PDA

View Full Version : Jumping on the Velocity Diet Bandwagon

fkn_give_me_abs
07-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Yo I've had my eye on the Velocity Diet for awhile, and noticed a lot of people have been trying it lately, so decided to give it a shot. Perhaps I can finally get some abs aha.

I'm currently around 184lbs, or 83kgs. I am not sure of my bf%, but am guessing around 20%.

pic i took this morning at rest:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/IMG_0042.jpg

Products

I will be using Matrix 5.0 (have 2 bags) as the protein supplement, and I also have some of my regular protein as backup should I run out.

I have Biotest Flameout, as recommended by the original diet (I have some money atm due to working full-time in the hols, might as well spend it on something beneficial :D).

Biotest Surge for extra cals on workout days, also read in Domonik's Velocity Diet Log that it gives him a great boost.

I also have a milled seed-mix from my local supermarket as I couldn't find any milled flax seed, or linseed as we call it here in Aus. It contains only slightly less fibre than milled linseed.

I will not be using a fat-burner.

The Diet Plan

3 non-training days, 3 training days, 1 solid meal day

Non-training days
Flameout capsule x 4 200 cals
Tablespoon LSA seed mix x 4 200 cals
Protein serving x 7 (1 scoop a serving) 1008 cals

Total 1408 cals

Training days
Tablespoon LSA seed mix x 4 200 cals
Protein serving x 7 (1 scoop a serving) 1008 cals
Surge recovery serving x 1 330 cals

Total 1738 cals

Solid meal day
Protein serving x 6 868 cals
Solid clean meal x 1 350 cals

Total 1418 cals

The Gym Plan

I will be aiming to get to the gym 3 times a week, but as I am just starting my new uni semester as of next week I am unlikely to get there 3 times every week. In saying that though I will be going to the gym 2 times a week minimum.

I will be doing a full-body workout containing mostly compound exercises, I will not be doing all of the below every workout but will select some of the below exercises and mix it up a bit every session.

Deadlift 3x8
Squat 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Chinup 3x8
Military Press 3x8
Pull ups 3x8
Lunges 3x8
Seated Row 3x8
Dips 3x8

My goal is simply to last 28 days on this plan! I will try to update every day, and will do weight checks once a week. Peace out!

fkn_give_me_abs
07-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Currently on Day 1 and I have to say straight up... this will definitely be hard!! Now anyone could kinda tell this sort of diet would be hard from the get go... but these shakes, imo, are disgusting!!

I have currently had 4 servings of protein and 2 seed mix servings and am dreading the next shake, the taste is horrible. I will probably only get 6 protein servings in altogether and 3 seed-mix. Hopefully these shakes become easier to get down after a week or so. Still gonna push through anyway, the end result will be worth it.

jon4127
07-25-2007, 04:37 AM
What is flame out if you are not using a fat burner? i have ran a full v-diet and i never could have done it with out taking hotroxx or something similar to help control hunger.

also you don't have one solid meal day, you have one solid meal per week. and that meal should be planned ahead of time as to what you can actually eat for that meal.

fkn_give_me_abs
07-25-2007, 04:41 AM
What is flame out if you are not using a fat burner? i have ran a full v-diet and i never could have done it with out taking hotroxx or something similar to help control hunger.

also you don't have one solid meal day, you have one solid meal per week. and that meal should be planned ahead of time as to what you can actually eat for that meal.

the one solid meal day is once a week...

flameout is concentrated fish oil along with other healthy fats. 4 x flameout caps is equivalent to 20 fishoil caps.

how does hotroxx control hunger?

fkn_give_me_abs
07-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Today I'm doing an early update (12pm) because in a couple hours I'm going on an overnight "camping" trip (not really camping, my mate has a little hut). Should be fine though, all they're eating is spaghetti and drinking much of the alcomahol. I'll be curled up with my yerba mate tea and some delectable protein ahaha.

Otherwise it has been reasonably fine today. The shakes are steadily getting easier to get down and I have controlled my food urges so far. It's pretty hard when you work in a supermarket and walk in to smell the bakery aha.

Have a good one all!

Dominikm
07-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Today I'm doing an early update (12pm) because in a couple hours I'm going on an overnight "camping" trip (not really camping, my mate has a little hut). Should be fine though, all they're eating is spaghetti and drinking much of the alcomahol. I'll be curled up with my yerba mate tea and some delectable protein ahaha.

Otherwise it has been reasonably fine today. The shakes are steadily getting easier to get down and I have controlled my food urges so far. It's pretty hard when you work in a supermarket and walk in to smell the bakery aha.

Have a good one all!

Good luck on the trip, try not to give in or peer preasue :D

fkn_give_me_abs
07-27-2007, 06:05 AM
All was well and good for the "camping" trip, I stuck to my shakes easy but holy **** I had some strong urges to steal my mate's sausage roll when he decided to grab one on the way home from the trip!!! Smelled so good!

Just got back from the gym and did:

3x10 deadlifts
3x8 Pullups
3x7 dips
3x9 lunges

i literally felt like i had run a marathon by the end of the dips, my energy was incredibly depleted it wasn't funny. I sipped about 1/4 of my surge mix during the workout and it seemed to help slightly but there is an unexpectantly large difference working out on the v-diet compared to solid food. Other logs I have read have stated that there was no real big difference (perhaps some had no previous workouts to compare too?).

I weighed myself at the gym and am very pleasantly surprised even though a lot of it lost is water weight, i am now 79.5kgs (probably slight innacuracy as my gym scales may be different compared to my home scales)!! First time I've been below 80 in a very long time (have been between 81-86kgs for years now).

The shakes are almost easy to gulp down now, feeling quite good although energy levels are down quite a bit (I slept from 10.30pm to 9.30am last night!!). 25 days to go ;).

Have a good one all!!

PopeGregorius
07-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Good luck man.

fkn_give_me_abs
07-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Good luck man.

cheers mate :D

fkn_give_me_abs
07-28-2007, 03:24 AM
Shakes are second nature to get down now, taste is slightly strong when I have two scoops in one glass but compared to how they tasted on Day 1 it's nothing. I'm still getting hunger pangs every now and then, sometimes very intense, but I haven't really come close to giving in to the cravings yet. Last night though, because of a vegemite thread in the misc, I had a very intense craving for cheese and vegemite on toast ahaha.

I also forgot to mention that I have not been doing cardio due to the fact that I work 4 days of the week and during this time I do a lot of lifting and walking around (I work in produce in a supermarket). I believe this is plenty of calorie burning and may have attributed to such a great loss of weight when I weighed myself on Day 3 at the gym.

Patiently waiting for the cravings to go away aha. Over and out.

Dominikm
07-28-2007, 03:31 AM
Stick to your routine, make your walking power walking where it permits it or get extra cardio in at lunch time as a power walk for 30 minutes orsomehting like that. Thats the best cardio for this diet...

fkn_give_me_abs
07-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Stick to your routine, make your walking power walking where it permits it or get extra cardio in at lunch time as a power walk for 30 minutes orsomehting like that. Thats the best cardio for this diet...

I'm not sure any extra cardio would be healthy. It is my job to take off the "load" as we call it at work, which is basically getting all the fruit and veg off the truck and stacking it in the cold room. This is about 1.5 hours of non-stop lifting 10-15kg crates and placing them in the cold room which works up quite a sweat.

