PDA

View Full Version : Recipe help 4 date....salmon + yellow peppers suggestions?

furious420
01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey,

I have my first date with this girl I really want to impress with my cooking. She loves salmon and yellow peppers, now I need a recipe that somehow combines the two or a side dish containing yellow peppers that isnt too elaborate. I know this is rather specific request but if anyone could help with suggestions I would be eternally grateful. Thanks again, hope to hear from you.

Robbyrh10
01-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Use a lemon flavored marinade on the salmon and you could incoprate the peppers into a nice salad. My favorite salmon dish is BBQ salmon. Another idea is to throw the peppers on the grill and then serve them along side or mixed into a nice sauce for the salmon.

A.FreeRadical
01-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Use a lemon flavored marinade on the salmon and you could incoprate the peppers into a nice salad. My favorite salmon dish is BBQ salmon. Another idea is to throw the peppers on the grill and then serve them along side or mixed into a nice sauce for the salmon.

Good recommendation.

Here is a recipe for brown rice. You could put the rice in the yellow pepper or chop the pepper and put it into the rice.

3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 tablespoon uncooked wild rice
1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 chopped fresh broccoli
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth

Directions 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2 In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish combine white rice, wild rice, brown rice, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, onion, salt, onion flakes, paprika, black pepper and broth. Mix well; cover.
3 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cooked through; stir once during baking.

Don't forget candles. :D

A.FreeRadical