PDA

View Full Version : Yet another V-diet, Velocity Diet

Soleft
07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Armed with only dedication (and little knowledge) I will do the V-diet. I have never lifted weights before, but I have read Burn the fat, feed the muscle so that's pretty much all the knowledge I have.

Starting
Body Fat %: 20.1
BMI: 25.1
Weight in Kilos: 78.2

Nutrition
Off days
(10.2 x 172 + 879) x .50 = 1300 calories

Training Days
(10.2 x 172 + 879) x .60 = 1600 Calories

Wed / Sat / Sunday

5 Protein Shakes

4 servings of milled flax seeds, added evenly over several shakes

18 salmon oil capsules

Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday

5 Protein Shakes

1 serving of recovery supplement

No salmon capsules on this day.

tosca
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
if you have never lifted weights before i would highly suggest just following the principles in the Burn the fat, feed the muscle book. its got a lot of great info. starting the velocity diet and starting weight training for the first time will be an extreme shock to your body. plus, dont you want to grow? i say put in at least 6-8 weeks in the gym and then try your first cut with the velocity, (if that is the diet you really want to do.)

Soleft
07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Tosca I did lifts today, my god it was a shock, I couldn't use my arms for a few hours. Haha I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do my job after (I work in a pub washing dishes and preparing food). I was okay though. It's all good, I'll post my results in the morning, followed by my first day pics.

tosca
07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
good job on the weights...now go eat some solid food. save the velocity for later or not at all. there are many ways to kill the cat but running the cat over with your radio-flyer wagon is not very effective.

Soleft
07-31-2007, 02:09 AM
I can't stop Tosca, I'm testing dedication! I'll stop if I start puking, or if I feel like there is something seriously wrong with me.

Day 1 30th July 2007
Body Fat %: 19.3
BMI: 24.5
Weight in Kilos: 66.2
It's funny what water weight does to your results.

EXERCISE
Cardio
Bike riding: 30 mins
Washing Dishes: 4 hours

Gym
Dumbbell presses on flat bench - 12 Reps
Pec deck flyes - 12 Reps
Standing barbell military presses - 12 Reps
Tricep V-bar pushdowns - 12 Reps
Skullcrushers with EZ-bar - 12 Reps This one looked scary, so I gave it a miss
Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises - 12 Reps
Preacher curls with EZ-bar - 12 Reps
Seated dumbbell bicep curls - 12 Reps
Lat pulls - 12 Reps
Dumbbell rows - 12 Reps
Dumbbell shrugs - 12 Reps

Notes:
*I realise my results are not real.
*I have no Ephedrine stack, being delivered from America.
*Using a crappy electronic device I paid 5 quid for to measure BF and BMI.
*Had 4 cups of Coffee, probably need to buy some calcium tablets.
*With my energy so low, I'm very dependant on caffeine.
*Arms are sore.

Day 1 Pics

Dominikm
07-31-2007, 02:25 AM
Man, the v diet is taking the fat loss section by storm... wonder how long it will be for or if it's just a phase... It will still work, did for me.

Who else has completed it?

EazyE15
07-31-2007, 02:39 AM
Lol thats a lot of exercises in 1 session. And man way too many reps.

resixpromo
07-31-2007, 06:24 AM
I finished the V-diet back in April and loved the outcome and results I gained from the experience. As long as your determined stay serious on it, you will learn new things about yourself

Soleft
07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Posted Day 1 pics, edited my previous post.

I'm doing 2 sets of everything by the way, If I get to 12 reps, I just move up a weight. I never really made it to 12 of anything, but that's what I aim for.

-Aaron-
07-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Man, the v diet is taking the fat loss section by storm... wonder how long it will be for or if it's just a phase... It will still work, did for me.

Who else has completed it?

Yet, you and I are the only ones to finish a full 28 days. All that, when I have no will power, like you said.

Soleft
08-01-2007, 04:13 AM
Day 2 31st July 2007
Body Fat %: 18.7
BMI: 24
Weight in Kilos: 74.7

EXERCISE
Cardio
Washing Dishes: 10 hours

Gym
Leg presses 10-12
Leg extension machine 10-12
Seated hamstring curls 10-12
Face-down hamstring curls 10-12
Standing calf presses 10-12
Seated calf presses 12-15
Ab-machine of choice 10-12
Crunches

Notes:
*Arms are aching now.
*I probably burned over 3000 calories today, which is a problem I'm going to starve.
*Also on my day 1 stats I didn't drop to 66.2, but 76.2. It won't let me edit.

Day 2 Pics

jon4127
08-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Yet, you and I are the only ones to finish a full 28 days. All that, when I have no will power, like you said.

