PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong?

ssj4deadpool
02-01-2005, 01:40 PM
hey just started visiting the site and am using the abundance of advice thats posted here. i want to lose like 30-35 pounds, and i have been doing a weight routine in addition to boxing. i take a one a day vitamin, but have not been scientific about my weight loss. i have basically cut out junk, drink only water, have increased the size of my breakfast, but decreased the size of my lunch/dinner and dont eat after 7 o clock.

now my question is, how is it possible that i am losing 5 pounds a week. in 3 weeks of dieting i have lost 14 pounds. how can this be possible. i know im getting enough food, i never feel hungry, and am drinking plenty of water. i also know it isnt healthy to lose too much weight too fast, so what is going on?

thanks in advance guys.

afftonz28
02-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Alot of the time is not unusual to lose a large amount of weight at first. Just be careful make sure your tracking how many calories you are taking in. You may want to think about eating somethin such as some ff cc before bed or adding a few more cals at dinner and lunch.

ssj4deadpool
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
ill give you a basic example of what i eat right now:

breakfast- 2 bowls of corn flakes with skim milk, a cup of green tea

lunch- sandwhich with turkey, light italian dressing, lettuce, tomato
sushi (6 pieces california roll)

dinner- brown rice, about 1.5 cups and a third of a quart of chicken with broccili (its how its delivered, in quarts) with white garlic suace instead of the brown.

snacks- handful of sun flower seeds.
drinks- water, green tea, or chamamel (sp?) tea.

exercise consists of: 40 minutes of hitt cardio 5 days a week, and a 3 day split for weights. also i do boxing twice a week.

ssj4deadpool
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
ttt

0xffff
02-01-2005, 07:37 PM
hey just started visiting the site and am using the abundance of advice thats posted here. i want to lose like 30-35 pounds, and i have been doing a weight routine in addition to boxing. i take a one a day vitamin, but have not been scientific about my weight loss. i have basically cut out junk, drink only water, have increased the size of my breakfast, but decreased the size of my lunch/dinner and dont eat after 7 o clock.

now my question is, how is it possible that i am losing 5 pounds a week. in 3 weeks of dieting i have lost 14 pounds. how can this be possible. i know im getting enough food, i never feel hungry, and am drinking plenty of water. i also know it isnt healthy to lose too much weight too fast, so what is going on?

thanks in advance guys.

it's mostly water weight that you're losing. but keep at it and don't give up. you'll eventually notice that you're losing less per week (as your body becomes properly hydrated) and you'll get into your normal weekly amount.

chlaxman
02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
i think you are not eating enough, so oyu may also be losing some lean body mass, which is not good. spread your meals out over the day (6 small meals would be best), and try to get a 40%/40%/20% calorie split with carbs, protein, and fat.

Krzna
02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
it's mostly water weight that you're losing. but keep at it and don't give up. you'll eventually notice that you're losing less per week (as your body becomes properly hydrated) and you'll get into your normal weekly amount.
ever tried thermogenics? if u r body is holding up lotsa water weight, some properly timed thermogenic routines, on and off cycles should do you good.

ssj4deadpool
02-01-2005, 08:09 PM
thanks for the responses guys.

i decided that i would take a picture once every 3 weeks from a side and front view to track progress, plus keep a weight log of every week. i wont create a thread for that since there are already a few, but as of now im 6'2 240.

thanks for the advice guys, as soon as i get settled into the semester im going to be more scientific about my diet and create a 40-40-20 routine.