PDA

View Full Version : Protein and fish oil..

bgt_12
07-28-2007, 12:05 PM
New to supplements need some advice from someone more advanced.. I wanna start taking protein powder.. Can i just take the powder or do i have to take fish oil and other things.. I read that fish oil is fat, how can it be good for weight lifting if its fat? I always read what people take and it seems like alot of things.. do i need it all? Can i just take the protein? thanks for all comments..

Rocky31694
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
New to supplements need some advice from someone more advanced.. I wanna start taking protein powder.. Can i just take the powder or do i have to take fish oil and other things.. I read that fish oil is fat, how can it be good for weight lifting if its fat? I always read what people take and it seems like alot of things.. do i need it all? Can i just take the protein? thanks for all comments..

You can take just the protein powder if you want, but keep in mind that it's not going to do much other than help you reach your daily protein intake, so if you aren't getting enough in the first place the protein powder won't do much either. Fish oil is EFA's, they are good for health etc.

kEEnan6
07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
What's your diet look like?

Sixpack
07-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Both are great for starters, add in a mutlivitamin and you are set, don't depend on whey , try to get most of your protein from whole food sources