PDA

View Full Version : New Guy, Pics...Want to lose 80 lbs...

stark6935
08-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi, I'm new here and here are the cliffs notes. I am 22 years old, 310 lbs (already lost 20lbs lately) I used to lift weights, and made the mistake of bulking when I was already 260 lbs two years ago to 300 lbs. After quiting smoking, and just bad food I packed on another 30 lbs for a grand total of 330 lbs. I am tired of being the one who doesn't get the looks from the girls, and being afraid to go to the beach!

My goal weight at this point is 230 lbs. I am still trying to figure out a good diet to keep most of the mass I made when I bulked at 260, but realize I will lose some of that. I plan to keep this updated weekly if not WAY, WAY, more (kinda ocd like that)

I want to get into the Air Force for Fire Fighting, but they said I have to be 220 lbs, and they were kind of vague on the acceptable BF%...kind of weird the Marines said I needed to be 270 lbs to sign up, but I guess they need people a little worse.

Here is a photo of me Today. Sorry for the poor quality, and thanks for any positive input. Wish me luck, James.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/Picture.jpg

stark6935
08-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I will try to make a comprehensive diet/workout plan for you guys to see, but it may take me awhile to gather all the info.

Omni Vision
08-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Hey mate your body comp. looks alot like mine at the beginning of the year. Diet (correct eating) and exercise should do it.
To get your weight down DONT go to extremes first, just clean up your diet now and you should start losing weight. Cut hidden calories from 'drinks' and stick to water, JUST water.
Work in your exercise and slowly build that up and you should create a deficit, which will drop the kg's. Above all remain dedicated and you should be able to do it.

superman331
08-07-2007, 02:19 AM
"I want to get into the Air Force for Fire Fighting, but they said I have to be 220 lbs, and they were kind of vague on the acceptable BF%...kind of weird the Marines said I needed to be 270 lbs to sign up, but I guess they need people a little worse."

Air force is not hard up for recruits. Suprised by marines statement. I'm in the same boat as you. Trying to get from 39-40% Bf to 26% for army. So I know what your going through. Just keep looking forward and not back and you should do fine. Start working on pushup and situps. By the time you drop weight nobody will be able to keep up with you.

outbreak
08-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Good Luck!

stark6935
08-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Yeah, the reason I want the Air Force is because once I get out I am pretty much getting a paid job ASAP. I already have a lot of the training they would make me do, I would start out as an E-3 (I think lance corporal) And they will guarantee me the job I want.

I have a lot of red dots and stuff on me right now, but that will go away (from shaving chest...) I hope to not dissapoint you guys, and plan to make some encouraging friends along the way to help me to my goals. Thanks to all!

Omni Vision
08-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Posts some pics on your body space so we can keep track of you. Just remain focused and you can do it.
A motto i go by now is
"if it took me 26 years to get the body I have today, I cant expect to make changes over night. Change is a journey not a destination!"
Cheers and good luck

PaLftr
08-07-2007, 06:03 AM
You lucky bastard.

You've got alot of muscle mass under the fat.

Hotmoltenlava
08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Here's some motivation for you.

I was almost exactly your size in November @ 6'3". I was 295lbs, 35% body fat and about 185lbs LBM. Today, I am 254lbs, 19% body fat and 204lbs LBM. I am working towards 10% body fat and hope to be there within 6 months. The good news is that it is possible to do what you want, probably in shorter time than I have, because my goals aren't the same as yours. The question is whether you want it bad enough? How bad do you want it?

Full progress pics, below.

http://www.hotmoltenlava.com/Slimdown.html

Have a good one.

stark6935
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
You lucky bastard.

You've got alot of muscle mass under the fat.

Yeah, if I only had taken it in the right direction from the start... My legs can lift a lot too. Last time I lifted I remember doing 350 (squating) for about 10 I think, but that was awhile ago and I don't really remember for sure.

stark6935
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I have a question I can't really find a complete answer on. I always see that people should only lose 1-2 lbs a week, but that is usually in reference to people who weigh around 200 lbs. So my question is, can us bigger guys lose maybe 2-4 lbs a week safely, until maybe we get down to around 250 lbs? Thanks again.

superman331
08-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I have a question I can't really find a complete answer on. I always see that people should only lose 1-2 lbs a week, but that is usually in reference to people who weigh around 200 lbs. So my question is, can us bigger guys lose maybe 2-4 lbs a week safely, until maybe we get down to around 250 lbs? Thanks again.

