PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Noodle Soup

WeightJunkie
01-19-2005, 11:01 AM
What does everyone think about chicken noodle soup (home made not he stuff from a box) good for you..or no

geoffsherman
01-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I get the Chunky brand and have that for lunch with peanut butter on whole grain bread and it is a pretty good meal. Low fat, good carbs, great protein.

arch stanton
01-19-2005, 12:08 PM
watch the sodium on that.

especially canned soups, ALLL BRANDs.... i remember a while after i quit smoking, eating cambell's chunky soup, couldn't eat it from the salty taste. I first thought it was just that batch maybe, but I also noticed a jump in taste sensitivity in a lot of foods after quitting.

A.FreeRadical
01-19-2005, 01:39 PM
What does everyone think about chicken noodle soup (home made not he stuff from a box) good for you..or no

The problem is the noodles. You could use a whole wheat pasta or noodle instead of the regular noodles which are made from refined flour.

A simple noodle soup can be made using chopped chicken breasts, noodles, chicken broth and parsley. When I feel like I am getting a cold, I make a big post of this and eat it until it is gone. 3 pots and 0 colds so far this year.

Here is a fancier one like Grandma used to make:

Ingredients 3/4 cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon wide egg noodles
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
4 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup diced, cooked chicken meat

If you don't want a clear broth, use this:
1 tablespoon and 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon water

A.FreeRadical

geoffsherman
01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I have to be honest with you, if you are watching the carb and sugars from noodles in a can of soup, you may be going a little overboard.

Josh37
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM

Why not just make your own chicken soup? Throw in some whole wheat pasta, chopped up chicken, celery and carrots, and a little bit of salt. This is much better than eating some canned soup that is usually over processed and loaded with sugar and other crap....

impossible702
01-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I have to be honest with you, if you are watching the carb and sugars from noodles in a can of soup, you may be going a little overboard.

haha yeah.