PDA

View Full Version : Sumisan's Getting Serious about this Fat Loss Thing

sumisan
07-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Time to buckle down and get to goal! I am going on a 12 week cut and am hoping to lose 24 lbs.

I will post my plan when I have it all worked out. I have a really hard time losing weight so it is going to have to be super clean and healthy!!

Starting Stats: 174
Height: 5' 9''

Chest (under bust): 30
Waist: 28.5
Hips: 41
Thighs: 26/27
Calf: 15.5
Arms: 12
Wrist: 6
Neck: 12

Bodyfat %: 26.1-27.6 (per caliper reading)

sumisan
07-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I believe this was me at my highest weight of about 194: see fat.jpg

I lost a little on my own to about 185 just by watching what I eat. Then I went on a crash diet of 1200 and got to 178 before starting to exercise. But my weight loss stalled.

I completed a program called Power 90 and these are my day 1, 30, 60 and 90 pics:

see front1306090.jpg, back1306090.jpg, and side1306090.jpg

I am still using Power 90 products but moved up a notch to the Power 90 Master's Series and have made it to day 60 on that. Here are my day 1 and 30's (day 60's still need to be tacken):

see msday1.jpg and ms30all.jpg

Progress is really slow for many reasons. Mainly being that after I did the crash diet it took a good month to fix my metabolism and at that time I ate 2000 calories so progress went backward.

Now I am at a place where it is a good time to really buckle down and get serious about a healthy diet and lose the rest of the weight once and for all.

Hotmoltenlava
07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Well Done! Nice Progress.

*reps*

Have a good one.

advancednoob87
07-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Good luck! If you put your mind to it you can achieve anything!
-Geoffrey

sumisan
07-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks Lava and Geoffrey! I appreciate you guys being nice, I know there is a long road ahead but baby steps are better than none at all!

sumisan
07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
07 Post Workout:1 glass non-fat milk
08 Breakfast: Carb and Protien (oats and egg whites) +veggies
10 Snack: Carb and Protien (fruit and protien shake)
13 Lunch: Carb and Protien (Rice and tuna) +veggies
16 Snack: Fat and Protien (peanut butter and chocolate protien shake)
19 Dinner: Fat and Protien (olive oil/peanut butter and meat) +salad
22 Snack: Fat and Protien (cottage cheese)

Still working on this but this is my "skeleton" so to speak...

sumisan
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
My fitday account with a sample day:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=sumisan

sumisan
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Current Execise Routine:

I use 6 different "workout tapes", which I know are a bit taboo but I think they are excellent for begginers like me. All these are from the Power 90 Master's Series. Times include warm up and cool down.

Sweat 5/6 - 49 minutes cardio
Sculpt 5/6 - 48 minutes resistance/weights
Core Cardio - 48 minutes cardio
UML (upper middle lower) - 40 minutes resistance
Cardio Intevals - 56 minutes cardio
Plyo Legs - 49 minutes extreem resistance

I am using their recommended "classic" rotation as follows (currently on week 9)

Weeks 1 thru 3

Monday: Sculpt 5/6
Tuesday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Wednesday: Sculpt 5/6
Thursday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Friday: Sculpt 5/6
Saturday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Sunday: Rest

Week 4

Monday: Core Cardio
Tuesday: Cardio Interval
Wednesday: UML
Thursday: Plyo
Friday: Core Cardio
Saturday: UML
Sunday: Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 5 thru 7

Monday: Sculpt 5/6
Tuesday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Wednesday: Plyo
Thursday: UML
Friday: Sweat 5/6
Saturday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200

Week 8

Monday: Core Cardio
Tuesday: Cardio Interval
Wednesday: UML
Thursday: Plyo
Friday: Core Cardio

Weeks 9 & 11

Monday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Tuesday: Plyometrics
Wednesday: Cardio Int Ab Ripper 200
Thursday: Sculpt 5/6
Friday: Sweat 5/6

Weeks 10 & 12

Monday: UML
Tuesday: Plyometrics
Wednesday: Core Cardio
Thursday: Sculpt 5/6
Friday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Saturday: Plyometrics
Sunday: Rest:

I was going to move onto the Power 90 X after this but I think I need another round as I am not quite to X standards yet, maybe after I dont have 25 lbs of fat weighing me down LOL!

sumisan
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Well due to budget problems I wont be starting this officially until next Monday. But I am vowing to really stick to my cut for the next 12 weeks. I am thinking about taking weekly pics to keep me motivated and on track.

8/6
8/13
8/20
8/27
9/3
9/10
9/17
9/24
10/1
10/8
10/15
10/22
10/29

Until then, I am eating pretty good but not paying attention to ratio's or calories and I know my salt is a bit up. So I am still holding onto some water, but that will all change soon :D

I am still doing my workouts, that hasn't changed! Plyo yesterday, feeling sore in the back of my legs, so even though I modify it is still working what is supposed to be working :D

sumisan
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Ultimate long term goal: I will be healthy, strong and fit.

12 month goal: I will gain muscle and maintain my fat loss.

Six month goal: I will reduce my body fat to 18% and my weight to 155 lbs.

Three month goal: I will reduce my body fat to 21.6% and my weight to 164 lbs.

Weekly goal: I will lose .5% body fat and lose 1 lb.

