07-24-2007, 01:45 AM
*self-funded un-sponsored log*
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/therm.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/cyto.html
http://gasparinutrition.com/products/index.php

damn im fat.

no seriously.

what happened?

i used to be about 250lbs of practically pure fat and after a long, hard year and a half i finally cut down to 180lbs. i was very much stronger, leaner, and healthier; but, my physique was still FAR from personally satisfying. i simply felt small and weak. a year and a half of being hypocaloric does things to a man and the day i hit 179.8lbs (jan 9th, 2007) was the day i finally started bulking. oh it was fine at first...

as of the moment i am writing this, it is july 23rd, 2007. that is 7 long months of bulking right there and i didnt stay clean for long. oh i still eat SORTA clean, but it was like i was having a cheat meal every other day and that is just not good. i would say i was down to ~15% when i hit 180lbs back then, but i dont have pics and my memory tends to inflate (or in this case deflate) numbers if i dont take down strict notes. maybe i was 15% then, but im sure not 15% now. i would say im 19%, but in all honesty im probably significantly higher than that. feel free to estimate my body fat composition; in fact, i would appreciate getting more input on it.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4608/frxu8.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frxu8.jpg)http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2908/fdbrp2.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fdbrp2.jpg)http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7095/hsdg5.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hsdg5.jpg)
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3525/mmty2.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mmty2.jpg)http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6238/qdpb2.th.jpg (http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=qdpb2.jpg)http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1319/srlm2.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srlm2.jpg)

IT IS TIME TO CUT!

these measurements were taken after i finished my **** jungle warfare, bad ass mass, and pro-anabol three month bulking stack. i thought i felt leaner when i finished JW/BAM but maybe fatter when i finished PA. maybe PA just didnt sit well with my body or maybe JW/BAM worked out very well for me, but whatever it is it is just hard for me to get accurate reading with calipering myself being as fat and formerly fat as i am/was.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Weight: 197lbs

Neck: 16.25 inches
Chest: 41.75 (around nipples)
Waist: 32.25?(2 above navel)
Abdomen: 35.75 (around navel)
Hips: 37 (2 below navel)

Left Upper Arm: 16.25
Left Forearm: 12.25
Right Upper Arm: 16.33
Right Forearm: 12.25

Left Mid Thigh: 23.25
Left Calf: 16
Right Mid Thigh: 23.5
Right Calf: 16

The Diet...

my diet is going to be centered around oatmeal or a whey/casein shake for breakfast, chicken, broc****, and caulifower for lunch, a zero impact bar maybe at some point throughout the day, omelette (egg/veggie/cheese/meat), and hopefully whatever other healthy food i can think up.

supplementation will be as follows:

Gaspari's cytolean and thyrotabs
NOW ADAM multivitamin
Kirkland fish oil 10 caps daily (5 morning and 5 in the evening)
Cytosport's complete whey (still prefer DE, but i could use a change)
ON 100% casein
bulk beta alanine
NOW maltodextrin for post workout (just a bit, maybe 20g or so or i might just have oats)
Applied nutriceutical's RPM
designer supplement's basic cuts

thats right, no creatine. its been a long time since i started creatine and i honestly dont know what its like to not be on it. now is as good a time as ever to see just what im missing.

The Exercises...

workout A: barbell bench press, bent row, tricep extension, and bicep curl

workout B: overhead press, lateral dumbbell raise, stiff legged deadlift, and calf raise

workout C: incline bench press, upward row, deadlift, and rear lateral dumbbell raise

workout D: front squat, cable pull down, tricep press, and ab crunch

i plan to workout at least every other day (3-5 times a week) and throw in a mile or two of +4mph incline walks every now and then.

this is my first cutting log and i dont really know how to best post in it. im so used to simply posting how my workouts went, but cutting is so much more than that. ill post my general feelings (lol) and how things are going, as well as my workouts and weekly reviews and updated pics. wish me luck everyone!

qw3r
07-24-2007, 01:47 AM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4962/rdbcc3.th.jpg (http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rdbcc3.jpg)

posts are stuck with 6 or less pics, so i had to make a new post to add this one. i love my rear double bicep shot because it makes me look so much less fat comparably. heres to hoping in a couple months or so ill look better from the front.

qw3r
07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
.: DAY 2 :.

two days down.

ah i forgot what its like to cut. maybe this disciplining will be good for me, hell, im sure it will. i kept sticking with the excuse that i was bulking so its okay to eat whatever but not anymore. ive been through 6 doses of thyrotabs so far and im not noticing a thing, but the package does say it will probably take a week or so to kick in so ill be patient.

qw3r
07-26-2007, 09:40 PM
.: DAY 4 :.

