PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Of Misery

[v6]
07-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm kinda, sorta new to this forum, and after much reading and getting some inspiration from other member's threads on the velocity forum (Dominik, cawiau, etc), I figured why not try the Velocity Diet.
I know that this really isn't the healthiest way to shred, but it's a little experiment that I'm yearning to try.
I'm about 5'10", 165lbs, and I have no idea where my body fat % is at. I've attached some pictures taken just now actually. My 28 days start tomorrow, and will take me through until 19th of August.
I'll be consuming around 1000 calories a day, 31 carbs, and 195 grams of protein. The only ingredients to my diet are, ON whey, and MegaFlax powder, and some hopeful determination.
As for my workout, I'll stick to my current, split days
Sundays, Back
Mondays, Chest
Tuesdays, Shoulders and Abs
Wednesdays, Triceps
Thursdays, Biceps,
Fridays, Legs
Saturday, OFF
REPEAT
Cardio on my off day and any other day before my lift, if there's time.

It's gonna be rough, but hopefully, I'll be ripped by the end of the four weeks.

-Cheers,
Matt

jhf
07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Heh, it's really not misery. Afterwhile it's actually pretty good especially when the changes start comming. Hell, I enjoyed my last protein shake more than I enjoyed my last solid meal:) Good luck

Dominikm
07-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Three things...

1. Good luck, you will need it but if you make it past week 1 you have no reason not t finish.

2. Where is your fish oil? What about workout day liquid carbs?

3. **** dude, if you have a solid muscle base this thing is gonna base you look ripped stupid if your body reacts well and dropps alot of fat :)

[v6]
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Today was my first day on the diet.
To be honest, it didn't really feel too bad...
until after my workout, then my protein shake tasted like heaven.
Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly...
By the way, I was just really thinking about this diet,...does anyone know exactly HOW it works? I mean, isn't this diet just like starving yourself for 28 days? I used to starve myself for wrestling back in high school, but once i made weight, i just ate like an animal right after. So if anyone can give me some insight on the science of this diet, I'd really appreciate it.

JimboHSP
07-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Just a question.. why are you cutting up? You don't seem to have much bf on you right now and by training and eating to gain muscle you'll naturally start losing more fat (more muslce = more energy used by body).

[v6]
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
There's never a time where one shouldn't be cutting..lol
i'm cutting cause I'm not trying to build up mass, i'm trying to get ripped and as shredded as far as my body can get.

well, today wasn't bad at all...I went through my 3 shakes at work, lifted after, had a shake, then had a tennis match for 3 hours, and had a shake after that.

I think I'm getting the hang of this...oh, and btw, i dropped 5 pounds since yesterday, after weighing myself after work. from 160 to 155lbs.

Till tomorrow!

-Matt

Dominikm
07-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Good stuff, easy on the cardio though, not to mush, not on the v diet atleast.

[v6]
07-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Alriight, today went real smooth, cause work kept me busy, and kept my mind off of food. But when i got home, right before my workout, I had a few grapes....is that really going to be an issue?

Workout was triceps and abs, I'm not experiencing any loss in strength, however, I am noticing that because of my high intake of protein everyday, I tend to not be as sore as I usually would the day after a workout.

I'm craving a Red Robin burger, just about now.
:-\

Oh, and my weight dropped another pound, I'm now 154lbs.
not really noticing any physical changes on my body though...I suppose that will take a week or so.

Till tomorrow
-Matt

cawiau
07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Wish you the best!
Good luck :)

Dominikm
07-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Keep going mate, a few grapes is not gonna kill ya but try to save it for the refeed meal that you get.

[v6]
07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Today went as normal as any other day
I'm really starting to doubt this diet though, at least for me. I'm starting to feel "small". I'm not losing any strength while lifting, but I feel as if my muscles are getting so much smaller...anybody have input on this?
I've already gotten used to the 4 shakes a day, and I don't get hungry anymore.
Lifted today, and I'm going for an early jog in the morning tomorrow.

jhf
07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
If anything I've noticed my muscles getting larger but then I started with a lot more fat than you and so now I can start seeing my muscles.

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 04:50 AM
If anything I've noticed my muscles getting larger but then I started with a lot more fat than you and so now I can start seeing my muscles.

X2...

Why only 4 shakes? Try 5 - 7 with more frequent servings and less in each...

[v6]
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
ALLLLLRIGHT
i kinda pigged out today
haha, it was time for my weekly meal, and I had a nystripsteak, and two plates of fresh cut sashimi
protein much?

it was satisfying, but its time to get back on track.
tomorrow's time for some hardcore cardio

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 11:12 PM
that might be alot but with my massive meal last week as my refeed I dropped a decent amount of weight in the end, the next morning, proably something to do with no fuel during the week and then u reffed and it all gets used up so it's not a bad thing if its a bit bigger than normal :)

fkn_give_me_abs
07-28-2007, 02:26 AM
just one q!

why was day 5 your refeed?

KEEP IT UP!! :D

Dominikm
07-28-2007, 02:32 AM
just one q!

why was day 5 your refeed?

KEEP IT UP!! :D

x2...

I didn't realise that ay, why day 5?

[v6]
07-28-2007, 05:14 AM
hmmm...I chose day five case i couldnt stand it anymoreeeeee
haha
It was my friend's birthday, we all headed out to the city, and I figured why not use it as my refeed meal...I stayed away from all the liquor though...discipline!!!
lol