PDA

View Full Version : It's all about me...My journey from BIGMOMMA to Sexy Momma

eyez1279
07-19-2007, 10:02 AM
I've read threads all over the forum for a couple of months and just recently got up enough nerve to post.

I'm a 27 year old law student from one of the fattest cities in the nation, Houston,Texas. I have two sons ages 9 and 7. One of which is a special needs child which has really taught me the meaning of the words love and patience when it comes to others. But for some reason I haven't been appling these same principles to myself. This is why I am here. I decided in Feb 2007 to start loving myself and since then have lost 16 pounds with the love and support of my fellow bodybuilding.com members. But I really want more.

I recently splurged on a couple of sessions with a personal trainer just to see what I was doing right (or wrong) and after talking to him I realized I had alot more potential. I have alot more I want to accomplish than just weightloss, I want to be healthy, I want to be around to see my kids grow up and (selfishly) I also want to be sexy as hell.

So today is the day to start.

My stats as today are:
height: 5'1"
weight: 229lbs
neck: 13.75
chest: 41.5
waist: 35.75
hips: 50.75
thigh: 27.5
calf:18.8
arms: 17.5

I will be posting a workout routine after I complete my second workout with my trainer today.

Please note that I am open to any help or suggestions.

Oh and by the way, thanks to everyone who has helped me on my journey to becoming a Sexy Momma!

TheKansan
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
I've read threads all over the forum for a couple of months and just recently got up enough nerve to post.

I'm a 27 year old law student from one of the fattest cities in the nation, Houston,Texas. I have two sons ages 9 and 7. One of which is a special needs child which has really taught me the meaning of the words love and patience when it comes to others. But for some reason I haven't been appling these same principles to myself. This is why I am here. I decided in Feb 2007 to start loving myself and since then have lost 16 pounds with the love and support of my fellow bodybuilding.com members. But I really want more.

I recently splurged on a couple of sessions with a personal trainer just to see what I was doing right (or wrong) and after talking to him I realized I had alot more potential. I have alot more I want to accomplish than just weightloss, I want to be healthy, I want to be around to see my kids grow up and (selfishly) I also want to be sexy as hell.

So today is the day to start.

My stats as today are:
height: 5'1"
weight: 229lbs
neck: 13.75
chest: 41.5
waist: 35.75
hips: 50.75
thigh: 27.5
calf:18.8
arms: 17.5

I will be posting a workout routine after I complete my second workout with my trainer today.

Please note that I am open to any help or suggestions.

Oh and by the way, thanks to everyone who has helped me on my journey to becoming a Sexy Momma!

Hello Big Momma. I am glad that you have decided to change your life and start loving yourself. We can all become better people as long as we stick with it. btw don't feel selfish if you want to be sexy as hell. I think that is big motivating factor for a lot of us.

cawiau
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Hey SexyMamma...yep, you already a sexymama to me. :)
I am subsribed to this thread and I will be checking up on you every day.

it is great that you have realised that it is about time that you start loving yourself and caring about yourself. So don't stop now.
Good job on the 16 lbs loss so far...but this is only the beginning.

You can do it. If not for you, for your kids...

Now...get to work :cool:

Druluv75
07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Good Luck!!!

eyez1279
07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
First thanks for checkin' out my log and also thanx you guys for the support.

Last night was a total bust. I met with my trainer but instead of working out for the hour we spent the first half going over NUTRITION. Needless to say I drink more than enough water but I do not eat enough protein( or meat and fish as he explained), too much starch and not enough vegetables, too much mindless snacking and not enough planned meals.

Boy , I am going to miss salty snacks.=(

Oh but we did squeeze in 10 mins on the treadmill, 10 mins on the stairmill and some streching.