I'll see how my continued weight loss goes, if I hit a bit of a plateau I'll chuck in some extra cardio :).

fkn_give_me_abs
07-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Hunger pangs are very intense at times and I have major urges to eat some solids. Just have to hold steady until Tuesday when I can have my refeed, CAN'T WAIT!! Still haven't really come close to giving in yet which is good. I've heard that by the 2nd week the urges should be significantly less, so I'll aim for 2 weeks and if the pangs are still very intense I might reconsider going all 28 days.

I didn't go to the gym today as my muscles are still slightly sore, I'm gonna switch it up from a full-body workout each session to a split because I definitely won't be able to work out full-body 3 times a week without overtraining. Going to make up for it by going tomorrow (my muscles will have properly healed by then) and on my refeed day if there's time (I have work that day).

My split will be my old 3-day split which is:

Day 1: Back/Bi/Forearms
Day 2: Legs/abs
Day 3: Tris/Chest/Shoulders

Catch!

LatissimusDorsi
07-29-2007, 07:19 AM
Good luck man. I'll finish 3 days after u ;)

-Aaron-
07-29-2007, 07:34 AM
To deal with the hunger, grab some hoodia. I'm using hoodia with the EC Stack and I have 0 hunger pangs.

SoopamehnX
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
chew sugar free gum to help curb appetite. i think its only 2cal's per peice not going to kill u

fkn_give_me_abs
07-30-2007, 05:14 AM
To deal with the hunger, grab some hoodia. I'm using hoodia with the EC Stack and I have 0 hunger pangs.

i googled hoodia and it looks interesting. If my pangs don't subside by 2nd week I might get myself some. Thanks :D

chew sugar free gum to help curb appetite. i think its only 2cal's per peice not going to kill u

I'm an avid gum chewer (even before the diet) and it doesn't seem to help me so much in reducing appetite. I find it makes me hungrier!! Thankyou for your input though :D

fkn_give_me_abs
07-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Day 6 almost over!! REFEED TOMORROW WOOOOOOO!

Surprisingly (or not?) though, day 6 seemed to be the turning point for me. Hunger pangs were reduced significantly and urges didn't get higher than mild. Even when my boss today placed a bowl full of party-pies on the table, I thought "hmm... they smell okay but don't really want any". Add also the fact that I accidentally left my shake at home and went from 7am to 12.30pm without any consumables ahaha. Raced home and picked up my shake during lunch so no worries.

I just got back from the gym and I had a lot more energy than last session. This time I drank almost 3/4 of the surge throughout the workout so that may have helped. I also had a small nap before heading to the gym which no-doubt would've helped energy-wise too. I did bis/back/forearms today which contained the following:

3x8 Seated Rows
3x8 Chinups
3x10 Bent-over Rows
2x7 Pull-ups
2x6 Reverse Curls

As you can see I started to lose some energy towards the end of the workout but strength appears to be around about the same as pre-diet, except stamina has noticeably depleted.

I also weighed myself at gym again, 79.5kgs still!! (filled with water though)

I'm debating between grabbing a healthy subway sandwich for refeed tomorrow or just doing up something at home. Something along the lines of my old favourite tuna and vege sandwich with cheese :D

Feeling good and looks like I'm over the hard bit, now for the weight loss!! See ya's.

jhf
07-30-2007, 05:32 AM
Congrats on making it through the hardest part. Should be much easier to work through any problems from here on in. As for weighing yourself I suggest picking the same time and under the same circumstances to get the most accurate measure of your progress. For example, I always way myself after I wake up and do my morning cardio. That way I've eliminated almost all the excess water weight in my weight measurements. After that I drink my shake and rehydrate myself.

askinside
07-30-2007, 07:14 AM
hey man i'm jumpin' in with you on the Velocity tomorrow morning!!!!! we've got a semi-similar physique and i'm about 19% i think - i'll post a starting picture. i'm gonna use extra protein intake though to see if i can possibly up my mass slightly. and go with high carb on my refeed meals.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/calvinjeni/beforetdv.jpg

askinside
07-30-2007, 11:06 PM
i'm over in ass-crack-istan so my time is a bit off from the rest of you guys ... right now it's 930am on day one. obviously there's no complaint in regards to feeling hungry - i did this for 10 days once before ... before falling off "the wagon." i didn't have any casein so my hunger was insane - - - it really FELT like starving myself.

i'm gonna try and update my pictures every week and make some sorda metamorphisis collage shiit at the end.

how often are you gonna update pics on this thread, if at all fkn_give?

fkn_give_me_abs
07-31-2007, 05:21 AM
hey man i'm jumpin' in with you on the Velocity tomorrow morning!!!!! we've got a semi-similar physique and i'm about 19% i think - i'll post a starting picture. i'm gonna use extra protein intake though to see if i can possibly up my mass slightly. and go with high carb on my refeed meals.

good stuff mate, it will be good to compare losses!! :D

i'm over in ass-crack-istan so my time is a bit off from the rest of you guys ... right now it's 930am on day one. obviously there's no complaint in regards to feeling hungry - i did this for 10 days once before ... before falling off "the wagon." i didn't have any casein so my hunger was insane - - - it really FELT like starving myself.

i'm gonna try and update my pictures every week and make some sorda metamorphisis collage shiit at the end.

how often are you gonna update pics on this thread, if at all fkn_give?

I'll be updating pics at the start of each week (so tomorrow is the next update!).

fkn_give_me_abs
07-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Wow the refeed was such an anticlimax!! ahaha. I'd been waiting all week for something solid! I spent a bit of time making the perfect tuna, vegie and cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread and with a bit of tomato sauce, then I started eating it and it didn't seem to taste as good as usual. Don't get me wrong it was awesome to get some REAL food but it just wasn't as enjoyable as before possibly due to the fact that I wasn't really that hungry when I ate it.

Anyway it was a healthy, filling refeed and now I'm counting down the days till the next one aha. I'll have a pic update tomorrow but not an OFFICIAL weigh-in cause my electric scales appear to be broken!! I'll have a weigh-in at the gym anyway after my workout tomorrow and go and get some new scales ASAP.

Catch!

askinside
07-31-2007, 08:12 PM
635am - The start of day 2 ...

i was starving when i walked out of the gym last night ... and d@mn near ate a pack of tuna until i thought, "there's no way i'ma cheat on the first fukn day when fkn_abs is stayin' on top of his shiit!" so ... this thread, i can tell already, is gonna be pretty crucial in keeping my motivation and focus up!

i went all the way back to work - just to grab my casein!

had a descent workout - didnt notice much fatigue or anything - of course, it'd only been a day. i'm runnin' a similar workout program ... not doing the "total body" routines. i'm sure some1 is gonna say "you gotta follow how the creator said to do it." so ... in advance ... i don't give a shiit - this is how i'm doin' it!

can't wait to check your progress pics fkn_abs!

SoopamehnX
07-31-2007, 08:32 PM
keep up the good work guys and stay focused

askinside
07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
thanks!

fkn_give_me_abs
07-31-2007, 11:26 PM
635am - The start of day 2 ...

i was starving when i walked out of the gym last night ... and d@mn near ate a pack of tuna until i thought, "there's no way i'ma cheat on the first fukn day when fkn_abs is stayin' on top of his shiit!" so ... this thread, i can tell already, is gonna be pretty crucial in keeping my motivation and focus up!

