PDA

View Full Version : Joanne's Journey to a better Jo

Jo110465
07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
My friend said that I should start a journal, that it may help me, and I believe him. For those of you that wanna know me...My name is Joanne. My friends call me Jo. You can call me Jo. I am 41 yrs old. Married for the third time...took me a while to get it right. No kids from the first, 2 from the second, and 1 from my everlasting husband Brendan. He's very supportive and so are my kids. I have been overweight since I can remember. First or second grade. I was 130 by the 6th grade and 180 by the time I graduated high school. I was 200 by the time I hit 20 and spent most of my adult life at 280. Lots of ups and downs in between. When I was pregnant with my third child I weighed in at 300 1/2 the day before they induced me to deliver her. That was the first and only time I hit 300 and it scared me. After she was born I got down to 260 and kept that for a year until last year after my 11-4 birthday when the weight started creeping back up. I was at 268 when I joined bb.com but hit 270 before I started serious workouts. I lost 5 lbs my first week but then last week, my 2nd week, I put three of them back on. Well, that brings us to now...this is the begining of the rest of my life. I need to get healthy and on my journey to getting there I plan to learn enough and pick up enough good habits to keep me there. You're welcome to come along for the ride.

Jo110465
07-25-2007, 03:37 AM
I liked it better when I could workout in the morning. I have the most energy then. My husband got a new job and he's been working early in the morning so it's been hard for me to workout in the morning because of the baby. Well she's almost 2 yrs old but she still needs a lot of attention especially when she first wakes up. I went down to do my cardio last night but only did half the time I really wanted to because it was late and I was tired. I'm going down now to see if I can sneak some in before she wakes up. Tonight I will have no problem doing it because I like at least 30 min before I work with the weights which I do faithfully on M, W, F. I look forward to how I feel after working out with weights. Way cool.

Freddie Beef
07-25-2007, 06:50 AM
It is hard to get some morning cardio done with a 2 year old, people that dont have kids cannot fathom the attention and work that comes with kids. I am still adjusting and getting better. My wife starts her clinicals in aug and will be gone from 6am till about 2 pm, It also took some time for my son to know that when daddy does weights, he can either play in his room or watch, he had finally learned to stay back, even though he wants to lift. It is a lifestyle change that I have finally found that small changes every 2 weeks, is easier to deal with then a WHOLE lifestyle change at once. Make babysteps, it will be profoundly easier!!

Jo110465
07-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks Fred. Yeah, I'm still trying to tweak my week so it works for me. I'm usually hungry when I get home from work and also have to get dinner for my family but another problem comes when it starts getting late. I get home from work between 6-7pm. My husband has been going to bed around 8:30 pm because he gets up at 3:30am. I think what I'm gonna try is getting dinner ready in the morning and having my mom, who watches the kids when we work, put it in the oven for me about an hour before we get home. Then I will have time to workout before Brendan goes to bed. Because after he goes to bed I have to be with the baby again so I have to wait until she falls asleep before I can go to the basement and workout. We'll see.

Hotmoltenlava
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Welcome and good luck, Jo!

Jo110465
07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
So after a bit of cardio tonight, I started my workout with barbell squats. So geek that I am I go to put on 20 lbs and I put 20 lbs on each side. When I was done and I go to change the wieght to 40 for my bench press I looked and laughed, wow, that was 40, I didn't know I had it in me. I've never been very strong and I've never really pushed myself before so in some ways I underestimate myself just not really knowing what I can do. Felt good though having done it. Still having trouble with my knees though. As long as I remember my braces I'm good.

Jo110465
07-26-2007, 03:57 AM
Today is just a cardio day. Kinda boring for me. I always feel like I'm missing something or forgetting something. Anyway, gonna go downstairs and get at it.

cawiau
07-26-2007, 04:34 AM
hey Joanee..just find your thread.
Going to read up on it and comment later
Take care!