Daily goal: Eat on plan, exercise and take my iron pills.

sumisan
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Although I am not following exactly the BFFM plan I do like this idea :)

I am so happy and thankful now that I am working on me.

I am losing bodyfat and reaching a weight of 164 lbs and a bodyfat of 21.6% by October 28th, 2007.

I am losing bodyfat and reaching my GOAL weight of 150 lbs and a body fat of 18% by January 21st, 2007.

I am proud of my body.

I wake up every morning at 6 am to fit in my first meal and workout before 7.

I eat 6 meals a day with good ratios and on time.

I plan ahead so that life doesn't interfere with my routine.

I stay well hydrated and purify my body with at least 64 oz of water.

I deserve to work on myself and be healthy, strong and fit.

sumisan
08-03-2007, 06:25 AM
My weigh is like a roller coaster I tell ya, it climbs to unbelievable heights and when I least expect it plummets.

Weighed in today after getting to 177.5 this week at 173. It's a little hard to believe but my weight before the weird climb was 174 so I guess it's not entirely absurd!

I am taking this week as a rest week and then I am going to start up a 12 week rotation of the exercise routine above with my new diet.

The rotation will be weeks 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Basically I am going to finish my last 4 weeks then start again at week 5 right away instead of taking a rest week at the end (since I am taking it now).

I think it's a good plan. Plus I have a few days to concentrate on shopping for food :)

sumisan
08-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Holding steady, it would be awesome to start this "12 week challenge" at 173 :)

sumisan
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Well as my body would have it I am starting at 176.5 (poppy kosh since I was 173 only 2 days ago!)

Sculpt 5/6 plus Ab Ripper 200
Food:
4 egg whites, 1 zuchini and 60 g oats
1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, .5 oz protien
2.5 oz tuna, 32 g (dry cooked) brown rice, 2 cups green beans
1 cup milk 2 tb peanut butter 2 tb cocoa
3.25 oz chicken, 2 cups broccoli, .5 Tb olive oil
1 cup milk (post workout)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (last meal)

~1600 (its in fitday under July 30th) and ~40 40 20

Going good so far, Although I didnt get my workout in early like I wanted. I need to go to sleep earlier, maybe make my hubby in charge of putting the kids to bed. Once they are back in school in 2 weeks it will be alot easier or maybe harder LOL we will see.

Weight is up because of salt. We went to the lake yesterday and I made some (healthy but not perfect) pizza when we got home. Should be gone by Thursday knowing my body. And hopefully a little more as the trend has been.

Doing some weights (sculpt dvd) sounds really good today actually!

sumisan
08-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Yes 5 lbs higher than just 3 days ago. Yesterday, everything was carefully measured and everything! :( But #1 I started working out, so my body hates me and is retaining. WHY BODY?

Eh, what can I do? Nothing, I just have to take it. I really wish I had a better explaination for it though. Maybe its the iron? I am definitly feeling the side effects (TMI). On top of that we are nearing the middle of the month which is when I et my hormones kicking in.

Well onward right :)

Yesterday Review: I didn't eat my milk after the workout, cottage cheese before bed or green beans with lunch, nor the .5 Tb olive oil with dinner. Which means I came in way low on calories. BAD. (yet still up today!) That brought my total to 1268, but I did have a nibble of cookie dough when I made my kids some cookies so it was probably up in the 1400's :D

Exercise went great, I wish I had a complete dumbell set, but overall I worked my shoulders well because today I am sore! I need to try to go lower in the squats though.

Exercise today: Plyo Legs

Food today:
B-fast:
4 Tb Cream of Wheat
4 Egg Whites, 1 Tomato

Post Workout:
1 cup milk

Snack:
1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 Tb Protien (shake)

Lunch:
2 slices WW bread, 3 oz chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce with mustard only (sandwich) and 1 apple

Snack:
3 Tb Peanut Butter, 3 oz chicken

Dinner:
4 oz Tilapia, 2 cups broccoli

Dessert:
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 1476
20 % fat
40 % carbs
40 % protien
Fiber: 20

Sweet today it's perfect ratios :D

sumisan
08-07-2007, 07:17 AM

Yes 5 lbs higher than just 3 days ago. Yesterday, everything was carefully measured and everything! :( But #1 I started working out, so my body hates me and is retaining. WHY BODY?

Eh, what can I do? Nothing, I just have to take it. I really wish I had a better explaination for it though. Maybe its the iron? I am definitly feeling the side effects (TMI). On top of that we are nearing the middle of the month which is when I et my hormones kicking in.

Well onward right :)

Yesterday Review: I didn't eat my milk after the workout, cottage cheese before bed or green beans with lunch, nor the .5 Tb olive oil with dinner. Which means I came in way low on calories. BAD. (yet still up today!) That brought my total to 1268, but I did have a nibble of cookie dough when I made my kids some cookies so it was probably up in the 1400's :D

Exercise went great, I wish I had a complete dumbell set, but overall I worked my shoulders well because today I am sore! I need to try to go lower in the squats though.