4 days in and the cravings are starting to kick in. i used to eat cookies all the time, but now its really not that difficult to just say no. when i hit a sweet craving, i just make a whey shake with milk and water and im relatively okay.

on that note, cytosport's complete whey cocoa bean is great! much better than ON's double chocolate and a bit better than DE's chocolate. mixability is wonderful with no clumping or foaming. i think ill be sticking with this one for a good while.

still no noticible effects with thyrotabs, but i wont be messing with dosage. 3 tabs split throughout the day until the box is done is the way it will stay.

qw3r
07-29-2007, 07:54 PM
.: DAY 7 :.

a week has past and this morning i weighed in at 190.8lbs.

i did stop taking creatine, so i dont really know how much lost is water or fat, but i do know that i look a lot smaller. i dont have the heart to measure myself because i know whatever it is will just make me feel depressed so i wont even bother. strength is a little hard to measure since i am trying to work in a higher volume range with much less rest, but as soon as i finish up my first go at these 4 workouts i will post it up for comparisons sake.

as for thyrotabs, im still not noticing any significant difference. i suppose i should be feeling warmer if its doing its thing by "dramatically accelerating and increasing your (my) basal matabolic rate . . . by increasing body core temperature".

nothing to really say about cytolean yet. i have used it before and it works great at warming me up, appetite suppression, and making me feel generally better; but, at the moment i am cycling all stimulants. its been almost two weeks now since i had taken ANY stimulants (basic cuts, cytolean, and RPM are my current favorites) and im dosing reset-a.d. and NOW relora for a bit. btw, im really liking NOW relora for its general mood upliftingness and gentle appetite suppression. then again, it could just be all in my head but i dont care if its placebo as long as it gets the job done.

qw3r
08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
.: DAY 10 :.

ahh i cheated! my mom brought home some lasagna the other day and i couldnt help but eat a slice or two...

or three...

maybe four...

:(

oh well, i ate them throughout the day so its not like i ate them ALL in one sitting. i tried to stuff myself with half a gallon of water after that first slice and it worked for a bit, but i my mouth just kept watering as i passed by it so i had to take another bite. although, im proud of myself for not eating any of those cookies or doughnuts. geez, why must they tempt me so. my brother is about 155lbs with a six pack and never gets fat off any of the junk he eats. just sits there eating twizzlers and hot pockets all day. sucks, but i guess some of us just have to work for it.

like i always say, if you cheat you better enjoy it and be ready to jump back into the diet game plan without regret. i know i dont regret, but i know i wont get to cheat again like that for quite a while.

as for thyrotabs, i definitely feel warmer. just like the box said, three tabs a day and expect to kick in after about a week.

Hotmoltenlava
08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
ah i forgot what its like to cut.

I feel your pain. Cutting is hard. I can't wait until I can clean bulk and maintain. Nice job on your bulk. You don't have that far to go. I would say a little under 20%bf is probably about right.

Good luck.

qw3r
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I feel your pain. Cutting is hard. I can't wait until I can clean bulk and maintain. Nice job on your bulk. You don't have that far to go. I would say a little under 20%bf is probably about right.

Good luck.

thanks for posting! couldnt help but feel a little lonely here without any reponses lol :o

bulking after cutting can be rough. i dieted for a good long time, maybe a year and a half, to get to 180 from about 250 and i really dont want to consider my weight gain a rebound and this cut a yoyo since i have been working out and am significantly stronger, but i must admit my bulk wasnt exactly the cleanest. i built up more muscle, but i would be lying to say a fair amount of fat didnt come along for the ride.

i wish i had pics of me way back when, but im glad to finally bring myself to take them now. heres to hoping we both see the results we are after.