Jo110465
07-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Hey, thanks for stopping in. I'm going to take a crack at writing down what I eat. Trying to prepare myself for planning it out before I eat but, one step at a time, lol. I have never been really good at planning because I'm lazy and don't like to take the time to do it. I need to plan though because then I can see the pitfalls before they happen. If it's not on my list that day I can't eat it. Or if there is a party or outing, I can be prepared for it and not ruin all my hard work. I am a work in progress tweaking a little here and there everyday. Eventually I will find a schedule that works for me and when I do, I'll let you know.

Hardy1111
07-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Good to see another journal, good luck with your goals, I'll be watching for updates :D

Jo110465
07-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Thank you Hardy. Yesterday was just a cardio day for me. Today cardio and weights. Gotta go to work now but I tell you tonight how it went. Have a great day guys! Later Gator

Jo110465
07-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I started out with cardio as usual. Normally I do 30 min on the bike but I mixed it up a little tonight and added just a few minutes more. I did 5 min on the stepper (not great knees or lower back here) then did 10 min on the tread mill, and finished up with 22 minutes on the bike between 10 -13 mph. I start the weights wtih squats. I do 15 reps of each exercise. When I can do 15 comfortably then I add 5 more lbs. I will do this for another week or two then do two sets of 15. It's a start. Well I had been doing 20 lbs on the squats for a few days but on Wed I wasn't really paying attention because I was working out with a friend and we were talking, anyway, I put 20 lbs on each side. I did 10 squats ok but the last 5 were too hard. I wasn't able to do them properly so tonight I did 30 lbs and did all 15 properly. Then I bench press 40 lbs x15. I pull down 70 lbs x 15. The overhead press I was doing 20 lbs but my husband explained the proper way I should do those and as it turns out, I can only do 15 lbs x 15. Barbell curls I do 20 lbs x 15. The dumbbell extensions I can do 10 lbs x 15 per arm. The standing calf raises 50 lbs x 15. The lunges I do with a 10 lb weight in each hand x 15 and I do 15 crunches holding on to 30 lbs in plates. I think I will up that one to 35 the next time. I am really very tired now as it is getting late. I hope I didn't misspell anything, LOL. Good night.

Hotmoltenlava
07-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice job, Jo. Keep it up.

Have a good one.

Freddie Beef
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Great job. Sounds like things are going really good. Keep it up. LEt me know if ya need any advice. Good Night!!!

Jo110465
07-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I know that 2lbs is a healthy loss for one week, I'm just impatient. Workouts have been good, though I didn't do one thing physical today. I did go to church though, and I did some shopping and played cards with my folks just nothing that would pass as excerise. Felt wierd to have a day of rest. Like I was forgetting something or missing something. I'll be right back at it tomorrow though. Have a good night.

Freddie Beef
07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Way to go.....

jhf
07-29-2007, 08:43 PM
A day of rest goes a long way. Good job with the progress so far... 2 pounds might not seem like a lot but it adds up quickly and the time flies. Keep it up :)

Jo110465
07-30-2007, 04:02 AM
Thank you. Today I start writing down what I eat. My first step to PLANNING what I will eat. I hate writing stuff down and planning but I know it will help me with my nutritional problems. Wish me luck.

Jo110465
07-31-2007, 04:20 AM
Well I wrote down everything I ate yesterday and I am pleased. Pleased that I did it and that I ate pretty clean. I say pretty clean because there were two things on the list that shouldn't have been. My kids and my husband had dino nuggets for dinner (chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs) and I scammed one. I also had one cookie. But thats really good for me. Everything else was good and in proper portion. I actually like when it's time to eat again and my stomach is growling. I feel like I'm doing something right. I'm striving for another good day today. Today is my sons birthday but since we already had the party I should be ok. Have a great day.

Freddie Beef
07-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Sounds like you are headed in the right direction

Hotmoltenlava
07-31-2007, 06:59 AM
I know that 2lbs is a healthy loss for one week, I'm just impatient.