Exercise today: Plyo Legs

Food today:
B-fast:
4 Tb Cream of Wheat
4 Egg Whites, 1 Tomato

Post Workout:
1 cup milk

Snack:
1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 Tb Protien (shake)

Lunch:
2 slices WW bread, 3 oz chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce with mustard only (sandwich) and 1 apple

Snack:
3 Tb Peanut Butter, 3 oz chicken

Dinner:
4 oz Tilapia, 2 cups broccoli

Dessert:
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 1476
20 % fat
40 % carbs
40 % protien
Fiber: 20

Sweet today it's perfect ratios :D

chrischap01
08-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Just keep working at it and you will figure out what your body needs to get the scale going back down. Good luck and keep up the logging, it will really help you in the long run!

You may want to post more specific logs of the exercises you are doing too..

sumisan
08-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks Chris :)

I am a bit of a lightweight compared to alot of you guys out there, I am doing a home video program at the moment. For a video series its pretty well balanced (ie: alternated weights with cardio and doesn't just focus on cardio). I know alot of people have heard of P90X, which I am doing what is considered probably a big notch down from it but made by the same guy.

It's alot more than I have ever done, so its a good baby step.

For example today is Cardio Intervals, which is cardio obviously, its a fairly short (about 40 minutes with the warm up/cool down).

Plyo Legs is a Plyometric workout which really works the legs but is also cardio.

UML is kind of resistance not really cardio, but it doesnt use weights, lots of push ups, squats, and other like moves.

Core Cardio is a light cardio workout which includes core exercises, again no weights.

Sweat 5/6 is just cardio.

Sculpt 5/6 is weights, working the whole body not just one muscle group. (squats, push ups, curls, presses, things like that)

I am not quite ready to attempt P90X but that is my next step, then after that I might try doing something on my own LOL

sumisan
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
176 this morning which is good, not great but better than that 178 crap. Still 3 lbs over my low 5 days ago though!

Yesterday Review:

Food: I did good. I skipped an apple at lunch but nibbled on some bread at dinner.
Exercise: Went great, got good and sweaty and my legs are feeling it today!

Today:

Food:
4 egg whites, 3 slices ww bread, 1/2 cup berries (making french toast)
1 cup milk post workout
1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, .5 oz protien (shake)
3 oz chicken, 2 slices ww bread, tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard.
1 cup milk, 2 Tb Peanut Butter, 2 Tb Cocoa, .5 oz protien
4 oz ground turkey, tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard and 2 cups green beans

Calories:1541
20% Fat
39% Carbs
41% Protien
Fiber: 32

Exercise:
Cardio Intervals and Ab Ripper 200

chrischap01
08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
There is nothing wrong with baby steps, and this part of the site is about trying to become a lightweight so there is nothing wrong with being one of those either ;)

I was just thinking that as you go, if you get stuck or your goals change it may help others answer questions or try to help you if they have an idea of what you are trying to do and what your plan is!

sumisan
08-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I totally agree, problem is, is that I have been doing this for about 6 solid months now, stuck is nothing new to me. My weight only comes off with a rusty hacksaw. ROFL Ok maybe its not that bad but I definitly have tried just about everything and basiclly perfect eating is the only way to go for me.

I keep running across the velocity diet, and if this plan doesnt work, it's probably going to be my next step. In 6 months I have lost 10 lbs. SLOW progress is a real motivation sapper. (I have been at a deficit for MOST of those 6 months, with the exception of 1 month that I went to 2000 calories to try and boost my metabolism).

sumisan
08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Goal tonight is to get to SLEEP by 8. So in bed by 7:30, everyone, no exceptions. I finally fell asleep at about 2:30 last night... :eek:

I got in my workout though, finished at midnight LOL I need to do it earlier today! Like RIGHT NOW!!!!

If I can get to sleep by then,I can get a good 6 hours of sleep. The plan is to be coherent by 2 am. Feed kids cereal, pack them into the car with snacks and PILLOWS by 3 am, drive 2 hours and check in at KCI at 5:00. Then walk down the terminal to Starbucks and grab a VENTI :D

Today I am on a search for food with food ratios, I guess the Taco Bell Chicken soft taco is pretty close to 40 30 30 ... I may have to try that. Plus Beef Jerky for extra protien and LOTS of water for the sodium. I am not sure about breakfast though, we may go to Ihop as I read somewhere that kids eat free on Fridays or something. Maybe get some cottage cheese and oatmeal, I am pretty sure they sell those... Then that leaves snacks, which fruit should fill in nicely, maybe some roasted almonds (peanuts and raisins for the kids).

Review of Yesterday:

Food: Sandwich didn't work out at lunch (not enough chicken)
so I heated up some leftover homemade pizza and added what
chicken I had to it... not horrible but not perfect!

I didn't have my second shake. I ate about 2 oz of
chocolate chips instead (bad!)

I didnt have the cottage cheese before bed, instead I worked
out then and had my milk with 1/2 of a carnation instant
breakfast.

So I was a bit high in carbs due to these factors, I could have done
better.

Exercise: Late but it was GOOD. Sweat like a Cow. (do
they sweat?) LOL

Food Today:

1.5 cups potato and 4 egg whites
1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 oz protien
1 cup milk post workout
1 1/2 cup Turkey and Black Bean Turkey Chili
2 Tb Peanut Butter and 4 oz chicken
4 oz Tilapia, .5 Tb Olive Oil, 2 ups broccoli
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Exercise Today:

Sculpt 5/6

sumisan
08-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Bad. Calling it a cheat day helps :)

Ok back on track! We only got 2 hours sleep and had to go to the airport (long drive) Spent the day shopping in the city (counting it as my cardio!) and didnt get to bed until 10. I need a nap today to recoup.