I'm 341 with 39% bf and my doctor said i could lose 4-5 a week until I got down like 250-270 range and then bring it to 1-3 range.

FrostFox
08-08-2007, 02:14 AM
You can lose 1% of your bodyweight per week without losing muscle mass.

If you do everything perfectly, you can reach your goal in about 9 months. Don't do anything extreme (like the Velocity Diet) until you get in the swing of things.

Best of luck. I'll be watching your progress closely. :)

As for your diet plan, I'm very interested in seeing what you have planned out. Just don't go over 3000 calories per day!

stark6935
08-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the inspiration so far guys (god knows I will need a lot more.), and hope you all reach your goals as well.

I have lost a little weight so far, but it is probably just water weight... I still haven't made a real diet, but I do have a pretty good idea of what I have been eating, and I'm doing fairly well. I haven't been lifting weights right now because I don't have a gym membership, and can't afford one right now. I am however doing my walking/jogging, and I hope I can keep losing weight.

stark6935
08-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Every time you, or I, look at this thread do 10 push-ups, and 10 sit-ups for me. Subscribe, because this is going to be good!

Omni Vision
08-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Im gonna take that on board and start the push up's/sit ups now

AntonBachuk
08-10-2007, 02:20 AM
good luck buddy, we are in it together

stark6935
08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
good luck buddy, we are in it together

Thanks to both of the above posters! I am now down to 304ish. I ate a huge salad, and drank a ton of water before that though.

I got the salad from Burger King, but I thought it was a total rip off...terrible ingredients, and just plain gross. I can make a better salad by myself for probably 50 cents.

Basically I have just been walking every night for about 30-60 minutes. I would jog, but I need to build up my endurance more, and lose a couple pounds to make it a little easier.

I just got laid off, so my monetary situation isn't the greatest right now, and that is why I haven't been lifting weights. I want to join a gym, but I can't believe how quick everything adds up when your buying it yourself, so I just have to wait...

I really appreciate everyones support here, and I come in to read everyones progress to inspire me when I'm feeling down, and wanting to give up. I have lived too much of my damn life being overweight, and I want it to change now. Now excuse me while I do 10 push-ups!

Saint Mike
08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Welcome bro!

Looks like I have another journal to suscribe to. Keep poundin' it out and you'll get where you want to be!

PS: Just did my 10/10 for the thread!

stark6935
08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Cool, thanks man. I will do another 10...I'm gonna have these down real fast lol.

stark6935
08-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I drank yesterday, and ate some pretty bad food... I ate some bad food today, and I am feeling pretty guilty right now. I am going to get back on the scale tomorrow, but I'm sure it wont be pretty. We went tubing down a river and drank, so I kind of put myself in a bad position for a diet... Oh well.

stark6935
08-13-2007, 07:07 PM
I am going walking/jogging tonight, and I hope maybe the scale will be lower tomorrow, but I'm keeping at it.

I went to the Navy people (the air force guys weren't in), and they said that I had 30% bf. They seemed pretty interested in me, but kind of like whatever. Then I took their practice test (I only did 3/4 of it), and scored a 67, so I would guess I would score at least an 80 on the real deal. After I scored that they were like, "come train with us, and come to our dep meetings." lmao I think I could sign with the Marines in another 15 lbs or so, but I don't know....I really want the Air Force, so I'm probably going to wait for what I want.

stark6935
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Lost a couple more lbs. Just sticking to the diet plan, and doing my cardio almost every day.

stark6935
08-15-2007, 05:48 PM
still here losing lbs :). Congratulations me, thanks me.

Saint Mike
08-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Keep on pounding it out bro!

Peace,
Mike

stark6935
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I know I don't have very specific info in here, but I will post update pics when I hit 290 lbs.

stark6935
08-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Just wanted to say I am still here, and trying to keep strict. I go walking almost every day. I ran some the other day, but it made me really sore. It felt awesome to stretch out like that though, and I am really making good progress. I am at about 292 right now, but I will keep going untill I am a steady 290 to show some pics.