That's good to hear mate!! Also keeps my motivation up aha, if I fail then someone else won't have their motivation (no pressure aha).

fkn_give_me_abs
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
I did my gym sesh and today was legs and abs, what a killer!! I did the following:

Squats 3x10
Lying Leg Curls 3x10
Weighted Lunges 3x8
Leg Extensions (i think?) 3x8
Weighted crunches 2x10

My energy was pretty good today and still haven't lost any strength.

As promised I also have my latest update pic:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/2ndWeek.jpg

I can notice some minor changes, which may be mostly water weight. Didn't expect too much at this stage anyway. It will be interesting to see next week's losses though!!

I weighed myself at gym and I am now 79kgs exactly. That gives this week's loss at 4kgs!! I'm wondering if my starting weigh-in was accurate as 4kgs is an extreme loss, unless I was holding a large amount of water weight (which may be true, as previous to this diet I had been using creatine monohydrate). I'm happy nonetheless!!

Bye all!!

askinside
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
yeah man i think the results are showing already - keep at it ... if you fail; i fail!!!! ((no pressure)) lol

the pic i posted up top was actually about three weeks ago and flexing a bit - so i'll repost a more current pic that i took on saturday where i'm relaxed - just to keep my shiit honest! ... since flexing doesn't illustrate "the real deal."

i'll wait to weigh myself next tuesday when i do my update pics. PEACE!

PopeGregorius
08-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Hoodia is difficult to get retail in Australia, its an endangered species.

If you feel too hungry mate, take 2 teaspoons sugar in glass of water. It will raise blood sugar slightly to reduce hunger.

askinside
08-02-2007, 01:16 AM
10:50am Day3

last night i got home from work and laid down on my bed - staring at the ceiling - debating whether or not a pack of tuna would REALLY kill me.

"would that shiit REALLY hurt? its not like anyone would know!" i think i musta laid there for 15 minutes going back and forth.

i'm proud to say i avoided giving in to temptation - i drank a shake and just took my a$s to the gym. it's my lack of commitment thats keeping me "almost" having a six pack ... time to turn things around finally!!! then my wife called me from the states ... with a muffled voice ... "baby why does your voice sound like that? are you eating something?"

"yeah sorry, i missed breakfast - i'm eating this toasted deli sandwich with honey turkey, cheese, thin-sliced cucumbers, and ..."

"ok ok ... don't tell me about it - for real cuz i restarted the velocity diet - and i'm fukn starving"

"oh ok ... well good luck and i'll make you the sandwich when you get home for vacation!"

i got off the phone and counted pot-roasts jumping a fence till i finally fell asleep. i know i sound like a p*ssy right now, huh?! lol ... i don't even think i'm starving - i think its a mental thing mostly - but shiit, all that counts is that i'm stickin it out. i think this forum is about to get real entertaining when i get in the second week! ... and i'm out!

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 04:06 AM
10:50am Day3

last night i got home from work and laid down on my bed - staring at the ceiling - debating whether or not a pack of tuna would REALLY kill me.

"would that shiit REALLY hurt? its not like anyone would know!" i think i musta laid there for 15 minutes going back and forth.

i'm proud to say i avoided giving in to temptation - i drank a shake and just took my a$s to the gym. it's my lack of commitment thats keeping me "almost" having a six pack ... time to turn things around finally!!! then my wife called me from the states ... with a muffled voice ... "baby why does your voice sound like that? are you eating something?"

"yeah sorry, i missed breakfast - i'm eating this toasted deli sandwich with honey turkey, cheese, thin-sliced cucumbers, and ..."

"ok ok ... don't tell me about it - for real cuz i restarted the velocity diet - and i'm fukn starving"

"oh ok ... well good luck and i'll make you the sandwich when you get home for vacation!"

i got off the phone and counted pot-roasts jumping a fence till i finally fell asleep. i know i sound like a p*ssy right now, huh?! lol ... i don't even think i'm starving - i think its a mental thing mostly - but shiit, all that counts is that i'm stickin it out. i think this forum is about to get real entertaining when i get in the second week! ... and i'm out!

Good stuff, suck it up and keep yourself busy and ull be right :D

Mmmmmmmmmm steak with bacon and chese melted all over with awsome steak sauce :D

askinside
08-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Good stuff, suck it up and keep yourself busy and ull be right :D

Mmmmmmmmmm steak with bacon and chese melted all over with awsome steak sauce :D

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! thanks for the motivation and ... the torture!!!! lol! i'm just happy as fukk i saw where some people said its really only those first few days that make you suffer like this.

tomorrow night is gonna be my refeed - i know that **** is a bit soon, but Friday night is the only time edible food is guaranteed at the dining facility out here. STEAK NIGHT! i know thats gonna make it a muh fukka trying to go right back to not eating but ask me how much i give a shiit! i'll just "suck it up" and push thru afterwards!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-02-2007, 05:51 AM
This is getting easier and easier. Everything went down well, had some minor hunger pangs at work but nothing major. The bad thing about working at a supermarket though is that there's free food all over the place for you to eat ahaha. My mate had to chuck out a whole trolley of donuts tonight and usually we would both eat a few but I had to deny this time. It was painful to watch her eat them though aha (although I have to admit, it wasn't too hard to deny them).

Anyways just about to hit another 20-30 mins of the bike (did 30 mins earlier today) after this shake, and then attack some uni work, then hit the sack and that's day 9 over! Now that uni's started again it's gonna be hard to work all the cardio + weights in but I think I'll manage.

Till next time...

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 06:09 AM
This is getting easier and easier. Everything went down well, had some minor hunger pangs at work but nothing major. The bad thing about working at a supermarket though is that there's free food all over the place for you to eat ahaha. My mate had to chuck out a whole trolley of donuts tonight and usually we would both eat a few but I had to deny this time. It was painful to watch her eat them though aha (although I have to admit, it wasn't too hard to deny them).

Anyways just about to hit another 20-30 mins of the bike (did 30 mins earlier today) after this shake, and then attack some uni work, then hit the sack and that's day 9 over! Now that uni's started again it's gonna be hard to work all the cardio + weights in but I think I'll manage.

Till next time...

I easy to deny food after a few days isn't it.

Uni + c diet, lol, good luck. Good thing its only for like 2.5 weeks for u. Not the best thing to do a v diet and study I guess.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-02-2007, 07:01 AM
I easy to deny food after a few days isn't it.

Uni + c diet, lol, good luck. Good thing its only for like 2.5 weeks for u. Not the best thing to do a v diet and study I guess.

yeah during the first week I thought "damn i'm gonna have **** all concentration when uni comes round" but now that I'm in the 2nd week it's not so hard because my energy is not so rooted aha. Been to a few lectures and as long as I take a few scoops of protein in a shaker to uni I can duck out at the break, skull some protein and then hit the books without a problem!!

I just need to be able to juggle work, uni and the v-diet time-wise!

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 07:23 AM
yeah during the first week I thought "damn i'm gonna have **** all concentration when uni comes round" but now that I'm in the 2nd week it's not so hard because my energy is not so rooted aha. Been to a few lectures and as long as I take a few scoops of protein in a shaker to uni I can duck out at the break, skull some protein and then hit the books without a problem!!