So now a day in my kitchen will look like this:

1-1.5 gallons of water a day

Meal 1:
3/4 cup of a high fiber, whole grain cereal
one serving of fruit (small fresh or 1/2 cup of frozen)
1 cup of 1% milk for cereal

Meal 2:
whole wheat toast with 1 tsp of peanut butter
1 orange

Meal 3:
2 whole wheat tortillas
2 ounces of meat
1 ounce of cheese
2 tbs of non fat refried beans
1/2 cup of mixed veggies

Meal 4:
1 ounce of nuts
1 apple

Meal 5:
3 ounces of lean meat
1 small potato with 1 tsp of butter or 1/2 cup cooked
wheat pasta
1/2 cup of beans, corn, peas or fresh veggies
1/2 cup of fresh, frozen or canned fruit

Meal 6:
1 scoop protein powder in water

I really don't know if this will work but I'm willing to listen because I'm not the expert here. Any suggestions? Iasked him about protein requirements and if I needed a multi-vitamin but he believed I was jumping a head of myself.

Sometimes I think that I maybe too used to being in control and I don't want to argue when I really don't know what I'm talking about, so I guess I just have to read up on nutrition.

cawiau
07-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Do you know the macro brakedown on all this?
It's looks good but are you eating at maintenance, under maintenance or over???

Try putting everything unto www.fitday.com and let us know.
To a new beginning, good luck!

eyez1279
07-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I didn't think it was possible but my trainer made me literally sweat my perm out this morning. He worked me until my perm ran for the hills carrying buckets of sweat.

Interval training is so killer! I was sweating like I was in labor! I did circuit training doing squats, lunges, and some upper body exercises with a little treadmill, stairs or elliptical trainer thrown in here and there. It's hard to explain but the hour passed so fast that it actually felt like fun.

Did I say fun? Maybe I'm dehydrated. =) Well, anyway I left the gym feeling like I accomplished something. I also left the gym with a curly mess on my head and a ponytail in my bag. Can you say BRAIDS?

Just so you know I will be seeing my trainer 3 x's a week for the next month. He gave me the following routine to do at home on the days I don't see him but have a weight day:

Warmup- Treadmill 15 mins

Weights- all are 3 sets of 12 reps
-squats
-deadlifts
-chest press
-flyes on a ball
-overhead press
-lateral raise
-bent over row
-bicep concentration curl on ball
-tricep dips or kickbacks
-ball crunches

cardio- 25 mins on treadmill

He also told me that we would be tring new activities like kickboxing and yoga, because I can get bored really easily. Now I just have to download new songs for my mp3 player because i'm about to really make friends with cardio machines. :p

TheKansan
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Not bad, I am glad your trainer included the big three lifts in your routine. Your meal plan looks pretty good too. It sounds like you are pretty dedicated to making this happen, so you will make good progress.

You should go ahead and get a multivitamin, it can be useful for anyone.

katiedids
07-22-2007, 09:20 PM
He also told me that we would be tring new activities like kickboxing and yoga, because I can get bored really easily. Now I just have to download new songs for my mp3 player because i'm about to really make friends with cardio machines. :p

youre journal was too boy-infested so i thought i'd post in here! :-)

yoga is awesome!! esp if youre going to be lifting alot, it really stretches you out--i always walk out of yoga feeling like i just had an hour massage

and i def agree that trying different activities is really helpful if youre the type that gets bored really easily. i love the classes at my gym (yoga, spinning, etc) because i like having an instructor just telling me what to do so i know i'm doing it right.

i would def recommend trying a spinning class, you'll probably either love it or hate it. either way, it's an AMAZING cardio workout.

best of luck, it sounds like you're really dedicated, and i'm sure having a trainer 3x a week is really going to impact your progress

eyez1279
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I got up this morning and did a 35 min power walk before heading to the gym.

I'm tring to give my trainer a chance, maybe our next session will be better.

