PDA

View Full Version : slow metabolism wile bulking good or bad

lukee
12-25-2004, 06:56 PM
is it good to have a slow metabolism while bulking so you burn off less of the calories you put ???

can someone explain the purpose of bulking and having a fast or slow metabolism ???

taffer
12-26-2004, 12:34 AM
depends how much you like eating :)

Andrew69
12-26-2004, 12:39 AM
Depends on how fat you want to get. IMHO a slow metabolism is always bad.

don_1987
12-26-2004, 02:38 AM
IMHO a slow metabolism is always bad.

Yup... I totally agree with that. Having a slow metabolism doesn't simply means burning less calories. It means your burning less calories to use as fuel and more calories are turned into fat. Definitely not a good thing to happen even if your bulking. By the way, why do you say you have a slow metabolism? What cause?

Andrew69
12-26-2004, 02:57 AM
I think many guys also miss the most important point of all when it comes to slow metabolisms.
Your metabolism not only dictates how fast you burn calories, it also dictates the rate at which protein is synthsised and hence the rate at which muscle can be added. So if you have a slow metabolism, you will have trouble gaining muscle.
You want your metabolism to be spinning quite quickly as this will help burn more fat at rest as well as increase the rate of muscle gain.
It is a win/win situation.

lukee
12-26-2004, 04:27 AM
ive been told not to do much cardio while bulking as it will burn up to many cals and tone you down ???

cals you put in to bulk up isnt it ment to go to the muscles your trying to grow not being burnt off before it even it gets there ???

a fast metabolism does the body gain the same muscle mass while bulking holding little fat ????? compared to a slow metabolism which burns less cals , more stored fat ???

please e xplain my 3 questions i dont have a clue how this works ???

Andrew69
12-26-2004, 02:51 PM
ive been told not to do much cardio while bulking as it will burn up to many cals and tone you down ???

Too much cardio is never good. 2-3 times per week is fine and can actually help you to increase your muscle mass.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satter2.htm

cals you put in to bulk up isnt it ment to go to the muscles your trying to grow not being burnt off before it even it gets there ???

Yes, up to a point. If you consume more calories than can be used for muscle growth, you will get fat, period. Some guys think this is ideal as they will increase their LMM faster and then simply cut after their bulk.
I personally disagree with this principle as often they end up losing a fair amount of the muscle they ganed while cutting and could have retained more of their muscle (and gained less fat along the way) if they did some cardio and ate clean and only required a small cut rather than an extended period of cutting.
IMHO, getting fat and lifting weights is not body building. Its just that, getting fat and lifting weights.

a fast metabolism does the body gain the same muscle mass while bulking holding little fat ????? compared to a slow metabolism which burns less cals , more stored fat ???

A fast metabolism should allow you to gain MORE muscle (remember a faster metabolism means increased potein turn over and hence the possibility of faster muscle gain compared to a slow metabolism) while adding less fat around the waist.
The effects of CLA is a prime example of the benfits if a fast metabolism. CLA has been joked about in the scientific community as a great fat burner in mice, but not in humans (as the effects of CLA are still unsubstantiated in human trials).
This appears to be the case due to the significantly faster metabolism of mice. It is now thought that CLA burns more fat by way of increasing LMM and as the metabolism of mice is faster, they put on LMM faster and hence burn fat faster.

please explain my 3 questions i dont have a clue how this works ???
Seems you have a lot of reading to do than.
Remember, knowledge is power.

impossible702
12-26-2004, 06:26 PM
is it good to have a slow metabolism while bulking so you burn off less of the calories you put ???

can someone explain the purpose of bulking and having a fast or slow metabolism ???

if its slow, your grocery bills will be a lot cheaper. thats a good thing. bad part, you cant eat as much, but ill make up for what you dont eat :)