2lbs a week is great! I know you want more, but this way you won't have lose skin and you won't lose too much muscle. You'll be glad you did it this way. I have seen too many posts on here of people that lost really fast, only to find out that they have lose skin or no muscle left. Think of it as 8lbs a month or 48lbs in 6 months. Whatever your goal is, think of it in terms of how many months or weeks you have left. Always look long term. Keep it up!

Have a good one.

Jo110465
08-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Thanks guys. I survived my sons birthday yesterday. I work near my folks house and my mom who watches our kids when we work took the kids to her house to make a lunch for Phillips birthday so that I could join them. I did really well I think. She did make this really good lemon desert though but the piece I had was really small. Took two little bites to finish it and I was really happy with myself that I could stop there because it was still warm and gooey and really good, lol. Then I told my husband, since he got out last night before me, to stop on his way home and pick up pizza for them for dinner because it's my sons favorite. I called him on my way home and asked him to please put it all away before I get home because I had fish and brown rice that I was planning on having. I SURVIVED PIZZA AT MY HOUSE!!!! YEAH!!! I did not have even one piece of pizza or one piece of bread. That is a very big positive step for me. Yay me. LOL.

cawiau
08-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Good Job on surviving so far.
Remember...portion control is really important. As long as you can manage that than you are good to go.
Also, good job on keeping a log of all your foods, really going to help tremendously!

Freddie Beef
08-01-2007, 06:10 AM
That is a very big positive step for me. Yay me. LOL.

Great job!! Keep it going and you will be at your goal before you know it!!

Jo110465
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Thank you, thank you. This is quite fun for me. Doing well that is. Kind of a high all it's own, lol.

Hotmoltenlava
08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I SURVIVED PIZZA AT MY HOUSE!!!! YEAH!!!

Well done. Keep it up!

cawiau
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Kind of a high all it's own, lol.

Tell me about it ;)
Now...let's try keeping you high all the time :D
We can do this :cool:

Jo110465
08-02-2007, 04:52 AM
I was trying not to look at the scale until Sunday but I cheated and looked this morning. I liked what I saw so if I don't screw up between now and then, I'll have a good week. That feeling makes me want to do better. I don't want to let myself down again. We'll see.

Freddie Beef
08-02-2007, 05:02 AM
II liked what I saw so if I don't screw up between now and then, I'll have a good week.

remember, it is up to YOU!! Keep it up!

Jo110465
08-04-2007, 04:26 AM
Well I said that I wanted to keep track of my measurements once a month. Today would be one month from when I took them last but tmr is my weigh in day so I think I will wait until tmr and take the measurements then. I'm down one hole on my belt but I don't think much else has changed. Well see.

jhf
08-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Good luck with the measurements and weigh in tomorrow! Just keep in mind the measurements are the most important part... the weight is really inconsequential... heh, specially since yer a woman you have hormone and monthly issues to deal with but the tape shouldn't lie :)

Yay! 1st on page 2!!!

Freddie Beef
08-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Well I said that I wanted to keep track of my measurements once a month. Today would be one month from when I took them last but tmr is my weigh in day so I think I will wait until tmr and take the measurements then. I'm down one hole on my belt but I don't think much else has changed. Well see.

I am ready to see your progress

Jo110465
08-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Well another 3lbs bit the dust this time around. Also turns out that I'm lifting more than I thought. Geek that I am, I didn't count the bars I use. I will figure that out today and change what I've posted. Also, today is measurement day. My husband is still sleeping but when he gets up I'm gonna have him measure me. That's always fun, lol. Wish me luck.

Freddie Beef
08-05-2007, 06:26 AM
My husband is still sleeping but when he gets up I'm gonna have him measure me. That's always fun, lol.

Dont have TOO much fun..............lol

Jo110465
08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I adjusted my lifting stats to include the weight of the bar. Duh. I also have new measurements that I haven't posted yet but I will. Been real busy. On my lunch break now so I gotta fly. More later.

cawiau
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
good job on dropping the 3 lbs!!!
You are seriously kicking ass :D
Keep up the good work ;)

Freddie Beef
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Keep it up Jo!!!

chrischap01
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
keep up the good work!!

