PDA

View Full Version : Dustin's Velocity Diet Cutting Log

DustinX
07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
This is my log for the 28 day plan called the velocity diet. I was planning to continue bulking this summer and cut during the winter, but my cousin (training partner) had to go back to Michigan, so I decided I might as well cut now and have a nice long bulk over the winter. I was on a regular cutting diet , about 2200 calories for this past month, but after a bunch of reading and several other members doing this as well I decided to give the velocity diet a go. Over the past year I went from skinny body with a chubby stomach (from 138) to 174 pounds. I think I actually have lost some fat over the process but now I want to get rid of all of it. Over the past year I have learned alot from the forums and I'm really glad to be a member.

Diet Plan:

Workout Days:
4x Low Carb Isopure Whey Protein (2x scoops)
1x Low Carb Isopure Whey Protein (1x scoops)
4x Servings of Ground Flax Seed (2 Tblspn)
1x GNC's Creadrive
6x HydroxyCut Hardcore Pills
Total: ~1500 Calories

Non-Workout Days:
4x Low Carb Isopure Whey Protein (2x scoops)
1x Low Carb Isopure Whey Protein (1x scoops)
3x Servings of Ground Flax Seed (2 Tblspn)
6x HydroxyCut Hardcore Pills
18x Fish Oil Capsules
Total: ~ 1300 Calories

I will be working out M/W/F, and Non-Workout Days T/T/S/S. I will be doing some High Intensity Cardio in the mornings before the first shake of the day. I start the shakes at around 9:00 AM and have them every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Although everyone suggests doing low intensity cardio, I really like doing High intensity before breakfast.But, if it doesn't help out, I will switch to the slow later in the day.

DustinX
07-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Day 1

So far today everything is going good. I had my first shake at 9:00 AM and it was kind of hard to drink, but I did it. Also I knew I wouldn't like mixing flax with the shake so I tryed eating it alone. It was pretty nasty but I found out the hard way its easier to put it in your mouth and then take it down with water.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I just did.

Starting Weight:

171.0 Pounds

Here are some before pictures I put together, the back double bicep is about 2 months old but it's accurate. Sorry they are in black&white but I think they look pretty cool like that. Anyways here they are. Also I noticed the pictures appear kind of small, if you want to see a larger version you can go to my bodyspace.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/medium/DustinCollage.jpg

The second shake I had so far was alot better. I have to use Isopure whey because thats what I have, a huge 7 pound tub actually, instead of a whey casein mix. So far there has been no hunger so I'm not sure how this will work out. I have Isopure chocolate, and for the second shake I heated it up to hot in the microwave. It was alot better!! Just like hot cocoa. From now on 4/5 shakes I have will be hot. I will update tonight on how the rest of the day goes including my workout.

Hotmoltenlava
07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Good luck. Velocity is a motha'. Stay strong.

Have a good one.

-Aaron-
07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd drop the fish oils on workout days and add sugar post workout.

EvoSummer
07-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Good luck man. You should look great after the cut!

DustinX
07-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Haha thanks molten it is, and thanks alot Evo. And Aaron, there is no fish oil capsules on workout days and there is sugar (GNC creadrive) which I sip on throughout my workout.Thanks for the help though man.

DustinX
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Day 2:

Today is going great. Since it is a non workout day I am having the fish oil capsules. They are so good I actually break them open and drink the oil inside straight . (just kidding). Anyways yesterdays workout went really well , I did Bi's and Tri's. I took a week off from lifting while I was sick, so they are really sore. I am also going to start doing low intensity cardio as well.

Here is the weigh in for this morning.

Day 2 Weight:

168.0 Pounds

Obviously it is all water weight but it's a start. Now I am having everyone of my Isopure chocolate whey shakes heated up. They taste so good! It's just like hot chocolate, and if you like that taste I would definatley suggest getting isopure chocolate flavor and doing this.

The worst part for me is at night, because I have been having sleeping problems lately, I usually can't fall asleep until at least 1 no matter how early I wake up. After about 10 o clock I get very hungry but last night I dealt with it pretty well. I have some cravings but I can tell they are going away slowly.

Current Craving's: Pizza hut breadsticks

DustinX
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
End of Day 2. Tonight I was supposed to go do some low intensity cardio, but about 30 minutes ago I started getting a massive headache and now my stomache is kind of upset =( . I'm really bummed out but I will try to get my last shake in if I can. Well I hope I feel better by tomorrow.

Current Cravings: None

EvoSummer
07-24-2007, 11:34 PM
At least youre not craving anything. I wouldnt worry too much about nissing a few cardio sessions since youre already down so many calories. Just keep your workouts up and try not to alter your meals. Good luck mate.

Dominikm
07-25-2007, 03:30 AM
Another day and you have made it mate, passed the initial bs and into the easier part :)

DustinX
07-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Day 3

Thanks alot guys, last night I ended up getting the worst migraine I've ever had. I was really nautious and my head was in absolute pain but after dealing with it for about 4 hours it finally went away.

