PDA

View Full Version : started velocity diet yesterday !

lose10kilos
07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
hey all

to try and lose the last 20 pounds of my body i have decided to do velocity diet, hopefully finish it in 27 days ( cant do it on the 28 day cuz i have a this family thing coming on that day, but will do it for 27 days).

iam gonna take 9 scopps of casein protein.
fish oil capsules

gonna b around 1600 calories on workoutdays
1400 calories non workout days

startin weight 184 ( lilttle bit of water from weekend but not much )

i have heard its not really required to do a lot of cardio in this diet, but ill do it once iam in to second week. do weights hopefully if i have energy 5 times a week. hopefully in 28 days iam 20 pounds lighter !

any advice on my diet is much appreciated !

SoopamehnX
07-29-2007, 05:09 PM
don't forget to take fibre supplements and multivitams because your not going to get a whole lot from shakes. One thing that is helping me is chewing sugar free gum to help curb the appetite. my 2 cents hope it helps

lose10kilos
07-29-2007, 05:10 PM
i had 5 protein shakes.
fish oil capsules

for workout i did 50 mins high intense weights.

weighed in today morning at just under 181 pounds ( so lost abt 3 pounds from day 1, but think its all water).

26 more to go !!

lose10kilos
07-29-2007, 05:11 PM
don't forget to take fibre supplements and multivitams because your not going to get a whole lot from shakes. One thing that is helping me is chewing sugar free gum to help curb the appetite. my 2 cents hope it helps

hmm, whole lot of what? lol

and the gum, might buy some 2day, thx !

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
well there goes day 2 !

pretty much same like day 1, i did 50 mins of high intense weights.

had 5 protein shakes
fish oil capsules
milled flax seeds ( cuz ppl have told me to buy em )
chewing gum to get rid of the hunger lol ( thznks soopa :D )

weighed in today morning at 180 pounds ( so that shuld all b my water weight gone i would think) startng weight was around 184.

2 done, 25 more to go !!

SoopamehnX
07-30-2007, 05:54 PM
good job on day 2!!! lost 4-5lbs of water weight myself hehe...n e ways toss in some fibre as it is a part of the velocity diet just IMO

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=F5897545A12923D76F4E53AAA8 B6D376.hydra?id=546491&pageNo=0#bottom

jhf
07-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice work! You are almost over the hard part of the diet. Love to see other people doing well. Keep it up:)

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 08:39 PM
these pics r from abt 1 month before i started this velocity diet, think on that pic iam around 184 pounds tho. so not much diff. ill post the after pics once i finish ( if i finish lol :D )

OFFCOURSE ILL FINISH !!

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice work! You are almost over the hard part of the diet. Love to see other people doing well. Keep it up:)

thx mate, and yeh i hope the hard part is over... :D

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
good job on day 2!!! lost 4-5lbs of water weight myself hehe...n e ways toss in some fibre as it is a part of the velocity diet just IMO

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=F5897545A12923D76F4E53AAA8 B6D376.hydra?id=546491&pageNo=0#bottom

will do ! :D

jhf
07-30-2007, 08:46 PM
One quick suggestion, keep taking pics of yourself on a weekly basis. Same pose same distance, same lighting conditions. I've found it's helped me out a lot seeing concrete differences which aren't always noticeable in the mirror. Especially helpful since you might hit a week where your weight might not change alot but the pics and measurements will still show a difference.

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 08:54 PM
One quick suggestion, keep taking pics of yourself on a weekly basis. Same pose same distance, same lighting conditions. I've found it's helped me out a lot seeing concrete differences which aren't always noticeable in the mirror. Especially helpful since you might hit a week where your weight might not change alot but the pics and measurements will still show a difference.

ok, no worries. the distance is simple cuz its taken from where my computer is to my room door :D

so will do !

lose10kilos
07-31-2007, 02:53 PM
days doesnt change much on a velocity diet, does it?