Still at a gain and I am throwing away my scale. I have decided that IT is what has been effecting my efforts the most. I lose great when I am not obsessing about the number! I have my calipers, that is all I need right :) Ok I wont throw it away. I am going to move it to the basement though. I wont go down there. Its scary!!!!

sumisan
08-11-2007, 11:41 AM
One thing that I have been pondering is doing the V diet. Maybe not 28 days but for a little while to get myself back 100% on track with clean eating. Kind of like wiping the slate clean. Plus I really need simplicity these days. I may try the one regular meal a day version. That one really apeals to me. I can give the kids cereal for b-fast, easy snacks and sandwiches for lunch, but then we can all sit down to a nice healthy dinner. But during the day I will just drink shakes.

I am thinking about taking ephedrine too. I took it about 10 years ago and it helped alot at the gym. I need to find a good source online. I bought fish oil caps already :)

I will need to buy some protien shake though, I only have soy protien isolate and I dont think thats what I am supposed to use. (the stuff is nasty plain its 100% soy protien, unflavored) I will research more today and see what I come up with :)

sumisan
08-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I am trying to find a good whey protien at wal-mart... I may not be able to do the V-diet otherwise. (very rural, small budget, means I need to buy my protien weekly or bi-weekly and cant wait for delivery if I am ON the diet LOL)

sumisan
08-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok this is what I came up with for the Velocity diet:

6 oz protien shake (1.5 oz per shake)
1.5 Tb flax in each (total of 6 Tb)
2 fish oil caps with each shake and the meal (total 10 caps)

1 meal of lean meat and a low carb veggie.

I think the one meal a day option is best for me since dinner is a family meal here and I am the cook. But overall it will make life easier and hopefully helping me lose weight at a more normal rate (or faster).

I guess I will need to alter my exercise regime eliminate the cardio days since its intense cardio and just add some walking? I think if I just make a consious effort to be more active that would work since I am pretty sedentary when I am not working out. Then focus on the weight training 3 days a week. Definitly keep a stretching routine in there on non training days though.

I think I can do it the full 28 days without any problems. There are no major things happening in my life then. One day out of town is the only problem, but shakes are portable and the one meal option helps there too.

My goal wouldn't be to see crazy results but to just see some good losses without any hassle of worrying I was doing something wrong. I mean if this doesn't work then nothing will!

I would want to lose 3 lbs a week, which is 12 lbs in a month. Not crazy, reasonable right!? That would get me solidly into a healthy BMI and hopefully I can nick some of the slacker habits I have developed since June. I was doing so well with willpower even without results from January to June...its been shody since.

I researched it and wal-mart does sell whey protien, so that will be on my list to pick up. Plus another bottle of fish oil caps and some ground flax. (I hope I can find it here!) and I am still unsure if I will be able to find the ephedra.

I feel good about this, it's crazy but I need something to focus me.

Saint Mike
08-12-2007, 04:58 AM
It looks like you're well on your way to achieving your goals. Keep pounding it out and you'll be there before you know it!

Repped. Subscribed.

sumisan
08-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks Mike :) It still seems a bit far fetched to me but I am not going to give up darn it, starting over is just to much of a pain in the arse (literally!).

KeKe.27
08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Good luck girl! :)

sumisan
08-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks Keke, I am going shopping tonight for my supps. And tomorrow will be day 1.

I am excited about this, I hope this is what I needed to start moving downward at a decent pace!!!

sumisan
08-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Start weight: 174.5

Measurements:
Neck: 12"
Bust: 36"
Chest: 31"
Waist: 28.5"
Hips: 41/44" (regular and low)
Thighs: 26/27" (left/right)
Calves: 15.5"
Arms: 12"
Forearms: 10"

First shake was NAAAASTY!!! I am making ice now to try and help. I need to order some of that tasty kind online. All they had at wal-mart was chocolate. I will run out in 5 days so if I order today it might get here before I need another bottle.

I want to make a homemade eca stack but I chickened out.

I am glad I already blew off most of this water weight. I didnt want to start with a false reading and make it seem like I lost more than I really did.

Goals
08/21: 171.5
08/28: 168.5
09/04: 165.5
09/11: 162.5

Not to crazy right? 12 lbs in 28 days, I am pretty over weight so I should be able to get pretty good results right :) Now to just get the shakes down. I tried atkins once but ended up just not eating. I am not a big meat fan and once it started being nasty I ran out of things to eat. That didn't last long LOL

If I lose less or more it's all good. I would be happy to be in the 160's period. 150's would be super sweet but I am not expecting a miracle LOL.

I will have to update after all my shakes are had. I am already looking forward to my one clean meal. Chicken and veggies :-D

Sweet page 2 for day 1!

sumisan
08-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Well I am making my dinner meal, the kids and hubby will have a potato with their meal, I dont get one :( Why wont it cook quicker LOL

I only had 3 shakes today which is good because I forgot that I need to use 1.5 scoops not 2, so it worked out fine, minus the neccessary flax anyway. I may be a bit short on calories so I may add in some extra fat to my meal, some olive oil on the broccoli or something. I will have to pop over to fitday and see what is up. I need to get a chewable fiber supp, I cant stomach the flax. My 3d shake I omited it and it was better, almost paletable LOL... ALMOST.