I read the other posts every day though, and they really help inspire me. I hope eveyone meets their goal, and I will keep on fighting.

outbreak
08-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Keep up the good work man. I just did 10 of each. I think at 290 pounds, walking at a decent pace would be better than running, IMO your joints will thank you for it. Thats just my opinion, maybe someone else has a better idea on that.

stark6935
08-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, probably. I wasn't really sore in my knees, but I know that they are kind of strained already, so I try to go easy on them. I was sore more in my muscles from actually running for the first time in a while.

superman331
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Keep up the good work

stark6935
08-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Ok I put this pic next to my starting one where I was 310. I am now at 288-289, so I can tell the progress so far. I have an akward pose... I need to take some pics with real poses, but this will do for now.

310lbs.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/Picture.jpg[/QUOTE]

288-289lbs.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/000_0304.jpg

outbreak
08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Good progress! nothing like results to keep you motivated.

Whats your training schedule looking like?

stark6935
08-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I have been walking every night for about 40 minutes. I want to run, and it feels good, but the days after I attempt it I end up having pains in my knees, so I'm keeping with the walking until I can get to like 260. I haven't been lifting weights really, but I plan to once I get a little lower weight.

I mainly just eat salads with turkey, or chicken on it, and non fat ranch dressing. I pretty much only drink water, but if I do drink something else it's fruit juice. I don't have cheat meals very much, because I think about how bad the stuff is for me, and how much more work I have to put into it to work it off. I've only drank alcohol like 3 times since starting this, and only drink diet cola, and whisky. I know your not supposed to drink anything at all, but I like to go out sometimes, and I am starting to look better so its more fun.

I plan on bulking once I get down to about 15% bf, and then really trying hard to cut down very clean. I used to hit the weights very hard when I bulked last time, and put a lot of effort, and concentration into every rep. I'm going to probably do a 5 day lifting schedule m-f.

Thanks for the encouragement, James.

stark6935
08-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Starting this really has made me think more, and more about my health, and not just how I look. It really helps to think about all the fat and what it does to my heart. when I think I want that slice of pizza, or chineese food I just remind myself this is for my health too. I work in a grocery store, and I see tons of old people every day, and I realized the other day that there aren't ANY severely obese seniors around. Sure there are some 75 year old men that have big guts hangin out, but I don't think they live very long. I want to live a long life, and I need to be lean, and healthy to do that.

jklv
08-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Starting this really has made me think more, and more about my health, and not just how I look. It really helps to think about all the fat and what it does to my heart. when I think I want that slice of pizza, or chineese food I just remind myself this is for my health too. I work in a grocery store, and I see tons of old people every day, and I realized the other day that there aren't ANY severely obese seniors around. Sure there are some 75 year old men that have big guts hangin out, but I don't think they live very long. I want to live a long life, and I need to be lean, and healthy to do that.
Exactly, good luck man you have very much potential ;)

stark6935
09-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Still walking every night, I kind of fell off the boat this last weekend, and binged a bit, nothing real horrible (actually it was pretty bad), but I haven't had any progress. I will keep you posted.

derickonfire
09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Good progress man!

Few things -

Running definitely feels good - and it works you a lot more, but really at your weight I'm not sure it's a good idea. I know even when I was 240ish I still had sore knees, and the longterm trade off may not be worth it. You may want to look into running across some really soft grassy fields, or maybe short jogs in sand - these will be harder than running on road, obviously - but the impact will be FAR less.

Also make sure your walks are BRISK and tire you out.

And the main thing that I really really really encourage you to do is start a food log. Update it EVERY day, or like me - 5-6 times a day! It lets you see EVERYTHING you eat, and exactly where ya stand for the day, once you do it for a month it allows you to really easily say no to that pizza when you can visually see that you're already 100 calories over your budget.

Fitday.com - I add all my custom foods also, like stuff from when I go shopping.

stark6935
09-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, I am still trying to go here. I really would like to be about 277 by next saturday, possibly 276. I do keep my walks brisk. I got about 2 miles in 30 minutes, so its not blazing fast, but not really slow either for walking I guess. My joints have been bothering me, so I'm not going to my potential right now.

derickonfire
09-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I am still trying to go here. I really would like to be about 277 by next saturday, possibly 276. I do keep my walks brisk. I got about 2 miles in 30 minutes, so its not blazing fast, but not really slow either for walking I guess. My joints have been bothering me, so I'm not going to my potential right now.

