PDA

View Full Version : Water....newbie question

boxerdaddy
07-30-2007, 03:54 PM
So I'm not used to drinking this much water. Is it okay to add things to the water, such as crystal light...etc? Or should I just stick to plain water? I'd like to add Kool-aid....but I'm pretty sure that's not going to help at all. :D

And does carbonated water count? I currently drink a lot of diet soda at work.

Stef_01
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Crystal light is just fine.

dbx
07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Crystal light is just fine.

Agreed^.

And you should try to embrace water as your primary source of liquid intake. Believe me, I HATED drinking just water. But after forcing myself for about 2wks, it became normal. I basically quit drinking soda 7yrs ago. But yeah, I have an occasional glass of diet Dr. Pepper at dinner :).

Jaks
07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
A lot of diet sodas contain caffeine, which is a diuretic. I understand the flavour issue, but stuff like that is actually a step backwards rather than forwards.

The Solution
07-30-2007, 04:40 PM
try to avoid pop period.. regardless if its diet.. have in moderation or so.. maybe once a week just try to get used to water.. its so much more benefical to the body then the caffiner or anything else ull spike ur drink with

if u do take ur pop.. drink it not near when u go to bed so the caffine doesnt interfere with sleep! body builders most important time to let our muscles grow

boxerdaddy
07-31-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't know about the effects of caffeine. I think I'll just switch to water then and maybe an occasional crystal light. I just started last night with my first workout. I have been peeing like crazy with all this water but i somehow dropped 7 pounds in one day(after dinner before workout to first thing this morning). I know thats not going to continue and that I'll proabably go up but wow. I stepped on the scale 3 times to make sure. And I can barely move my arms. :D

PadreC
07-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Crystal light makes me pee more than just plain water. Nothing wrong with that just an observation.

-Padre

outragedlyricz@gmail.com
07-31-2007, 04:19 PM
i love my crystal light and coke zero i drink bout half a gallon a day of crystal light and rest just water id rather just water but life needs taste especially on these diets