PDA

View Full Version : I need health, energy, women and a waistline.

nyg6622
07-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I am fat. And I need to lose weight. I have known this for the last 20 years but my weight never made me feel unathletic and unhealthy. I stopped playing football 4 years ago and it seems as if I am 50 years old. **** that. I need to get in shape. I have a cracked L4 and I have torn my pec 4 times since I was 20, so after I got done playing I got out of the weight room and put on about 40 pounds. I figure I need to lose those 40 and about 40 more. I also need to change my eating habits.

I don't really have pipe dreams of being thin. I really just want to get to a healthy weight, get the BP down a little, and I would like to see my belly button once again before I die. I saw it in a picture once when I was 5, so I know I have one. I really want to do a log because I have never really tracked my attempts at weight loss before. Also, I think this forum has a great deal of members with knowledge and ideas from their own experiences, so feel free to critique and make suggestions. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

8/1/2007:

6'0
318 lbs.

Gut: 50.5"
Butt: 51.5"
Thigh: 30"
Chest: 50"
Arm: 19"

I am going to follow a routine with lifts that I enjoy to do, and rep ranges that will challenge me. I think I am going to take it easy for a few weeks to see where I am at, and then I'm gonna hit it hard. God bless me and my attempt at running. That should be a sight.

Day #1
Incline Press 5x5
DB Bench (Pause) 4x8
Push-Up Variation 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x5
DB Row 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x15-20
Stadium Steps

Day #2
Power Clean 5,4,3,3,3,3
Clean Pulls 5x3
Squat 5x5
Step-Up 3x8
Leg Extension 2xFail
superset w/
Leg Curl 2xFail

Day #3
Off

Day #4
Military Press 5x5
Lateral Raise 3x8-12
Rear Delt Machine 3x8-12
Dips 4xFail
Close Grip Bench 4x6
Tricep Pushdown 3xFail
Stadium Steps

Day #5
Hang Clean 5x5
Deadlift 4x10
DB RDL 3x8
Leg Curl 4x6
Barbell Curl 5x5
Hammer Curl 3x10
Bicep Burnout 3xFail

Day #6
Cardio and Core

Day #7
OFF

For the diet I am going to do what I used to do in the summer time to lose a few before the season. Im gonna eat a lot of meat, fruits, and veggies. I am going to try and see how I do without a lot of carbs because my body seemed to react pretty good to this in the past.

Sample Day
#1: 6 jumbo eggs (3 yolks)
Fruit (Berries or an Apple)
Fish Oil
Greens Plus
#2: Metabolic Drive 2 Scoops
Fruit
CLA/Green Tea Pill
#3: Lean Meat(Chicken, Tuna, 96/4 ground beef, turkey breast)
Veggie (Brocolli, Caul, Green Beans, Spinach)
Fish Oil
CLA/Green Tea Pill
#4: Pre Work-Out
1 Scoop of Whey
BCAA's
5g Creatine
10g Glutamine
Animal Pak
#5: Post-Workout
2 Scoops of Whey
BCAA's
5g Creatine
20g Glutamine
#6: Steak or Ground Beef
Veggies
Healthy fat source if meat is real lean (Olive Oil added to Veggies)
Fish Oil
#7: Metabolic Drive 1.5 Scoops
Walnuts, Almonds, or Peanut Butter
Glutamine if needed

If I need to fuel my workouts more and my recovery sucks I am going to add carbs pre and post but I do not think I am going to be lifting real heavy these first couple of weeks so I do not think this will be a problem as long as my calories are adequate. I love milk, so i am sure sooner or later that will enter my post workout shakes and pre bed meal. I am gonna stick with this model for at least a couple weeks and see how it goes.

Also, I love beer. There is no way Im not gonna drink it if I want to. I have been known to down a few 4 to 5 times a month. If I can get that down to twice a month I will consider myself awesome.

Good luck to all and I am already extremely sad that I have to run tommorow. At least I get to lift.

cal62887
07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Well to save you some money, i would stick to only 5grms of creatine a day...no need for 10. You've come to the right place if you want to lose weight, this will make you stick to it...atleast that's the idea. Good luck with the progress, i'll subscribe to your thread so you'll know i'll be reading daily and i expect progress....