Jo110465
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Thank you very much...I can't tell you how much I hate this. Well I like it when it's progressive, yes. I like the results. I totally love working with weights and I even like the cardio sometimes but I HATE WATCHING WHAT I EAT. That's the hardest part for me. I love food. The different tastes and tectures. I love comfort food. I think though that I'm finally finding a sort of balance between eating healthy and tasting the "good stuff" now and then without over doing it. I'm at my folks house right now. I went to pick up the kids after work and my mom made this great dinner. I did pretty good. I wasn't full but I was done, ya know, and my dad offers me some cashews...my favorite nut...and freaks out when I say no thank you like I was talking a foreign language or something. My family is not used to seeing me say no to food. lol Go figure. I'm getting used to it though. Oddly enough I like when my stomach growls...I figure I'm doing something right. I only did good writing my food down for a few days. I'm lazy and I don't like doing it so I probably won't. I did find out though that If I don't eat again until my stomach growls and only eat a little, just to get by, then I'm doing ok. It's probably not the recommended way to do it but so far its been working for me. We'll see.

Jo110465
08-10-2007, 03:57 AM
You ever have one of those days where you just feel like blah? Well that's today for me. I am so tired I feel like I should sleep at my desk when I get to work but I work right under the boss and our desks face each other so that's not possible. I'm pissed that I missed my workout on Wed night. I got a little exercise in on Thurs morning but not enough to make up for it. Went to bed late Wed night and last night but got up yesterday and today at 4 am when my husband had to get up and it just screwed up my whole sleep. My eyes look like I'm high or something. Anyway I corrected my lifting stats and that looks better now I'm just hoping for a good week on the scale. Oh hey I never updated my measurements. I'll do that this weekend too. Have a great day.

FrostFox
08-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Keep it up. Repped! Remember, you want to get in reasonable shape so you can be a better role model for your kids.

I hope I don't get flamed to hell and back for that statement :P

Jo110465
08-12-2007, 07:29 AM
You're not gonna get flamed, lol. It has so much to do with my kids and my husband. I'm doing this because I want the best life for myself but yeah, I want to be around a while for my kids and I want to be able to do things with my family for a long time. I turned 40 right after my youngest daughter was born. She will be 2 in October. I'll be 58 when she graduates from high school. Most other parents are in their late 30's or early 40's when their kids graduate. I need to step it up if I want to be around a while.

Saint Mike
08-12-2007, 07:35 AM
We all have those days when we don't want to eat right, don't want to do cardio, don't want to go to the gym, etc. It happens. The important part is to push through it and know that tomorrow will be better.

Repped for willpower.

Jo110465
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Well I had a good week this past week. It didn't show on the scale but I didn't expect it to. Not this weekend. Being on the pill makes my periods the same time every 4 weeks. On the weekend. (yeah, probably more info than you care to know about me. too bad, lol) No matter what I eat or how much water I drink my ankles and feet swell up like Shrek feet. Puffed up like a baloon. Lower back hurts and tummy gets icky. The scale always goes up starting around Fri or Sat then back to normal by like Tuesday or so. I was watching during the week and the scale looked good on Wed so I expect it to look good by next Sunday when I weigh in again. Bought more fruit and veggies to snack on and include in my meals so I am feeling better about my food choices. Bought a bamboo steamer and I can't beleive how good the broccoli tastes now. We'll see.