I ordered the cookies and cream ON that everyone raves about, Priority mail it should be here by Friday, I hope sooner LOL

I am feeling lighter already LOL Must be the lack of bulk in my system. I am planning on doing weights today but am going to wait until after the meal, I think my energy will be better then and then I am going to drink a yummy rocovery drink afterward :-D

I ordered the stuff for an ECA stack online, they should be here in the next week too :)

AntonBachuk
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
great job so far keep it up and you will see the results you deserve

sumisan
08-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Thanks!!

sumisan
08-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Weight: 174.5 Loss: 0

Retrospect on Yesterday: That wasn't so bad, I could see going insane without the meal though. Had chicken and broccoli and it was very yummy :)

I felt a little weak on my workout but got through it fine, and had my post workout drink :)

Today I am drinking my drinks right 1.5 Oz not 2 Oz, I think the thickness was really bugging me yesterday. I may be a little backed up until I get that fiber supplement.

Shake definitely tastes better today. Tonight I am going to have Tilapia and Green Beans. I think today will be a better, I know what to expect. I am going to add some oil to a few of my shakes since I am not taking the flax. I may get a bit backed up before I get the supplement but at least I wont puke or give up LOL. But since the flax was higher calorie and had fat I need to replace it.

Not going to give up today. :D

sumisan
08-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Weight: 173 Loss: -1.5 lbs <----- Ye Haw :D

Back down to my lowest weight. Yesterday was a snap. I recommend 1 meal a day to anyone! I ended up having chicken again. But tonight it's Tilapia and some Brushetta without the bread :D I will just dump it on my Tilapia.

Once I drop below my lowest it will be officially awesome :) I am going to alter my shakes a bit by adding in some oil to up my fat content. Making it more like a keto shake.

Energy wise I woke up a bit weak. Today is a lifting day so I get a recovery drink :) Looking forward to that.

Today is looking good :)

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
niceee, good job!

AntonBachuk
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM
ya i know how you feel, my biggest problem was always motivation never had enough of it, but now that i joined this site i feel pretty motivated by seeing the way people already went through and got what they wanted, ill be watching your progress closely, and when you down let me know ill try to help you out somehow, we cant loose this war, we gotta fight to the end.

sumisan
08-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Weight: 171.5 Loss: 3lbs

AHHHH! I haven't seem that weight for 2 years!!! I am only 3.5 lbs away from a healthy BMI!!!!! AHHHH! hehe ok over it. I was surprised that I still lost so quick. I thought I had already drained my water reserves after flushing my monthly bloat 5 days ago. But I guess there was still some lying around :)

Heck if I just use this to break through plateau's it's worth it :) Oh I am so close to being 20 lbs away from goal... that will be really cool. This is the weight I start P90 with in 2004. You know back when I thought this was the fattest I would ever be... ROFL.

Going on a walk with the kids today, I used the ****meter map on google, says 1.23 miles round trip. (to the creek on our road and back...mind you I wont pass ONE house) i love the country :) That will be my cardio.

Weights went ok last night. The overhead presses were the most difficult, I probably should have gone down in weight but instead I just did less.

Today I decided to have one extra meal (in lue of shake), eggs with salsa. still low carb.

So it's not perfect. So what. I am doing my own thing people :) I was thinking about doing a weekly carb refeed as well.. I think it would probably help. I am scared to death that I will drop me metabolism. I started dieting in january at 1200 (you know they say never go below 1200... so I did exactly 1200 ROFL) well I lost for a week and then it stopped. Sucked to all ****. Ate 2000 for about a month to fix it. Waste of time. I dont want to do that again.

jhf
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
That's awesome! I love those "I haven't been xxxx in xxxx years" moments. Some of the best personal motivation one can have. Keep up the great work!

sumisan
08-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Weight: 172
up 1/2 lb

normal fluctuation due to solid food in my opinion. I didnt have any shakes yesterday due to a my ice not being made quick enough and not wanting to drink the shake warm A/c is out so I was a bit cranky LOL Had the eggs for breakfast, 2 tb peanut butter, then more eggs and then a turkey burger on a low carb tortilla. So it was low carb still. But not the diet, thats for sure LOL

4 eggs
4 Tb salsa
2 oz cheese
2 Tb peanut butter
4 oz lean ground turkey
1 low carb tortilla

All in all not bad IMO. Like I said I am thinking of one refeed day anyway. I guess I will have to change the same of the diet ROFL As I am obviously changing it beyond recognition :D

Still happy about the loss, the 160's are SOOOOOO close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sumisan
08-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok I am no longer calling it the Velocity Diet as I am doing my own thing officially (sorry hard core velocity peeps)

I am doing 5 days Velocity with the one meal a day and then 2 days high carb. Kind of like a Cyclonic Velocity Diet.. ok thats what I am calling it :D

Weight: 173.5
Not bad considering the high carb weekend. Still at a 1 lb loss :) Which makes me think its an actual real loss :D

I got my E in the mail on Saturday! Woot :) Works great, I can't wait until I can try out the complete stack, still waiting on the C and A though.