Goodluck tomorrow.

FrostFox
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Don't sound so negative, otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

Aim to lose about ~1.5 pounds a week (you can lose more, but it will affect your sanity (i.e. velocity diet)). It will take about a year to get to your target weight but you will be feeling better all the time.

Here is the body space of a guy who lost 400 pounds...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?ppuser=383958&cat=500

Cardio sucks, I probably hate it as much as the next guy, but it's the way to lose weight. Losing weight the healthy way is not through starving, but through burning more calories with a decent amount of calories.

Good luck, I'll be watching your progress!

Hotmoltenlava
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I am fat........I don't really have pipe dreams of being thin.

Congrats on taking the big leap. 10 months ago, I was 295lbs and 35% body fat. I am now 258lbs and 19% body fat, on my way to 10% body fat.

Don't sell yourself short, with your quote above. You can do anything you want to do. It's obvious that you have the knowledge and the will power. Now you just need to spend the time. It'll take you 12 months, so don't start thinking you will drop 10 pounds a week and be done in 2 months. Look long term and stick around. Post daily....even if you screw up and drink a case a beer and two pizzas. You'll have bad and good days, but if you have 90% good days, you will kick ass!

Have a good one.

nyg6622
08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Well to save you some money, i would stick to only 5grms of creatine a day...no need for 10. You've come to the right place if you want to lose weight, this will make you stick to it...atleast that's the idea. Good luck with the progress, i'll subscribe to your thread so you'll know i'll be reading daily and i expect progress....

Goodluck tomorrow.

I have read countless studies that agree with you on the 5 grams. I have experimented quite a bit with creatine and for whatever reason during caloric deficit I seem to feel better when I take it pre and post workout. I am sure this is probably a placebo due to the high amount I get from animal proteins but I have felt benefit in the past.

Thanks for the support and you seem to be doing great.

nyg6622
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Don't sound so negative, otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

Aim to lose about ~1.5 pounds a week (you can lose more, but it will affect your sanity (i.e. velocity diet)). It will take about a year to get to your target weight but you will be feeling better all the time.

Here is the body space of a guy who lost 400 pounds...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?ppuser=383958&cat=500

Cardio sucks, I probably hate it as much as the next guy, but it's the way to lose weight. Losing weight the healthy way is not through starving, but through burning more calories with a decent amount of calories.

Good luck, I'll be watching your progress!

You are right, I do sound like a mope in my post. I am not as negative as it would seem but I hate running enough that it brings out the worst in me. I did my first run last night. I dropped F-Bombs thinking about it all day and then when it came time do it I got it done.

I think you hit the nail on the head with sanity. I am an all or nothing type and I am aiming for slow and steady and an actual lifestyle change. Not just a 2 month all or nothing and then a circuit trip to all the fast food joints within a ten mile drive. I appreciate the advice. We can hate cardio together.

nyg6622
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats on taking the big leap. 10 months ago, I was 295lbs and 35% body fat. I am now 258lbs and 19% body fat, on my way to 10% body fat.

Don't sell yourself short, with your quote above. You can do anything you want to do. It's obvious that you have the knowledge and the will power. Now you just need to spend the time. It'll take you 12 months, so don't start thinking you will drop 10 pounds a week and be done in 2 months. Look long term and stick around. Post daily....even if you screw up and drink a case a beer and two pizzas. You'll have bad and good days, but if you have 90% good days, you will kick ass!

Have a good one.

You progress is great and I admire you commitment. Thanks for the advice and I am sure I will have a few beer binges to report. I need some patience and I am hoping this log will help with that.

I wish you continued success.

nyg6622
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Well Day 1 went as expected. I did not post on wednesday night because I was frickin exhausted and now it is 12:30 AM friday so I need to get to bed soon.

Day 1 was tits. I was pretty excited in the weight room because I tried the shortest rest periods I have ever taken. 90 seconds between every set compared to 120-180 seconds. It was a big difference and my heart rate was pumpin.

Incline 5x185 5x225 5x235 5x245 5x245
DB Bench (Pause) 8x75x4
Elevated Push-Up 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x135 5x185x4
DB Lat Row 8x75x4
Lat Pulldown 16x130x3

My strength is OK. I have not touched a weight in almost 2 months and have been pretty half assed for the last 4 years so I am pleased. I wanna hit 245 on incline for all 5 sets next week. We shall see.