:)

qw3r
08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
.: DAY 11 :.

im so proud of myself, i just completed my first double day! i took a few tips from this article and decided to give double days a try:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do;jsessionid=382296186C7239F66FA49571 FD6FDD80.hydra?id=1666782&cr=

Twice-Per-Day Training

Q: Hey Thib, got any guidelines for twice-per-day lifting?

A: I have a confession to make: I don't really like being in the gym. That's right, despite my love for the iron game, I just can't wait to get out of there! That's why I personally love to train twice per day.

Wait a minute, you're probably thinking, you just said that you hated being in the gym, so why train two times in one day? Well, performing twice-a-day workouts allows me to use very short sessions each time. I prefer to do the same amount of work (or only slightly more) in two short sessions than in one big workout. There are several advantages to this:

1. Being in the gym for only 25-30 minutes doesn't give you time to get bored! You won't lose motivation.

2. Your overall work quality is much higher. By splitting your workload in two daily sessions, you're fresher for the second half of the workout, which means greater gains.

3. You burn more calories. A study by Almuzaini et al. (1998) found that when the same volume of work is divided into two sessions, the total amount of calories burned is greater, mostly due to a higher, more sustained post-exercise oxygen consumption

So for individuals wanting to gain a lot of muscle, this will make it possible to eat more good food without gaining as much fat. And for individuals looking to get ripped, well, the advantage is self-evident!

4. When you perform the same amount of work divided into two sessions you can recover faster from the workload and thus progress at a more rapid pace.

5. Fast-twitch individuals and people with an efficient nervous system seem to respond much better to split training than to one, longer session.

6. You can see twice as many vixens in the same day!

Now, twice-a-day sessions seem to be the Holy Grail, and in some cases they can be. However, it's easy to abuse such a method. Many people will make the mistake of actually doubling their workload ? doing two big sessions instead of two small ones. This is one of the fastest ways to stagnate.

Another classic mistake is to work on the same physiological facet in both sessions. To make the most out of twice-a-day sessions you should vary the type of demand you place on your body. I found that having a functional emphasis in the morning session and a structural emphasis in the evening session to be the best way to train.

A final mistake is to work different body parts on each of the two sessions of a same day. All it does is reduce the recovery time that each muscle group receives (each muscle's turn comes back faster). Furthermore, since you only use a very low volume of work at each session, doing different body parts on each session will actually reduce the training effect.

So how can you make it work? If you respect the following guidelines you should benefit greatly from twice-a-day sessions:

1. Train for no more than 30-40 minutes in the first session and no more than 20-30 minutes in the second.

2. Train the same muscle in both daily sessions.

3. Include more functional-oriented training in the first session of the day. This means heavier weights, more acceleration, or more complex exercises.

4. Include more structural-oriented training in the second session of the day. This means more volume, less weight, and a slower tempo.

5. Use a good post-workout drink like Surge Recovery after every session.

6. Train each muscle only once a week. You can pair muscle groups and train four days per week or only work one muscle per day and train six days per week.

*first session at 11am
bench press: 3 sets of 8 with 170lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 170lbs
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 2 sets of 12 with 80lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 2 sets of 10 with 80lbs
treadmill walk at 4mph for 1 mile

*second session at 9pm
bicep curl EZ bar: 2 sets of 8 with 85lbs
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 2 sets of 10 with 85lbs
bent row: 2 sets of 10 with 155lbs
bench press: 2 sets of 10 with 155lbs
treadmill walk at 4mph for 1 mile with 3pt incline

im hoping to get in these double day workouts every other day or at least no more than two days in between. its going to be rough, but i figure it should lead to some positive results. at the very least, its nice to get some cardio in. im posting this here for everyone to see, so if i fall off i definitely deserve some trash talking.

qw3r
08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
.: DAY 14 :.

this was supposed to be posted yesterday, but i forgot. tomorrow is another lifting day and today i took a rest.

*first session at 6am
seated overhead press: 3 sets of 8 reps with 115lbs
lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 8 reps with 30lbs
stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets of 8 reps with 185lbs
seated calf raise: 4 sets of 12 reps with 187.5lbs

*second session at 7pm
seated overhead press: 3 sets of 8 reps with 115lbs
1 mile walk at 4mph with 3pt incline

qw3r
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
.: DAY 16 :.

weighed in the other day at 191lbs. same weight as i was last week, but we all know not to put much into whatever the scale says. i like to think i look leaner, but its probably all in my head. after i finish my first box of thyrotabs ill post up progress pics before diving into my second box.