/cough

i finished a full velocity diet long ago

jon4127
08-01-2007, 04:21 AM
I finished the V-diet back in April and loved the outcome and results I gained from the experience. As long as your determined stay serious on it, you will learn new things about yourself

i could not agree more. it is hard mentally, if you can man up and stick with it the results are amazing. but you have to be determined, the velocity diet will be a great way to kick start your long term healthy lifestyle.

Settanta
08-01-2007, 04:21 AM
*Arms are aching now.
*I probably burned over 3000 calories today, which is a problem I'm going to starve.

Suck it up fathead! Enjoy the pain.

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 05:42 AM
/cough

Yep, you get credit as you did do the first one. You were the first to document it, since then I think I was the second to do a full v diet all the way and it was tough but the results were awsome!

And i'm still loosing weight, have not put it all back one. Do it right and you keep loosing, right back into a cutting diet after a phase off plan...

Wounder how many of the 20 ppl with logd will finish it and suck it up...

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Armed with only dedication (and little knowledge) I will do the V-diet. I have never lifted weights before, but I have read Burn the fat, feed the muscle so that's pretty much all the knowledge I have.

Starting
Body Fat %: 20.1
BMI: 25.1
Weight in Kilos: 78.2

Nutrition
Off days
(10.2 x 172 + 879) x .50 = 1300 calories

Training Days
(10.2 x 172 + 879) x .60 = 1600 Calories

Wed / Sat / Sunday

5 Protein Shakes

18 salmon oil capsules

Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday

5 Protein Shakes

1 serving of recovery supplement

No salmon capsules on this day.

Where are your liquid carbs for energy during your workout? You don't have to use surge but if you don't use anything you will fell it, it will suck...

-Aaron-
08-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Yep, you get credit as you did do the first one. You were the first to document it, since then I think I was the second to do a full v diet all the way and it was tough but the results were awsome!

And i'm still loosing weight, have not put it all back one. Do it right and you keep loosing, right back into a cutting diet after a phase off plan...

Wounder how many of the 20 ppl with logd will finish it and suck it up...

Actually grass hopper, I finished a full 28 days 2 months ago.

EazyE15
08-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Lmfao the OP is counting "washing dishes" as cardio.
Umm i guess i should count this post im typing, thats gotta be about 50 calories with the use of my hands. Then of course theres the cardio i do in the form of brushing my teeth.

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 06:54 AM
Actually grass hopper, I finished a full 28 days 2 months ago.

April is 4 months ago, thats when the other person did it, and I think the other person was before 2 months ago also...

What eva, you or him or the other...

I get 4rd! Yay... Grr though, though I was 2nd... Wat eva, 4 ppl, out of so many that will try the figure will probaly not go over 50 in a year.

WTF! Washing dishes as cardio... Counting typing? Well I uses a computer all day, woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww what a workout everyday...

justdragit
08-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Lol thats a lot of exercises in 1 session. And man way too many reps.
I don't like you.

*cough*

/cough

I was in your journal taking up posts. :cool:

Soleft
08-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Where are your liquid carbs for energy during your workout? You don't have to use surge but if you don't use anything you will fell it, it will suck...

Er..nothing I just drink water, then drink recovery after workout. I'll use the recovery drink I have now for workouts will that do? It's called Staminaoe recover by Muscle Science.

Lmfao the OP is counting "washing dishes" as cardio.
Umm i guess i should count this post im typing, thats gotta be about 50 calories with the use of my hands. Then of course theres the cardio i do in the form of brushing my teeth.

I could easily count it as cardio. I'm literally sweating all the time from moving about, it's a very busy pub, I don't sweat from a brisk walk but people seem to count that as cardio. I dunno.

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Er..nothing I just drink water, then drink recovery after workout. I'll use the recovery drink I have now for workouts will that do?

I could easily count it as cardio. I'm literally sweating all the time from moving about, it's a very busy pub, I don't sweat from a brisk walk but people seem to count that as cardio. I dunno.

Ok cool, wat u using for recovery?

The dishes are funny, thats all...

I did a massive amount of cardio, plateaued in week three, only power walking in week 4, ost again, massive drop that week, in the week your supposed to drop like nothing becasue of a slow metabolism apparently...

Soleft
08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Staminaoe recover by Muscle Science.

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Cool, I have no experience with it but if it's a carb liquid recovery drink it should be good.

Try drinking 1/2 during your workout, it gave me a better kick for my workout and I could lift from from more energy and everything counts on the v diet as I have proven... eg. 1st workout after v diet, carbs in me again and no surge and I could lift more.

-Aaron-
08-01-2007, 08:58 AM
April is 4 months ago, thats when the other person did it, and I think the other person was before 2 months ago also...

What eva, you or him or the other...

I get 4rd! Yay... Grr though, though I was 2nd... Wat eva, 4 ppl, out of so many that will try the figure will probaly not go over 50 in a year.