Today I feel pretty good and since it's wednesday today will be my chest and triceps day. Looking foward to that. I'm about to go make my first shake of the day, also I'm looking foward to my creatine pwo because I get to taste something other than hot chocolate protein =).

Day 3 Weight:

166.0 Pounds

I am sure at least 75% of this weight is water weight because after the headache last night I am feeling pretty dehydrated with a dry mouth, I keep chuggin the water though. It is cool, though, to see the scale move even a tiny bit every day and it's good motivation to keep going. Well off to drink some protein.

Current Cravings: None

DustinX
07-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Now , it is the end of day 3. Last night I didn't get alot of rest so all day I have been very tired and unmotivated to drink the shakes, but I did anyway. I am about to do a workout and home because I am way too tired to drive to the gym. I'm still looking foward to tasting the grape flavored creatine and not have to taste the chocolate for another 2 hours =).

I have, though, been having some pretty intense cravings for certain things and just food in general. I decided I would make a list of what I want because it will help with the cravings I think and pass some time.

List:
Pizza hut (pan pizza with pepperoni hot out of the oven)
Pizza Hut breadsticks (non cheese kind)
Hooters Chicken Wings
Cashews
Onion bagel loaded with cream cheese
Culvers hot dogs
Culvers Vanilla shake
Culvers Fries
Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich (plain) with rootbeer
Wendys 99c Chicken Nuggets (5x)
Wendys Frosty
Golden Grahms Cereal
Honey Combs Cereal
Honey bunches of oats cereal
Croutons (ceaser or just herb seasoned)
Flavor Blasted pizza gold fish
Puffy Cheetoes
A whole Jacks pizza with alot of crushed red pepper and salt
Red Lobster Biscuits
IHOP Chicken Fingers
Apple Bee's Mozzerella Sticks
-----------------------------------

Well that's pretty much all I have been thinking of lately but I'm not going to cheat. I just like to picture the food lol. Anyways off to workout, I will update tomorrow on day 4.

Dominikm
07-26-2007, 01:42 AM
List:
Pizza hut (pan pizza with pepperoni hot out of the oven)
Pizza Hut breadsticks (non cheese kind)
Hooters Chicken Wings
Cashews
Onion bagel loaded with cream cheese
Culvers hot dogs
Culvers Vanilla shake
Culvers Fries
Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich (plain) with rootbeer
Wendys 99c Chicken Nuggets (5x)
Wendys Frosty
Golden Grahms Cereal
Honey Combs Cereal
Honey bunches of oats cereal
Croutons (ceaser or just herb seasoned)
Flavor Blasted pizza gold fish
Puffy Cheetoes
A whole Jacks pizza with alot of crushed red pepper and salt
Red Lobster Biscuits
IHOP Chicken Fingers
Apple Bee's Mozzerella Sticks
-----------------------------------

lol, thats lots of food. Well guess what mate! Your not having any for 3.5 weeks... hehehe... I know im a prick...

Goof luck with the diet, get past week 1 and your set.

DustinX
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Day 4

Well I have some good news and bad news.
Bad News: Last night after not being to sleep like usual,
and having my last shake 5 hours eariler, I was so hungry so
I had some wheat crackers and a few croutons =(

Good News: I lost .2 pounds still, and I seem to have alot more energy

I really need to figure out my sleeping problem. Eating my last shake @ 9 or 10 and then falling asleep at 2-3 is just not working out because my hunger gets very bad and that even makes me stay up later. I dont know what to do, I tried waking up early at 8am a few days, but I still couldn't fall asleep early. Any suggestions? I'm thinking about taking some nyquil the first day to fall asleep around 10 pm and waking up around 6:30 am so maybe it will knock my bodys internal clock back into whack. (This problem didn't start while I was on this diet)

Current Weight: 165.8 Pounds

I am going to continue this diet without a doubt but I need to figure out my sleeping problems so I don't have any more urges to eat anything other than what I am supposed to. Today is a non lifting day so I'm going to do some low intensity cardio later.

I decided I am kicking the fish oil capsules down to 2 a meal. Let's just say that not all of the fat oils are getting absorbed properly.

dugnom
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Day 4

I am going to continue this diet without a doubt but I need to figure out my sleeping problems so I don't have any more urges to eat anything other than what I am supposed to. Today is a non lifting day so I'm going to do some low intensity cardio later.

I decided I am kicking the fish oil capsules down to 2 a meal. Let's just say that not all of the fat oils are getting absorbed properly.

When you come up with a solution, let me know. Hunger pains at night is my biggest down fall, I can't goto sleep hungry. I've been dealing with this for years.

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm on my last day tommorow for the v diet, sleep problems all the time. But last night my last shake was like 10 minutes before bed and I had no issuse really, not as easy to sleep like normal but it was better that the othe nights.

PopeGregorius
07-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Day 3

Thanks alot guys, last night I ended up getting the worst migraine I've ever had. I was really nautious and my head was in absolute pain but after dealing with it for about 4 hours it finally went away.

Dehydration?

From your food list you look like a carb addict.