PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet-Going to get below 20% in a month!

EvoSummer
07-20-2007, 05:03 PM
So my order from bodybuilding.com arrived today which means tomorrow I start 28 days on the velocity diet. I'm very excited and hope that everyone can give me suggestions and constructive criticism on what I'm doing.

I imagine I'm at 205 right now since I feel pretty bloated. My calories are going to be 1500 on non workout days and 1800 on workout days. On non workout days this will be my diet:

9 scoops of Matrix 5.0 Chocolate Blend Wednesday/Friday/ Sunday
25 Fish Oil capsules
1/4 cup of flaxseed
=1495 calories

Workout days: Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday
11 scoops of matrix 5.0 Chocolate Blend
1 packet of Myoplex original post workout (couldn't find Surge anywhere)
1/4 cup of flaxseed
=1790 calories

Monday I'll add a solid meal and work it into my diet. If anyone who is doing the velocity diet can chime in and let me know if I'm doing this right I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm also going to be taking a multivitamin every day and the recommended usage of lipo-6.

I'm going to look into a good full body workout, but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

EvoSummer
07-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Starting weight, measurements, and pictures will be posted tomorrow as well.

jhf
07-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Good luck! It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Make if past the first few days and the worst is behind you. Looking forward to tracking your results, especially since we seem to have similiar starting stats.

Dominikm
07-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Looks good mate, the surge, you can only order direct from biotest I belive thats why you would not have been able to find it....

You don't know what your missing out on with cookies and cream matrix though :)

Good luck :)

EvoSummer
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Looks good mate, the surge, you can only order direct from biotest I belive thats why you would not have been able to find it....

You don't know what your missing out on with cookies and cream matrix though :)

Good luck :)

I think I'm a bit paralyzed from the cookies and cream. The first protein shake I ever drank was cookies and cream and it tasted like a bar of soap. This was a long time ago and was terrible quality stuff, but it sticks with me. Maybe as soon as this runs out I'll give it a try.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I'll update with everything tomorrow morning

skuZZitude
07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
You don't need Surge.

710ml bottle of poweraid + 1 scoop protein = 1 scoop surge

Dominikm
07-21-2007, 12:10 AM
You don't need Surge.

710ml bottle of poweraid + 1 scoop protein = 1 scoop surge

True, I recomment poweraid or gatoraid to those who don't wanna get surge, was just pointing out whey he could have got it :)

EvoSummer
07-21-2007, 12:13 AM
So I shouldn't use up the Myoplex I have left? It has a good amount of carbohydrates in it and I thought that would be adequate. If not I definitely don't mind doing the gatorade/powerade tip.

Dominikm
07-21-2007, 12:26 AM
It would not be ideal, keep them for when your off the v diet and use once a day on a regular diet so you don't waste them.

But by all means, it's you call just factor them into the v diet cals and then make sur you are not going over you carbs limit on training days.

EvoSummer
07-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Sounds like a good plan. I'll just use a scoop of matrix 5.0 and the gatorade. Thanks for the help. Any good idea on a workout plan? I might just do the one that the author used on the velocity diet article.

Dominikm
07-21-2007, 01:34 AM
check my blog, every 2nd day is weights day and i post my wokout i did that day, full body 3x a week

EvoSummer
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I checked your blog and I think I'm following your workout routine tomorrow night.

As mentioned yesterday here is my information:

Today I weighed in at 205 pounds
Chest:39.5
Arms: 14.5
Hips: 38
Waist: 35.5
Thighs: 36
Calves: 14.5

Instead of checking the scale every week I'm going to only do measurements because if there is a weight increase or stall then I usually get disappointed and quit. Instead I'll update with body measurement changes every week and then weigh myself at the end of 28 days.

Here are my pictures. Thank you to everyone for their help. Velocity diet starts today!

EvoSummer
07-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Today was pretty good. No problem with the shakes although I'm not a big fan of the flax. It's awesome to not have to prepare anything to eat because I get really lazy. Now I can put all my energy in the gym tomorrow night!

EvoSummer
07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Today was a rough day. Yesterday the tough part was that I was home the whole day and there were doughnuts, pie, and hispanic cuisine everywhere ready to be eaten. I got through it and it wasn't as hard to resist today. The problem occurred at the gym where after my first few sets my energy was significantly down even while I sipped on some gatorade. I got through the whole workout, but I felt very weak afterwards. It feels good to not give up though. I can't wait till the end of the week. My girlfriend really wants to take me out to eat and it will be nice to know that I'll have gone through 25% of the whole process.

EvoSummer
07-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Alright. I survived through day 4. I like knowing that I've completed most of the week. Today was a lot easier than yesterday, but tomorrow might be rough. I have a game for one of my soccer tournaments and I think I'm going to drink a bit of Gatorade so that I don't feel as week as last night's workout and don't let down my team.

A personal note: I need to stop watching the food channel.

EvoSummer
07-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow, it's almost been a week. I'm pretty proud of myself although today sucked. I had an indoor soccer game today and even though I had 710ml of gatorade I almost died. I had no energy whatsoever but I made it somehow. Luckily I came home and fit into a workout shirt I haven't been able to fit into without looking like a fatty for a long time. The moobs are down a lot and I can definitely see my stomach shrinking. It really is encouraging and it made me feel great.

I can't say this diet is easy but I'm not dying to eat that pie in the fridge like when I did keto a long time ago.

cawiau
07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Just passing by to wish you the best.
You seemed to have it under control so far!

So, good luck :)

EvoSummer
07-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Just passing by to wish you the best.
You seemed to have it under control so far!

So, good luck :)

Thanks man. I'm holding on. I did something that should motivate me even more. I signed up for a swimming class for my last year of college. I know how to swim but I haven't been in a pool or shirtless in public since I was 12 (8 years!!!). That means that starting August 27th people are going to be seeing my nipples and I want to look healthy. That should keep me away from that pie!

Dominikm
07-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Wow, it's almost been a week. I'm pretty proud of myself although today sucked. I had an indoor soccer game today and even though I had 710ml of gatorade I almost died. I had no energy whatsoever but I made it somehow. Luckily I came home and fit into a workout shirt I haven't been able to fit into without looking like a fatty for a long time. The moobs are down a lot and I can definitely see my stomach shrinking. It really is encouraging and it made me feel great.

I can't say this diet is easy but I'm not dying to eat that pie in the fridge like when I did keto a long time ago.

lol, moobs... Thats a good one.

Mine a almost gone also, bit more work, it's great.

EvoSummer
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Yea, I don't think anything has felt as great as not seeing moobs through my shirt. I've always felt self conscious about that. They're so barely noticeable and I think that by early next month they might be gone!

EvoSummer
07-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Yes, I was watching the food channel today like I said I wouldn't and just couldn't think of drinking my protein shake so I cheated.

Luckily I did it the smart way and had some chicken broth and hot sauce for a total of 45 calories, 15 grams of protein, and 3 grams of carbs which is about half a scoop of my protein shake! It took away all of my cravings, I feel full, and I'm sipping on my protein shake right now with no problems at all. It was completely worth it and it could be something I'll incorporate into my diet just as a way to stick to it since it's still liquid and matches the macros perfectly.

EvoSummer
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Double post for some reason

jhf
07-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey, glad to see yer still going strong:) Wouldn't sweat the cup of broth at all :) Glad yer seeing results!

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Same, not to bad... But still try to save "anything" for the refeed meal to keep the diet 100% on track. Last day tommorow for me! Yay!

Keep going mate!