Good good.

Ya taking supplements? May want to look into some to help with the joints...

and what about soft surfaces? I'm sure you can find a big track surrounding a grass field, and instead of walking on the track, walk along the inside soft grass?

stark6935
09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I usually just walk on the bike trail because I have very easy access to it, and it is right by the river so the view is good. I think when I get down a little lower I will feel a lot better with my joints. I can already feel the pressure being relieved on them so far. Thanks for the replies.

stark6935
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi, I have been doing the usual, but haven't been as upbeat about it as I usually am. I am trying to keep motivated, and feel that I will, but it gets hard sometimes.
I went about 2.5 miles last night, and about 3 miles today. My knees are feeling way better, and I hope to keep losing. I will post some pictures here in the next week or so when I get some time. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them.

I hope to be signed up with the AF by Christmas, and think this is a reasonable goal for now.

superman331
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
motivation for you "There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them."
Phyllis Bottome

stark6935
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks for help. I was pondering joining the Marines because you can join at a higher weight, but after talking to my manager at work who is, or was a Marine, told me if he could do it over he would go AF. I think I will keep with the AF idea. Thanks again, James.

superman331
09-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Here is my phrase that motivates me. "If I put the effort and dedication into my goals I shall succeed" When it gets really hard I think. "You have push your self to the point where you can't push anymore. Then you have to push a little further." The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.

outbreak
09-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Can we have an update??? :)

stark6935
09-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I have really lost focus lately, and I need to get back on track. I am currently at 279, and I desperately want to start losing again.

I'm really pissed that I haven't been doing what I need to to lose. I am still walking every single night, but I drank way to much the past few days, and I'm sure that is a huge factor in why I am doing so horrible.

Let me start right now by saying tomorrow is a new day, and I will update daily for the next week to get me back on track. I'm sure that I am carrying quite a bit of water right now due to the fact that I am eating more than I should, and probably some waste weight. I would think I would lose a couple pounds pretty quickly here, so wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the motivation, James.

stark6935
09-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Here is another comparo. I think I was actually closer to 286-287 in the first pic, but oh well.

288-289lbs.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/000_0304.jpg[/QUOTE]

279. This is a pic of me just like 15 minutes ago...I know there is progress, but I have been slacking for like a week on my diet.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/000_0331.jpg

stark6935
09-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Please help me get through this mental plateau I'm having... I will really try this next week. Thanks again. James

outbreak
09-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Good work man! Can notice the difference, more definition around the face and neck, also along your collar bone! Keep on track!

stark6935
09-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks bro.

lost1700
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Keep up the good work. Can definitely tell the difference.

stark6935
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Checking in tonight. I did good on my diet today, and walked my 2 miles again tonight. I hope I can shed a couple more lbs this week to get me motivated again. I feel like if I could just get to 260 I would look better, and be more motivated.

BuckVincent
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Checking in tonight. I did good on my diet today, and walked my 2 miles again tonight. I hope I can shed a couple more lbs this week to get me motivated again. I feel like if I could just get to 260 I would look better, and be more motivated.

I didnt read through the whole thread, but here is an easy way to keep yourself motivated. Instead of walking your 2 miles at your same pace, gradually(like every week) cut the time it takes you to walk your 2 miles. Right now its taking me 22 min to run 2 miles. I walk for the first 5 or so minutes, then keep a constant pace of 5.5 miles per hour. Just try working your way up. Easy way to see progress and keep you motivated. I look at it like a game :)

stark6935
09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh yeah. I bought a new scale tonight. I got rid of the 10 dollar scale I had, and got a digital scale. It has the bf% read out, and what not, but I don't think it is real accurate. I more wanted to have a scale that told me exactly what I weighed, because I had a hard time reading what the little line was on on my mechanical scale. The shadows and what not made it quite a bit harder to tell.

stark6935
09-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Just got back from my walk, so far so good on my diet today. Hopefully the scale will inch a little down tomorrow.

stark6935
09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I didnt read through the whole thread, but here is an easy way to keep yourself motivated. Instead of walking your 2 miles at your same pace, gradually(like every week) cut the time it takes you to walk your 2 miles. Right now its taking me 22 min to run 2 miles. I walk for the first 5 or so minutes, then keep a constant pace of 5.5 miles per hour. Just try working your way up. Easy way to see progress and keep you motivated. I look at it like a game :)

Holy ****, didn't even see you posted this. Thanks for the response. I am pretty happy with my 30-35 minutes at 2 miles right now. I actually went 2 miles in about 24 minutes the other day, and that was at a jog/walk pace. I know I could run/jog the entire thing faster, but I don't want my knees to get hurt. Thanks for the encouragement.

stark6935
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Last night I had quite a bit of discomort from my knees, and when I woke up this morning I noticed some bruising on my knee... I read that it might be due to a lack of arch support, or something like that, but I don't really have the money for a doctors visit right now.