I just need to be able to juggle work, uni and the v-diet time-wise!

Cool...

I fell asleep in a uni test once, and started snooring...

lol

fkn_give_me_abs
08-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Cool...

I fell asleep in a uni test once, and started snooring...

lol

ahaha, that's dedication ;)

fkn_give_me_abs
08-03-2007, 05:58 AM
...is almost over! Double figures babyyyyyyyyy!!

Had a 7am start today because of a uni lecture at 8am... what a killer. Hit the gym straight after and did shoulders, chest, tris and trapz:

Dips 3x10
Military Press 3x10
Bench Press 3x9
Shrugs 3x10
Machine Flies 3x9

Had decent energy but as usual, lack of stamina towards the end of the sets. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm losing muscle!

I'm starting to notice some veins on my arms I haven't seen before which is good.

See ya's!

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 06:16 AM
ahaha, that's dedication ;)

sure is...

askinside
08-03-2007, 06:50 AM
just a quick update for all those wondering ... i'm an hour and ten minutes away from a steak!

cut my shakes down today - yada yada yada - all i can think about is the steak ... so this post is ending right now! take it easy!

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 06:52 AM
just a quick update for all those wondering ... i'm an hour and ten minutes away from a steak!

cut my shakes down today - yada yada yada - all i can think about is the steak ... so this post is ending right now! take it easy!

Lol...

Enjoy it, steak is the **** on the v diet after a week of shakes ay.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-03-2007, 06:53 AM

yum!

if there weren't any refeeds in this diet i reckon i'd go insane aha.

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 06:56 AM
yum!

if there weren't any refeeds in this diet i reckon i'd go insane aha.

x2

askinside
08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
ok - i finished my refeed. ((i hate that word for some reason; but i love the meaning))

anyway i couldnt even finish a whole steak; but that joint was D - E - LICIOUS! already cant wait for next week! its funny ... i feel guilty as h*ll for even eating at all. so i think i should transition right back into the no-feed part of this diet relatively easy. alright i'm off to the gym. take it easy gents.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-04-2007, 02:56 AM
I weighed in at 78kgs this morning.. It's good to see that I'm still dropping weight consistently!! And now I know it's bodyfat instead of water weight.

Had a killer day at work so not sure if I'll hit up some cardio or not tonight, might do 30 mins on the bike while watching Catch Me If You Can on TV tonight (a favourite movie of mine :D).

My family's eating pizza right now aha, it smells fantastic. Holding strong though.

BYE!

jhf
08-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Lol, I'm proud of both of you... Nice job not giving in! Awesome to see the progress.

dan_the_man2003
08-04-2007, 06:22 AM
does this diet really work? how many kg's are people losing?

fkn_give_me_abs
08-04-2007, 06:52 AM
does this diet really work? how many kg's are people losing?

there are several threads around with people stating the amounts they're losing...

jhf
08-04-2007, 07:28 AM
:) I'm finishing it up today and I've lost pretty much 16 pounds. No idea in kilo's and I'm to lazy to convert. I lost the metric system years ago and have been forced into this medieval English measurement system! The Brits don't even use it anymore do they?

fkn_give_me_abs
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
:) I'm finishing it up today and I've lost pretty much 16 pounds. No idea in kilo's and I'm to lazy to convert. I lost the metric system years ago and have been forced into this medieval English measurement system! The Brits don't even use it anymore do they?

that's about 7.2 kgs :D

great loss!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Day 12 still has a bit to go but I've got the workout out of the way so I might as well update now. Did back/bis today which included the following:

Pull downs 3x10
Deadlifts 3x10
Bent over rows 3x10
Bicep curls 3x9
Forearm curls ?? 3x10

I have also noticed my deadlift has gone up a bit and so have my bicep curls! Hopefully that's a sign that I'm not losing muscle (and a sign that you can gain on this diet). I've also noticed that energy doesn't seem to be so much of a problem anymore, although it still is slightly less than when on solids.

I'll be doing at least 30mins on the bike later today as well.

OVER AND OUT!

FrostFox
08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
Just a suggestion - if you want to be able to more accurately track your fat loss, take your thigh and waist measurements. Easier than calculating bodyfat for sure, and all you need is a measuring tape.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Wow what a **** day! One of the most annoying days at work to date.

Thankfully it didn't interfere with the v-diet though, everything went smoothly and only very minor hunger pangs even though I had a good 5 hours without a shake due to the work I had to do.

I definitely am noticing some bf loss when I flex, and side on pose shows a loss too. Kind of wondering why I didn't take a side-on shot to begin with :S:S, might put one up when I take the next pics (in 2 days).

Tomorrow is refeed and I can't wait! Thinking of some rissoles, cheese and steamed vegies :D

Day 13 over!

askinside
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
keep up the good work fukn_abs - i decided to roll off this shiit one more time cuz i picked up a cycle of test-deca a while back and it FINALLY came in. so RIGHT after i finish a short stint of bulking - i'll come back. feels good knowing i can do it though! i might start my own thread next time too. i'ma keep subscribed though, to see how you turn out ... KEEP AT IT! it'd be such a waste if you didnt go thru after putting yourself thru this shiit! PEACE!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-07-2007, 02:08 AM
keep up the good work fukn_abs - i decided to roll off this shiit one more time cuz i picked up a cycle of test-deca a while back and it FINALLY came in. so RIGHT after i finish a short stint of bulking - i'll come back. feels good knowing i can do it though! i might start my own thread next time too. i'ma keep subscribed though, to see how you turn out ... KEEP AT IT! it'd be such a waste if you didnt go thru after putting yourself thru this shiit! PEACE!

damn dude, it was good having some backup in here aha. Have a good bulk then :D

Yeah I'm basically at the half-way point now so there's no point turning back! Plus I'm at the stage where I'm getting physical results too so Ima see it all the way through!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Day 14 only has a few hours to go and then tomorrow I'll officially be at the half-way mark! I had my refeed and it was pretty good, was a rissole and vegie sandwhich on wholemeal bread, and a side-dish of pasta salad. Once again though, the food didn't seem to taste as good as before the diet which is strange? Hopefully my taste isn't leaving me aha.

Gonna hit the bike later and tomorrow I'll have the new pics and official weekly weigh-in. Only 2 more weeks woooooooooo!

Mackoek
08-07-2007, 05:03 AM
day 14 already :D nice going.

do you already see some changes in the mirror after 2 weeks?

fkn_give_me_abs
08-07-2007, 05:07 AM
day 14 already :D nice going.

do you already see some changes in the mirror after 2 weeks?

yeah mate definitely some changes, especially side-on and when i flex. can also see some changes in my face and some veins coming up on the arms :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Finished my workout so ima update now, damn my legs are killing me!

Did the following:

Weighted lunges 3x10
Lying leg curls 3x10
Squats 3x10
Leg extensions 3x10
Crunches 2x20
Weighted crunches 1x10

I also have the update pics today, and I have a side shot along with front-on. Even though I have no side-on to compare too I'll post them from now on (even though there's only 2 weeks to go :S).

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/3rdweekfront.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/3rdweekside.jpg

Compared to first pic there are some noticeable changes in the chest and a little less so at the stomach area. Front-on is a pretty bad pic to show all the changes I'm kicking myself for not having a side-on pic to start with cause there's a fair bit of change there!