Jo110465
08-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Well I did do my regualr workout last night but I had to cut my squats and lunges. My left knee used to be my bad knee but since I started working out with weights my right knee has been in more pain than the left. I've had a brace for my left knee for a while now. Dr called it some real long name with patela in it. Said they also call it runners knee. She said that runners often get it and overweight people. Well I've never been a runner so that leaves the later. Duh, lol. Anyway my knee caps tend to not stay in place which causes severe pain not to mention how stupid I feel when I almost fall over trying to find something to brace myself when my knee gives out. Well after I started working out my right knee started doing the same thing so I went to my doctor and she gave me another brace just like the left one for my right knee. Too late. I should have thought of that before I started working out. Now I am having pain in my right knee even when I am not working out. The pain in my right knee is constant which makes me want to take the 800 mg motrin my dr gave me except I have to be careful with that because my liver enzymes tend to get elevated quite easily. So, how was your day, lol. Anyway, still watching my diet and still doing cardio on my stationary bike. That doesn't seem to bother my knees at all until after the 40 min mark so I'm pretty good there. And still doing the rest of my weight exercises.

Jo110465
08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
My buddy Tom had an interesting blog that got me thinking about how many times I would try something to lose weight, some new diet of one kind or another, and it would work. I'd lose a few lbs but get bored or tired of restricting or for whatever reason I would stop. Go back to the same old habbits and gain back the weight. I've tried so many different things. People would say, oh Jo you didn't put on the weight in day you can't take it off in a day. You gotta keep at it but I wouldn't. I am so determined not to stop this time that I was getting really ticked off at myself when I would screw up and eat something I shouldn't. Screw that. I am gonna screw up and eat something that I shouldn't. Not because I'm weak or have no will power but because I made a consious decision to put that into my mouth. Yeah I did get ticked at myself pretty bad my second week at this because I had worked so hard on the workouts and on my eating before that happened. My anger ended up turning into determination to do better the next time I was tempted. I realized, once I faced the fact that I will screw up, I actually don't screw up as much any more. I don't know maybe I was putting too much pressure on myself or maybe I had off the wall expectations. I can do this and have been doing this for 7 lbs so far. And plan to do it for another 103 or so. I don't know if this is making any sense because I tend to ramble but I do know that no matter what, whatever happenes, I will not stop. I'm having trouble with my knees right now but I will not stop. I love food and I love to eat but I will not stop. So, I'll see ya around and if you stick around, you'll see a lot less of me.

Hotmoltenlava
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
So, I'll see ya around and if you stick around, you'll see a lot less of me.

Can't wait to see it happen.

You are now "a jewel in the rough".......:D

We struggle day to day, but progress happens in months. Keep it up.

Hotmoltenlava
08-15-2007, 08:05 PM
My left knee used to be my bad knee but since I started working out with weights my right knee has been in more pain than the left.

Have you ever tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin? Works wonders for my back and joints. Just a thought.

Have a good night.

Saint Mike
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Have you ever tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin? Works wonders for my back and joints. Just a thought.+1

I started taking CL Orange TRIad for my multi because of joint support.

Jo110465
08-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. My dad gave me some stuff he had that has glucosamine in it so I'm gonna give that a try. He said he hasn't felt his arthritis in months.

Jo110465
08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Well I had a pretty good week last week. I'm down another 2 lbs for a total of 9 lbs gone and my bf was down by 1.5%. Every little bit helps. Don't know if I'm gonna make my first goal though. It's gonna be close. 11 more lbs in two weeks. Well, we'll see.

Jo110465
08-23-2007, 03:28 AM
I hate this weather. It's been hot and humid and rainy here. Today it's supposed to be 90 and rainy all day so the humidity's gonna make it feel like 105 and sticky. YUCK. I don't feel like doing anything when it's like this. On a lighter note, my knee is starting to feel a little less painful. Gonna start hitting the basement stronger again. Diet has been really good. I've been working harder there to make up for my lack of exercise. Gonna be close trying to reach my first goal. Don't know if I will but I'm gonna keep pushing myself so we'll see.

cawiau
08-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Good to hear about the knee and good job on the diet!!!
Keep up the good work !!!

Hotmoltenlava
08-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Well I had a pretty good week last week. I'm down another 2 lbs for a total of 9 lbs gone and my bf was down by 1.5%. Every little bit helps. Don't know if I'm gonna make my first goal though. It's gonna be close. 11 more lbs in two weeks. Well, we'll see.

