PDA

View Full Version : DO you count the protien you get from wheat bread?

greatxone
01-19-2005, 08:17 AM
topic? also every single wheat bread i find has that HFCS in it. is it really that bad for you? in what ways is it bad for you? i cant seem to avoid it and money is also an issue. it does say its whole wheat flour tho or something like that.

saw14
01-19-2005, 08:47 AM
yes i count the protein that i get from whole wheat, grains, and other incomplete proteins. i eat an incomplete protein with complete proteins every meal so they are then completed. as for the hfcs in the whole wheat bread, if you eat a slice or two of bread a day it wont kill you, if you consume it more often then that it may start to effect you. how? excess weight gain and other things happen, its just an inferior ingridient that should be avoided. if money is an issue though, why not just buy brown rice and/or oatmeal, these are both much cheaper, you get more for your money, and there is no other ingridients to it other then rice or oats.

greatxone
01-19-2005, 08:57 AM
thanks for the reply, i will be getting oatmeal, is quaker oatmeal good? also the reason i use bread is to make me sandwiches because its a good way to get in my protien. how else can i get it it ? i dont wanna just be eating turkey and tuna with no bread. argh im confused. someone help me out here. il rep you.

Haywood Jablome
01-19-2005, 09:41 AM
I use whole wheat wraps in place of bread. They're less calorie dense and therefore fit into my daily calorie limit better. I stuff it with tuna and a little low fat mir whip.

greatxone
01-19-2005, 11:02 AM
i get those whole wheat wraps as well but they dont have that many carbs in them. i guess i should replace my bread with beans, rice, and oats?

Makeupmonsterdo
01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Food for Life makes Ezekial Bread which is all natural, high in protein, and very filling. You can find it at most Health stores (like Wild Oats or Whole Foods) and at Trader Joe's.

greatxone
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
i heard that breads like 4 bucks a loaf. to much money for me.

saw14
01-19-2005, 11:37 AM
i get those whole wheat wraps as well but they dont have that many carbs in them. i guess i should replace my bread with beans, rice, and oats?
you could get the wraps and then to add more carbs in it you put beans and/or rice in there too with your meat and have a burrito like meal. also there is nothing wrong with eating tuna or turkey without bread. i eat tuna from the can all the time, lol. and tuna taste really good, imo on top of oats with veggies and spices mixed in.