Also the official weekly weigh-in comes at 77kgs! That's a 2kg loss from last week and a 6kg loss overall so far! I'm pleased :D.

Later all!

FrostFox
08-08-2007, 02:29 AM
holy ****

those changes are insane

I'm at day 1 right now haha

fkn_give_me_abs
08-08-2007, 02:32 AM
holy ****

those changes are insane

I'm at day 1 right now haha

good stuff mate! No matter what just get through the first week, it's mostly downhill from there :D

Thanks btw :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-09-2007, 05:41 AM
Same old same old. Kinda screwed from work so just posting to confirm day 16 is almost over!

Ordered some more matrix 5.0 the other day cause I'm running very low (scraping the bottom today), good thing I have some chocolate metabolic drive here in reserve! I got cookies and cream again and a chocolate matrix 5.0... hopefully it doesn't taste like ****e aha.

Catch!

PopeGregorius
08-09-2007, 05:56 AM
i'm over in ass-crack-istan
Ya, the US invaded there after Crap-istan.

Looks like the velocity diet is working man, abs should be visible soon!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Looks like the velocity diet is working man, abs should be visible soon!

hopefully :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Did tri/chest/shoulders at gym today:

Bench press 3x8
military press 3x8
rear delts 3x10
mid delts 2x10
shrugs 3x10
dumbell flies 3x9

Had a little less strength today, but I'm not sure if that's just from lack of sleep (got about 7 hours, 8am lecture!!) or because I'm starting to lose some muscle! Hopefully the first.

The diet is running like clockwork now, don't really have to think about anything cause I've always got my shaker ready with a couple scoops of protein in it. Hunger is only a slight problem and cravings are reduced, but not gone completely yet.

Almost every night I dream about eating some sort of food as well aha, except I'm not enjoying the food. I seem to start eating, then snap out of it and start fretting because I ruined the diet (in the dream)!! Weird ahaha.

Peace!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Late update today, just got home from town early because I was incredibly bored... it's no fun being sober!!

Went to play some poker at a mate's beforehand and they had pizza, but surprisingly it wasn't hard at all to say no. They were also suss about me not drinking aha, but I just brushed it off saying I'm just trying to go without alcohol for awhile (Saturday nights for me usually involve getting blind).

Nothing much else to say except only 10 days remaining!

Have a good one all.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-12-2007, 06:34 AM
AHHH kind of embarrassing to admit but today I cheated :( About half way through the day I got some intense cravings for vegemite on toast, and there was fresh bread on the counter and my bro had some toast already in the toaster and the smell was overwhelming!!

So I broke down and ended up having 4 slices of toast with vegemite, which in hindsight is kind of annoying considering I dealt with worse cravings in the first week and didn't give in. Anyway... what's done is done and I'm going to continue the diet as normal. I missed my last two shakes as to compensate for the cheat so hopefully all still goes to plan.

I'm almost out of protein so hopefully the matrix I ordered last week (which should've been here on friday) comes tomorrow or else I'll be all out by tomorrow night!

Over and out.

jhf
08-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Hey, we all have our setbacks... just make sure you finish it off strong! Keep up the hard work...

Someday I have to try some of this vegimite , however you spell it.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey, we all have our setbacks... just make sure you finish it off strong! Keep up the hard work...

Someday I have to try some of this vegimite , however you spell it.

deal with caution around vegemite aha. The only people who seem to like it are aussies! (and even some people in aus hate it)

thanks for the support :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-13-2007, 02:46 AM
The cheat yesterday didn't seem to hurt me too badly, my weight remained the same as yesterday.

I got my two matrix bags in the mail so that's good! I have chocolate and cookies n cream. I tried the chocolate one just then with my seed mix and all the seeds floated to the bottom straight away!! Disgusting aha. I think I'll stick with the cookies n cream for now (at least until the end of the diet when I don't need the flax seed anymore).

I will be going to the gym tomorrow, I was planning on going tonight but I only got 7 or so hours of sleep due to work at 8am today (I have trouble getting to sleep before 12pm).

When I flex now I can see a very vague outline of a six pack aha :D

See yas!

george9856
08-13-2007, 04:59 AM
The cheat yesterday didn't seem to hurt me too badly, my weight remained the same as yesterday.

I got my two matrix bags in the mail so that's good! I have chocolate and cookies n cream. I tried the chocolate one just then with my seed mix and all the seeds floated to the bottom straight away!! Disgusting aha. I think I'll stick with the cookies n cream for now (at least until the end of the diet when I don't need the flax seed anymore).

I will be going to the gym tomorrow, I was planning on going tonight but I only got 7 or so hours of sleep due to work at 8am today (I have trouble getting to sleep before 12pm).

When I flex now I can see a very vague outline of a six pack aha :D

See yas!

great job man !!! maybe after 7 more days u probably dont even have to flex and u would c the abs !!! goodluck with it !!!

dont forget to check on my progress either lol
"george's velocity diet log" :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Did bi/back/forearms today:

Lying Rows 3x10
Deadlifts 3x10
Pull ups 3x8
Chin ups 3x8
Reverse curls 3x8

Didn't have any real loss of strength, and my deadlift went up slightly.

Debating whether to have refeed or not today as I cheated a couple days back, I might just skip it to keep on target.

Pics and official weekly weigh-in tomorrow! Catch.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-14-2007, 11:57 PM
ONE WEEK TO GO MUTHA****AASSSSSSSS!!

Official weekly weigh-in... smack bang on 75kgs! Don't think I've been on 75kgs for 5 or so years at least wooo!

Here are the weekly pic updates also:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/4thweekfront.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/4thweekside.jpg

Changes compared to starting photo are obvious, and there is some slight difference comparing last week to this week, that stomach fat is so stubborn. Another successful 7 days on the V-diet!!

Just got back from the gym after doing legs and abs:

Squats 3x9
Lying leg curls 3x10
Crunches 2x20
Lunges 3x10
Calf raises 3x20
Leg extensions 3x10
Leg raises (abs) 2x20

Energy was pretty good today, and weight was upped on squats.

Very happy with results so far, and to think there's only 7 days left till solids!

Peace out bruthas and sistaz.

FrostFox
08-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Great job! Those love handles are almost gone. You will have to buy new pants when this is all over, you realize ;)

You seem to be losing 4 pounds per week (the extra 6 in the first week is water weight), so I'm guessing you will end up at 161. That's my bet, at least.

Reps!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Great job! Those love handles are almost gone. You will have to buy new pants when this is all over, you realize ;)

hopefully there are some obliques under there ;). And yeah my pants have been starting to fall down lately aha.

You seem to be losing 4 pounds per week (the extra 6 in the first week is water weight), so I'm guessing you will end up at 161. That's my bet, at least.

Reps!

Yep that seems to be the pattern, cheers :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-16-2007, 01:14 AM
5 days left after today!

I've decided that after completing this diet I will have one to two weeks to get back into solids properly, and then hit the cut diet! I'm gonna stay on that until I get to around about 10%bf, or for the 16 weeks (which ever comes first) and then go into a bulk - but this time careful not to gain too much fat :S.

30 mins of cardio due later tonight as well. Now time to go, work needs me aha. See yas!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Tris/Chest/Shoulders at gym:

Machine military press 3x10
Machine bench press 3x10
Machine rear delt flies 3x10
Machine pec flies 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Tri pulldowns 3x10

Energy was good.

