PDA

View Full Version : I have Supps down now I need Diet..

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 08:59 AM
I know I know... always get diet down before adding Supps... well it's easier to go spend money than it is to change your ways of eatting... I climb atleast one Wind Turbine a day averaged out so I pretty much get my cardio in at work as I dont do cardio at the gym.

My Basic Metabolic Rate: 1940cals just sitting all day everyday I burn that...
When I excercise 3 times a week just for maintance it jumps up to 2668cals and thats just for maintance... So I'm wanting to jump up my Cals to about 3000 or more to gain some weight... I'd like to get atleast 100-120grams of protein out of solid food the rest I will make up for in whey/casein.

You can see the supps I'm taking now in my sig.

I try to eat clean but what really is the definition of clean food? I'm going to try to eat meals a day but that is hard when you never know if you will be 250feet off the ground all day... So I can't always eat the way I want.

My shopping list..does it look like yours?

Water
Chocolate Milk
Tea black, white, green
Nature Valley Oats n Honey Granola bars
yogurt 2 a day (stomach issues it helps)
broccoli
green beans
Mixed Fruit Cups
club multi grain crackers
natural peanut butter
Hamburger (somewhat lean)
Chicken
Olive Oil
Almonds
Oatmeal
Rice
Steak
Green Bell Peppers
tortillas
2 doz. eggs
Potatos
bananas
Honey
Sliced roast beef, turkey breast
colby jack cheese
triscuits
cottage cheese
V8 organic
Fish
Sapgetti/goolash Stuff

What should I add?

REPS thanks guys...

cal62887
07-28-2007, 09:02 AM
chicken, almonds

Sibrek
07-28-2007, 09:02 AM
if you're eating 100% clean get rid of the triscuits, v8, and crackers...probably the yogurt.

but noone needs to or should eat 100% clean

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
chicken, almonds

LoL I had that stuff so it wasn't on my list but yes I ment to put that on there thanks!

if you're eating 100% clean get rid of the triscuits, v8, and crackers...probably the yogurt.

but noone needs to or should eat 100% clean

I buy Low Sodium Triscuits and the V8 8oz a day just because I'm low on vegies... unless there is a better product to make up for my lack of veggies/fruits.

roxy42277
07-28-2007, 09:14 AM
why the raman?

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 09:17 AM
why the ramana?

52grams of carbs mostly... and I eat 2 packages at once so 100 grams of carbs in 5 min... I dont use the seasoning like your suppose to either..

Sibrek
07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
LoL I had that stuff so it wasn't on my list but yes I ment to put that on there thanks!

I buy Low Sodium Triscuits and the V8 8oz a day just because I'm low on vegies... unless there is a better product to make up for my lack of veggies/fruits.

you can try vegetables ;)

edit: didn't notice ramen...definitely get rid of that. get easy cook brown rice or something .ramen noodles are deep fried in advance, i've heard

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
you can try vegetables ;)

edit: didn't notice ramen...definitely get rid of that. get easy cook brown rice or something .ramen noodles are deep fried in advance, i've heard

Really... wow yeah that doesnt sound very good at all... Scratch them... yeah I'm trying to eat more raw vegies.. and some cooked!

EDIT: 1000th Post... YEAH!!!!

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Bump... I'm trying for 205lbs by January 1st...but would be really hard to do w/o alot of fat. But really I want to be 195 atleast by then... thanks!

Skull Crusher Chris
07-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Bump... I'm trying for 205lbs by January 1st...but would be really hard to do w/o alot of fat. But really I want to be 195 atleast by then... thanks!

You have a pretty good list there, in addition to the chicken and almonds. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the V8, raw or steamed vegetables are a much better choice IMO. You get all the fiber and vitamins associated with them.

Good luck and liking the stack:)

sanan
07-28-2007, 05:26 PM
kidney beans, spinach and tuna ;)

Skull Crusher Chris
07-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Good call on the spinach, one of my favorites, rich in magnesium.

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 05:36 PM
You have a pretty good list there, in addition to the chicken and almonds. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is the V8, raw or steamed vegetables are a much better choice IMO. You get all the fiber and vitamins associated with them.

Good luck and liking the stack:)

yeah I'm working on raw veggies... or steam in bag vegies... it's easy! Thanks I love my stack but I'm wanting to get WF V2... maybe a sample... ;)

I could do the spinach and tuna but the beans I dunno... Thanks!

Skull Crusher Chris
07-28-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah I'm working on raw veggies... or steam in bag vegies... it's easy! Thanks I love my stack but I'm wanting to get WF V2... maybe a sample... ;)

Great to hear you're working on the veggies, very important IMO.