Good job, Jo!

Jo110465
08-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm so excited. I'm down another 3lbs this week. I haven't exercised since last week Monday which I know is not good but will rectify this weekend. I'm glad though that I proved to myself I can get control of my eating habits. To a point anyway. We had a birthday at my work and so everyone brought in food. I was really concerned how I would do because as all of you know I LOVE FOOD AND I LOVE TO EAT. I was so happy with myself that I had a little of almost everything I wanted (I stayed away from the chocolate chocolate chip cookies figuring I'll get to those after the weight comes off) without overdoing it. I even had cake. The piece was about the size of an ice cube but none the less it was really good carrott cake. I think that's the trick. Moderation and portion control. So far so good.

Freddie Beef
08-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Sounds like you are doin great!!

Jo110465
08-30-2007, 04:43 AM
This week has been ok but nothing special. We had another birthday yesterday at my work. We have three in August but only two parties because two of them are on the 29th and 30th so we have those together. I didn't do too bad. So far I'm not gaining this week but I'll be lucky if I loose anything. I'm not discouraged though because for me and my eating habits I know I am improving and that's what I need for the long haul. My husband and I were talking about how I didn't think I was going to hit my first goal which was to be at 250 by Sept 1st and he said, well that's ok, you've been in the 250's, I've never seen you in the 240's so why not change your goal to be 249 by Sept 10th. So I did. I'm still going to do the best I can this week but I'm going to try to be down to 249 by 9-10-7. We'll see.

Freddie Beef
08-30-2007, 07:11 AM
You are doin really well!!

Jo110465
09-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Thank you Fred. The frustrating thing is that I know I can do better. I don't think I'll have a loss this week which to me is like a wasted week. As long as I don't gain I will be happy because I did eat a lot of things that I had previously cut out for the purpose of losing weight. I know I did it to myself. It wasn't like...oh gee how come I didn't lose this week, ya know. Any way, next week is a new week.

We're taking the kids to the zoo today so I'm gonna get in a lot of walking. Should be fun. My older kids have been but Carolyn will be 2 in October, she hasn't gone yet. Have a great Holiday weekend everyone.

Jo110465
09-04-2007, 05:22 AM
Well I'm ready for a new week. My two older kids start school today. I wasn't really ready. I'm so unorganized. Working on that. This is going to be an excellent week because I'm going to make it happen. I didn't lose last week, though I didn't think I would because I wasn't careful with my eating. I knew what I was doing when I was doing it so I have no one to blame but myself. This week will be good though. Back to the grindstone. Everyone have a good week.

Freddie Beef
09-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Well I'm ready for a new week. My two older kids start school today. I wasn't really ready. I'm so unorganized. Working on that. This is going to be an excellent week because I'm going to make it happen. I didn't lose last week, though I didn't think I would because I wasn't careful with my eating. I knew what I was doing when I was doing it so I have no one to blame but myself. This week will be good though. Back to the grindstone. Everyone have a good week.

The main thing is that you realize what you did, and the consequences. I know you will be back on track and losing soon.

Jo110465
09-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Thank you so much for your support Fred. Today was actually a pretty good day. Only bad part was that I ate dinner a little later than I would rather but I had to go to my kids school and meet their new teachers. I made good eating choices though. Few more days of that and I will be right on track.

Jo110465
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
I believe today is going to be another great day. Can't wait to see what Sunday says.

Jo110465
09-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Well I'm down one more pound. Not great but way better than going up one more pound. I set a new goal for myself. We'll see. I'm stepping up my workouts this week as my knee is better. Not great but better. Still slips on me every other day or so. Because of that I'm not going to be doing lunges or squats for a while but I'm definately stepping up the cardio and upper body workouts. Have a good weekend everyone.

Freddie Beef
09-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Congrats, but dont feel bad about your knee, just use caution, I have my left knee wrapped right now, it has given me trouble for the past 8 years, it really kills right now.