The run after weights was a tragedy, but I knew going into it that I was gonna feel like balls. And I did. I did the stadium stairs eight times in 17-20 seconds...took 45 seconds in between each rep. My goal is to do 15 in 15 seconds with 45 seconds rest by 10/1.

Diet for the day was pretty much what I posted.

Day 2

Not too good today. My legs were sore and my shoulders were tight so I knew olympic work and squats would be unproductive. I took a recovery run for 10 minutes and stretched. I am gonna pick up tommorow and hit the cleans and squats light. This is always my problem when I start up because I have two stress fractures in my L4 and I go too heavy. Im gonna strenghthen up the core as I work my way up to ensure I do not gain too much too fast. Also, the shortened rest periods should prevent me from jumping up in weight too fast. Im psyched for tommorow.

Diet was great again today. I lowered the calories a bit and cut the fruit because I woke up knowing there was no chance in hell of a workout.

On a lighter note...I do not know what camel piss tastes like but Im sure greens plus is pretty close.

cawiau
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
good to see you are still at it! :)

Don't worry, tomorow is another day and you will get it right!
Just keep on kicking ass :D

IceDragon
08-03-2007, 05:25 AM
Come on nyg, you can do this, mate! :D

I'm speaking from experience - 3 years ago, I was 236 pounds and 39.4% body fat and right now I'm not even looking at the scales but about 19% body fat.

It CAN be done, and the only one who can get you there is you. Keep your chin up and work your arse off, you'll do it.

nyg6622
08-04-2007, 12:16 AM
The diet went well again today. I had my traditional pound of red meat after my leg workout. It was delicious. 96/4 ground beef may be the greatest thing ever. My energy has been quite good so I will continue the nutrition plan as posted until I need more carbs pre and post for recovery.

The weight training went well today. I am out of shape and my legs are gonna let me know about it tommorow.

Power Clean 5x135 5x135 4x155 3x175 3x195 3x215 3x215
Clean Pulls 3x215x5
Squat 5x225 5x275x4
Step Up 8x40x3
Leg Extension super w/ Hamstring Curl 2x90xFail

I am shooting for 285 5x5 next week on the squat.

cawiau
08-04-2007, 12:24 AM
looking good bro, keep at it ;)

cal62887
08-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Out of curiosity, do you know how many calories you're taking in?

nyg6622
08-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Out of curiosity, do you know how many calories you're taking in?

I have been consuming 3,000 on non-workout days and 3500 on workout days. Usually I will consume anywhere from 200-500 more on olympic and leg days depending on how hard the workout is. I need to get an official body fat test done but I was clipped at 18% @ 265 4 years ago so I am guessing off of how I looked then.

The diet I follow is really a result of trial and error from my playing days. Basically it is always the same but pre workout, post workout, and post post workout will vary based on my needs. Once I get into heavier weights I will take in 4500 on lower body days and only 3000 on off days. It is a big range but I have found for recovery this is what I need. My caloirc intake should not go down very much as I lose weight because the calculation is off of LBM so I usually stay close. If I add more carbs in at some point I will have to become a lot more strict because on pro/fat diets I have a much easier time staying full and eating based on hunger and energy output. All the metabolic typing that I have done and my blood type suggest that I would thrive on protein/fat based diets so I know what my optimal diet is I just have chosen not to follow it. I wish I didn't love beer.

I am also keeping measurements so I will use these to make adjustments based on weekly weight loss. I am weighing in tommorow at the 1 week point but I will not get a very good measurement because I am sure I lost 6-8 pounds of water/glyc this past week. We shall see.

nyg6622
08-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Come on nyg, you can do this, mate! :D

I'm speaking from experience - 3 years ago, I was 236 pounds and 39.4% body fat and right now I'm not even looking at the scales but about 19% body fat.

It CAN be done, and the only one who can get you there is you. Keep your chin up and work your arse off, you'll do it.