5 protein shakes
fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamins

also did 50 mins weights ( but my energy was down, probably the body just adjusting...i hope..)

weighed in at 180 punds ( so no lose for day 3, meh atleast my water weight is gone so everythin i lose from now on will b fat, so iam looking forward)

3 done ! 24 more to go ! :D

lose10kilos
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
hey guys, day 4 is done !

5 protein shakes
fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamins

also did 50 mins weights ( energy was really really down, any idea why? )

and weighed in and was just under 180 pounds but not by much ( so havent lost much on day 3 or 4 )

day 4 done, 23 more to go !

lose10kilos
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
havent been losin pretty much nothin on day 3 or 4, wat u guys think the problem is?

jhf
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't worry to much, yer body is probably trying to still figure out what yer doin to it.. There were a few days where I didn't really see anything happening and one week where i only lost half a pound.

lose10kilos
08-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't worry to much, yer body is probably trying to still figure out what yer doin to it.. There were a few days where I didn't really see anything happening and one week where i only lost half a pound.

oh ok, we will c wat happens on day 5

askinside
08-02-2007, 01:10 AM
yeah that seems to be a common thing - if you check thru a bunch of other threads - you'll see that they hit a little plateau for a bit. so don't get discourgaed - that shiit is normal.

you know, you should maybe consider some pics without your shirt on [no homo of course] so you can really see the difference. that shirt is gonna make it hard to notice a whole lot. i mean, even if you don't post it up - just so you can really compare for yourself. i'm a rookie on this diet too ... today is just day three ... but it might be something to consider!

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 02:01 AM
yeah that seems to be a common thing - if you check thru a bunch of other threads - you'll see that they hit a little plateau for a bit. so don't get discourgaed - that shiit is normal.

you know, you should maybe consider some pics without your shirt on [no homo of course] so you can really see the difference. that shirt is gonna make it hard to notice a whole lot. i mean, even if you don't post it up - just so you can really compare for yourself. i'm a rookie on this diet too ... today is just day three ... but it might be something to consider!

yah mate i kno wat u mean, iam a little self complexed abt postin a pic like that. but i have a pic like that for myself. and maybe after v diet i can post a pic without shirt on lol.

anyways goodluck with ur diet, hard part is day 1-3 then gets easier like every1 else who tried it before says :D

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 02:03 AM
hey guys, i just have a question

because we take a protein shake like every 3 hours on this diet, will our metobolism b good? or because its just a supplement diet is it gonna b bad?

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 02:58 AM
hey guys, i just have a question

because we take a protein shake like every 3 hours on this diet, will our metobolism b good? or because its just a supplement diet is it gonna b bad?

It will be fine, it usuall slows down after week 2, but mine didn't......

But then again I was on three fat burners, lol. Hey it worked :D And i'm still loosing now after the v diet :D

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 04:03 AM
It will be fine, it usuall slows down after week 2, but mine didn't......

But then again I was on three fat burners, lol. Hey it worked :D And i'm still loosing now after the v diet :D

yah mate, i have been followin ur log and the reason y i started v diet :D.

reakon i shuld use a fat burner or will i b ok without it? i dont really wanna take 1 if i dont have to.... i am one of those ppl who r aginst fat burners i guess lol :D

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 04:05 AM
It worked well for me so of course i'm gonna say take it, but it's upto u.

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 05:49 AM
It worked well for me so of course i'm gonna say take it, but it's upto u.

k mate, i think ill w8 till 2nd week,and c wat happens from there...

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 06:02 AM
k mate, i think ill w8 till 2nd week,and c wat happens from there...

Should help a bit and even if you don't notice a bigger loss once you in week three it will help as you metabolism will start to slow and you constantly be keeping it spiked.

jhf
08-02-2007, 07:19 AM
I started the diet with fat burners and then decided against them and have been doing marvelously... I'm still not sold on the whole fat burner concept. I think they are more effective as appetite killers... dunno they make me wary.