30 mins cardio later tonight after work.

Short and to the point aha, peace.

FrostFox
08-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Am I the only one who details the weights used in my journal? :P

fkn_give_me_abs
08-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Am I the only one who details the weights used in my journal? :P

nah a few do and a few don't

I don't because I switch between machines and freeweights quite often to mix things up and at my gym 90kgs bench press on a machine is definitely not equal to 90kgs with a barbell.

that and laziness :p:D

PopeGregorius
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
8kg loss is impressive mate, but you dont want to end up looking like Matthor!

Make sure you keep up protein intake and lifting after this.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-18-2007, 03:29 AM
8kg loss is impressive mate, but you dont want to end up looking like Matthor!

Make sure you keep up protein intake and lifting after this.

no worries bro, previous to the diet I'd been working out pretty regularly since about February so I should be fine.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-18-2007, 03:37 AM
I came EXTREMELY close to drinking tonight. I just made the split decision a couple mins ago not too. The original plan was to have 5 shakes and then have 5-6 shots worth of vodka throughout the night mixed with coke zero which would've been around 300 or so calories, only slightly over. Because of the empty stomach I would've gotten a pretty decent buzz.

The main reason for this is because there are two parties tonight that will have some hotties at that have shown previous interest, and I seem to pickup most frequently when I'm drunk (poor excuse, i know).

But yeah, decided that it really isn't worth possibly ruining the diet for a lay. Better to finish off the diet seriously and to lose as much bf at possible and then next saturday I might consider drinking as I'll be into solids by then and my metabolism should be closer to normal.

Anyway, average day. Gonna go get prepped for going out. Enjoy your saturday night all!! (or saturday morning for americans :D).

fkn_give_me_abs
08-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Almost there!

And that's all I have to say.

Dublo
08-19-2007, 07:41 AM
This thread is so ****ing awesome. I can't wait until I start the Velocity, in a few weeks.

You're almost done man. Keep it up.

FrostFox
08-20-2007, 01:40 AM
I demand an update.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-20-2007, 05:41 AM
This thread is so ****ing awesome. I can't wait until I start the Velocity, in a few weeks.

You're almost done man. Keep it up.

cheers mate. Good luck with your v-diet!

I demand an update.

someone's impatient :p :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Tomorrow is the final day! Can't wait till it's over. I don't think I will be losing 2kgs again this week though, the scale was 74.5kgs this morning. I'm fine with that though this ride was well worth it!

Just got back from bis/back/forearms:

Seated rows 3x10
Deadlifts 3x10
Lying Rows 3x10
Bicep curls 3x8
Reverse curls 2x8
Machine rows 3x10

Weight went up on lying rows and deadlifts, but went down on reverse curls. Energy was fine.

I had a late session tonight so the surge is probably gonna keep me up for a bit aha. LAST DAY TOMORROW!!!!!

Catch yas :D

george9856
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
****ing champion mate !!! dang 8-10 kg loss thats is unreal lol

goodluck on day 28 !!!! dang im still only on day 7 :(

Triple6
08-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Mate, going great... well done

fkn_give_me_abs
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
****ing champion mate !!! dang 8-10 kg loss thats is unreal lol

goodluck on day 28 !!!! dang im still only on day 7 :(

thanks mate :D

Congrats on making it to the 2nd week! It gets a bit easier now. It seems to be a trend that people who get through the first week have the potential to go for all 4! KEEP IT UP!!

Mate, going great... well done

cheers :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Last day folks. As there really isn't much to update on I might as well do my Day 28 update now...

UPDATE COMPLETE! :p

ANYWAY... I will be doing the final weigh-in tomorrow with pics included so you can see the full transformation. As Big Kev would say.. "I'm excited!!"

I have soccer tonight so that will be my cardio for the day.

My change into solids will go something like the following:

Day 1: 1 solid meal, 6 shakes
Day 2: 2 solid meals, 3-4 shakes
Day 3: 3 solid meals, 2 shakes
..etc up until 6 solid meals and no shakes. I won't be counting cals during the transition but I WILL be eating only healthy foods, no cheats.

Tomorrow I will also include a review of the diet and tips for those who are looking to start the diet (seems to be a new v-diet thread everyday!) and just my basic opinion on things to do with the v-diet.

Peace out all!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow!! What a ****ing sweet feeling it is at the moment... Official weigh in at the end of the v-diet: 73.3kgs!

That makes the entire loss for the v-diet at 9.7kgs (21.3 lbs)!!!

I am over the moon at the moment!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/FINALfront.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/FINALside.jpg

Thankyou everyone here for all your support and advice. Later today, as I said earlier, I will be putting up my basic review of the diet, tips for beginners to the v-diet and some other info I think will be helpful to everyone.

Once again, thankyou to all those who followed me through this journey! PEACE!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/IMG_0042.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/schniggles/FINALfront.jpg

FrostFox
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Congratulations on making it! I'm really looking forward to reading your tips/advice for my next attempt.

Subtracting the extra 2kg you lost the first week, your net loss after water weight is still about 16 pounds... 4 pounds per week is insane.

You got any before and after measurements to share with us (waist, butt, etc.)? :)

fkn_give_me_abs
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
You got any before and after measurements to share with us (waist, butt, etc.)? :)

nah mate didn't take any measurements. laziness aha.

george9856
08-21-2007, 06:15 PM
nice job mate !!! wat are ur plans fron now onwards?? keep cutting or bulk? wateva it is goodluck mate !! :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Tips and Advice for those Starting the V-Diet

NB: This section is based on my experience and opinions on the diet. Other people may have had different experiences thus different opinions on the sections I have mentioned below. I hope you others deciding to try the v-diet can get some insight and/or helpful advice from the following :D

THE FIRST WEEK IS HARD: Expect the following during the first week: Headaches, hunger pangs, cravings, extreme tiredness and some light-headedness. Just to let you know ;)

AIM TO GET THROUGH THE FIRST 2 WEEKS NO MATTER WHAT!: This is what got me through the diet imo. I made a commitment to myself that I would spend AT LEAST two weeks on the diet no matter what happened. If you read through my first week of the log you can see from the start that I had many issues with the diet at first - I could barely swallow the fish oil caps they were so large, the protein almost made me gag at points, I was so tired it wasn't funny and I got headaches towards the end of the day. As long as you promise to yourself that you'll just get through 2 weeks from the start you should be fine to get through the whole diet... what's 14 days anyway? It's nothing!!

By the time you get to the end of the 2nd week it is a piece of piss compared to the first week, you should be able to see the diet all the way through. And anyway... you've come too far to just quit now!!

Of course... if you get serious side-affects, eg passing out as I read in another log, then perhaps reconsider the diet. But if you make any bull**** excuses you have no-one to blame for failing the diet but yourself.

FAT BURNERS ARE OVERRATED: If you are short on cash, and willing to risk making a minuscule adjustment to the diet, I advise you to put that $80 away and use it later for something other than a fat burner. It may just be "genetics", but I am living proof that fat burners are not needed for this diet to be successful.

The only things that could be classed as fat burners that I used were: Green Tea, Black Tea, Coffee (rarely) and Yerba Mate tea, all without milk and sugar. I had no more than 3 servings of these a day and some days I didn't have any.