Jo110465
09-12-2007, 04:52 AM
Well so far so good. With my nutrition anyway. I still haven't stepped up my workouts like I wanted to. Everytime I think I'm good to go...I'm not. I started wearing my brace all the time now, like I'm supposed to. I don't like wearing it to work but my pants have gotten loose enough that I can wear it under them and they still fit loose so...I'm wearing it. It is helping. Every time I would think I was ok I would do something that set me back again. Going to try to be patient and stay really strict on my diet. We'll see.

Freddie Beef
09-12-2007, 05:34 AM
Well so far so good. With my nutrition anyway. I still haven't stepped up my workouts like I wanted to. Everytime I think I'm good to go...I'm not. I started wearing my brace all the time now, like I'm supposed to. I don't like wearing it to work but my pants have gotten loose enough that I can wear it under them and they still fit loose so...I'm wearing it. It is helping. Every time I would think I was ok I would do something that set me back again. Going to try to be patient and stay really strict on my diet. We'll see.

Thats what I like to hear!!

Jo110465
09-13-2007, 01:35 AM
UGH. My lower back has been hurting for 5 days now. It started over the weekend which didn't surprise me then because my lower back is always sore during my period (I know, too much info) but goes away when I'm done. It's never lasted this long making me think it's something else. I thought maybe it was bothering me because of the way I was limping because of my knee but I've been wearing the brace on my knee all during the day now and yesterday I wasn't limping at all due to my knee so why is my back still hurting. I realize I am getting older but come on. I have one last idea. Sounds stupid saying it but it's the only other thing I can think of. I'm used to getting 6-7 hours of sleep per night. In the past I've found that when I am laying for too long after that my lower back would be sore when I got up then go away as I started to move about. Lately I've started sleeping 8 hours per night like the experts say we're supposed to. I wonder if I'm laying down too long at a time. We get up early so we started going to bed earlier. I went to bed last night by 9:30 - 10:00 and woke up this morning at 3:30 and couldn't fall back asleep and sure enough my back is really sore. Any thoughts on this???

Freddie Beef
09-13-2007, 04:08 AM
It could be from when you had a hurt knee............

Jo110465
09-21-2007, 02:50 AM
I know I haven't posted much in a while. I've been working a lot. We had someone off for hand surgery so I'm getting home later and after dinner and putting the kids to bed I'm too tired to sit in front of the computer. My knee has been doing better and my lower back is less sore. We'll see how I do this weekend. We're giong to Holly on Saturday for the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Long day of walking. Wish me luck.

Hotmoltenlava
09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
We all have setbacks. It's part of life.

Life is what happens when you are making other plans, yes?

Just make sure you come back.

Have a good weekend (and I hope your hand heals).

Saint Mike
09-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Life is what happens when you are making other plansA wise one, that John Lennon was.

chrischap01
09-23-2007, 09:18 AM
don't let the little things get in your way. Personally, i feel better and have more energy to tackle hard days at work or issues at home if I get in some good work at the gym!

keep your chin up, you have been doing a good job. you can do this!

Jo110465
09-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Thank you all so much for your support. Watching my progress must be like watching one of those long drawn out sagas that seem never ending. I am making progress but slooooowly. I'm at 257 for the second week in a row for a total loss of 13 lbs. I'm not complaining. I'm glad I didn't gain. Taking control of my eating habits is a neverending struggle for me and the hardest part of all of this getting healthy stuff. : ) I love food and I love to eat it. Right now I'm still working on self control. I've stopped putting a date on my goals. My next goal is 249. We'll see. Everyone have a great week.

Jo110465
09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Well I'm down one more lb and 1.3% bf for a total of 14 lbs down and 3% bf. Can't complain, still going down. Oh man, it's so hard though. Probably why I would always stop in the past. Not stopping this time though. It's not a diet this time. Changing my lifestyle. So as long as I'm living...gotta keep at it. It's getting easier though. Cutting down on the portion sizes and cutting out the bad foods. Not as hard as it used to be. More second nature now. Between now and Jan 18th is so hard for me. Many birthdays and holidays. We'll see. Wish me luck.

