PDA

View Full Version : My Story

batmanvtx
07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I am 28 and in a battle with my weight. I was in outstanding shape in the late 90's when I was in Army Rangers. I went to the gym every day and had 7 percent body fat. I then broke my back in the lumbar zone and everything went downhill from there. I finally got fed up with the situation this year and January 1st 2007 I decided it was time to take my steps toward the life I embraced before.

Here are my starting stats:

1-1-07
325 pounds
6' 0" tall
No exercise at all
46" waist
XXXL Shirts

I began slowly by dieting only. I started by using the South Beach Diet plan because of its use of reduction in sugars. I did this for 4 months until I got under 300. I then decided a gym membership was needed to further my loss. In April 2007, I began my workouts. I left the south beach diet behind and began using a controlled caloric intake with proteins and carbs in check. Since I had some experience with weights before, I began to lift with cardio afterwards.

Here are my stats right now:

7-20-07
258 pounds
6 days of weights/cardio a week
40" waist
XL and XXL Shirts

I decided to keep a log of my progress from here on out for encouragement from a group of goal minded folks like yourselves. My goal is to reach 210 lbs and then turn around at that point and begin bodybuilding.

My current intake daily:

1900 calories
100 carbs
220 proteins

My diet consists of mainly tuna, protein shakes, turkey, whole wheat bread and cheese. I drink only skim milk (with my protein shake) and tons of water.

Supplements:

CLA
Animal Pak for multi-vitamins
Fyre
Whey protein

Workout routine

M-W-F split weight routine with abs and 30 minutes cardio ( elliptical to stay low impact for my back)
Tu-Th 60 minutes of cardio
Sa-Su 30 minutes of cardio

I am eating 6-7 times a day (including my casein before bedtime). I am open to suggestions from anyone and thanks for everyone who is here to help each other out as losing weight is not an easy row to hoe. God bless and I'll check in with you soon with a progress update.

chrischap01
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Great job so far, and good luck the rest of the way!

batmanvtx
07-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks man!!

TheKansan
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like you know what you are doing. Good luck.

batmanvtx
07-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I revamped my diet today.

I am going to up the calories (slightly) and carbs(a lot) and see how that goes.

2000 calories
47g fat
170 carbs
220g protein

Wish me luck. Hootie hoo!

batmanvtx
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
So I measured in at 27 percent BF this week. I have a ways to go, but I am dropping the fat. Still not moving down in weight though. 258 and holding steady. But as long as the fat is crawling out, Im happy. Thanks for all the support so far.

Hotmoltenlava
07-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Excellent progress, man. I know it sucks to have been in such good shape, only to gain so much. I used to be ripped and then climbed to 295lbs and 35%bf. I am down to 260lbs and 20%bf, on my way to 10%bf. It sucked to look in the mirror at that weight, so I feel your pain. You definitely know what you are doing and I have no doubt you will succeed. Post often and we will be here for support!

Welcome!

(ps....what does the VTX stand for in your name?)

Have a good one.

batmanvtx
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Excellent progress, man. I know it sucks to have been in such good shape, only to gain so much. I used to be ripped and then climbed to 295lbs and 35%bf. I am down to 260lbs and 20%bf, on my way to 10%bf. It sucked to look in the mirror at that weight, so I feel your pain. You definitely know what you are doing and I have no doubt you will succeed. Post often and we will be here for support!

Welcome!

(ps....what does the VTX stand for in your name?)

Have a good one.

Thanks bro. The VTX is my bike. Vtx 1800. Batman is derived from a lot of ****. I was in 3rd Ranger batallion, more commonly referred ot as "Ranger Bat." The bpys used to call me "Bat-Man" back home and it stuck. I got it tattoed on my arm and ever since Ive been known as one of three things...Tex, Batman, or Big Tex. But yea, I am trying my ass off to lose some weight and once achieved, get big again. A lot has changed since I was BB before and it is taking some getting used to. I know this is weak, but I was able to work out with 200 on my last set the other day on bench. It isnt my biggest number, but its going the right direction.

batmanvtx
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, i have been feeling hungry as hell so I upped my calories again to just over 2100 daily. Did a refeed yesterday at 2500 calories and could hardly eat al the food I prepared. I kept it clean though and ate the right ****. I did notice a drop in the scales on Friday. After one month at 258, I weighed in at 256. Unfortunately, I am certain my refeed put that back on over the 2 days rest. I dont know, but I may go for a leisurely jog today.

batmanvtx
07-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Just ran 2 miles in a half hour. I used to be able to run long distance with no prblems but damn that goes away fast. Could hardly finish today but it was nice to get outside. I get to go home on Friday back home to TX. Thanks God!

Hotmoltenlava
07-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks bro. The VTX is my bike. Vtx 1800.

Hehehehe.....I figured, just wanted to make sure before commenting.

Check mine out.....:D

It's quite customized and turned rigid, but it's a VTX 1800....:D

http://www.hotmoltenlava.com/images/Expo20078x6.jpg

Have a good one.

batmanvtx
07-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Nice bike.

Yesterday, I weighed in at 254. After a month at 258, I have dropped 4 pounds in 4 days. I believe the addition of HIIT may be the cause. I started it last week and now the pounds are starting to move again. I also did my first refeed this weekend, so that could be it too. Who the hell knows, Im losing weight.

Did chest and triceps and had a decent workout. Followed up with some moderate cardio for 30 minutes. Check back in with yall tomorrow.

batmanvtx
07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Hehehehe.....I figured, just wanted to make sure before commenting.

Check mine out.....:D

It's quite customized and turned rigid, but it's a VTX 1800....:D

http://www.hotmoltenlava.com/images/Expo20078x6.jpg

Have a good one.

Nice ride brother. Love the color. I am actually about to sell mine because we have a third kid on the way. I am depressed about it as I love to ride. But I wont have enough time free to ride the bike for the next year or so. I cant punish my ride for that long. So Ill get another one when the year is over. I already have twin sons, so a third kid is going to be difficult enough with my schedule..work and gym etc...