*first session at 11am
incline barbell press: 3 sets of 8 reps with 155lbs
upward EZ bar row: 3 sets of 8 reps with 105lbs
deadlift: 3 sets of 8 reps with 205lbs
bent lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35bs

*second session at 10pm
upward EZ bar row: 3 sets of 8 reps with 105lbs
deadlift: 3 sets of 8 reps with 205lbs
bent lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35bs

qw3r
08-10-2007, 01:49 AM
.: DAY 18 :.

started taking creatine again today for a couple reasons. one is that i hate feeling so much smaller and somewhat weaker, but mainly i planned on getting back on creatine soon anyway because my starting measurements were with creatine and a fair comparison couldnt be made without it. ive been off creatine for three weeks so i think thats long enough to give my body a rest off it.

these last few days have been extremely stressful with work and family issues and i sadly crumbled under the pressure and gorged myself with a pretty bad all out cheat. little ceasers pizza, jack in the box, miscellaneous frozen junk, etc. oh well, i feel better now and ready to get back on track.

*first session at 12pm
front squat: 3 sets of 10 reps with 100lbs
cable pull down: 3 sets of 8 reps with 130lbs
tricep press machine: 3 sets of 12 with 100lbs
abs machine: 3 sets of 12 reps with 150lbs
1.5 mile walk at 4mph

*second session at 11pm
front squat: 2 sets of 12 reps with 100lbs
cable pull down: 3 sets of 10 reps with 120lbs
tricep press machine: 2 sets of 12 with 100lbs
abs machine: 2 sets of 15 reps with 150lbs
1.5 mile walk at 4mph with 3pt incline

qw3r
08-13-2007, 11:19 PM
.: DAY 21 :.

*first session at 6am
bench press: 3 sets of 8 with 175lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 175lbs
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 2 sets of 12 with 85lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 2 sets of 10 with 85lbs

*second session at 8pm
bench press: 2 sets of 10 with 175lbs
bent row: 2 sets of 10 with 175lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 2 sets of 10 with 85lbs

weighed in at 190lbs today and am starting up taking cee again. ill do a bit of loading at 2.25g taken four times a day (pre and post workout) on lifting days and just twice a day on my days off. im interested in seeing how this effects my weight and overall look, but im sure it should be for the better.

qw3r
08-16-2007, 12:19 AM
.: DAY 23 :.

*first session at 11am
seated overhead press: 3 sets of 8 reps with 125lbs
lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 8 reps with 35lbs
stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets of 8 reps with 205lbs
seated calf raise: 4 sets of 15 reps with 187.5lbs
1 mile walk at 4.1mph

*second session at 9pm
seated overhead press: 2 sets of 10 reps with 115lbs
lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30lbs
stiff legged deadlift: 2 sets of 10 reps with 185lbs
1.5 mile walk at 4.2mph

ah i love RPM! just a simple 4 cap dosage half an hour before my first workouts lasts and lasts and lasts me throughout the whole day. i can really feel the cee kicking in as i have been drinking (and peeing) so much more throughout the day.

qw3r
08-18-2007, 10:08 PM
.: DAY 26 :.

*first session at 6am
upward EZ bar row: 3 sets of 8 reps with 110lbs
deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps with 225lbs
bent lateral dumbbell raise: 2 sets of 12 reps with 35bs

*second session at 7pm
incline barbell press: 2 sets of 8 reps with 155lbs
upward EZ bar row: 2 sets of 8 reps with 100lbs
deadlift: 3 sets of 5 reps with 255lbs

weighed in at 189lbs this morning which is surprising since it has been about a week since i started taking creatine again. i figured my weight would have gone up a bit due to water, but maybe i lost more fat to compensate.

blkbelt42
08-20-2007, 11:26 AM
good work man keep it up. How do you like the twice a day plan? I thought about doing it but I think I'd do the whole body - like back, chest, arms in the morning and legs and shoulders in the evening, not sure yet still thinking it through but hell, might as well give a go and see what my body tells me is right. reps for ya!