CARDIO: Cardio is not the be all end all of the diet - I've seen some threads going overdrive in cardio and I feel this is not needed. I did an average of around 30 mins low-mod intensity MOST days (stationery bike), ignoring the first week where I barely did any cardio. The calorie deficit in this diet is quite extreme so any more than an hour of cardio a day is too much imo and HIIT is out of the question, you may start burning away muscle instead.

PROTEIN: Firstly, the whey protein advised by Chris Shugart (creator of v-diet) is Biotest Metabolic Drive. Now I used this protein for a small while on the diet and while it is definitely a great tasting shake the tub is about $84 AUD for under 1kg of the stuff!!!

If you don't care about splurging some dough go for Metabolic Drive but imo Matrix 5.0 Cookies n Cream is the ultimate whey protein for this diet. 5 pounds for pretty much the same amount of money as Metabolic Drive, with just as good a taste is definitely more cost effective.

Just to add for those who didn't know, if you'd prefer to find your own protein it is almost ESSENTIAL that it contains casein as to allow for slower digestion thus reducing hunger pangs.

WATER: I'm not exactly sure why, but it is extremely easy to get dehydrated on this diet (possibly explains headaches in the first week). Drink plenty of water - more than usual - to keep yourself hydrated.

YOU WILL PEE MORE: Not sure why this happens, but it's pretty self explanatory :p. Just giving yous the heads up aha.

CARRY A SHAKER/BOTTLE WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES: There's nothing worse than going out to a uni lecture/outing and getting the hunger noises from your belly half way through the day. ALWAYS have with you a bottle with some premade shake in it. During uni I kept it in my bag so, if ever I got some hunger pangs, I would duck out of class during a break, down a few mouthfuls, then finish the lecture without a problem. This will also keep you from having to make a detour to the cafeteria with the excuse "I couldn't take the hunger pangs".

When I went out to parties I would keep the shaker in my car incase of any pangs.

PREPARE FOR BAD BREATH: After having nothing but protein shakes all the time your breath is not always as fresh as it used to be aha. Keep some chewy on you at all times just incase!

DO NOT EXPECT ALL CRAVINGS TO GO: Chris Shugart, along with many other people doing the diet, have mentioned their lack of cravings after finishing this diet. Now I'm probably in the minority here but not all of my cravings are gone - I still have an urge to buy a pizza when passing pizza hut or a burger when passing Hungry jacks/Burger King. But one thing I can definitely say is I appreciate healthy food (hell... ANY FOOD!) a lot more. I can also safely say that I now have the discipline to say NO to unhealthy foods.

SURGE: For post-workout Chris Shugart advises Biotest Surge. Now I think that this is a good idea, and kinda helps during the workout, but there could be better alternatives imo. I don't know if it was just me but Surge didn't give me that noticeable of a boost. And, imo, it would be more beneficial just to eat a healthy meal pre or post-workout or simply buy a less expensive post-workout cocktail. Either way, approach my ideas on this with caution because Surge is all that I've used and has shown results.

GO TO EVERY WORKOUT: If you expect to retain muscle on this diet you must MAKE EVERY WORKOUT!! 3 days a week no excuses!! I have no doubt that had I left out some workouts I would've started losing muscle on such a low calorie intake.

LOSE FAT :D: Expect this ;)

Possibly more to come later when I think of it!!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-21-2007, 07:07 PM
nice job mate !!! wat are ur plans fron now onwards?? keep cutting or bulk? wateva it is goodluck mate !! :D

thanks mate :D

I'm planning on cutting for a little longer on "the cut diet 2500" and get to around 10%bf, then going to clean bulk :D

Good luck to you on the remainder of your v-diet!!

FrostFox
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm planning on cutting for a little longer on "the cut diet 2500" and get to around 10%bf, then going to clean bulk :D

You look like you're at 12 to 14%, tops.

As for the bad breath on the V-diet: when your body is running on ketones, your breath is going to stink like hell. It's the same as any keto diet.

What I love about Velocity is how cheap it is. Fat burners are a waste of money, so you don't need to buy those. Fibre supplements are cheap. Multivitamins are cheap. Omega supplements are cheap. Protein powder isn't, but when it's all you're eating (um, drinking), your grocery bill ends up being quite small.

Cyb3rTr0n
08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Congratz on completing the Diet, nice results on your pics. Also, thanks for the personal view on what to expect throughout the Diet.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 01:42 AM
You look like you're at 12 to 14%, tops.

yeah i'd predict around 14%. The lowest I've been is 13% so I plan on breaking that barrier over into abs!! aha

As for the bad breath on the V-diet: when your body is running on ketones, your breath is going to stink like hell. It's the same as any keto diet.

das coo

What I love about Velocity is how cheap it is. Fat burners are a waste of money, so you don't need to buy those. Fibre supplements are cheap. Multivitamins are cheap. Omega supplements are cheap. Protein powder isn't, but when it's all you're eating (um, drinking), your grocery bill ends up being quite small.

AMEN TO THAT!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Congratz on completing the Diet, nice results on your pics. Also, thanks for the personal view on what to expect throughout the Diet.

Cheers bro, and it was my pleasure!

I'll be following your diet, good luck!!

Dublo
08-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Hey man, where abouts in Australia did you get Matrix?

Congrats on the good work.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Hey man, where abouts in Australia did you get Matrix?

Congrats on the good work.

http://www.thesupplementden.com.au/shop?search_text=matrix+5.0&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Good supplement site for Aus, since a lot of stuff from bb.com takes forever to get through customs :S

Dublo
08-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Thanks, bro.

I've been looking for a good whey/casein blend for a while now.

jhf
08-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Awesome job! Nice to see another one make it!!!

Dublo
08-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Oh just another question, how many scoops did you use with each shake? Two?
Just curious, because I'm wondering how much whey I'll have to buy.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Oh just another question, how many scoops did you use with each shake? Two?
Just curious, because I'm wondering how much whey I'll have to buy.

I had seven scoops a day which I divided into 4 shakes (3 shakes with 2 scoops, and 1 shake with 1 scoop). I generally wouldn't down a shake in one go though and just take a few mouthfuls whenever I got hungry.

I needed 3 bags of matrix 5.0.

I imagine the amount of scoops you have will be different to me though because it is based on the amount of calories you need, which firstly is based on body weight. You can find the calculation on this site http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491&pageNo=0

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Awesome job! Nice to see another one make it!!!

*Bows before Velocity Diet eldar*

cheers mate :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-22-2007, 10:49 PM
For those who are interested my transition is going fine. I had one solid meal yesterday (a nice vege and meat stew) and have already put on a bit of water weight aha. This morning upon waking I was almost back up to 74kgs.

Today I am having 2 meals (already had one).

I have also decided to jump onto the keto diet instead of cut diet after the transition. I will probably be on that for no more than 2 months to get to 10% bf and then hit the clean bulk to put on some much needed muscle mass!

I'll keep updating the transition days until day 6 or so to let some of those already doing the v-diet know what to expect after finishing, then I'll probably let this thread die unless someone wants some questions asked about the v-diet.

Cheers all :D

FrostFox
08-23-2007, 03:31 AM
You'll be at 75 or 76kg or so by week's end. Which is fine, it's just water weight.