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 03:28 PM
hey guys, day 5 is done !

5 protein shakes
fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamins

also did 50 mins weights ( energy back to normal, think the body has adjusted :D )

weighed in - 179 pounds ( starting weight 184 )
so far 5 pounds in 5 days but most so far has been water...

day 5 done, 22 more to go !

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
maybe i have to start doin some cardio, last 3 days havent lost much. wat u guys think? or is this normal? like is this howmuch most ppl will lose?

jhf
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
If you click on my bodyspace I kept a fairly consistent log of my weight change. You can see where the water weight came off and then the slop evens out a bit, dipped up and took off again.

Also if yer uncomfortable about postin yer pic, just chop the head off on the pic. Heh, I did and it wasn't so bad... nice thing about internet anonymity. Besides the pics help everyone else like us before we started the V-Diet. Worth 1000 words!

Nice work, keep it up !

and yes, put in a good ammount of low intensity cardio. It will help.

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
If you click on my bodyspace I kept a fairly consistent log of my weight change. You can see where the water weight came off and then the slop evens out a bit, dipped up and took off again.

Also if yer uncomfortable about postin yer pic, just chop the head off on the pic. Heh, I did and it wasn't so bad... nice thing about internet anonymity. Besides the pics help everyone else like us before we started the V-Diet. Worth 1000 words!

Nice work, keep it up !

and yes, put in a good ammount of low intensity cardio. It will help.

k thx a lot mate, ill post the pics on the last day when i finish the diet. and mite start some low intensity cardio too by today.

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 04:58 AM
have decided not to weigh myself each day from today, it dissappoints me lol, gonna weigh after each week

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 05:15 AM
have decided not to weigh myself each day from today, it dissappoints me lol, gonna weigh after each week

Good choice, i weight every day as I needed to know, loss or gain or same weight, grr evil scale.

Stay awy form it...

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 05:29 AM
Good choice, i weight every day as I needed to know, loss or gain or same weight, grr evil scale.

Stay awy form it...

very evil lol !

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 05:41 AM
very evil lol !

x2 x3 x4 x5

lol

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
and there goes day 6....

5 protein shakes
fish oil capsules
flax seeds
multivitamins
(easiet meal plan to make in the world for a diet lol )

i also did 35 mins low intensity cardio on stationary bike.( is this good or will walkin b much more better on this diet?)

and havent weighed in, i decided to do it every week.

day 6 done 21 more to go !

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 02:59 PM
day 7 is suppose to b the refeed day rite? but is it k if i not have a refed till next week? i think just started losin the fat till now its all been water weiht in the first 5 days, so dont wanna gain all water weight back and try lose it again second week lol

fkn_give_me_abs
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
day 7 is suppose to b the refeed day rite? but is it k if i not have a refed till next week? i think just started losin the fat till now its all been water weiht in the first 5 days, so dont wanna gain all water weight back and try lose it again second week lol

in the long run a healthy refeed is beneficial. It boosts metabolism and will also keep you sane!!!

You could even have a nice salad and some lean meat and it might be the same amount of calories as a shake or two, so just cut out one or two shakes later in the day and you'll still be taking in the same amount of cals as normal thus still losing weight.

Keep up the good work mate!!

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 05:39 PM
in the long run a healthy refeed is beneficial. It boosts metabolism and will also keep you sane!!!

You could even have a nice salad and some lean meat and it might be the same amount of calories as a shake or two, so just cut out one or two shakes later in the day and you'll still be taking in the same amount of cals as normal thus still losing weight.

Keep up the good work mate!!

alrite mate, thanks

jhf
08-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Heh, I skipped my first "cheat" meal... still callin it that cause it feels like cheating but I skipped it cause I was scared and was feeling good with the diet at the time. After I had my first one on week 2 it wasn't hard to go back to the shakes at all so I'd say enjoy yer meal. Just keep it healthy and to be honest when I was looking at the menu the non healthy stuff didn't look nearly as appealing as the healthy items. Good work man, way to make it through the first week like a champ!

