PDA

View Full Version : Question ???

PhillyB
10-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Is it possible to be a vegetarian and still gain mass??

thnx

Gottagetlean
10-24-2001, 06:27 PM
I'd like to hear the replies as well, but truthfully I seriously doubt it, especially if you are all the way vegan, no fish/eggs/dairy/animal products of any kind. I would think you'd be able to maintain what you already have with some serious supplementation (soy protein shakes, bars, etc), but as far as putting on more mass, I just can't see it happening.

PhillyB
10-24-2001, 06:35 PM
I'm just gettin started on a new vegan based diet for weight loss/health reasons. Right now i'm about 25 pounds overweight so i decided to go on a vegetarian diet except for Turkey and Tuna. I just wanted some opinions if I am headed in the right direction towards losing weight.

Any suggestions would be great :D

Gymrat
10-24-2001, 09:43 PM
My girl friend is a vegan and will not eat meat of any kind not even fish. So she can gain and retain muscle mass she eats protein bars, IE (solid protien or pure pros), drinks protein drinks, and eats nuts and nut butters.

Thats my two cents

Gymrat

MsFit
10-24-2001, 10:35 PM
You can add some lean muscle tissue on a vegetarian diet, but it may be just a bit slower. You will really need to watch you protein intake as some of it will be incomplete. Keep up the turkey, tuna, eggs, milk, cheese, yougurt, protein drinks and perhaps some bars................
MsFit

joe78
10-25-2001, 02:18 PM
I'm a pesca-vegetarian myself. I really don't have a hard time putting on muscle, so it's not impossible. It probably depends on your body composition and type as well. As long as you're getting the necessary nutrients, you should be fine and be able to reach your potential regardless.

BigBrother
11-08-2001, 11:50 PM
HAHA

seriously NO!

imfromdafeuchur
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
HAHA

seriously NO!

this is a useless post.

Panchode
02-26-2010, 07:45 PM
this is a useless post.

no, this is. nice 9yr bump

nicolemc
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I am vegan and so is my male friend who i go to the gym with. He has absolutely no problem getting proper macros and calories etc. if you have any doubts, check out veganbodybuilding .com

Everything you read about vegan/vegetarians not being able to gain mass, not being able to this or that is just a load of bull. They are more than capable.

Ndeserranno
02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
My girl friend is a vegan and will not eat meat of any kind not even fish. So she can gain and retain muscle mass she eats protein bars, IE (solid protien or pure pros), drinks protein drinks, and eats nuts and nut butters.

Thats my two cents

Gymrat

all meat? :(

Insight
02-26-2010, 10:41 PM
this is a useless post.

The irony abounds. you just bumped a 9 year old thread broski