PDA

View Full Version : 6 hours of back to back classes, what/how can I eat??

skelooth
01-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Okay, Originally I was thinking of mixing up protein shakes in the hall way between classes....

BUT... c'mon... people are gonna think i'm weird as all hell. What am I going to do??? Shove half a tuna sandwich down my throat between eat class and let my breath stink?? :( :(

This is bad, need advice. I have until the 18th to figure this out. Thanks. I normally eat every 2-3 hours

VanillaBean_21
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Okay, Originally I was thinking of mixing up protein shakes in the hall way between classes....

BUT... c'mon... people are gonna think i'm weird as all hell. What am I going to do??? Shove half a tuna sandwich down my throat between eat class and let my breath stink?? :( :(

This is bad, need advice. I have until the 18th to figure this out. Thanks. I normally eat every 2-3 hours

I'd eat the sandwhich between classes. Or goto the bathroom and eat in there. LOL I have mid-terms next week and I plan on just eating something in class. lol

VegasBabyVegas
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
protein bars, beef jerky, protein shakes, take a sandwich with you, milk chugs.

if you're worried about bad breath, what about gum or listerine strips?

saw14
01-11-2005, 02:02 PM
F**K other people skel, this your health and your quest. people can stare all they want and then they can go have a big mac or two. and when the time comes they will be asking you for nutrition advice. i take food to class with me all the time. tuna, brown rice, spinach/ast veggies, yams, beans, chicken, oats, fruit, anything i want to eat ill take and eat it. if people questio it i make up an excuse. i dont want to offend anyone with this, but i have used the excuse that im diabetic before, so i need to eat to stabilize my blood sugar because it drops too low. if that offends anyone i apologize in advance.

uhockey
01-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Today, while in class, I ate the following:
150g chicken, 100g sweet potato, 1 tbsp flax seed, 50g apple, tsp cinnamon.
50g oats, 1 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1/2 tbsp natty PB, Davinci Banana.
2 slices Ezekiel Bread, 1 can tuna, 0.5oz almonds, 3 fish oil caps.

Point is, why the hell do you care what people think? Is your life about you or about them?

tank03
01-11-2005, 02:04 PM
eat granola bars/protein bars or something small that you can carry in your pocket while in class...you're in college right? I seriously doubt the teacher will say anything about that unless its something that can be smelled or has been cooked. Carry your protein shake to class in bottle and drink it while in the lecture.

Don't worry about what ppl think...they prolly don't even know your name or remember that you were drinking a protein shake in the hall next month.

You think Coleman or Arnold would have cared what people would think if they saw them walking down the street eating tuna sandwiches or walking around w/ a protein shake? ...Forget about it

uhockey
01-11-2005, 02:06 PM
F**K other people skel, this your health and your quest. people can stare all they want and then they can go have a big mac or two. and when the time comes they will be asking you for nutrition advice. i take food to class with me all the time. tuna, brown rice, spinach/ast veggies, yams, beans, chicken, oats, fruit, anything i want to eat ill take and eat it. if people questio it i make up an excuse. i dont want to offend anyone with this, but i have used the excuse that im diabetic before, so i need to eat to stabilize my blood sugar because it drops too low. if that offends anyone i apologize in advance.

**** saw, that offends me. If someone asked me (and they have) I simply tell them I eat what I need to feed my body. If they press for more info, it gives me a chance to lecture/teach/preach. We live in the fattest country in the world and I'm supposed to care that someone thinks it's weird to eat tuna and flax? F@ck that noise.

saw14
01-11-2005, 02:11 PM
**** saw, that offends me. If someone asked me (and they have) I simply tell them I eat what I need to feed my body. If they press for more info, it gives me a chance to lecture/teach/preach. We live in the fattest country in the world and I'm supposed to care that someone thinks it's weird to eat tuna and flax? F@ck that noise.
lol, people in drawing class thinks it strange when we are doing long duration figure drawings and ill pull out some food, ive used it a few times before as an excuse, other then that i say i care what i eat and its important to me when i eat. if they dont like that then too bad for them.

skelooth
01-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Problem is, there is a school policy that we are not allowed to have anything to eat or drink in class.

So no matter what I do/eat, it has to be done in the 10 minute time span between classes... and most of my teachers NEVER let classes out early, EVER.

