PDA

View Full Version : Low Bloodsugar

BruceLee_is God
01-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Lately in the gym I've not been able to put out full effort due to a feeling of light headedness. My lifts have suffered, and I am not feeling as much burn as I used to. When I first get to the gym I have a ton of energy and everything is great. But after about a half hour, my head starts to spin and I can't finish my workout. Any help on this matter would be much appreciation as I am aware it is most likely a nutrition problem, but not completly sure if it's caused by low bloodsugar.

BruceLee_is God
01-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Anyone?

RipStone
01-13-2005, 05:38 PM
What is your pre-workout nutrition?

BruceLee_is God
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
What is your pre-workout nutrition?

Oatmeal, protein shake, and an apple. I do my weightlifting in the morning before school. Sometimes green tea.

LiL_JaY
01-13-2005, 10:34 PM
OH, so thats where its from, iv been getting it every workout lately. i get this extremly bad on leg days, and it makes me vomit.

and since were on the topic, my pre workout is
1cup rolled oats
400ml milk
1 banana
half scoop whey
50g tuna

how can i stop this

BruceLee_is God
01-14-2005, 12:31 AM
You are having the same problem? Good to know I am not alone... but I need to fix it so I can get back to lifting hard and heavy!

LiL_JaY
01-14-2005, 02:34 AM
how do u know its low blood level, i get this extremely bad on leg days, i almost passed out, but i vomited instead

RipStone
01-14-2005, 06:08 AM
You are having a good meal before you eat so I doubt that you are getting a low blood sugar. If you are not already, try to have your pre-wo meal 60-90minutes before lifting.

MCconditioner
01-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Bring something to eat to the gym, preferably something that digest quickly.

BruceLee_is God
01-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Bring something to eat to the gym, preferably something that digest quickly.

What would you suggest I bring to the gym?

urb
01-14-2005, 03:13 PM

maybe this is a result of having a heavy meal before working out?

try having a lighter meal, with some easily digestible carbs an hour before your workout if you can. Try something like some rice krispies...

The reason is that you may be diverting lots of blood to your stomach to digest the large meal you are eating before, and then causing light headedness.

RipStone
01-14-2005, 05:14 PM

Maybe mix up your PWO shake and sip half it while you are lifting and the other half when you are done.

LiL_JaY
01-14-2005, 07:15 PM
HEY, my leg workout was reallly good today, maybe i never ate any sugar. the only sugar i took a day was 20g dextrose and off days i took nothing, maybe it was from yesterday when i took 50g dextrose, and made me feel better today.

RipStone
01-14-2005, 08:25 PM
HEY, my leg workout was reallly good today, maybe i never ate any sugar. the only sugar i took a day was 20g dextrose and off days i took nothing, maybe it was from yesterday when i took 50g dextrose, and made me feel better today.

Dude, you obviosuly do not know what a low blood sugar is. It has nothing to do with the amount of sugar one conumes in their diet. A low blood sugar is when one's blood glucose levels go below 70. If you know anyone who is a type 1 diabetic talk to them about it.