Anyway, I'm going for my walk in a few minutes, so I'll check in tomorrow, or Tuesday.

outbreak
09-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Last night I had quite a bit of discomort from my knees, and when I woke up this morning I noticed some bruising on my knee... I read that it might be due to a lack of arch support, or something like that, but I don't really have the money for a doctors visit right now.

Anyway, I'm going for my walk in a few minutes, so I'll check in tomorrow, or Tuesday.

Get yourself a pair of good runners. Good ones! Go to one of those places that give you the shoe type for your foot type. When I did that it helped so much.

stark6935
09-25-2007, 12:22 AM
I don't really have money for shoes right now, but will get some soon.

I am actually starting to lose again now, and I feel like my joints are gettin quite a bit better. I keep trying to do chin ups now and then, but I am still too heavy. I think within the next 15 lbs I will be able to do one. I got about 2/3 of the way up today, but I just can't quite get it. Ok, I'll be back tonight.

lost1700
09-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Do you do any weight training? If not, I would definitely throw a good workout plan in the mix. Do weights one day and do cardio the next and cylce it.

Go here for great information on workout plans.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=972440

stark6935
09-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Still walking every night.

I haven't been lifting weights right now, but I plan to in the future.

FrostFox
10-01-2007, 01:30 AM
That weight loss is insane. You are doing amazing, keep it up!

outbreak
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
where are you man?

stark6935
10-08-2007, 05:23 AM
I had to work a ton, and went out of town for the weekend. I haven't been doing so good on the diet portion, but still walk every day.

I will be checking in more often this next week, and hope to keep up the losing. I need to re-evaluate my goals, make new ones, and strive for more. I think my next goal will be 230 lbs, because at that point I could have the recruiter get the paper work together, and he would know I was serious.

I will keep you updated, Thanks for the reply.

stark6935
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I think I'm going to start jogging 2 miles in the morning in addition to the 2 miles I go at night. I feel I am right at that point... I'm going to start this next Monday, and hope this really gives me the added boost.

stark6935
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM
I feel like I want to cheat on my diet and eat some garbage, so I'm gonna post here....

I did ok today, but seems like night time is the hardest for me not to cheat. I just got back from my walk, and will be at work all day tomorrow. I work in a grocery store, so I see food all flippin day long, and it can be really hard. Anyway, heres to another day.

derickonfire
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Ya gotta find some good tasty healthy foods bro.

Take a walk down the isle one day on your lunch and look at all the labels - something will pop-out at you and you'll be happy.

Pepperminty
10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I read through your thread for motivation (I'm a lurker but decided to post). I see a big difference in your pics! You should keep it up. Looks like you have good size under it all and you'll look really good with some of the fat off.

Have you considered incorporating a cheat meal once a week to stave off cravings?

stark6935
10-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks pepperminty. I do have cheat meals, but I don't really schedule them. I try not to do it very often, but do once in awhile.

I'm going for my walk now, and hope to see the scale move tomorrow... Thanks for the comments guys.

stark6935
10-11-2007, 07:45 PM
When I went out of town last weekend people every where were saying that I looked really good, and it makes you feel great. Girls were being drastically different towards me... I hope to lose more weight soon, and get that high school shape back.

I'm also planning to make a comprehensive diet when I start lifting weights, and count everything. I plan to lift weights when I hit about 210 lbs. That is a ways off, but it's just when I feel comfortable starting it.

Oh, and I'll post pics whenever I get to about 250lbs.

derickonfire
10-11-2007, 09:36 PM
The girls get better as your shoulders broaden and your waste shrinks.

Random girls will start going out of the way to say HI to you, and woman (mature, but hot) will give you a lot more attention and respect when ya pass them at the grocery store or mall.