Impressive job dragon. I am not big on scales either. I really dont wanna be thin I wanna be ****in jacked. Keep up the good work.

nyg6622
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
looking good bro, keep at it ;)

Thank for the support. I read through your thread and you seem to be making progress and staying motivated. Keep it up.

nyg6622
08-07-2007, 05:58 AM
I had a big weekend and did not get around to posting. I will try to stay more consistent with this log. I had a great time though. I did not stray from the diet except for a lot of beer on satruday night. It happens. My workouts were quick and I forget the weight I used so I am gonna start writing them down because I do wanna track my progress. Anyway, worked out this morning and I suprised myself. Muscle memory is pretty rad.

Incline 5x245 5x255 5x265 5x275 5x275
DB Bench 8x85x4
Elevated Push Up 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x195x5
DB Lat Row 8x85x4
Lat Pulldown 130-115-100 Drop set

Workout was good and I am suprised I was able to do the weights I did. Felt real good. I still have to run tonight. Great. I am gonna do the stairs 10 times and I hope I do not pass out.

nyg6622
08-08-2007, 08:15 AM
My run last night was awful. I did 10 reps on the stairs and my legs were shaking afterward. It looked like I was doing some type of a dance move. I am gonna have to work real hard to get 15 reps in 15 seconds by october. The weigh in went as expected. I was 310 which is down 8 pounds. I think I should be done shedding water and glyc so I should get an accurate weigh in next week to gauge my weekly loss and any need to adjust calories.

I might put my leg workout off a day and run tonight instead. It all depends on how I feel. I am 1 day ahead of schedule right now anyway with the workouts. Im gonna eat some red meat and see how I feel.

My goals for next week are consistent intense workouts, 12 stairs, and a 3 pound loss. I am also gonna retake my measurements next wednesday.

cal62887
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I had a big weekend and did not get around to posting. I will try to stay more consistent with this log. I had a great time though. I did not stray from the diet except for a lot of beer on satruday night. It happens. My workouts were quick and I forget the weight I used so I am gonna start writing them down because I do wanna track my progress. Anyway, worked out this morning and I suprised myself. Muscle memory is pretty rad.

Incline 5x245 5x255 5x265 5x275 5x275
DB Bench 8x85x4
Elevated Push Up 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x195x5
DB Lat Row 8x85x4
Lat Pulldown 130-115-100 Drop set

Workout was good and I am suprised I was able to do the weights I did. Felt real good. I still have to run tonight. Great. I am gonna do the stairs 10 times and I hope I do not pass out.

impressive weight and i bet those elevated pushups weren't an easy task considering you started with incline presses

My run last night was awful. I did 10 reps on the stairs and my legs were shaking afterward. It looked like I was doing some type of a dance move. I am gonna have to work real hard to get 15 reps in 15 seconds by october. The weigh in went as expected. I was 310 which is down 8 pounds. I think I should be done shedding water and glyc so I should get an accurate weigh in next week to gauge my weekly loss and any need to adjust calories.

I might put my leg workout off a day and run tonight instead. It all depends on how I feel. I am 1 day ahead of schedule right now anyway with the workouts. Im gonna eat some red meat and see how I feel.

My goals for next week are consistent intense workouts, 12 stairs, and a 3 pound loss. I am also gonna retake my measurements next wednesday.

Nice work but remember that weight isn't the end-all of your progress....BF% and the mirror will be your best gauges.

it also looks like you know your body well considering your analysis of your diet....good work so far. So will we get any before and after pictures by the end of your endeavor?

SoulBurn18
08-08-2007, 01:17 PM
nyg6622,

Good luck bro, I'm in the same boat you are, but am making good progress. Stick to your diet/training and you'll get where you want to be.

skuZZitude
08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
If you were 18% body fat at 265lbs, that means you had around 217lbs of LBM. And by gaining 40lbs, you probably actually gained some muscle in the process... it's easy to maintain muscle when gaining weight. So assuming you are at 225lbs of LBM right now, you've got a lot of muscle on your body... so your calorie intake looks good. You will burn the fat off really easy and within a week your muscles will be back in action. One of my motivations for working out in the gym steady and never taking more than 3 days off is to avoid muscle soreness and losing my gains. It sucks. Good luck

nyg6622
08-08-2007, 06:39 PM
impressive weight and i bet those elevated pushups weren't an easy task considering you started with incline presses

Nice work but remember that weight isn't the end-all of your progress....BF% and the mirror will be your best gauges.

it also looks like you know your body well considering your analysis of your diet....good work so far. So will we get any before and after pictures by the end of your endeavor?