Today I asked my trainer why he reduced my cardio, he said so I wouldn't get burn out. I continued to inform him that I appreciated his knowledge but I really would like to do more cardio. I also informed him that I had been working out on my own before I hired him and I had seen results, I hired him to help me improve my results and take me to the next level. I hired him because I needed help. He was not happy with my request and even though we did weights today, he did't really speak to me like he had before.And when I was through with my cardio at the end of the session he just walked off the floor.

I don't know if he was having a bad day, but hopefully he'll think about what I want to accomplish and be willing to talk with me sensibly about it. I'm just not used to men pouting.

Today we did:

Cardio: 10 mins treadmill at 2.5mph(warm-up)

weights:
DB squat 3x12 w/16lb weighted vest
DB lunge 3x12 w/16lb weighted vest
DB sumo squat 3x12 w/16lb weighted vest
DB chest press on ball 3x12 w/8lb weights
DB flye on ball 1x15 w/8lb weights
DB bentover row 1x15 w/8lb weights
Seated arnold press 1x15 w/8lb weights
DB shrugs 1x15 w/8lb weights
Ball crunch 3x15

Cardio: Same as warm up

katiedids
07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Today I asked my trainer why he reduced my cardio, he said so I wouldn't get burn out. I continued to inform him that I appreciated his knowledge but I really would like to do more cardio. I also informed him that I had been working out on my own before I hired him and I had seen results, I hired him to help me improve my results and take me to the next level. I hired him because I needed help. He was not happy with my request and even though we did weights today, he did't really speak to me like he had before.And when I was through with my cardio at the end of the session he just walked off the floor.

I don't know if he was having a bad day, but hopefully he'll think about what I want to accomplish and be willing to talk with me sensibly about it. I'm just not used to men pouting.

ewww, that's annoying of him. i have a package of training sessions too, my trainer is great, but i can totally tell that she really only cares about me buying more sessions, and doesnt want me to learn enought to be able to lift on my own.

Hotmoltenlava
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM

Hey!

I would learn what you can from him and then do it on your own. Personal Trainers are good to a point, but once you have the knowledge and the motivation, you can do it without him.

Good luck!

eyez1279
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
My trainer called and told me he was refering me to a different trainer because I was too difficult and demanding. He also complained to His supervisor who called me to let me know that my trainer was being let go from the gym, their having too many complaints about him and a few clients have even left. I wonder why? So know i go back to square one , getting to know my trainer whoever he or she might be next time I go.

eyez1279
07-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Today I went back to the gym and had my first session with my new trainer. This time I have a female trainer, Alaysia , who has competed in a couple of state figure competitions. She introduced herself and then gave me a welcome package. It contained a water bottle, latest issue of M&F Hers, a shaker cup for protein drinks and some mrp bars.She breifed me on her attack plan for my fat and took inventory of my health history and asked me if there was anything I thought I couldn't do physically or just wouldn't do. Of course she was happy to hear I was open to just about anything. Next she tested my strength, endurance and bodyfat.(ouch!) Other than this I did nothing but get briefed on my diet , excuse me eating plan.

cawiau
07-27-2007, 01:57 AM
That is why sometime I can't stand personnal trainers.
In my gym, they are truly a waiste of space when I am concern :mad:

I say since you already paid for the training, take out of it as much as you can and put together your own program.
Some trainers have that "One fit all" mentality that can get annoying.
Just because your last clien only squat 130 like 10 times don't come stopping me from doing my 300 and up....They get on my nerve! :D

Sorry for ranting in your thread it just the trainers at my gym just do not stop with their sales pitch. And what I hate most is when they try to put their 2 cents in when you are in a middle of a workout!

Good job so far and keep up the good work!

eyez1279
07-28-2007, 06:29 AM
That is why sometime I can't stand personnal trainers.
In my gym, they are truly a waiste of space when I am concern :mad:

I say since you already paid for the training, take out of it as much as you can and put together your own program.
Some trainers have that "One fit all" mentality that can get annoying.
Just because your last clien only squat 130 like 10 times don't come stopping me from doing my 300 and up....They get on my nerve! :D

Sorry for ranting in your thread it just the trainers at my gym just do not stop with their sales pitch. And what I hate most is when they try to put their 2 cents in when you are in a middle of a workout!