qw3r
08-22-2007, 12:17 AM
good work man keep it up. How do you like the twice a day plan? I thought about doing it but I think I'd do the whole body - like back, chest, arms in the morning and legs and shoulders in the evening, not sure yet still thinking it through but hell, might as well give a go and see what my body tells me is right. reps for ya!

repped back bro, thanks for dropping by!

twice a day is rough when im working and i have to wake up at ~5:30a, lift at 6a, work 8a-5p, and try to still have enough in my tank to put in a half decent stim-free workout so i can get back to sleep and start over. i know my workouts kinda ended up being pretty much every other other day (two days between) and the weight/rep/set/cardio thing has been inconsistent, but im liking this whole "listen to my body" thing. i dont always have the energy to lift ideally, but i do what i can do. mixing things up with the parameters is definitely a great change of pace from the boring day in and day out. some may call that style undiciplined, but im very glad to have rekindled my joy of lifting. :)

qw3r
08-22-2007, 12:22 AM
.: DAY 29 :.

*first session at 1pm
front squat: 3 sets of 8 reps with 115lbs
cable pull down: 4 sets of 6 reps with 140lbs
tricep press machine: 3 sets of 8 with 120lbs
abs machine: 4 sets of 12 reps with 160lbs

*second session at 10pm
front squat: 6 sets of 6 reps with 115lbs
tricep press machine: 3 sets of 8 with 110lbs
abs machine: 4 sets of 12 reps with 160lbs

almost done with my first box of thyrotabs, so i figure its a good time to post up half way pictures of myself. i like to think i look a little leaner in the mirror, but we will see how i measure up. expect these updated pics and measurements soon!

qw3r
08-24-2007, 01:47 AM
.: DAY 31 :.

*first session at 1pm
bench press: 3 sets of 8 with 185lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 165lbs
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 3 sets of 8 with 95lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 6 sets of 5 with 95lbs

*second session at 10pm
bench press: 3 sets of 6 with 185lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 155lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 4 sets of 6 with 85lbs

pics and measurements comming up in a few minutes...

qw3r
08-24-2007, 02:51 AM
.: DAY 31 :.

.: MIDWAY UPDATE :.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7899/a82407fdb8ur7.th.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407fdb8ur7.jpg) http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2202/a82407fr2ky1.th.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407fr2ky1.jpg) http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7486/a82407lq33os6.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407lq33os6.jpg)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4141/a82407mm20lb9.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407mm20lb9.jpg) http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8603/a82407rdb26dv3.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407rdb26dv3.jpg) http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3263/a82407rdb28me1.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a82407rdb28me1.jpg)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Weight: 189lbs

Neck: 16 (in inches)
Chest: 41.25 (around nipples)
Waist: 32 (2? above navel)
Abdomen: 35 (around navel)
Hips: 36.75 (2? below navel)

Left Upper Arm: 16
Left Forearm: 12
Right Upper Arm: 16
Right Forearm: 12

Left Mid Thigh: 23.5
Left Calf: 16
Right Mid Thigh: 22.75

keeping things simple here. ill just let the pics and measurements speak for themselves until i get a chance to update with my thoughts, but for now i need to get some sleep. just another month to go!

qw3r
08-26-2007, 03:40 AM
.: DAY 33 :.

*first session at 6am
seated overhead press: 3 sets of 8 reps with 135lbs
seated calf raise: 4 sets of 15 reps with 187.5lbs

*second session at 11pm
seated overhead press: 3sets of 6 reps with 135lbs
seated calf raise: 3 sets of 12 reps with 200lbs

cheated a bit yesterday on a pizza with the family. every now and then is fine imo, just as long as i keep on track. we will see how i weigh in tomorrow and if those excess carbs and calories bring me down.

ah i love RPM! just a simple 4 cap dosage half an hour before my first workouts lasts and lasts and lasts me throughout the whole day. i can really feel the cee kicking in as i have been drinking (and peeing) so much more throughout the day.[/QUOTE]

qw3r
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
.: DAY 35 :.

my left shoulder and right wrist are feeling pretty torn up, so i think ill take the day off and let myself rest up a bit. woke up this morning and weighed in at 188lbs, so it seems like im right on track. after comparing my pics from last month and last weeks, i think i leaned up a bit in the face and measurements say im a bit smaller all over except for my thighs. my leg strength has always been a weak spot for me and i have never worked legs before at such a relatively higher volume and frequency, so maybe thats why they havent gone down. that, or maybe im genetically predisposed to lose thigh fat later on. whatever it is, i cant wait to lose some size there and squeeze into my jeans a bit better.

qw3r
08-29-2007, 11:12 PM
.: DAY 37 :.