I agree with the BF% and mirror being my best gauges. I really should get clipped soon but until then I am going to monitor measurements and weight loss. As far as the pictures go, I have 318 lbs of fat in my camera phone right now. I do not know how to upload them and I should probably buy a digital camera. But yes, I do plan on taking pictures monthly and between now and september 1st i will learn how to put them on a computer.

Thanks for you input and suggestions, how is everything going with your workouts?

nyg6622
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
nyg6622,

Good luck bro, I'm in the same boat you are, but am making good progress. Stick to your diet/training and you'll get where you want to be.

Thanks Soul...good luck to you too.

SoulBurn18
08-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with the BF% and mirror being my best gauges. I really should get clipped soon but until then I am going to monitor measurements and weight loss. As far as the pictures go, I have 318 lbs of fat in my camera phone right now. I do not know how to upload them and I should probably buy a digital camera. But yes, I do plan on taking pictures monthly and between now and september 1st i will learn how to put them on a computer.

Thanks for you input and suggestions, how is everything going with your workouts?

That's what I do. I pay attention to the mirror and how my clothes fit. That's the best way to keep track of your progress IMO. And Thanks.

nyg6622
08-08-2007, 06:52 PM
If you were 18% body fat at 265lbs, that means you had around 217lbs of LBM. And by gaining 40lbs, you probably actually gained some muscle in the process... it's easy to maintain muscle when gaining weight. So assuming you are at 225lbs of LBM right now, you've got a lot of muscle on your body... so your calorie intake looks good. You will burn the fat off really easy and within a week your muscles will be back in action. One of my motivations for working out in the gym steady and never taking more than 3 days off is to avoid muscle soreness and losing my gains. It sucks. Good luck

Skuzz...I saw your progress pictures and good lord you have done some impressive fat burnin. Congrats on your gains and keep it up. Im frickin inspired.

I had myself estimated around 220 lbs of LBM but I am not exactly sure. Last week I had gained 53 pounds since then and I know just about all of it was stored energy. I know I do not have as much muscle in my legs and glutes as I did back then but I had lifted on and off enough since then to maintain in the upper body. Anyway, my goal is to get strong and healthy and I am sure if I can adapt these habits to my life the fat should come off.

Keep up the good work.

nyg6622
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Olympic/Legs

Power Cleans 5x185 4x205 3x225x4
Clean Pulls 3x225x5
Squats 5x285 5x295 5x305 5x315 5x325
Step Up 8x50x3
Leg Extensions and Ham Curls...sometimes you just dont need them

I am happy with the workout tonight. I need to slow it down on squats because I know I am not strong enough in the core yet to support a lot more weight with my cracked L4.

I am going to eat a pound of red meat and a bag spinach. Then I am going to sleep like I have never slept before.

Use Your Illusion 2 is never a bad decision on leg day.

FrostFox
08-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Keep it up, you're doing great! *repped*

SoulBurn18
08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Hell yeah, it just takes discipline and dedication and you'll definitely reach your goals.

cal62887
08-09-2007, 11:57 AM

if you have verizon you can go to mypixplace to upload photos and such (other carriers may have similar features)...

my training is going well and i'm up about 2 pounds from last week and its pretty lean muscles so i'm happy with that...

keep up the good work

nyg6622
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Cal-I have AT&T but I am sure there is a way to do it. I am going to try and buy a digital camera and hopefully there will be instructions.

Good work on the lean gains.

Soul and Fox- thanks for the feedback...keep at it.

nyg6622
08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I was supposed to take the day off but fock it.

Shoulders/Tri

Military Press 5x185 5x195 5x195 5x205 5x205
DB Lat Raise 12x25x3
Rear Delt Machine 12x100x3
Dips 5,6,6,4 gonna need a little work
Close Grip Bench 5x225x5
Pushdown 20x70 15x80

I am gonna run stairs tommorow and lift on saturday to give my legs a little more time off after the squats on wednesday.