Hotmoltenlava
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Keep it up, Jo. Progress is progress.

Jo110465
09-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Thank you. That's so funny. I just said that same thing to someone else not a minute ago. Progress is progress. I know I'm moving at a snails pace but I'm still moving.

Jo110465
10-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I know I haven't been on much and haven't posted in a while. We've had two people out at my work. One left for maternity leave and the other for hand surgery. I've been working 6 days a week and a lot of overtime. I went to my doctor finally for my lower back pain. The pain was mostly on the left side of my bum and would sometimes shoot down my left leg. She says it's my sciatic nerve. Sucks. I have at least mastered maintaining my weight. I'm not doing great at losing but hey, I'm not gaining. Now I have to master losing :). I probably won't post again until next weekend. Oh hey, my youngest turned 2 today. Way cool. Anyone who reads this...have a great week.

Jo110465
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Well, one more pound gone. Slowly but surely. One really cool thing for me today is that I am wearing pants that I haven't worn in 10 years because they got too tight. Way cool.

Freddie Beef
10-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, one more pound gone. Slowly but surely. One really cool thing for me today is that I am wearing pants that I haven't worn in 10 years because they got too tight. Way cool.

Way to go!!!

Jo110465
10-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Well I'm excited today. Was gonna wait until Sunday to get on the scale but I felt like I was doing good so I had to check it out. 2 more lbs gone. Feels good. 4 more lbs and I will hit my next goal of 249. I can't wait. Way cool.

chrischap01
10-24-2007, 04:26 AM
Well I'm excited today. Was gonna wait until Sunday to get on the scale but I felt like I was doing good so I had to check it out. 2 more lbs gone. Feels good. 4 more lbs and I will hit my next goal of 249. I can't wait. Way cool.
great job!!

Jo110465
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Thank you. It feels really good. Just makes me wanna do better. :)

Jo110465
11-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I love birthdays. I'm still holding at 253 but I'm thankful for that because from October to the end of the year is the time I usually gain. 10-13 is my daughter Carolyn's birthday, then Halloween, then my birthday, then Thanksgiving, then my dad's birthday on 12-1, then my husbands birthday on 12-15, then Christmas and New Years finishing up with my brother's birthday on 1-18. I usually gain from October to January so the fact that I'm holding and not gaining is very cool for me. Now if I can just get to where I can still loose through all this I will have really accomplished something. :)

Hotmoltenlava
11-04-2007, 07:21 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Du-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu.......Ya say it's your birthday!....Du-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu

:D

Keep it up, Jo.

Jo110465
11-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Well, one more lb gone. Sloooowly but suuuurely. I do have to buy a new belt though because the last hole is a little loose now. Also need new pants for work because the other ones look silly they are so big. Hate spending the money though because I'll have to do it again in a few months, hopefully.

Jo110465
11-18-2007, 01:05 AM
I am so tired. Can't sleep now because I fell asleep at 8pm last night. I'm just tired of working so much overtime. That's supposed to change after Thanksgiving next week but we'll see. On a cool note, my bf dropped a bit. A tiny bit, but enough to motivate me a little more. When I get to the weight I want I will have lost half of my starting weight and at my currect weight I am half fat. My bf has been in the 50's since I started this journey but finally it's getting close to being out of the 50's. I'm at 50.8 which makes me want to work harder to get it under 50 sooner. I'll let ya know when that happens. Have a great week. :)

Freddie Beef
11-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Keep at it Jo, you will get there, and I will be working lots of evertime soon, so then it will be my turn to be tired........lol

Jo110465
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Finally made it out of the 250's. That was my first goal because I had been at 254 as recently as one year ago but I haven't been in the 240's in almost 10 years. Way cool. I'm thinking I maybe could get to 240 by 1-1-8. We'll see. I think it's doable. I'll keep ya posted.

Hotmoltenlava
12-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Well done, Jo!

Keep on going!