Last semester I was eating a protein bar in between two periods, and the looks I got from some of the girls and classmates was horrific... they made me feel like I was some kind of ****ing weirdo for eating a protein bar... and I had just enough time to eat it (Those things are chewy as a bitch).

VegasBabyVegas
01-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Problem is, there is a school policy that we are not allowed to have anything to eat or drink in class.

So no matter what I do/eat, it has to be done in the 10 minute time span between classes... and most of my teachers NEVER let classes out early, EVER.

Last semester I was eating a protein bar in between two periods, and the looks I got from some of the girls and classmates was horrific... they made me feel like I was some kind of ****ing weirdo for eating a protein bar... and I had just enough time to eat it (Those things are chewy as a bitch).

again... protein shakes and milk chugs then. you can finish them fast.

uhockey
01-11-2005, 02:17 PM
First, I can eat all 3 of those meals I listed in 5 minutes. Second, I'm sorry, but you're a pussy and will never achieve your goals if you always care what people think about you.

saw14
01-11-2005, 02:17 PM
you are too worried about what other people think skel, dont. these are the same people that think the best way to diet is to eat salad for every meal and thats it. if you have 10 minutes, use it to your advantage. if a prof is keeping you longer then the alloted time, get up and leave. your class is over, if you get up other people will as well, and when that happens the professor will realize he/she has gone over time.

ps...you'll have to excuse uhockey, he's always angry around this time of day, lol.:)

skelooth
01-11-2005, 02:22 PM
First, I can eat all 3 of those meals I listed in 5 minutes. Second, I'm sorry, but you're a pussy and will never achieve your goals if you always care what people think about you.

lol no way man, i can barely eat a protein bar in 10 minutes. But my dentist once told me I have a small mouth for a big guy, haha.

uhockey
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Just do what you can and don't let anyone get in the way of your goals man.

ps. Saw, I'm hurt :)

RipStone
01-11-2005, 02:29 PM
If someone gives you a wierd look who cares man. And if someone asked you what you are eating just tell them. If they think eating cottage cheese is strange just explain to them you like to eat healthy. If they still question you show them your 6-pack and that will shut them up...hehe. Most peole will forget about these stupiod things in about 1 minnute anyways.

tank03
01-11-2005, 02:32 PM
But my dentist once told me I have a small mouth for a big guy, haha.

...I wonder how he came to that conclusion...*nudge, nudge*

ROTFL, jk...haha

Riceboi
01-11-2005, 03:37 PM

ROTFL, jk...haha

eewwwww

LiL_JaY
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
eat ya tuna, just get a sugarfree mint lollie and suck on it after you finish eatting. or get chicken if you worried.

or make your own protien bar, im sure there are some REALLY good homemade protien bars in this board, just search for them, and i wouldent recommend beef jerkys everyday.

just wait till you will be walking around with 19" guns, i dont think they will be complaining anymore.

Luski16
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
lol you cant eat a protein bar in 10 minutes? You must really savor every bite ;)

Just eat whatever you want and eat it fast. Dont enjoy it, food isnt meant to be enjoyed its meant to supply the body with nutrients, thats it.

i eat my chicken, rice, and broccoli at lunch every day and idc what people think

Thudd
01-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Most places don't allow food or drink into classrooms or lecture halls, but that never stopped me. If I ever got asked why I was eating, I'd say "because I'm hungry." "Can't you wait until after class?" "No." Never got any further than that.

xxghostxx
01-11-2005, 10:20 PM

Haha ever see that Sienfeld where as Jerry is waking up from his anesthetic he sees the nurse and dentist buttoning up their shirts? This made me think of that right off the bat. But to add to this thread, today was the first day in a 200 student lecture class with the most clustered together, tiny, student seats. The first thing I did was make it very obvious that I'd be eating in that class.... so i had to pull out the smelly tuna sandwhich on ezekiel. It was lovely!

dressagerulz23
01-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Most places don't allow food or drink into classrooms or lecture halls, but that never stopped me. If I ever got asked why I was eating, I'd say "because I'm hungry." "Can't you wait until after class?" "No." Never got any further than that.Amen! :cool:

dilatedmind
01-11-2005, 11:02 PM
i dont know where the hell some of you guys goto school, but it would definatly not be appropriate if i tried to eat in class. Then again, my university is small enough that our classes are only about 25-35 people on average. Most classes are so crowded and quiet that it would be way akward.

ll ReNeGaDe ll
01-11-2005, 11:06 PM
We live in the fattest country in the world and I'm supposed to care that someone thinks it's weird to eat tuna and flax? F@ck that noise.

for real....