I'm runnin 12 tommorow...and then 5 100's...because I need to build some work capacity if im gonna reach the goal I set for myself.

Hope everyone is doing well. Humid as hell. I need more water.

nyg6622
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Incline 5x275x5
DB Bench 8x95 6x95x3
Elevated Push-Up 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x205x5
DB Lat Row 8x95x4

I was completely drained after this lift. I am happy that my strength is goin up but I could not believe how tired I felt. I do not know if it was because I had a long sleepless weekend or if I just got a great workout in. I guess we will see when I run today. I woke up this morning and my chest felt more obliterated than I think it has ever felt. I am hoping to have a great run tonight and then I will do my olympic work and legs tommorow. I hope everyone is doing well.

SoulBurn18
08-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Incline 5x275x5
DB Bench 8x95 6x95x3
Elevated Push-Up 3xFail
Barbell Row 5x205x5
DB Lat Row 8x95x4

I was completely drained after this lift. I am happy that my strength is goin up but I could not believe how tired I felt. I do not know if it was because I had a long sleepless weekend or if I just got a great workout in. I guess we will see when I run today. I woke up this morning and my chest felt more obliterated than I think it has ever felt. I am hoping to have a great run tonight and then I will do my olympic work and legs tommorow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Awesome, great work. Keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be in no time.

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 11:22 AM
good job so far bro, keep it up i know its not easy, ohhh its not easy at all but we can do it...just when you get down for a sec think of everything you will be able to achieve when you reach your target and how you and people around you will react to the change....all the hard work is worth it so keep movig and dont look back

nyg6622
08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I am gonna need a little more dedication to reach my running goal. I went hard on the stairs tonight, trying to run them in 16 seconds, and I could not do more than 8. I got the first 3 in 16 and after that 17-18. I am actually pissed about it so that is a good sign because usually I could care less about my cardio abilities. I am sure my heart is real happy about that. I ran some 100's after the stairs as I am still trying to build up the work capacity.

I am gonna weigh in tommorow and I suspect the weekend somewhat halted my weight loss but we shall see. As long as I plug away these next couple of weeks I am going to be able to get to a much more balanced schedule and have less time to drink beer. Which once again I am sure my heart is happy to hear.

I am currently working on a fitness evaluation for Mid December. It is going to consist of a power clean max, squat for reps, deadlift max, military press for reps, incline max, dips for reps, core hold, pull-ups, and two run evaluations. I am thinking of shooting for a specific sprint speed and a hiit type of endurance test. I am going to include a weight goal but I am not too concerned about the weight. If I am eating helthy, and not just convincing myself I am, i will be at a lower body fat level at this time than any type of half assed lifting program with low calories would ever allow me to achieve.

I am going to create a training program to achieve these goals. I will start this program on Sept 1st when I have a month under my belt and will probably start to level out on the gains I am currently experiencing due to my long break. I am going to evaluate my numbers on september 1st, but right now the projections are as follows for Mid December:

Test Day #1
Incline---350
Pull-Ups--5 (sad, i know)
Core Hold--90 seconds...straight plank

Test Day #2
Dips for Reps---20
Sprint Test---40 yard dash...I have no idea what I am running...but it is awful
I will determine this one at a later date.

Test Day #3
Squat for Reps---405xMax...6-10 we shall see

Day #4 Recovery

Day #5
Power Clean Max---300
Military Press for reps---250xMax...6-10
Endurance Run Test

Day #6 Recovery

Day #7
Deadlift Max---500

SoulBurn18
08-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Just keep at it and don't give up. I'm going to have to push myself a little harder to get the cardio in that I need as well. But I'll get there.

nyg6622
08-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I had a good workout tonight and I feel like I am getting some speed back in the olympic work.

I weighed in at 308 so that is down 2 more pounds.

Power Clean 5x185 4x225 3x230x4
Clean Pulls 3x230x5
Squat 5x295 5x305 5x315 5x325 5x335
Step-Up 8x50x3

I was completely shot after this workout.

The diet has been going well except I am not very strict on the weekends. I am probably going to add some carbs pre and post workout and cut out carbs at all other times in the next couple of weeks. I think I will stick with berries in the morning because they have health benefits and this is about being healthy. If i stopped drinking beer, I think I would be all set.