Don't let this thread die! Keep us up to date with what you're doing in terms of diet, workouts, etc. Until you get to a shredded 8% and stay there for a while, there is no reason to end this journal. If you do I will have to fly to Australia and kick your ass, and then drink some Fosters on my cheat day. Though I hear Australian chicks are nasty. What were we talking about again? :)

fkn_give_me_abs
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
You'll be at 75 or 76kg or so by week's end. Which is fine, it's just water weight.

Don't let this thread die! Keep us up to date with what you're doing in terms of diet, workouts, etc. Until you get to a shredded 8% and stay there for a while, there is no reason to end this journal. If you do I will have to fly to Australia and kick your ass, and then drink some Fosters on my cheat day. Though I hear Australian chicks are nasty. What were we talking about again? :)

ahaha ok mate i won't let it die :p.

but it's the opposite, fosters is nasty and the chicks are smokin!! :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Feeling good. Going to have 3 meals today which will be kinda tough aha - they fill me up so fast now! Might not even need any shakes.

Also, I've hit the 74kg mark again.

Not really much else to update!

See yas.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Had my first real cheat since before starting the diet yesterday. Ate some garlic bread and caramel tarts my mum made :D Yum!

My weight has stayed at 74kg so I may have lost more bodyfat than I originally thought which is good news.

Jumping straight into the keto diet as of today! The diet is basically low carbs all throughout the week (not including carbs from certain vegies), with fat and protein intake. On weekends you have a 24 hour "carb up" where you replenish carbs as to allow for a decent workout at the start of the week.

Peace.

FrostFox
08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Yeah, around here we call that the "CKD" diet (cyclical keto diet). Good luck with it!

Dublo
08-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Woot. I just went out and bought some Linseeds and some fish oil. The two bags of Matrix are in the mail, on the way.
I'll probably be starting the V-Diet next week. I can't wait.

fkn_give_me_abs
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah, around here we call that the "CKD" diet (cyclical keto diet). Good luck with it!

Yep that's the one. Looks too good to be true!! :D

Woot. I just went out and bought some Linseeds and some fish oil. The two bags of Matrix are in the mail, on the way.
I'll probably be starting the V-Diet next week. I can't wait.

good stuff mate, good luck with it!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Well I'm now officially on the keto diet as of Monday of this week (3 days ago) and I'm loving it!

I had discovered the CKD on the last day of the v-diet so I had a bit of knowledge about it during the transition off, and I had stuck to a fat and protein diet during the transition, minus the carb up on the weekend. This means I prob kicked into keto a little sooner than Monday but I made Mon the official start due to eating everything on the diet plan.

My diet consists of around 2000 cals (maintenance at 2400). About 140g of protein and 140g of fat. It's a bit harder to get the exact amount now that I'm not just drinking shakes aha. So far though I have kept the numbers pretty accurate.

Due to this I have lost a little more weight! Weighed in at 72.5 kilos this morning. Definitely not losing weight as fast as v-diet, but I'm not complaining... I get to EAT!! :p

I'll probably update every few days or so since this diet isn't restricted to 28 days. Keep it up all those v-dieters (and ex v-dieters :D) out there I am following your threads!!

FrostFox
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah, counting cals is a pain in the ass. Once you get all of your "standard meals" all calculated and stick to them, it's not so bad anymore. :)

Enjoy eating all of that cheese, lucky bastard!

Bar182
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Can you give links to where you got your supps? I live in Australia as well and cant seem to find everything.

Cheers

fkn_give_me_abs
08-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Can you give links to where you got your supps? I live in Australia as well and cant seem to find everything.

Cheers

Protein: matrix 5.0 from here http://www.thesupplementden.com.au/shop?search_text=matrix+5.0&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Linseed (flax seed): couldn't find any milled linseed (Australian way of saying flax seed), so i used a "seed mix" from my local supermarket which was a mixture of milled seeds. Had only slightly less fibre and about the same for everything else, worked fine for me though (compared it to whole linseeds to see if it was okay). You SHOULD be able to find milled linseed at health stores though.

Biotest Products (Flameout, Surge): The biotest Australia website http://www.biotest.com.au . BUT looking on that site it looks as though they don't sell flameout anymore (which isn't a problem, just use fish oil caps).

I didn't use a fat burner. Fish oil caps you can get from the supermarket. I also advise trying orange juice or gatorade/powerade instead of surge for workouts (anything liquid high in sugar/carbs), you'll save a lot of money. That's about it :D

fkn_give_me_abs
08-29-2007, 11:50 PM
yeah, counting cals is a pain in the ass. Once you get all of your "standard meals" all calculated and stick to them, it's not so bad anymore. :)

yeah i've got all the main meals plugged into www.fitday.com so it's not so annoying any more aha.

Enjoy eating all of that cheese, lucky bastard!

i will!! :D

i have some right here aha

Dublo
08-30-2007, 04:10 AM
I had a turkey and cheese sandwich today. I thought to myself, "Man, I'm gunna miss cheese during the v-diet".

Hahaha

archael
08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm on the second day of the v-diet.. I haven't had any hunger pangs yet though and it's really not so bad for me yet.. I really miss food though hehe ;) Maybe I should start a log too.....

Dublo
09-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey, I'm starting my v-diet tomorrow and I just got a question, maybe you could answer?

Instead of Surge on a weight training day, should I just down a Gatorade after I workout along with a protein shake?

FrostFox
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Any carbohydrates after your workout is fine. Lots of people who did the vdiet had their protein shakes w/ fruit juice afterwards... brand names etc. doesn't matter, just carb up so your body can build/maintain that muscle!

archael
09-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeah just make sure you dont get too many calories in.. usually post workout nutrition adds up to around 300 cals and around 40-50g of proteins on v-diet.. try to match that with whatever sources you want.. dont get more than 50g of carbs though.. it will likely store as fat since it's more than you need to restore glycogen levels.

archael
09-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh and also.. post workout shakes offer the 3 BCAAs you use up the most during your workout.. l-valine, l-leucine, l-isoleucin.. you probably wont get that from elsewhere.. but get it if you can, they are important!

fkn_give_me_abs
09-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Well I haven't lost ANY weight so far aha. I went down to about 72kgs on friday, then after the carb up went up to around 75kg (sunday), and as of today back at 73kgs (wednesday).

I'm thinking I might have to eat a little more clean on the carb up days (had a pizza and some tim tams along with the healthy carbs). Or maybe I will carb up over a shorter period of time.

Either way I'm sure the diet is fine, just gotta do something with the carb up day.

I have noticed that my friday gym sesh is a lot tougher than the others, but that is expected due to lack of carbs on the friday. Otherwise energy is good, and lifting sessions earlier in the week are fine.

See yas!

fkn_give_me_abs
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey, I'm starting my v-diet tomorrow and I just got a question, maybe you could answer?

Instead of Surge on a weight training day, should I just down a Gatorade after I workout along with a protein shake?

Yep as the other guys said above, gatorade is a fair alternative to surge. Start drinking it during your workout if you find yourself lacking in energy.

SilverSpork
02-28-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm definately trying this diet when I stop bulking.

I have to go to a geological field camp this summer for 5 or 6 weeks, wonder if that time will be good to do on it then. I don't think I will have access to weights either so I will be doing some mad body weight exercises.