*first session at 6am
incline barbell press: 2 sets of 8 reps with 155lbs
upward EZ bar row: 3 sets of 8 reps with 95lbs
deadlift: 2 sets of 8 reps with 275lbs

*second session at 8pm
upward EZ bar row: 4 sets of 6 reps with 115lbs
deadlift: 3 sets of 6 reps with 275lbs
bent lateral dumbbell raise: 2 sets of 8 reps with 40bs

my bulk supps from the planet came in and im going to start working in gms, leucine, creatine monohydrate and phase out cee to see if i notice a difference. i also picked up a few bottles of alpha drive xl and im thinking if i should finish up this second box of thyrotabs before starting it. any suggestions?

qw3r
09-01-2007, 01:09 AM
.: DAY 39 :.

*first session at 2pm
front squat: 4 sets of 6 reps with 135lbs
cable pull down: 3 sets of 10 reps with 130lbs
tricep press machine: 3 sets of 8 with 120lbs
abs machine: 4 sets of 10 reps with 170lbs

*second session at 11pm
front squat: 4 sets of 5 reps with 135lbs
tricep press machine: 3 sets of 10 with 110lbs
abs machine: 3 sets of 12 reps with 170lbs

its getting harder and harder to stick my diet and lifting routine now that school started again, but i just have to work a bit harder and plan my day a bit better is all. im sure it will all be worth it in the end; no pain no gain, right?

derickonfire
09-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice dude, you have some good mass - you'll look goooooood when you're done with this round.

qw3r
09-04-2007, 02:49 AM
.: DAY 41 :.

*first session at 2pm
bench press: 3 sets of 6 with 195lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 165lbs EZ bar
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 2 sets of 8 with 95lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 4 sets of 5 with 95lbs

*second session at 11pm
bench press: 2 sets of 8 with 185lbs
bent row: 3 sets of 8 with 165lbs EZ bar
laying tricep extension EZ bar: 2 sets of 8 with 95lbs
bicep curl EZ bar: 4 sets of 5 with 95lbs

qw3r
09-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Nice dude, you have some good mass - you'll look goooooood when you're done with this round.

thanks! im hoping to lean out a bit more, but its getting harder and harder to stay clean as time goes on. im probably going to take a month break and eat closer to maintenance once im out of thyrotabs before i get back into the dieting mix. these double day workouts are killing me, but its certainly interesting and im glad i gave it a try. not quite so sure i would ever try any sort of full body double day lifting while low repping out heavy heavy weight though, but it works nicely for a more volume oriented routine. i cant wait, i really need the rest. :)

qw3r
09-07-2007, 08:56 PM
.: DAY 44 :.

been stressing out lately and too tired to lift, but i did get in a few miles of cardio yesterday that i forgot to post. funny of a bit of cardio does wonders for my mood, yet i just cant find the time (or the drive to be perfectly honest) to put it in. i fully intend to lift tomorrow morning, but i doubt ill be able to get in my second session due to not getting off work until 11pm. im not going to lie, i totally fell off my diet the last few days gorging myself with tacos, burritos, and pizza, but i worked that out of my system (sort of) and am ready to get back into the swing of things. seeing that #193 on my scale set me back mentally, but i know full well its due to adding creatine monohydrate and glycerol monostearate to my regimine. definitely not a legitimate reason to fall off so badly, but oh well there is nothing left to do but to pick myself up and work even harder.

qw3r
09-09-2007, 12:36 AM
.: DAY 45 :.