WTF! Washing dishes as cardio... Counting typing? Well I uses a computer all day, woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww what a workout everyday...

My point wasn't who did it first, but to show this diet shows little success. It's great people are finishing it, not too mention my good cholesterol is up and bad chol is down. :)

Tried it with just whey my 2nd time through, but failed horribly. My first time I actually used Metabolic Drive. I returned my Syntrax Matrix, due in part what's going on with this forum and them. Sticking with my 100% ON Casein.

*cough*

*Fart*

EazyE15
08-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I just enevr heard of anyone who gets a sweat from washing dishes, unless you are in a hot and humid pub. Or you are really REALLY unfit.

Soleft
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I just enevr heard of anyone who gets a sweat from washing dishes, unless you are in a hot and humid pub. Or you are really REALLY unfit.

Well now you have sunshine. I'm not unfit either, but you can imagine working in a kitchen it being hot, and someone scrubbing grime out of plates for 4 hours can be exhausting, compare it to wanking furiously for 4 hours.

Andrew69
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Day 1 30th July 2007
Body Fat %: 19.3
BMI: 24.5
Weight in Kilos: 66.2
It's funny what water weight does to your results.

Ah...no
You dont lose 12 kgs of water weight mate... :cool:

Either your initial weight is wrong or this weigh in is wrong.

Soleft
08-02-2007, 02:02 AM
Ah...no
You dont lose 12 kgs of water weight mate... :cool:

Either your initial weight is wrong or this weigh in is wrong.

Lmao ye I made a mistake, I posted about it above, it wouldn't let me edit my post. It's meant to say 76.2.

Soleft
08-02-2007, 02:11 AM
Day 3 1st August 2007
Body Fat %: 18.6
BMI: 24
Weight in Kilos: 74.4

Notes:
*I think I'm past the water weight stage, my results will be a bit more real from now on.

Day 3 pics

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 04:20 AM
*Fart*

Did you follw through?

Soleft
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I think my upper body really needs more attention, my lower body isn't so bad, I used to run for an hour a day at 10 mph. I'm going to focus more on my arms and chest. Good or bad idea judging from my pictures?

EazyE15
08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I think my upper body really needs more attention, my lower body isn't so bad, I used to run for an hour a day at 10 mph. I'm going to focus more on my arms and chest. Good or bad idea judging from my pictures?

You could run 10 miles in an hour? Man thats good enough to be an olympic athlete.

Deathknight86
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM

Your 16. I doubt you have ever had a real job of any kind (aside from a camp councilor or racking leaves for the elderly neighbor)
Anyone who has worked in the food industry knows that it is extremely fast-paced, sweaty and cardio-intensive at times

You talking about what counts as real work and what doesnt is like me telling you which power ranger is the best. I wouldnt know because thats your age group :D

justdragit
08-02-2007, 11:39 AM
You could run 10 miles in an hour? Man thats good enough to be an olympic athlete.
:rolleyes: dumbass.

Soleft
08-02-2007, 11:40 AM

My bad, it's 10 Km/h. Anyway, I don't want you on my thread anymore, you do nothing but take the piss, you're not helping me at all.

Deathknight86
08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree. See ya EasyE!!!

-Aaron-
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
:rolleyes: dumbass.

x2

justdragit
08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
lmao ... EazyE negged me ... bwhahahahahahahhaha ...

actually he grayed me ... :eek:

Soleft
08-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Day 4 3rd August 2007
Body Fat %: 18.5
BMI: 23.8
Weight in Kilos: 74

EXERCISE
Cardio
Washing Dishes: 4 hours

Gym
Dumbbell presses on flat bench - 12 Reps
Pec deck flyes - 12 Reps
Standing barbell military presses - 12 Reps
Tricep V-bar pushdowns - 12 Reps
Skullcrushers with EZ-bar - 12 Reps
Lateral dumbbell deltoid raises - 12 Reps
Preacher curls with EZ-bar - 12 Reps
Seated dumbbell bicep curls - 12 Reps
Lat pulls - 12 Reps
Dumbbell rows - 12 Reps
Dumbbell shrugs - 12 Reps

Notes
*Ephedrine coming today.
*Anyone know any tips on speeding this BF lose up?

Day 4 pics

EazyE15
08-03-2007, 02:17 AM
lmao ... EazyE negged me ... bwhahahahahahahhaha ...

actually he grayed me ... :eek:

OMFGZ LOLZZZZZZZ!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

DriftMonster
08-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Speeding up the bf loss? If you're calculations are right(and mine too), you've lost more than 2 kilos of fat in 4 days. That's more than twice of what the average dieter should plan on losing in a week.

If I were you, I would just be damn happy with the way it's going and stick it out. Congrats on everything so far and don't stop!

