PDA

View Full Version : Sugar less gum leading to insulin spike?

furious420
12-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Hello,

I am cutting, and I am addicted to sugarless gum. I am chewing like almost 10 packs a day, though otherwise I am in a 500 calorie deficit. My question is in such excess could they effect blood sugar levels or cause excess gum calories to be stored as fat? I know this sounds odd, but id appreciate some serious feedback. Thanks alot.

Sixpack
12-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Damn 10 packs per day I prob chew about 6-10 pieces but not 10 packs damn I would get gas from that, each piece is 5 cals, It has never done anything to my blood sugar

xxghostxx
12-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about mr tough jaw.

senithe363
12-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Hello,

I am cutting, and I am addicted to sugarless gum. I am chewing like almost 10 packs a day, though otherwise I am in a 500 calorie deficit. My question is in such excess could they effect blood sugar levels or cause excess gum calories to be stored as fat? I know this sounds odd, but id appreciate some serious feedback. Thanks alot.
Careful chewing that much. Some people develop a jaw disorder later in life from too much gum chewing.

pogue
12-24-2004, 11:22 PM
10 packs a day?!?!

Whats the ingredients in the gum, what brand is it. And why the hell are you chewing so much damn gum?

iNeedAsponsor
12-25-2004, 12:38 AM
Stimorol Original sugar free is "only" 1,9 kcal a piece.
A whole "bag" of them being 32 grams and 100 grams of gum is 150 kcal and 62 grams carb makes them NOT good for you.

One or two pieces a day won't kill you though. But nothing is good in excess!

imperfectly_lou
12-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Gum contains sorbitol.... which can cause a laxative effect in large quantities. I would say that 10 packs a day is definitely enough to cause that effect! Plus, when you chew gum, you swallow air which can lead to bloating.

Chewing gum can also make you hungrier because your stomach thinks food is on its way!

saw14
12-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Gum contains sorbitol.... which can cause a laxative effect in large quantities. I would say that 10 packs a day is definitely enough to cause that effect! Plus, when you chew gum, you swallow air which can lead to bloating.

Chewing gum can also make you hungrier because your stomach thinks food is on its way!
wow, i thought i chewed alot when i chew almost 15 pieces a day, damn 10 packs. thats an expensive habit. i wish i could go back in time and start college over again to become a gum scientist that could actually make gum last an extra, extra long time. lol.

Maddyg
12-25-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm a gum addict too.
:P
But..not 10 packs a day.

:P