PDA

View Full Version : Ephedrine

ThailerDurden
01-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Do any ephedra products cause muscle loss?

gridtalker
01-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Do any ephedra products cause muscle loss?<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=sales03-20&path=subst/home/home.html" vspale=0></iframe>
<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src=" http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=26399296&siteid=40230205&bfpage=tiger_button" vspale=0></iframe>
<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1579139-10289411" vspale=0></iframe>

No it just cuts the fat as long as you are working out

triplewhammy
01-31-2005, 05:38 AM
i heard somewhere that ephedrine is actually slightly anticatabolic. i've been taking it for a couple years now (on and off of course) and have never really noticed anything, but anyone else have any ideas on this??

CrazyTall
01-31-2005, 06:22 AM
It causes your body to lose water and it kills your appetite somewhat. Thats the only way it could cause you to lose muscle. Keep hydrated and eat your meals and you'll be fine.

PSKlifter
01-31-2005, 07:29 AM
i agree w/ crazy. it does deplete appetite, so as long as you force yourself to eat, you lose. however, remember the point of taking it, so dont include it in your diet while bulking. I know i personally feel less of a pump while on due to the restrictiveness, but some respond differently.

Lok7y
01-31-2005, 07:37 AM
i heard somewhere that ephedrine is actually slightly anticatabolic. i've been taking it for a couple years now (on and off of course) and have never really noticed anything, but anyone else have any ideas on this??

It is. Beta adrenergic stimulation mimicks skeletal muscular insulin resistance, which creates a protein-sparing effect.

Z3R0-CooL
01-31-2005, 07:38 AM
^^

theoritically yes it is anti-catabolic.. not noticibly though IMHO.

its like clenbuterol... it theory and in rats its anabolic.. but in real world its not...

iixtacyii
01-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Isn't ephedrine baned? sorry i fellow lots of the other threads but i never really got into understanding any so called "Fat Burners".....

Lok7y
01-31-2005, 07:49 AM
^^

theoritically yes it is anti-catabolic.. not noticibly though IMHO.

its like clenbuterol... it theory and in rats its anabolic.. but in real world its not...

Clenbuterol could be anabolic in humans. The problem is that it would require a fatal dose to generate this sort of adrenergic-mediated hypertrophy. Growth ain't no good if it just makes you harder to fit in a coffin.

Lok7y
01-31-2005, 07:51 AM
Isn't ephedrine baned? sorry i fellow lots of the other threads but i never really got into understanding any so called "Fat Burners".....

Ephedra is banned. The expectorant/bronchilidator ephedrine HCl is still quite legal.

iixtacyii
01-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Ephedra is banned. The expectorant/bronchilidator ephedrine HCl is still quite legal.

So is there a difference in the two? Besides what they are supose to be used for...

ThailerDurden
02-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Anybody here ever used it?

Lonny
02-24-2005, 09:24 AM

Well considering theres probably 100 reviews/logs of it on the site, i would say that it has been used.

Lok7y
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM

I hear it's a carefully-guarded secret of the fitness-enthusiast world, with only a brave, wise few willing to risk life, limb, and central norepinephrine release for the glory that is indescriminate beta-adrenergic agonism. Remember, the first rule of ephedrine HCl use is you do not talk about ephedrine HCl use. We can't let "The Man" catch on.

bigcalves
02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
It causes your body to lose water and it kills your appetite somewhat. Thats the only way it could cause you to lose muscle. Keep hydrated and eat your meals and you'll be fine.

true:D

Also it makes your metabolism faster, and if you suddenly drop calories+ the high metabolism you will lose some muscle too, but if you are smart about it, its the best fat burner out there ( i stack it with caffeine) and its cheap too it costs 15$ for the caffeine and the ephedrine for 1 month supply.

Lok7y
02-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Ephedrine and caffeine's ability to accelerate protein synthesis easily overcomes its marginal effects on REE (resting energy expenditure). People need to recognize this: ephedrine is a badass diet aid because it is a sympathomimetic-stimulant-appetite suppressant. It really doesn't burn much in the way of calories.

armz_ha
02-24-2005, 09:56 AM
its actually quite the opposite.

brumbartcheto
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
its actually quite the opposite.

Hahahaha Thus, ephedra products build muscles???!!! Interesting . :) :) :)

armz_ha
02-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Hahahaha … Thus, ephedra products build muscles???!!! Interesting …. :) :) :)
kinda... :)

brumbartcheto
02-24-2005, 10:10 AM
kinda... :)

Could you elaborate on the mechanism of action please :)

armz_ha
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Could you elaborate on the mechanism of action … please :)
I dunno but years and years ago til today, I heard ephedra has anti-catabolic properties which prevents muscle wasting....

That's why its great for bulking or cutting....

Lok7y
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Could you elaborate on the mechanism of action please :)

I have two posts on this thread already that allude to this quite clearly.