PDA

View Full Version : Why must all snacks have trans fat in it?!

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-27-2007, 06:53 PM
For a treat I usually help myself to some animal crackers..well tonight I looked at the nutrition label and saw "partially hydrogenated soybean oil" ..ugh :/ I refuse to eat trans fat..so I guess it's good-bye to the animal crackers! I feel horrible for eating these and not knowing it contained trans fat cause it doesn't have it on the package..ugh.. Anyone else loose their favorite snack cause of this?

Skull Crusher Chris
07-27-2007, 06:56 PM
For a treat I usually help myself to some animal crackers..well tonight I looked at the nutrition label and saw "partially hydrogenated soybean oil" ..ugh :/ I refuse to eat trans fat..so I guess it's good-bye to the animal crackers! I feel horrible for eating these and not knowing it contained trans fat cause it doesn't have it on the package..ugh.. Anyone else loose their favorite snack cause of this?

Yeah I find it BS they can say "No trans fat per serving", very misleading.

I use to eat animal crackers all the time, sooo good.

v4lu3s
07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
my favorite snack is a protein bar, and i tend to be picky on those.
i haven't had a grocery store purchased snack in forever, but I am sure if you shop around you can find some healthier animal crackers. I used to have those all the time in high school, one bag of em and a sprite lol.

matthor
07-27-2007, 07:00 PM

looked at your pics, didnt notice any trans fats - wait, I'll double check. Nope not there... Maybe after a 3rd look...

Schlot16
07-27-2007, 07:02 PM
looked at your pics, didnt notice any trans fats - wait, I'll double check. Nope not there... Maybe after a 3rd look...

Rofl.. i checked as well.. but maybe not long enough? :D

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah I find it BS they can say "No trans fat per serving", very misleading.

I use to eat animal crackers all the time, sooo good.

yeah they are! I joke and call them animal crack* lol cause they are addicting!

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-27-2007, 07:05 PM

hey now :(

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-27-2007, 07:06 PM
my favorite snack is a protein bar, and i tend to be picky on those.
i haven't had a grocery store purchased snack in forever, but I am sure if you shop around you can find some healthier animal crackers. I used to have those all the time in high school, one bag of em and a sprite lol.

yeah I guess it wouldn't hurt to look :)

amberlynn72
07-27-2007, 07:11 PM

You can find animal crackers that are natural or organic ones..

JCAZ2010
07-27-2007, 07:55 PM
there's plenty of snacks that don't have trans fats....

baked chips, protein bars, pretzels, fruit etc...

damnglass
07-27-2007, 10:16 PM
there's plenty of snacks that don't have trans fats....

baked chips, protein bars, pretzels, fruit etc...

wait,fruit has no trans fats??ffs and i have ignored them thinking otherwise

Flex Appeal
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
For a treat I usually help myself to some animal crackers..well tonight I looked at the nutrition label and saw "partially hydrogenated soybean oil" ..ugh :/ I refuse to eat trans fat..so I guess it's good-bye to the animal crackers!

Don't worry, everyone knows that they are really made from animals. :D

Sibrek
07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Natures-EnviroKidz-Organic-Cookies-Chocolate/dp/B000E4ALIS

that was hard :P

if you want to be anal about .1g of trans fats, you get to be anal about buying specific brands of cookies

lunksunkunk
07-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Do what i do, bring a bag of peanuts w/ a full serving in it. Feel hungry? Chow on some peanuts, just dry roasted, NOT salted. Thats my snack every day almost, sad i know, but great source of clean carbs, healthy fats, and even protein.

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-28-2007, 12:46 AM
^^ yeah I should just start eating peanuts

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-28-2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Natures-EnviroKidz-Organic-Cookies-Chocolate/dp/B000E4ALIS

that was hard :P

if you want to be anal about .1g of trans fats, you get to be anal about buying specific brands of cookies

thanks, but some of that health food still has trans fat in it..

lunksunkunk
07-28-2007, 12:49 AM
thanks, but some of that health food still has trans fat in it..

