PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition on the road

Clowd
08-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be on the road for 3 weeks soon, and I don't want to pack on a gut while doing it, nor do I want to go poor paying for food on the road.

What do you guys recommend? I was planning on getting used to eating a LOT of protein bars and oatmeal.

Any tips?

Murdok1741
08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Along with getting used to eating alot of protein bars and oatmeal, I would recommend reading up on the healthier items on the menu of many fast food places. The nutrition-concious items are scarce, but there. Taco Bell for example gives the option of making "Fresco" type deals (in which you can make a taco, fresco style)...I'm not exactly sure on the facts, but they are healthier. You should be able to find the facts on the internet.

Definitelynotme
08-04-2007, 12:15 AM
you can pretty much find chicken everywhere you go. do your best to eat healthy, but you arent going to gain/lose much in 3 weeks, so enjoy yourself!

Clowd
08-04-2007, 12:56 AM
any good sites to buy bars in bulk??

The Solution
08-04-2007, 03:54 AM
any site really just do a search for ur favorite bar and find the site that is cheapest with price / shipping

also meal replacement packets are great.. easy to make and shake up at anytime

i also reccomend buying some fruit / almonds.. trail mix.. granola.. anything you can get ur hands on that is easy and for protein you can always get canned goods like chicken and tuna

just a few side tips

good luck and enjoy ur trip

Clowd
08-04-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks guys.

bookv
08-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I would get some meal replacement packets instead of the bars, theres a lot more sugar and saturated fats in bars. I would also pack:

-canned tuna with easy-snap lids
-some nuts
-some dried fruits

Pretty much the same stuff as another poster's list.