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Heh, I skipped my first "cheat" meal... still callin it that cause it feels like cheating but I skipped it cause I was scared and was feeling good with the diet at the time. After I had my first one on week 2 it wasn't hard to go back to the shakes at all so I'd say enjoy yer meal. Just keep it healthy and to be honest when I was looking at the menu the non healthy stuff didn't look nearly as appealing as the healthy items. Good work man, way to make it through the first week like a champ!

thx for the support mate, maybe ill have some chicken breast with a lil salad :D

lose10kilos
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM
hey guys,

did have my solid meal yesterday ( chicken breast with salad ).
only had 3 protein shakes the other time to try and keep cals under low as possible.

was also my offday from gym and nocardio either.

not going to weigh in cuz i know it wouldve gone up a lil after that cheat meal, so ill wait ill next week and weigh !

day 7 done 20 more to go !

SoopamehnX
08-04-2007, 08:50 PM
did the chicken taste good? mmmm chicken.... i had the same thing except i had a potatoe instead of a salad...

lose10kilos
08-04-2007, 09:44 PM
did the chicken taste good? mmmm chicken.... i had the same thing except i had a potatoe instead of a salad...

hell yeah !!!

now its back to protein shakes ! :(

lose10kilos
08-05-2007, 04:54 AM
hey guys cant come and do a update tommorow morning, so decided to do it tonight..

i had 4 protein shakes
flax seeds
multivitamin
fish oil capsules

also 50 mins high intense weights

u guys mite wonder y i only did 4 protein shakes today? well in the evening i culdnt resist eating this sandwich, would reakon it was maybe like only 200 calories. so decided to not drink 1 shake. lol was thinkin abt not eating a solid meal till next week and end up eating 2 in 2 days....

reakon eating that sandwich is gonna have an affect on my diet toomuch??

day 8 done 19 more to go !!!!

lose10kilos
08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
hey guys, had uni yesterday, so got home late....

i had 4 protein shakes
flax seeds
multivitamin
fish oil capsules

still managed to go gym and do 50 mins weights !!

day 9 done 18 more to go !!

cmyerssurf
08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
awesome dude!, keep on rollin'!

lose10kilos
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
hey guys

i had 4 protein shakes
flax seeds
multivitamin
fish oil capsules

also 50 mins weights

weighed myself today at 80.4kg(176lbs), so lost abt 8 pounds so far !

cant wait till the scale goes down under 80 kgs, havent seen that in a while lol !!!!

day 10 done 17 more to go !

lose10kilos
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
hey guys

i had 4 protein shakes
flax seeds
multivitamin
fish oil capsules

also 50 mins weights

my lifts was ausome yesterday, most of em went up. so doin velocity my strenght has gone up !!!!!

and weighed in: 79.8 kgs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iam under 80 kgs and that hasnt happened for a while lol !!!!!!

velocity diet rocks !

day 11 done 16 more to go ! :D

FrostFox
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
and weighed in: 79.8 kgs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iam under 80 kgs and that hasnt happened for a while lol !!!!!!

velocity diet rocks !

day 11 done 16 more to go ! :D

Great work! I am jealous of your reps, btw. Maybe I should have pretended to be a chick in my journal so I can lots of reps fast, lol. :)

lose10kilos
08-10-2007, 02:03 AM
changing houses this week !!!! so u guys wont b seeing my updates for a while, i wont b having my broadband installed for a while.

but dont worry ill take my progress pic on the 28 days and ill let u guys know how i went with the diet the minute i get the broadband at my new house !!!

u guys r great and without this site i wouldnt have even thought abt changing my eating and exercise habits!!

thx a lot guys !!!!!!!!

VELOCITY DIET ROCKS !!!

cheeeeeeers !!!!!