PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet Questions

DoubleWide
07-22-2007, 06:52 AM
So you guys got me thinking about trying the Velocity Diet. I'm 250lbs so the calorie range is 1714-2057. I was going to use
ON 100% Casein Protein 120 calories (23g P,1g F,4g C)
Olympic Labs Enteric Coated Omega 3 Fish Oil 11 calories (1g F)
"Maybe" Barleans Lignan Rich Flax Oil Softgels 9 calories (???)
Unsure of fiber source - Maybe Citrucel (recommendations?)

1g of protein per lb of bodyweight = 11 servings 1320 calories leaving 394-737 calories for fat and carbs.

How do you divide 394-737 calories up between the two?

I can't find Surge at any of the places I shop. Is there a similar product? This is protein, BCCAs, and sugar, right? Would Whey and dextrose work? I thought I read Whey and Gatorade somewhere.

FatBurners - anything you guys recommend? It seems like TTA products would not be good for this. I have ephedrine HCL and caffeine, but would something else work better?

EDIT: Forgot to ask - Is taking a creatine product like Green Mag ok? I assumed it was

jhf
07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
starting at 215 pounds I did 47g of fat, 52 grams of carbs, and 230 g of protein came out to about 30 percent fat, 10 percent carbs, 60 percent protein. Hope that helps

atl2axj
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
jhf,
i read on this board that protein is inefficient energy source and the ratio should be more like 40 20 40 pcf..how did 30 10 60 work for you?
thanks

op,
i've heard nothing but good things about E/C stack for cutting purposes and creatine product do seem to help w/ strength maintnance..
good luck on ur cut

jhf
07-22-2007, 01:59 PM
The first few days while doing this I was drained but after that your body adjusts and now my energy levels are fine, I just went on a 2 mile run this morning and I haven't been able to do that in years. I agree that 40/40/20 is a better diet to live by.

The reason I chose to do this for 28 days was a) I figured it was a good and drastic jump start into a new life style. b) I needed to get rid of the habits of eating crap for every meal. I live in a hotel and up until recently it was pretty much fast food for every meal. That needed to stop. c) I needed to change while I learned about proper nutrition and this allows me an extremely simple plan to do that while I figure out what I need to do once those 28 days are over.

Hope it helps. I wouldn't suggest anyone doing this only for quick results unless you are already in shape, looking for that last few percentage points to drop, or are in a situation like me and need something to follow that will exercise your discipline and will power while you learn about the right way to do things. I'm fully aware that all the progress I have made will be undone If I go back to my old habits.

DoubleWide
07-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the advice so far. I have a lot of little different reasons for trying it. It's low sodium, habit breaking, etc., etc.

I realized after I wrote my post that the 11 servings of protein shake would have 44g of carbs(11g fiber) and 11g of fat.

Also any fiber source is carbs (DUH). I'm thinking 6 Fiber Choice Chewable Sugar Free Orange Tablets since it's 4g of fiber/carbs for 16 calories each.

Non-workout days
11 servings of ON 100% Casein
6 Fiber Choice Sugar Free Orange Tablets
38 Fish Oil Capsules
59%/16%/25%
1778 calories

Workout days
64 Fish Oil Capsules (definitely got me thinking about flax seed or surge or whey/gatorade - that's a bottle of capsules )
52%/15%/33%

Opinions?

Dominikm
07-23-2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the advice so far. I have a lot of little different reasons for trying it. It's low sodium, habit breaking, etc., etc.

I realized after I wrote my post that the 11 servings of protein shake would have 44g of carbs(11g fiber) and 11g of fat.

Also any fiber source is carbs (DUH). I'm thinking 6 Fiber Choice Chewable Sugar Free Orange Tablets since it's 4g of fiber/carbs for 16 calories each.

Non-workout days
38 Fish Oil Capsules
59%/16%/25%
1778 calories

Workout days
64 Fish Oil Capsules (definitely got me thinking about flax seed or surge or whey/gatorade - that's a bottle of capsules )
52%/15%/33%

Opinions?

Looks good mate, I personally used martix 5.0, generic fish oil caps, generic flax seeds, biotest surge and a few fat burners.

I've got 5 days left, trust me mate, the cravings do disapear, you would think something so strong, cravings, can't go away so quick. I was skeptical, i',m not a conventional person and I did it. And with 5 days left i'm so glad I did and I have no cravings anymore.

Good luck :)

Make sure you start up a blog in the blog section, track your progress. This gives other people wanting to do the diet a chance to look into real counts first to see what it will be like. Again, good luck, make the first week and you can do it.

ChiefGuy
07-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I have ephedrine HCL and caffeine, but would something else work better?

Is taking a creatine product like Green Mag ok? I assumed it was

You can make your own PWO shake, just do a search on here.

Only supplement reps would say there's something better than a Ephedrine/Caffeine stack, again search "EC stack".

Green mag is good, creatine will help you maintain muscle while on this high deficit diet.

Get ready for results if you stay dedicated.