PDA

View Full Version : Christians: Are YOU Ready?

daygozfinest
08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Lss6j_WyOlc

Matthew 24:42 Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming.

nonAtlas
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes. :)

basement iron
08-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry but the world already ended in 2000.

Source : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKv563gbJbE

andres9606t
08-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Sorry but the world already ended in 2000.

Source : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKv563gbJbE

Haha, that was great, never seen it before.

Always amusing how every generation thinks that they live in the "end times".

nonAtlas
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Not really, at least according to the Bible. Only now, since just a few years ago, is it possible for us to be near the end (according to what the Word says is sure to happen after we saints are taken home by Messiah), though it is undeniable that the end times began long ago.

:)

Chris_710
08-07-2007, 08:27 PM

It wasn't only Christians flipping out about the Millennium though.

andres9606t
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Not really, at least according to the Bible. Only now, since just a few years ago, is it possible for us to be near the end (according to what the Word says is sure to happen after we saints are taken home by Messiah), though it is undeniable that the end times began long ago.

Here's a website to take a look at, if you're interested:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

It seems a common religious theme that "the end of the world is nigh, beware!". It taps into human arrogance and our innate tendency to far overestimate our own importance in the world. People love to think they are living through the end times.

clovely
08-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Here's a website to take a look at, if you're interested:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

It seems a common religious theme that "the end of the world is nigh, beware!". It taps into human arrogance and our innate tendency to far overestimate our own importance in the world. People love to think they are living through the end times.

Sorry, nonAtlas, Andres is right. My undergraduate degree is in history and it's always fascinated me as well. I've been hearing since I was a child that we're in the end times. That's all well and good and in God's timeframe (a day is as a thousand years) I'm sure we are. But the Bible also says no one will know the day. I think it's just so much wasted energy to focus on this.

nonAtlas
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry, nonAtlas, Andres is right. My undergraduate degree is in history and it's always fascinated me as well. I've been hearing since I was a child that we're in the end times. That's all well and good and in God's timeframe (a day is as a thousand years) I'm sure we are. But the Bible also says no one will know the day. I think it's just so much wasted energy to focus on this.

Right about what? That people have long declared that we are near the end? So what? That does no violence to the reality that I stated, which is that only recently did it become possible for the end-times events of Bible prophecy to occur. But believers surely recognized in the rebirth of Israel in 1948 that the hour would soon be upon us. So I really don't see a conflict.

solidus2k3
08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
lol

farmerlee
08-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Christ taught that we are to be ready at any moment which is why every generation of christians has believed he could return during their time. I also believe that christ could return at any time, that doesn't mean that i focus solely on it and ignore life. Rather i find it helps to keep me right with god pursuing his will rather than my own selfish desires.

MarkA15
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Christians: Are YOU Ready?
I was BORN ready.

caj
08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I've always been kinda curious as to how our (Christians) disappearance will be explained. Will they say UFO, world disaster, what??????

Oh well, that's for the Anit-Christ to worry about.

adilrockstar
08-08-2007, 03:40 PM
I've always been kinda curious as to how our (Christians) disappearance will be explained. Will they say UFO, world disaster, what??????

Oh well, that's for the Anit-Christ to worry about.

I think it will be ufo's, that they use to explain the rapture.

RelentlessChaos
08-08-2007, 03:48 PM
yes i am ready, but please put a warning on that. i had the volume loud, and that thunder or whatever scared me.

MarkA15
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
yes i am ready, but please put a warning on that. i had the volume loud, and that thunder or whatever scared me.

yeah same. lol.