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you for all the support. Keep at it.

FrostFox
08-16-2007, 01:54 AM
No kidding you are shot after that workout... 3x4x230 power cleans? I can hardly pick that up off the ground.

The weekends are tough. Pick a day to make it a cheat day, but don't go above your maintenance calories that day. :)

SoulBurn18
08-16-2007, 05:24 AM
I had a good workout tonight and I feel like I am getting some speed back in the olympic work.

I weighed in at 308 so that is down 2 more pounds.

Power Clean 5x185 4x225 3x230x4
Clean Pulls 3x230x5
Squat 5x295 5x305 5x315 5x325 5x335
Step-Up 8x50x3

I was completely shot after this workout.

The diet has been going well except I am not very strict on the weekends. I am probably going to add some carbs pre and post workout and cut out carbs at all other times in the next couple of weeks. I think I will stick with berries in the morning because they have health benefits and this is about being healthy. If i stopped drinking beer, I think I would be all set.

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you for all the support. Keep at it.

You should have a cheat day or at least a cheat meal every week, it helps keep you from going insane. My cheat day or cheat meal varies depending on what I have going for that week and what everybody else is going and when they decide to do it.

As long as you get right back into your training/diet routine, I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional splurging every now and then.

nyg6622
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I felt strong today and felt like switching it up a little bit so I went real heavy. I was happy with this workout.

Military Press 5x185 5x225 5x235 4x235
Lateral Raise 3 sets w/ 30 lbs DB's to failure
Rear Delt Machine 12x115x3
Close Grip Bench 5x225 5x245 5x265 5x285 3x315
Single Med Ball Push-Ups 3xFail
Single Arm DB Overhead Ext. 8x30x3

I think my strength is back in my pressing movement. Definitely not back yet in pulling movements or lower body.

My diet has been consistent and I am starting to fit into my shorts better. I actually think my chest may almost be sticking out further than my gut for the first time in a while. I still look like I swallowed a basketball though.

I really upped my calories today 3 hours before my workout w/ some red meat, fish oil, veggies, and fruit. I also had a amino meal 1 hour before, followed by whey and aminos 30 minutes before. I do not know if this had to do with the strong day but I am going to keep this the same as long as it doesn't stop my fat loss. I figured the macros for my meal and they were:

3 Hours Before
Protein: 72 g
Carbs: 30g (8g of fiber)
Fat: 20g

1 Hour Before
10g Amino

30 Minutes Before
10g Amino
20g Whey Protein
5g Creatine
15g Glutamine
Animal Pak

I have never really done this type of "heavy eating" prior to a workout while on this plan. i always seemed to do horrible with a heavy carb meal (oatmeal, rice, pasta) when i was training heavy quite regulary back in the day. I usually only eat about 40g of protein and 20g of fat w/ some veggies pre-workout at about 2 hours out. I knew I would have to eat a little earlier than before so I upped the cals. Suprisingly, I responded well today with the increase in fruit and veggies. Red meat always produces a strong day. I am also reading quite a bit about amino's and I will continue to experiment with them. I do not want to get too excited but I hope these results continue with this workout nutrition. If not...I will experiment again.

nyg6622
08-17-2007, 05:04 PM
No kidding you are shot after that workout... 3x4x230 power cleans? I can hardly pick that up off the ground.

The weekends are tough. Pick a day to make it a cheat day, but don't go above your maintenance calories that day. :)

I am going to have to work on the weekend cheats. I have been having a little too much fun but I think it should stop fairly soon. I have had a lot of fun things to do and I am not one to shy away from a good time.

I do need to get serious though. Thanks for the support and keep up the hard work.

nyg6622
08-17-2007, 05:06 PM
You should have a cheat day or at least a cheat meal every week, it helps keep you from going insane. My cheat day or cheat meal varies depending on what I have going for that week and what everybody else is going and when they decide to do it.

As long as you get right back into your training/diet routine, I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional splurging every now and then.

I am not really worrying about the splurging because I do not regreat having a great time when it is available. It is somewhat weird because I really don't just eat to eat anymore but I have always been one to go hard or go home when it comes to weekend bbq's, trips to the bar, etc.

All or nothing personality needs to go.