3doz
01-12-2005, 12:03 AM
On mondays i also have the same problems. Just take out some chicken after class and eat it while walking to your next class. Couple of bites and its done. 10 minutes should be plenty time to get a meal in.

Steve_W
01-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I always take food and I'll eat it anywhere (though having to go to the toilet to eat is kinda nasty).

When people ask me why I don't eat "normally" I just say "well, when I want to look like you, I'll eat like you."

Shuts them up most of the time.

JingleAllTheWAY
01-12-2005, 12:46 AM
eat ya tuna, just get a sugarfree mint lollie and suck on it after you finish eatting.

damn , sugarfree Mint Lollipops? where can i get that? sounds good.

btw, i think the original poster has other issues other than needing to get into shape. You need to overcome you insecurities and dependance on other peoples acceptance before you should even think about Bodybuilding. because when it comes to bodybuilding we do a lot of things that might seem wierd to other people.

ll ReNeGaDe ll
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
When people ask me why I don't eat "normally" I just say "well, when I want to look like you, I'll eat like you."

LMAO

saw14
01-12-2005, 05:27 AM
dont mess with Steve, he'll tell you how it is, haha.

paingame
01-12-2005, 05:29 AM
agreed i don't give a sh## what people think of me i was talking to some one at work and the next min im eating a can of tuna and some pre cooked sweet potato and they asked me what are you doing and i said eating , they then called me weird and walked off.

skelooth
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
damn , sugarfree Mint Lollipops? where can i get that? sounds good.

btw, i think the original poster has other issues other than needing to get into shape. You need to overcome you insecurities and dependance on other peoples acceptance before you should even think about Bodybuilding. because when it comes to bodybuilding we do a lot of things that might seem wierd to other people.

I'm cool with who I am, but some of the looks I get from people are outrageous :P

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestion guys. I think I'm going to experiment with home made protein bars, and eat a small one between each class, that should keep the ole metabolism up :) I don't like store bought protein bars... too chewy and sweet, yuck :P

RxFigure
01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
i dont want to offend anyone with this, but i have used the excuse that im diabetic before, so i need to eat to stabilize my blood sugar because it drops too low. if that offends anyone i apologize in advance.

I don't feel guilty about it at all. I've used that excuse several times to take my chicken and rice into movies. There's not a thing that they sell that I can eat, so if they won't provide healthy alternatives, I'll have to make do.

As far as eating in classes, I'm a student too, so I know how you feel. I get teased all the time for eating cold chicken and veggies in the middle of class, but be damned if I care. Most of the people I sit by know why I'm doing it. They laugh, but they're pretty supportive overall. Just tell them that you have to eat every two hours, and leave it at that. The best investment I ever made was a FoodSaver vacuum packer (ok, so it was a christmas present)...I can pack all my meals and they take up next to no space in my backpack. I just carry a little pair of scissors and cut them open when I need them. You could try putting your protein shake in a non-see-through water bottle if it embarasses you. Here are some other portable food ideas:

Vacuum packed anything
hard boiled eggs
protein bars
chicken salad
"ultra" low carb yogurt
carrot/cucumber sticks
fat-free cheese cubes
tuna sandwich + sf gum
a tupperware with dry oatmeal + a thermos with hot water in it
small tupperware with 2 tbsps natty pb and a sliced apple
small tupperware with cottage cheese in it

If you need more ideas, feel free to pm me....I've got a huge list of meals that I take with me :)

~Kristine

Maximum6
01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
just easily tell them you're bodybuilding...but if you're scrawny and really skinny..that isn't really a great excuse :D

I never told anybody i was bodybuilding...and then just a couple days ago...people were asking me "Do you lift weights? you look big"....mostly from girls :D

...plus...i usually eat my lunch around my friends..and they all think i'm "buff" as they say...for my size. they always ask why i eat the same thing everyday. I simply say..i need the calories. I simply tell them what i'm doing...if they ask.
Simple as that....they aren't people if they don't understand that! They're jerks and bitches!