Imagine when you hit 15% << bodyfat my friend.

I can't wait, I know that.

stark6935
10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, the scale finally moved today, and it did it twice, it was weird as hell. I woke up kinda early, and weighed myself and I was down like a pound. I went back to sleep for a couple hours, because its my day off, and I didn't weigh myself until a couple hours ago, and I was down like another 3, so this is really good. I sat at the same weight for like 2 weeks, or more I think, and now I finally get some results...

I haven't gone on my walk tonight yet, but I will in a bit here.

Hope everyone keeps at it, and gets the results they are lookin for. I'm getting closer to my goals.

Oh, and I don't think I will start jogging just yet tomorrow... My knees are still pretty achy some days, and I think they could probably handle it, but I just don't want to deal with the soreness right now.

stark6935
10-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I did some HIIT tonight, and so far so good with my knees. I felt good doing it. I didn't do it quite to spec, but I think it felt good to mix it up.

I will probably start doing this a couple times a week, and then just jogging, or something the rest of the time. I kinda cheated on my diet tonight, but it wasn't too bad. I had a big ass salad, and a pack of skittles, but thats not that big of a deal. I feel my discipline is pretty good, so I reward myself sometimes. I will probably eat a nice meal for a cheat when I have some money though....next week.

I hope to start lifting in about the next month and a half, so I'm going to start reading up on what to put in my routine. I did do quite a bit of lifting for a while there, but need to read more on the smaller exercises. I will probably do 5-6 exercises for each body part, but will start with the basics at first to ease me in.

stark6935
10-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Heres a secret....I go by my analog scale which is about 3.5 lbs heavier than the digital which is more accurate. I am probably closer to 250 lbs right now technically, so I only have about 30 lbs to go until I can actually join the Air Force... I cant wait! lol

I can't believe how fast it feels like this is going even thought it has slowed down considerably in the past month.

stark6935
10-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok, I cheated a bit at work today, but I think I needed a refeed of some sort. I feel like a giant jug of water right now. I ate a salad that was probably 1/3 head of lettuce, chicken, and other stuff. I drank a ton of water today though, and that is probably why my weight fluctuated so much.

I did another HIIT tonight, felt good. I hope to lose some more soon here!

TheScientist
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok, I cheated a bit at work today, but I think I needed a refeed of some sort. I feel like a giant jug of water right now. I ate a salad that was probably 1/3 head of lettuce, chicken, and other stuff. I drank a ton of water today though, and that is probably why my weight fluctuated so much.

I did another HIIT tonight, felt good. I hope to lose some more soon here!

pic of progress at 250?

stark6935
10-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, once I'm around a steady 250 I will post a picture.

Did my walking again tonight. Its been raining a ton around here lately, which has made it kinda crappy to go out in, but I do. I will probably do some HIIT tomorrow though.

stark6935
10-24-2007, 12:33 AM
I will post a new photo this Friday. I will have it next to my starting photo. I am getting a little better at the cardio, and waiting to do the jogging has paid off, because I feel my knees can actually take it now.

I do HIIT sometimes now, and a little jogging. I just figure I will mix it up from time to time.

derickonfire
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Nice dude,

Can't wait to see progress pics.

Cardio gets easier and easier as you keep doing it =p

stark6935
10-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately, but I'm workin a lot again... 7 days in a row, and just haven't had much to say. I will post pics soon here, but need to get motivated...

I am still losing, but a lot slower than the start. I don't mind though. I plan to be signed up with the Air Force by Christmas though! I wont leave for a year after that, but I will start lifting weights, and plan to be one of the most drastic transformations on this site EVER.

stark6935
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
310 lbs.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/Picture.jpg[/QUOTE]

This is me now at 247 lbs.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/000_0347.jpg

Here is one of my bicept, I haven't been lifting at all, but I don't have trouble gaining muscle, so I haven't been worried about it.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/hornedfrog2000/000_0349.jpg

stark6935
11-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey there, I am still walking every night, but have lost quite a bit of motivation. I need to keep updating this, and I will be for the next couple months to get rid of this last bit of fat. I'm right around 238-239lbs, and I would like to get a little lower by Thanksgiving, but I know that isn't a whole lot of time.

Well, guess that's it... ciao