seated overhead press: 4 sets of 8 reps with 115lbs
lateral dumbbell raise: 4 sets of 8 reps with 30lbs
stiff legged deadlift: 4 sets of 8 reps with 185lbs
seated calf raise: 4 sets of 12 reps with 205lbs

just got back from work and simply dont have it in me for that second session.

qw3r
09-12-2007, 12:52 AM
.: DAY 48 :.

incline barbell press: 4 sets of 6 reps with 165lbs
deadlift: 2 sets of 6 reps with 275lbs
deadlift: 2 sets of 5 reps with 315lbs
upward EZ bar row: 4 sets of 6 reps with 115lbs
bent lateral dumbbell raise: 3 sets of 8 reps with 40bs

satisfying workout, but unfortunately i wont be able to work in two lifts a day anymore with school started up. the whole point in doing two sessions was to take advantage of the metabolism increase through two hard and heavy sessions whose total volume is slightly higher than that of a single session. by splitting it up with a large time frame in between and multiple post workout shakes, i feel that i have improved very well. imo its just not worth trying to force in two half ass sessions.

on another note, im pretty sure i have developed a strong tolerance to cytolean. these past few days i bearly feel the stimulating effects at all (physical or mental) but the appetite suppression is still there so i guess its okay. i know i need to take a break, but maybe i should pick up some more reset-A.D. as well.

qw3r
09-20-2007, 02:04 AM
.: DAY 56 :.

dumbbell row: 2 sets of 15 reps with 25lb dbs
tricep swing (basically kickbacks but with arm kept straight): 2 sets of 12 reps with 25lbs dbs
bicep curl: 2 sets of 12 reps with 25lb dbs
hammer curl: 2 sets of 15 reps with 25lb dbs
dumbbell bench press: 2 sets of 15 reps with 25lb dbs
lunge: 2 sets of 10 reps with each leg holding a 25lb db in each hand

finally back from my 7 day, lift-free rest and im glad to get back into things. i decided to pick up a cheap inclining/declining/flat bench to go along with the dumbbells i have at home (four handles and a bunch of plates) and my pull up bar to do a little lifting when i cant get around to the gym. i made up a list of all the exercises i could think of that i could now do at home with a bench, pull up bar, and dumbbells and will basically pick a few at random to do.

for a few days now i have been tapering down my thyrotabs dosage. from my usual 3 tabs a day, i have bumped down to 2 tabs for 4 days, and finally 4 more days of a single tablet. the printed directions dont say anything about this, but des recommends it so i figured i might as well do so. im pretty much out of cytolean and definitely need to pick up more as its one of the best general stimulants i have found for a more gentle energy. great stuff and i highly recommend it.

body weight is back down to 189-190 after creatine mono and gms, so i figure im coping fine after the water weight increase.

qw3r
09-21-2007, 01:29 AM
.: DAY 57 :.

lateral raise: 2 sets of 10 reps with 25lb dbs
overhead press: 2 sets of 15 reps with 25lb dbs
upward row: 2 sets of 10 reps with 40lb dbs
shrug: 2 sets of 20 reps with 40lb dbs
bicep curl: 2 sets of 12 reps with 25lb dbs
hammer curl: 2 sets of 15 reps with 25lb dbs

threw together a shoulders and traps db routine this morning with a bit more bicep work for fun. it was pretty good and i felt like i got a decent workout under half an hour. energy was a bit low today, but thats probably due to lifting in the morning and passing off the post workout shake as breakfast rather than taking the time to sit down for a bowl of oatmeal. i guess breakfast really does make a huge impact on how the rest of the day goes.

qw3r
09-24-2007, 01:36 AM
.: DAY 60 :.

squat: 2 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs
bent row: 3 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs
stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets of 15 reps with 45lb dbs
bench press: 3 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs
bent over lateral raise: 3 sets of 12 reps with 30lb dbs

more miscellaneous dumbbell work playing around with a bit more weight. just a few more days left to go!

qw3r
09-25-2007, 02:15 AM
.: DAY 61 :.

seated overhead press: 2 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs
lateral raise: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30lb dbs
front raise: 2 sets of 8 reps with 30lb dbs
arnold press: 2 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs
tricep swing: 2 sets of 12 reps with 30lb dbs
tricep extension: 2 sets of 15 reps with 30lb dbs

Hotmoltenlava
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Nice progress.

