PDA

View Full Version : What would be more optimal for meal composition?

Luski16
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
i was just wondering what you guys think would be better for constructing meals:

Meal 1: p+c+f

Meal 2: p+f

Meal 3: (pre-work) p+c

Meal 4: (post-work) p+c

Meal 5: p+c

Meal 6: p+f

or

Meal 1: p+c+f

Meal 2: p+c+f

Meal 3: (pre-work) p+c

Meal 4: (post-work) p+c

Meal 5: p+c

Meal 6: p+f

i was just wondering which do you think would be better? i was thinking the first one because i heard and read it was good to only stack carbs at breakfast and around your workout. Try to get in your fats at the other meals. Meal 1 would also contain some healthy fats too (fish oil). If i the first one was better, i would of course add veggies to meal 2, it would be a protein source, a fat source, and veggies (as they dont have MANY carbs)

Rippd
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
You should have all three in all your meals with the exception of pre and post workout where you would want minimal fat.

xxghostxx
12-13-2004, 02:56 PM
You should have all three in all your meals with the exception of pre and post workout where you would want minimal fat.

Yes yes yes! We will eventually defeat this awkward berardism! ;)

hepennypacker52
12-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Heh Berardi...I just red a TON of his articles, alan aragon recommended him...

Luski16
12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
well i know mixing carbs and fats isnt bad....i wasnt saying it was, just wondering

alan aragon
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Heh Berardi...I just red a TON of his articles, alan aragon recommended him...haha, don't worry he still has valuable info. i'm pretty much in agreement with most of his stuff i've read, with the exception of the no carbs + fat thing. here's a great link on that issue:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=365415&page=1&highlight=sums+nicely

i also recommend checking out any literature by will brink & lyle mcdonald. i don't have either of their books, but i've been impressed with their articles.

xxghostxx
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Heh Berardi...I just red a TON of his articles, alan aragon recommended him...

Actually, I quite agree, when I first started lifting, I did a program designed by him and it had very good results. He has tons of valuable advice, and writes pretty good articles, just that particular one he made a pretty blanket statement toward that issue. Outside of that article, and his over-glorification of GROW, he's a good writer.

xxghostxx
12-13-2004, 04:52 PM
i also recommend checking out any literature by will brink & lyle mcdonald. i don't have either of their books, but i've been impressed with their articles.

Hey Alan, do you know if Colgan is publishing a lot still? I remember you recomending him along time ago and his research was really informative.

alan aragon
12-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Hey Alan, do you know if Colgan is publishing a lot still? I remember you recomending him along time ago and his research was really informative.
gooooood question.. i'll do some digging next chance i get, come to think of it, i'd like to know the answer myself. the last book i've heard of from him was "hormonal health", never actually checked it out. whoa, i get to go home now.. time to eat some red meat! grrrrrrr.