Hubby said something about my looking trimmer (he chose his words VERY carefully ROFL). That was really cool. I am 20 lbs less than my highest last year. Seems crazy as I can still wear the same jeans... damn you thighs from hell!!! :D Mind you I probably SHOULDNT have been wearing the same jeans then! I am suprised they didn't give out haha

Saint Mike
08-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Keep up the great work, Sumisan!!!

sumisan
08-20-2007, 03:10 PM
got my cookies and cream in the mail today... better but not 100% delish either. I can drink it faster thats a plus... its 5 now and I am still working on shake #3... I may have to reduce the number of shakes and add more protien to each ... that would help me get them in LOL I also got my chewable fiber, SO much better than flax. I know its not ideal but at least I can drink the shakes LOL

sumisan
08-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Weight: 172 :)
Total Loss: 2.5 lbs

Nearly back down to the lowest low. My scale said 165 at first, ROFL I was like what did I lose a leg? hehe when I got off it said error :D So I tried it again and it stopped being weird.

My arms are sore today, I went up a band on curls from maroon to red. I tried before but it was such a jump I couldn't do it. This time I just did the best I could, which means I probably wasn't in the best form but I think I did ok. Definitly feeling it where I am supposed to today :)

Exactly one week in. I think that is pretty good, expecially for me. I mean if you average my weight loss so far over the last 6 months (since I started), I usually lose 1/2 lb a week. So yay, that is great!

I like the protien better today. I dont think i was adding enough water. This time I made sure to use alot and I can drink it with out feeling ill ROFL.

Other than that it's all going well :D

Saint Mike
08-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Ahhhh yes...The beloved scale error.

I had one that said I lost 55 pounds overnight....:o

Rip Van Winkle style.

sumisan
08-21-2007, 08:17 PM
hehe it is fun to see it though :)

sumisan
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Weight:173

Up 1 lb but all in all I am still happy. Normally if I cheat my weight swings wildly into the high 170's so that is a great sign considering my weekend carb up that I did :D

Shakes are better on ice than blended, the blending makes this foam and you can never seem to get past it to the icey part.

I am thouroughly expecting a loss tomorrow, if there isn't one then something is wrong with me ROFL.

Other than that its all going well this week. Next week will be more trying. My stepsons will be starting school (and getting back from camp this weekend) on Monday. I homeschool my kids so this is all new to me. Waking up, getting ready, breakfast.... all on a schedule and before the bus leaves at 7:30. Yikes. Well it will be good for my two to learn about all that stuff plus it will probably help us get going in the morning :)

Cyb3rTr0n
08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
how much fiber do you think your taking in daily? Ive' only been on the velocity diet a couple days, the first day I took only about 9g of fiber(milled flax), yesterday I totaled 19g of fiber, spreading it throughout my day, but taking most of it in suring the middle of the day, in my shakes about an hour before and after cardio. The added Fiber seemed to help fill me up, and gave me something to chew on while taking in the drink.lol

Yea the blender does make protein shakes pretty frothy. I like to put a bottle of water in the freeser just long enough to where the outer layer of water freezes over. Then I kinda squeeze the bottle to break that small layer of ice up, I drink about 1/3 of it to make room for my protein/flax. it tasts pretty good that way and all that broken ice seems to help mix the shake better. I dont do this with all my shakes, just here and there to add variety.

sumisan
08-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I am taking fiber choice chewable and trying to eat 8 a day. so thats 16 in suppliments plus dinner has a few grams, usually its right around 20 which is what I am aiming for :) I agree I am actually really full on this. I am having trouble drinking all my shakes! That is a great idea! I am going to try it!

Saint Mike
08-22-2007, 11:41 PM
It's great that you're finding a way to stay full on a modified V. That should help your willpower greatly!

Peace,
Mike

sumisan
08-23-2007, 07:32 AM
:) thanks Mike

sumisan
08-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Weight: 171 <----new low!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!! I still have one more day before the refeed messes with my numbers too! Yay! Dare I say I may see 170 tomorrow? How awesome would that be!

I totally forgot to tell everyone! I bought the X (ie:power 90 extreeem, power 90 X, p90x)!! I can't wait until it gets here. I am doing an all weights round (LOVE IT) and want something that is a little more serious. So after lots of thought I decided this was my best choice because I am still not quite ready to peek my head into the free gym at the cummunity center. It uses different techniques in lue of traditional lifting so that you can use dumbells and resistance bands instead of heavy equipment and still get the good results.

I am excited and before my weights session last night I took the fit test. It's supposed to gauge if you are ready or not. I did well except on pull ups and push ups.

Resting heart rate, I checked this twice was 60-61 beats per minute... doesn't say on the test what you should have so I guess its just for reference later. In this article here:http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4701 it says that it should be between 60 and 80, lower in younger people and phsically fit people. So I will take that as a compliment, thank you heart.

Pull ups: 0 <-- honestly I didnt even do this one, I know I can't do any ROFL says its ok not to be able to do any.

Push-ups: 15 girlie pushups, which was how many you needed to pass, honestly though I am still working on push ups, I can't go fist distance from the floor, I can only lower about 3/4 of the way. Everyone tells me this is the easy part (lowering) but I just can't do it and keep proper form. At an incline I can do alot more pushups though, so this is a bit iffy on the test.