Mother nature makes the best snacks in my opinion. I would rather eat a cup of blueberries w/ YES i know carbs, than a detour bar. Only exception is my ON whey, cant live w/o it lol.

xamadeix
07-28-2007, 12:54 AM
alittle trans fat wont kill you

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-28-2007, 12:55 AM

yes it will..

xamadeix
07-28-2007, 12:58 AM
no it wont, its a diet that consists of alot of trans fat over a long period time..thats when i'd worry.

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I was pretty much eating alot of stuff with partially hydrogenated oils in it, I just learned that this was trans fat..I'd just rather stay away from it.

xamadeix
07-28-2007, 01:04 AM
I was pretty much eating alot of stuff with partially hydrogenated oils in it, I just learned that this was trans fat..I'd just rather stay away from it.

me too :)

Skull Crusher Chris
07-28-2007, 03:40 AM

Good idea, much better off without them.

The Solution
07-28-2007, 03:42 AM
you will find that most things in the grocery store have trans fats in them.. the hydrogenated oils are put in there to perserve shelf life and keep them out on the counters longer so they do not go bad and the company can make profit off selling them and keeping them fresher for longer

thats why you tend to stay away from processed food because it contains these items..

Leonius
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Fruit is the best snack available in my opinion. No need to worry about quality control/what is in the processed snack and most taste pretty good.

pump32
07-28-2007, 05:48 AM
the quaker chewy bars used to be my favorite... then i looked on the back at the ingredients..partialy hydryogenated oil.... so im done with those

xl Achilles lx
07-28-2007, 05:52 AM
the quaker chewy bars used to be my favorite... then i looked on the back at the ingredients..partialy hydryogenated oil.... so im done with those

Oh man I'm a sucker for those choco chip quaker chewy bars. SO GOOD!!!

Jrich54338
07-28-2007, 05:58 AM
A great SNack is 2 pieces of wheat bread, sliced bananna's and natty pb, makes a great sandwich.

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-28-2007, 09:26 AM
thanks for the help, I guess I'm going to start eating fruit, I've never really been a fan of fruit, always loved veggies though.

blablabla686
07-28-2007, 09:48 AM
You don't have to eat peanuts.... try other kinds of nuts - brazilian, cashew, pine nuts and macadamia are my favorites. Macadamias are delicious, but expensive and very fatty, although macadamia nut oil is considered to be the healthiest oil available.

BabyBodybuilder
07-28-2007, 10:12 AM

Yeah, but neither will Cigaretttes, Alcohol, and Drugs..

Sibrek
07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
a little cigaretttes, alcohol, or drugs, won't kill you either.

minor amounts of trans fats are nothing to worry about...but i'd still stick away from garbage like cookies for other reasons

lunksunkunk
07-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Blueberries or Oranges the fruit of champions! lol.

amberlynn72
07-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Yea i used to LOVE those things..they were always on my list when i was younger..>now as far as granola bars go ...i get Cascadian Farm chocolate chip granola bars...Almost tastes the same and they are organic..My kids only like that flavor . I rarely get one ..they eat them all..lil bastards..lol

DMBsAmricanBaby
07-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I used to eat a whole box of those chewy bars in 2 days lol

OoFaP
07-29-2007, 12:47 PM
a little cigaretttes, alcohol, or drugs, won't kill you either.

minor amounts of trans fats are nothing to worry about...but i'd still stick away from garbage like cookies for other reasons

lol...so this is why you get negged

The same thing happened to me. I used to eat 2 chewey granola bars a day. Then I saw it said hydrogenated oil on the label during class. Luckily it was Halloween so I just gave them out to little kids....suckers.

and no trans fat won't kill you. If it did, you would be dead after all those animal crackers.

Edit: oops..I didn't see chewey bars were already mentioned.