Sorry but no WF V2 samples as of now:(

I could do the spinach and tuna but the beans I dunno... Thanks!

I'm not a bean fan either:mad:

gountilfailure0
07-28-2007, 05:44 PM
sweet potatoes and milk raman and the crackers no need for them really but i mean if ur getting cardio in it isnt going to kill u also add some organic almond butter and use power peanut butter

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 05:58 PM
sweet potatoes and milk raman and the crackers no need for them really but i mean if ur getting cardio in it isnt going to kill u also add some organic almond butter and use power peanut butter

I dont really eat Raman or crackers that often but I like to put peanut butter on the crackers and eat that as a snack. I drink Chocolate milk PostWO with my Whey... Everytime I drink milk I get a stomachace so I dont drink much... and i can't stand White Milk.. I'll look into this Almond butter that sounds good and i'll have to look into power peanut butter also... I'm on it thanks reps when recharge!

gountilfailure0
07-28-2007, 06:04 PM
yeah if ur gonna eat pb might as well get 32 grams of protein a serving right?:) its blended with essential fatty acids as well

sLiPpErYwEt
07-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Very True! Thanks!!!

roxy42277
07-28-2007, 08:00 PM
52grams of carbs mostly... and I eat 2 packages at once so 100 grams of carbs in 5 min... I dont use the seasoning like your suppose to either..
there are better carb options than those. Raman is horrible.. whole wheet pasta instead or oats or brown rice sweet pt

Skull Crusher Chris
07-29-2007, 04:36 AM
there are better carb options than those. Raman is horrible.. whole wheet pasta instead or oats or brown rice sweet pt

Yep those are definitely better sources if you can get them. Oats are by far my favorite food!

The Solution
07-29-2007, 07:07 AM
I know I know... always get diet down before adding Supps... well it's easier to go spend money than it is to change your ways of eatting... I climb atleast one Wind Turbine a day averaged out so I pretty much get my cardio in at work as I dont do cardio at the gym.

My Basic Metabolic Rate: 1940cals just sitting all day everyday I burn that...
When I excercise 3 times a week just for maintance it jumps up to 2668cals and thats just for maintance... So I'm wanting to jump up my Cals to about 3000 or more to gain some weight... I'd like to get atleast 100-120grams of protein out of solid food the rest I will make up for in whey/casein.

You can see the supps I'm taking now in my sig.

I try to eat clean but what really is the definition of clean food? I'm going to try to eat meals a day but that is hard when you never know if you will be 250feet off the ground all day... So I can't always eat the way I want.

My shopping list..does it look like yours?

Water
Chocolate Milk <--- drop for skim or regular milk
Tea black, white, green
Nature Valley Oats n Honey Granola bars <--- drop this and get quaker or steel cut oats
yogurt 2 a day (stomach issues it helps) <--- maybe cottage cheese instead?
broccoli
green beans
Mixed Fruit Cups
club multi grain crackers <--- replace with WW bread
natural peanut butter
Hamburger (somewhat lean) <--- strive for 90-95% lean beef
Chicken
Olive Oil
Almonds
Oatmeal
Ramon Noodles <--- why? its crap
Rice <--- go for brown
Steak <--- lean cuts like sirlion are ur best bet
Green Bell Peppers
tortillas <--- drop this.. no need
2 doz. eggs
Potatos
bananas
Honey <-- straight carbs and sugars.. get rid of replace with some cinnamon powder beneficial to the body
Sliced roast beef, turkey breast
colby jack cheese
triscuits <-- drop
cottage cheese
V8 organic <--- drop and get more green veggies
Fish
Sapgetti/goolash Stuff <--- whole wheat pasta.. very calorie dense adn 100% better then regular

What should I add?

REPS thanks guys...

tuna
Buffalo
Hard Boiled Eggs
Whey Protein
Egg Whites / Beaters
Blueberries / Strawberries
Multivitamin

sLiPpErYwEt
07-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Yep those are definitely better sources if you can get them. Oats are by far my favorite food!

I love Oats also... I eat 2 cups everymorning... someday I hope to gain weight...

tuna
Buffalo
Hard Boiled Eggs
Whey Protein
Egg Whites / Beaters
Blueberries / Strawberries
Multivitamin

Eggs is on there, whey protein is in my sig along with my multiviatamin, I'll get strawberrys as that is my favorite thing to eat... buffalo i have not seen for sale around Iowa i'll look into it!