Vertical Leap: 6" I was happy with that, minimun was 5" male, 3" female. Maybe I measured wrong LOL Even if I was off a few inches, I would have been fine though.

Toe Touch: +7" Really happy about this, minimum was -6" meaning not being able to even reach your toes!

Wall squat: I had done this a few weeks ago and gotten a better score, but I dont think my legs were at a right angle, this time they were, I lasted a whole 1 minute 15 seconds. minimum was a minute so it was ok.

Bicep Curls: I used my maroon band which I believe is equivalent to 20 lbs. I maxed out at 30. I really need to be using a higher weight ROFL I recently went up to red bands but they are hard, I think they 30 lbs and it really makes a difference. I should have used them for the test hehe minimum was 10 curls at 8 lbs. :D

In and Outs: Well the minumum was 25, I did 28 but I can't do this ab exersise quite right, I have to have my legs go little higher when I stretch them out. So this was another iffy exercise... I could do it just modified like he suggests on the ab ripper tapes.

Last was the heart rate maximizer, after 2 minutes straight full on jumping jacks (and yes I got through them!) I took my heart rate a few times:

immediate: 180 bpm
1 minute: 138 bpm
2 minutes: 120 bpm
3 minutes: 108 bpm
4 minutes: 108 bpm
Again I guess its just for reference, because it says if you finished the two minutes standing and able to breath the you passes ROFL. Well I didnt pass out haha.

At this website:http://www.sarkproducts.com/targetzonecalculator.htm I entered in my resting heart rate, age and sex and it says that 176-192 is "going all out" so I guess that is a good sign that I was trying really hard LOL jumping jacks were really hard for me when I started P90, I couldnt even keep my arms up and had to stop 1-2 times (and they were only 30 second bursts!)

Anyway I am going to overlook my bad form on push ups and in and outs. It's not 100% but I can still modify on the X, no exercise police are going to come and take me away hehe

Anyway thought it was cool :D

Saint Mike
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Congrats!!!

Good luck with p90x. I have seen the program. It's killer.

Peace,
Mike

sumisan
08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
:) I am already a P90 addict, I have dont P90 and P90 MS so I am hoping it wont actually kill me ROFL

sumisan
08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Weight: 171

Ok I am really pissed off. I got on my scale, it reads 169.5. Get off and it says error. Damn. Get back on 169.5. Off. NO ERROR. ON again, 169.5, I am elaited! I decide I need to go get my camera. Come back. Get on. 171. @^$^%& Oh well it will be soon. Lesson learned, going down the stairs and back up again makes me gain 1.5 lbs ROFL ok ok most likely it was just being a retard after the error. It's still cool DAMN IT tomorrow I will be LESS!! :D

Raining here, THANKFULLY. A/c is still broken but we found someone who will look at it for $20 bucks. Then another friend lent us a window a/c... which ironicly the fan ALSO wont kick on. HAHA such luck, I tell ya.

Saint Mike
08-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Didn't you know?

Scales are specially trained in psycological warfare at CIA headquarters in Langley, VA before they are shipped.

The more expensive the scale, the more extensive the training.

That's what you're really paying for,
Mike

sumisan
08-24-2007, 12:15 PM
LMAOROFL hehe exactly.

sumisan
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
weight: 169!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially in the 160's hehe but not for long since my cyclonic twist means I am eating carbs or 2 days hehe. But I know I will get back there next week with even a possible drop :D YAY! I was going to take a pic but hubby was sleeping in the same room. To weird to explain haha. One day when I rope him into doing weights with me I will let him in on the BB world :D

Speaking of which, he is a tough cookie. But I am whittling on his willpower. He WILL come over to the dark side hehe

sumisan
08-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Weight: 172.5

Yet again a 1 lb drop from last weeks after weekend weigh in. Up 3.5 lbs but that is ok :) I am happy. Today I kicked it off low carb style with eggs. My excuse is that I was getting kids to school for their first day, no wonder I home school. Poor kids, I am more worried than they are hehe, and they are my STEP children! haha Anyway we were on the road the entire 2 days that I was doing my planned cheats. I need to make better choices on those days. Should be easier now, everything is going to calm down :D

I am only going to be starting the X :eek: haha I am going to do weights today (try and really get a good one in) i hope it gets here today!

sumisan
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I was trying to look up a body type test (actually looking for the meso/endo/ecto one but stumbled on this), I wonder if there is any truth to it?

"The Spoon Profile

Email this page Print This fitness program was excerpted from the book Escape Your Shape by Edward Jackowski, Ph.D.

Spoons tend to put on weight or mass in their hips and thighs and behind the knees. Those who are very overweight may even carry extra weight in their calves and ankles. Their upper bodies are not necessarily small, but considerably smaller than their lower bodies.

Typically, if a Spoon is not overweight, the lower part of the leg, from the knee down is her best asset. Although it is rare, there are some male Spoons. Another distinctive feature of Spoons is that, unlike Hourglasses, they look heavier than their actual scale weight. Because most of their weight is concentrated in their lower half, others' eyes focus and fix primarily on this part of their bodies. It is important to note that as a Spoon, you bulk the fastest of all the body types from the hips down, so it's vital that each and every time you exercise you do so with absolutely no resistance or weights. I have seen thousands of women increase the size of their hips and thighs considerably by performing the wrong type of exercises. It's a horrible thought, but it's possible to bulk up from a size 10 to a 14 with the wrong exercises!

