PDA

View Full Version : Which would be more detrimental?

weak_17
01-16-2005, 04:48 AM
I guess this just squeezes into the nutrition.

What would be more detrimental to fitness, and overall health & wellbeing:

Getting stoned once a week (Marijuana)

OR

Getting drunk once a week (Alcohol)

Thanks for the answer guys.

BluSilver
01-16-2005, 04:51 AM
What kind os question is that? WTF man don't do either.

uhockey
01-16-2005, 05:10 AM
As someone who never partakes in either but knows a number of people who have/do, I would say aside from the legal issues (marijuana being ILLEGAL,) you would be better off "getting stoned" than "getting drunk."

While neither is good for you in excess or in the long run, alcohol contains many more empty calories and is actually a more addictive substance. In addition, when people smoke marijuana they tend to feel more laid back and it has a nootropic relaxing effect. When people get drunk their reaction depends much more heavily on social situation and you are more likely to become violent or do something stupid like go out driving.

Note, bodybuilding or not I would STRONGLY recommend against doing either, but as I'm sure my opinion is of little value to someone who is willing to treat their body in such a way...........those are my thoughts.

dim3z
01-16-2005, 06:01 AM
uhockey and blusilver both got it totally right but alcohol in terms of effect on ure body is far worse, alcohol slows protein synthesis, destroys muscle, ****s with ure testosterone production, upregulates estrogen production and is just plain awful to use if ure muscles mean nethin to u.

Kurz
01-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Empty calories are ALWAYS more detrimental............ME? I'd rather have a glass or 2 of wine on the weekends with a nice dinner of pasta and shrimp.......

Arkadyevna
01-16-2005, 08:54 AM
uhockey hit it on the nose, but just be aware that smoking dope may well lead to bouts of "the munchies", and when you're ready to devour everything in sight you're likely to clock up quite a few empty calories!

If you can avoid that then I'd say marijuana was your better option, though it's not going to do your lungs an awful lot of good and may affect your aerobic fitness if you do it regularly.

strong_safety21
01-17-2005, 12:43 PM
me, doing both, would have to say getting drunk is worse. my budies from football would have to say that they would rather get drunk. i personally love the high from pot. another good feature is that with alcohal your suffer from hang overs. with pot, you just may fall asleep or get"munchies", which i help use for bulking.

Haywood Jablome
01-17-2005, 12:53 PM
10 years ago when I smoked the **** on a regular basis, one of the side effects was is jacked up by resting heartrate, a lot. I was one skinny SOB until I quit it and started lifting seriously. It made me weak as hell the day after in the gym too.

delta9
01-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Once you become an advanced stoner you will no longer experience the munchies unless you are hungry and smoke indica bud, you will also begin to experience the relaxing benefits to a new level that the newbies don't experience. There's two types of bud you can smoke and a mix of both.
1. Indica is more of a body high which gives you the munchies, makes you super lazy/weak, relax stuck to the couch feeling, then sleep peacefully.
2. Sativa is what gives you the head high which makes you hyper, talkative, creative, very energetic.
3. The third is a mix of both maybe like a 50/50 or something like that.

What you can do is vaporize ANY type of bud and get more THC (SATIVA) out of it instead of burning it with your lighter then if u wish you can smoke the vaporize bud to get the body high. Google vaporizing so you'll know what to do. Or check out the 420 lounge at www.marijuana.com ALSO when you use a pipe or a bong make sure the FIRE is not touching the bud as your hit it, your just burning more thc that way.

I HATE ALL YOU NEWBIE STONERS SAYING IT MAKES YOU WEAK, WHAT'S WEAK IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!

One more thing, smoking by yourself is DIFFERENT from smoking with your friends. Smoking alone to me is much better because I can do creative things or meditate to a new level. With friends all you do is laugh at stuff and act retarded, which is also cool.

A-man
01-17-2005, 01:58 PM
avoid both, they are both garbage for you

delta9
01-17-2005, 02:32 PM
avoid both, they are both garbage for you

Cannabis is not garbage.

musclegto
04-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Cannabis is not garbage.

what delta 9 said

JKnockawitz
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM
This ^

xokandykissesxox
04-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Once you become an advanced stoner you will no longer experience the munchies unless you are hungry and smoke indica bud, you will also begin to experience the relaxing benefits to a new level that the newbies don't experience. There's two types of bud you can smoke and a mix of both.
1. Indica is more of a body high which gives you the munchies, makes you super lazy/weak, relax stuck to the couch feeling, then sleep peacefully.
2. Sativa is what gives you the head high which makes you hyper, talkative, creative, very energetic.
3. The third is a mix of both maybe like a 50/50 or something like that.

What you can do is vaporize ANY type of bud and get more THC (SATIVA) out of it instead of burning it with your lighter then if u wish you can smoke the vaporize bud to get the body high. Google vaporizing so you'll know what to do. Or check out the 420 lounge at www.marijuana.com ALSO when you use a pipe or a bong make sure the FIRE is not touching the bud as your hit it, your just burning more thc that way.

I HATE ALL YOU NEWBIE STONERS SAYING IT MAKES YOU WEAK, WHAT'S WEAK IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!

One more thing, smoking by yourself is DIFFERENT from smoking with your friends. Smoking alone to me is much better because I can do creative things or meditate to a new level. With friends all you do is laugh at stuff and act retarded, which is also cool.

This was great

JDkeystone
04-29-2010, 09:38 PM
lol strong bump

ZenBrah
04-29-2010, 11:25 PM
On a bulk, i do pot.

On a cut, I do coke.

Marbleshade
04-30-2010, 12:11 AM
what delta 9 said

Thanks for bumping a 5 year old thread to tell us what you think.