Soleft
08-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Bad news I broke my collar bone after falling off my pedal bike. I won't be going to the gym for a while, but I can do cardio after a week. I'll post pictures later so you can get a few laughs lol.

jhf
08-04-2007, 01:12 AM
If you broke a bone, I'd lay off the v-diet until you completely heal. You want to make sure yer gettin everything your body needs while it heals itself. You can always do the V-Diet later. Sry to hear about yer bad luck!

EazyE15
08-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Speeding up the bf loss? If you're calculations are right(and mine too), you've lost more than 2 kilos of fat in 4 days. That's more than twice of what the average dieter should plan on losing in a week.

If I were you, I would just be damn happy with the way it's going and stick it out. Congrats on everything so far and don't stop!

Its not fat, thats impossible fat loss speed. You can lose water weight every day in the diet to.

-Aaron-
08-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Its not fat, thats impossible fat loss speed. You can lose water weight every day in the diet to.

Alright, shut up...

Plenty of people, myself included, lost a lot of weight on this diet... Guess what? It was all fat. :rolleyes:

petergray
08-04-2007, 11:41 AM

Isn't that all dependent on how much you need to lose? I know people give "safe" numbers like 1-2lbs a week. But doesn't it differ from person to person just like everything else?

When I did keto before, I was losing very close to 1lb a day with gains in strength.

I'm on a clean eating plan right now (2400 calories) and just dropped 4lbs my 2nd week with gains in my strength again. That's twice what people would call "safe".

I don't know what you have against the velocity diet, every single thread I've read about this you're here with nothing useful to say. If you have a question regarding the numbers you got from the creator, why don't you, *GASP* ask the creator over at t-nation? I've read threads over there, he actually answers.

Just because the numbers and stats may not fit with you doesn't mean this routine is bunk. I've seen tons of successful stories here and over at t-nation. Like everyone was saying, you're still growing bud, why don't you just take it easy.

EazyE15
08-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Isn't that all dependent on how much you need to lose? I know people give "safe" numbers like 1-2lbs a week. But doesn't it differ from person to person just like everything else?

When I did keto before, I was losing very close to 1lb a day with gains in strength.

I'm on a clean eating plan right now (2400 calories) and just dropped 4lbs my 2nd week with gains in my strength again.

I don't know what you have against the velocity diet, every single thread I've read about this you're here with nothing useful to say. If you have a question regarding the numbers you got from the creator, why don't you, *GASP* ask the creator over at t-nation? I've read threads over there, he actually answers.

Just because the numbers and stats may not fit with you doesn't mean this routine is bunk. I've seen tons of successful stories here and over at t-nation. Like everyone was saying, you're still growing bud, why don't you just take it easy.

If you really were losing 1lb fat a day your skin would be loose. No one can lose 1lb of fat a day unless they are like 500lb to begin with. Find me an experiment that proves me wrong.

petergray
08-04-2007, 11:50 AM
If you really were losing 1lb fat a day your skin would be loose. No one can lose 1lb of fat a day unless they are like 500lb to begin with. Find me an experiment that proves me wrong.

Where did I/you say anything about loose skin? You were saying the guy was losing mostly water weight and 1lb a day was impossible. Nothing about if he was losing a lb a day his skin would be loose. And isn't loose skin dependent on how big and for how long you were in the first place?

The first time I went from 240 - 165 I dropped close to a lb a day for the first month and a half and never had a problem with loose skin. Like I said, it's all really dependent on the person and how much they have to loose.

Even in the velocity diet, you find the people that lose the most weight are the ones that are generally have the largest body fat % of those that try it.

Those using the velocity diet to get shredded and lose the lowest number of weight at the end are usually the ones that have the lowest body fat % out of all the people that go on it.

DriftMonster
08-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Umm, if you look at what I posted, I said "If you're calculations are right", which means his body fat %.

If you doubt it, it's basic math. Multiply his body weight by his body fat percentage, what would be the weight of his body that is fat. Subtract 1 from the other...

And how is that not possible. Since fat is 3500 calories, if you could burn that in a day over your intake(which is possible, just not healthy) then you would lose 1 pound of fat (theoretically, since we assume you're using fat as a source of energy). This isn't even taking into consideration anything else the body is doing to help burn fat, just straight numbers.

Soleft
08-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Well after I broke my collar bone I knew I would have to stop. My parents wouldn't allow me to carry on, and it would be stupid to do so anyway. Oh well there is always next time, watch this space (as in I will do it after my collar bone is healed). I'm still carrying on my diet with normal food.

My left collar bone is broken, with a partial dislocation of my left shoulder. You can't see my collar bone at all because the area is so swollen.

Picture of me disabled :(

jhf
08-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Sry to hear about the collar bone, sucks. Looking at your pics, you really don't need to be on the Velocity Diet anyways. Get to the gym and lift some weights and put on some muscle. I think you'd be suprised with how you end up looking after adding some decent muscle.