A typical Spoon's measurements are 34-30-42. As I often tell Spoon women I work with, my goal is to take you from a ladle to a teaspoon. Your measurements should be 34-29-36. And you can do it! By exercising right for your body type. I have also found that generally sedentary Spoons who sit a lot can increase the size of their hips and thighs simply with the pressure and weight that they put on that region of the body. If they're not overweight, Spoons usually have very nice upper bodies and great upper abdominal muscles.

Problem Areas and Characteristics

Spoons typically have sleek upper bodies and have the best-looking arms of any of the body types. But because their upper bodies are considerably weaker and smaller in girth than other body types they're at greater risk for osteoporosis there, too. The flip side is that most Spoons, because of their muscle mass and weight below, are less likely to develop osteoporosis in their hips and lower limbs. Spoons typically have excellent lower flexibility and are good with sports or movements that require lower-body strength and coordination. Ballet dancers, tap dancers, and ballroom dancers are good examples of in-shape Spoons. They also typically shy away from sports that require upper-body strength because of their weaker upper bodies.

Spoons usually have shortish legs and a long torso, thus making their legs appear larger than they actually are. If they lack good hamstring (back-of-the-legs) flexibility, they have a propensity for lower back pain. Overall, though, most Spoons do have great hamstring flexibility because of a higher fat content in that region. Their good flexibility means Spoons can work out vigorously with little risk of injury. They tend to carry the most mass on the saddlebag region (just below the hips and on the outside of the thigh), and some carry a lot of weight or mass in their hips. The good news for Spoons is that it is relatively easy to reduce these problem areas. Because of the disparity between their lower and upper bodies, once they start to slim down, the change for the better is hard to miss. The key is to perform a lot of light-resistance aerobic exercise combined with loads of lower-body calisthenics. With time and perseverance, Spoons can completely alter their shape for the better, but most likely will forever need to stay away from lower-body exercises with any resistance or weights.

Having trouble picturing a Spoon body? Find out which celebrities share this shape!

Best Exercises for Escaping Your Spoon Shape

Jumping rope with a speed rope

Stationary biking with light resistance only and high RPMs (90 to 120)

Jumping jacks

Ski machines with light resistance for lower body and high resistance for upper body

Standing knee to opposite chest, L-kicks, leg-outs, one-legged leg lifts, and vertical scissors

Side leg lifts

Marching in place on toes

All variations of push-ups

Chin-ups, pull-ups

Dips

If overweight, fast walking or slow jogging with no incline or hills

If not overweight, all or any upper-body exercises with moderate to heavy weights and dead lifts with no weight

Exercises to Avoid if You Want to Escape Your Spoon Shape

Squats

Lunges

Leg presses

Leg extensions and leg curls

Ankle weights

All stair climbers/steppers

All step classes

Versa climbers

Long-distance running at high speeds

Sprinting

Roller blading

Sliding

Skating

Swimming

Kick-boxing

Spinning

All high-impact aerobic and exercise classes

All lower-body exercises with moderate to high resistance or weights

Walking or jogging on any sort of incline

Rowing with lower-body resistance

Jumping rope with a weighted rope

Inner-outer leg machines

Cross-country ski machine with lower-body resistance

Summary

As a Spoon, the rule of thumb is high reps and low resistance for all lower-body exercises, and moderate to high resistance for all upper-body exercises. If you're overweight, the resistance should not be too high for the upper body. You don't want to push out the fat as you build muscle underneath. Until you are at a weight and size you're happy with, do not increase the resistance or weight on any exercise, but rather increase the frequency and number of repetitions to continue to burn off fat and inches.

For the complete Spoon Workout, check out Escape Your Shape by Edward Jackowski, Ph.D. "

sumisan
08-28-2007, 07:00 AM
weight 172.5

no loss yet, it will come :)

sumisan
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Weight 170.5

scale is being insane needs a new battery, switched over to a cyclonic keto diet, no shakes this week. Always changing :) Oh well, thats just me. Hoping for a crazy loss tomorrow, maybe 168? Maybe not rofl but I will take anything :)

sumisan
09-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Oops its been a week since I was here last. What has happened?

Well I did my version of the diet until Friday then I took my two days off and.... started P90x on Monday!

So far I like it. Plyo was killer but I survived... but in a bit of pain up until yoga yesterday, I stretched like gumby and got rid of every pain.

But since I am doing the X I am using their nutrition plan. A lot of food. I havent really gained anything though... just staying the same so far. I was expecting a gain. So that is good :) I will be taking weekly progress pics so the first ones come on Sunday :)

sumisan
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I guess I shoul take those progress pics but I got sick! Stomach flu. UGH. Nasty business. $^$&%& I dont recommend it to ANYONE!

I ate horribly due to it and missed one workout. I am not going to let it derail me, that is just life. So back on tomorrow since I am feeling better today, must have been a 24 hour bug. Today its more like a headache and allergies. Weird :)

Saint Mike
09-23-2007, 12:21 AM
How have you been doing, Sumisan?