So, after having taken Thyrotabs and Cytolean for a while, do you think they are effective? Would you recommend them?

Have a good one.

qw3r
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
.: DAY 62 :.

upward row: 3 sets of 10 reps with 45lb dbs
bicep curl: 3 sets of 12 reps with 30lb dbs
hammer curl: 3 sets of 10 reps with 30lb dbs
bent row: 3 sets of 10 reps with 45lb dbs
ATG squat: 4 sets of 25 reps body weight (a genuine challenge for me)
shrug: 3 sets of 20 reps with 45lb dbs

i am planning to get final pictures and measurements up tomorrow, or as soon as possible.

qw3r
09-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Nice progress.

So, after having taken Thyrotabs and Cytolean for a while, do you think they are effective? Would you recommend them?

Have a good one.

thanks for the support! i figure now is as good a time as any for my full on review, so here it goes:

.:cytolean review:.

i love cytolean and will continue to use it for its mentally uplifting effects, gentle appetite suppression, and smooth touch of energy without leaving me over stimulated or crashing. however, in regards to fat loss i was never really a believer in stim based fat burners and tend to see them more as a discipline aid. in all honesty, i feel that it is really more of a supplement to self control.

products like these are far from necessary, but i do believe it helped it keep me in line. highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a stimulant based fat burner that also makes a great preworkout stim or even a general work/study booster.

.:thyrotabs review:.

what more can i say other than i lost fat on a diet that was far from perfect. oh, i also lifted weights often and enrolled in a kinesiology class for some additional miscellaneous physical activities. imho, i feel that the thyrotabs had a way of making up for my less than decent diet when coupled with a fair amount of calorie burning workouts. is it a replacement for a terrible diet? no, but i believe it sure did help.

felt no sides what so ever, but maybe the tapering of dosage helped with that. odd that the box doesnt say a thing about it, but Des the gaspari rep and general good guy recommends it and imo his word is good.

ive been warned by mods before about talking about other sites, but i think its safe to say thyrotabs are worth giving a try at a buy one get one free price of $53.99. feel free to P.M.

.:general thoughts:.

in retrospect, this log really just became a standard workout journal rather than a true cutting log. i didnt reach out like i should have and sought the help i needed. that is definitely the biggest flaw i made during this cut that i didnt with my first one: i failed to run out and tell everyone that i was dieting.

oh i told a few people, but they would say things like oh i look good as i am, no need to lose more weight. the first time i cut i was a hugely fat mess and everyone supported me in my goal to get healthier. i had a heavy responsibility on my shoulders not only to lose weight for myself, but so as to not let everyone else down and be a total embarassment. when i succeeded, we succeeded.

this go around i started much better shape (although far far from great) and clearly forgot just how much discipline is needed to be consistent. i ate generally clean most of the time (3/4), but had all too frequent episodes of chinese food, burgers, pizzas, and drinking with the buddies. sure life is stressful, but it still is no excuse.

my best advice to anyone dieting is to let it be known. it is one hell of a journey to try and take on your own, so why not spread the load around. surround yourself with those who support you and dont be afraid to avoid those who seek to impede your goals. let others be your strength and let your success be everyone's success. i forget who i am quoting, but i sure as hell will take that to heart from now on.

Hotmoltenlava
09-26-2007, 07:07 AM
^^
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your measurements.

(I did find the thing you referred to, before I read this)

Have a good one.

qw3r
09-28-2007, 02:58 PM
.: Final Measurements :.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Weight: 187lbs

Neck: 16 (in inches)
Chest: 41 (around nipples)
Waist: 31.75 (3? above navel)
Abdomen: 35.75 (around navel)
Hips: 36.75 (3? below navel)

Left Upper Arm: 16
Left Forearm: 12
Right Upper Arm: 16
Right Forearm: 12

Left Mid Thigh: 23
Left Calf: 15.75
Right Mid Thigh: 22.75

sorry for the delay, its taking forever for me to get a hold of someone to take pictures. i figured i would post measurements now, and hopefully get pics taken this weekend or ill just end up taking some myself and work with it. if that happens, the poses wont be the same, but at least ill have something to post up and compare with.