PDA

View Full Version : A Bad Weekend ...

Coffee
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
So here's the deal... My weight is 183 lbs normally. When I wake up and weight myself on an empty stomach and no shirt, I can be as little as 179 lbs.

Normal, right?

So this past weekend, I went camping and had nothing but beer, junkfood (chips & cookies), powerade, water, burgers, sausages, weed, shrooms, etc... basically, **** I normally wouldn't eat throughout the week. I got back home and weighed myself and I was at 188 lbs. :-(

upon takin' a dump, it was down to 186 lbs. after eating a normal, home-cooked dinner, combined with a protein shake, i'm now at around 185 lbs.

I'm curious... what kind of weight did I gain? Is this water weight? I assume some of it had to have been fat ..... but what my friends say that most people who are fitness fanatics typically have these "binge" weekends since the body has a tendency of stabalizing.... so I assume that if I go back to a regular day of regular food, no junk food, water, hit the gym, I'll be back to my 183 ....

is this correct? does anyone else do this the odd time and not get worried about it?? I'm kinda worried cuz prior to all this, I was at 11.4 % body fat.... lord knows what I am now :-(

rforgione
08-06-2007, 07:11 PM
There's only so much damage you can do to yourself in a weekend. Maybe you gained a little bit of fat but it's probably a negligible amount. The vast majority of what you gained was water. I've heard of guys' weight being off for up to a week because of water weight. Keep eating clean and stay really well hydrated and the body will let go of all the water it's holding on to. I'm sure your body fat % went up very little over the course of the weekend. :)

The Solution
08-06-2007, 07:43 PM
since ur diet consisted of **** over the weekend ur body was thrown off by it calling it a cheat meal

this is healthy for the metabolism to throw it off every once in a while, but seeing what u ate im sure a lil of it was fat gain and maybe a bit of water *depein on how much beer u drank and whatnot*

but regardless if u consist ur diet of ****ty foods like that all the time when u binge u will see weight gain

the loss of weight overnight was from water weight

i dont think ull lose 2 lbs jut going back to ur normal diet.. u might go back to ur normal weight after a few days or so, but not the next day.. the body needs time to process and get back into its normal routine

kmart07
08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
yea man everytime i cheat i bloat for a day or two and it sucks. Its mainly water weight and if you gained any fat it'll be easily burned because its probably mainly carbs being stored as fat. Also when you eat your body goes in shock and your metabolism increases because your body is not used to it.

BlackRadio
08-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I ate a huge piece of fresca pizza on friday. Saturday I had 2 slices of cheese pizza, then later on I had a 6 pack of bud light and a few rum&cokes, and about a half bag of tortilla chips with salsa and sour cream. I weigh/look the same.

formula1
08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I ate a huge piece of fresca pizza on friday. Saturday I had 2 slices of cheese pizza, then later on I had a 6 pack of bud light and a few rum&cokes, and about a half bag of tortilla chips with salsa and sour cream. I weigh/look the same.

I ate pretty bad on Friday night.. it was following way too many rum and cokes (first drinks in weeks), so it all came back out anyway :D I don't know if thats a good thing or not. Sorry liver.

Sibrek
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah you probably gained pure fat.

that's why all of your friends who do this every weekend(and maybe every day) weigh 500 lbs.

amberlynn72
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM

WHAT A MAN..WHAT A MAN... WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN...lol

Aindreas
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Tell me shrooms weren't the most amazing thing you've ever done in your life? I hope you didn't ruin the trip by getting drunk.

Oh yeah, and enjoy being a fat@ss. ;)

newbkid
08-06-2007, 08:52 PM
u need help sis.

Aindreas
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
u need help sis.

Who is "sis"? The OP is male.

Coffee
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
upon waking up this morning, and throughout most of the day, I was back to my usual 183 ... *phew!*

(and I didn't even go to the gym! just ate what I normally woulda ate on a normal day)