PDA

View Full Version : Confused........either to gain muscle or lose fat? what to do HELP!

danyalati
02-03-2005, 02:29 PM
i am 16yr old and weight 215 lbs, 5'9 and surely 25%+ BF

I've been sitting for months reading this forum and i have'nt started anything yet
sure i've started eating less but have'nt planned out a diet yet
perhaps the reason i did'nt plan one was my studies & exams, but they are over now

Being a jobless 16 yr old, I thought i would'nt be able to afford 215g protein
we are'nt a rich class family and since my parents bought a new house, I'd figure they wont be able to pay 220g everyday chicken protein bills
untill my new discovery of lentils, which have 1:2 ratio protein & carbs and cheap as hell, with dietary fibres

My plan was to lose 40lbs until june and then start bulking (btw can you start bulking from the begining?) for a year. But due to the discovery of lentils, I'm thinking of a change in my plan .So should i lose my fat first, or try to gain muscle while also lose fat. I've heard this usually does'nt work since you end up not losing the fat while gain the muscle.

Here's my new planned diet (made accordingly for cutting)

2000 calories

360g lentils............100g protein......200g carbs(40g fibres)
50g rice.................3g protein.........40 g carbs
3 can tuna.............96g protein
olive oil..................2 tbsp
other....................10g protein
total.....................210g protein..... 240 g carbs and 26g fat

So Should i just cut first and then bulk OR should i lose fat and gain muscle at the same time
please tell me which is better, since i am a little confused

Thanks

BIGDUBBDEISEL
02-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Since you are bulked up already i would make sure you have alot of muscle and then cut.

danyalati
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
no i am not bulked up
i think i have 25%+ fat on me
infact i have'nt even done any weight training

JingM
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM
At 25%, better cut first then bulk, you can do both, but its harder and a longer process.

forgot password
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
figure out your lean bodyweight and then base your protein needs around that weight. say your 25% fat then 215*.25=53.75, lean body weight= 215- 53.75=161.25

so take in 170g of protein to be on the safe side, the 1 g per pund only applies if you have a normal fat %.

BIGDUBBDEISEL
02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I no, but i mean you have extra fat that can be converted into muscle so i would try changing some of that to muscle before cutting.

Graphite
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
stock up on some cans of tuna, cheapest protein source available. I'm pretty sure you can buy tuna.

BluntStatic
02-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I no, but i mean you have extra fat that can be converted into muscle so i would try changing some of that to muscle before cutting.
since when dose fat turn into muscle?

its really up to you about cutting or bulking i would cut

danyalati
02-03-2005, 07:08 PM
since when dose fat turn into muscle?

its really up to you about cutting or bulking i would cut

I was thinking exactly the same thing
BIGDUBBDIELSEL, Tell me how do you know that?

figure out your lean bodyweight and then base your protein needs around that weight. say your 25% fat then 215*.25=53.75, lean body weight= 215- 53.75=161.25

so take in 170g of protein to be on the safe side, the 1 g per pund only applies if you have a normal fat %.

Sure i'll do that , and it does'mt hurt to take a little more
but first of all i need more advice...keep it commin
wheather to cut and cut & bulk at the same time...lol

BIGDUBBDEISEL
02-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Isnt that the whole point of bulking? To add as much muscle as possible and as little fat? Well it is alot easier for a fat person to gain muscle then a skinnie person because they have more fat and are what i call dirty bulked whitch i heared some people say already.

BluntStatic
02-03-2005, 08:15 PM
well alot of people that are fat have more muscle than someone skinny but this dose not go for all people like me im as weak as anyone skinny but i am fat not from eating a ton but from not moving around i dont think it is easyer to bulk when you are fat than when you are skinny well maybe becuase your usto eating so much

also if you do a very clean bulk you well gain min fat and your metabolism well go up there for being easyer to cut if you dont mind being fat for awhile longer than go ahead and do a extremly clean bulk then cut

forgot password
02-04-2005, 11:33 AM
ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph

skinny, ectomorph, have a hard time gaining muscle because they have a hard time gaining any weight because their metabolism is so fast.

fat, endomorph, can gain muscle faster than skinny guys simply because they can gain weight but mesomorphs can still gain muscle faster than an endomorph.

You should cut, lose fat while minimalizing muscleloss, until you have a normal fat % then bulk a little to gain some muscle, once you start gaining too much fat from bulking start cutting again. Repeat this proicess till yuor satisfied w/your appearance.

danyalati
02-04-2005, 04:42 PM
My court has announced that i am pleaded guilty of being fat therefore has set a sentence of 5 month into a 2000 calories diet
Parole of a cheat day once a week will be ruled. Extra calories will be allowed until the offendant has lost 40 lbs
Case Dismissed!!

Thanks guys, I'm off to cutting (not my head), i mean sentence

I'll gain muscle or kill you when i get off the prison of diet! aahhhhahahHAHA