PDA

View Full Version : Stretch mark

daemonjs
01-16-2005, 03:11 AM
hi guys, i got a problem, u see, since started bodybuilding, and diet all stuff, i got these Stretch mark both on my shoulders and glutes. i ask one of the guy in the gym, they say i got these Stretch mark on my shouders because i'm losing size, i'm shrinking. is that true? or theres another reason....or are they celulite?

thanks in advance

MaxPunishment
01-16-2005, 03:22 AM
First of all, wrong section...

But no, you do not get stretch marks from shrinking in size, it's actually the exact opposite. Stretch marks are created when what's under the skin (whether it be fat or muscle) is growing at a faster rate than the skin is and the skin has to "stretch" in order to cover this new growth. Some people get them, some don't, it's all genetics. Although you can't get rid of them without surgery, they will eventually fade away.

daemonjs
01-16-2005, 03:27 AM
oh sorry about that...heheh.....so is that mean i'm getting bigger so thats why i'm getting these Stretch mark?

MaxPunishment
01-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah, exactly. I have several of them myself on my shoulders from gaining 30 lbs of muscle over the summer and they're pretty nasty. Alot of people talk about using creams and stuff like that, but I've heard they don't work well and have never tried them.

daemonjs
01-16-2005, 04:04 AM
thanks for the prompt reply :), yeah, i'm having trouble as well, its kind of annoyed since i got these Stretch mark, people think i might having skin problem.

daemonjs
01-16-2005, 04:26 AM
thanks for the prompt reply :), yeah, i'm having trouble as well, its kind of annoyed since i got these Stretch mark, people think i might having skin problem.