Good job so far and keep up the good work!

I can completely understand where your coming from, this year alone I probably have tried about 5 trainers at 4 different gyms. I got frustrated by an injury I received while jumping rope under one trainers' instruction and worked out in May by myself and got really good results. My problem is when I'm asked what I was doing the trainers tell me they don't know why it worked (5 days walking 45-60 mins and only 2 full body weight days) But it probably will never work again. If this trainer doesn't workout I'll just go back to the drawing board, on my own.

kodlawnman
07-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone,

bigmomma stay with the trainer-you will get much better and faster results,
I bet if you look at the results of people with trainer and w/o trainer-
I have been working with a trainer for 14 weeks-26lbs lost, Kansan you out there, what is your secret to succeed ?

Iam all for PT, your food you eat is 80%, so really we cant blame a PT they just guide you,its really up to us cause we control what we eat and how hard we work,
take your time on this new lifestyle,it is a gradual process

cawiau
07-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I have been working with a trainer for 14 weeks-26lbs lost, Kansan you out there, what is your secret to succeed ?

Good for you but I beg to differ.
Most people that stays with a personnal trainer are the ones that lack the power or want to motivate themselves.
So they hope a personnal trainer will do that for them
Also...lack the urge to research their own workout program and see what works for them

Bodybuilding is not rocket scientist...there is no secret to it.
Work your ass off and you will get results!

your food you eat is 80%, so really we cant blame a PT they just guide you,its really up to us cause we control what we eat and how hard we work,

And there is why!!!
Food is about 85%, so really you cannot blame not reward a personnal trainer really for someone success...after all, 15%, come on!!!
I mean a personal trainer cannot be with you 24/7 and make sure you eat the correct meals and don't cheat.
It is all up to you! You are in charge of 85% of your transformation already...why not go for the whole 100%?
How hard can it be to motivate yourself to make it to the gym...work your ass off and get results when you already accomplish the hardest part of this thing...getting your diet in check?

kodlawnman
07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
No Dis Respect To You Cawiau, But Look At Your Numbers,if You Had A Trainer, I Bet You Would Be Father Along In Your Losses,if It Is So Easy To Work Your Ass Off As You Say, Then Your Losses Should Be More

Talk Is Cheap Results Speak Louder Than Words

eyez1279
07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Iam all for PT, your food you eat is 80%, so really we cant blame a PT they just guide you,its really up to us cause we control what we eat and how hard we work,
take your time on this new lifestyle,it is a gradual process

I have nothing against personal trainers, I've just had a hard time finding a good one. That doesn't mean that they're all bad, just that I haven't found one who right for me. I don't expect instant results but i do know my body responds well to consistancy(spell check).

I have a lot on my plate at home so I w just wanted to take some of the guess work out of working out. I really want to do this for me, I'm making changes, positive changes but my only support comes from my boys, bb.com and people I've met at the gym. I've had to lie to my family about going to the gym when I didn't have mone for a babysitter. If i told them "Hey could you watch the boys while I go to the gym?" their response would be NO! They believe stuff like that, going to the gym or beauty shop, is a privilage for those who deserve it. I am thought not to deseve it because I divorced my abusive husband (who's on his 7th year of a 15 year sentence) and basically went against my church and the idea of praying and working it out. So to them I deserve whatever hardship comes my way, especially being a fat slob.

But enough of me ranting, I really feel that I need help so I am going to stick with this trainer and gym for the next 3 months. (I bought a package so I wouldn't be tempted to back out.)Like I said before this is all about me.

kodlawnman
07-28-2007, 01:29 PM
i WISH YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD-GOD DOES NOT WANT TO PUNISH US,HE WANTS US TO BE HEALTHY AND HAPPY,YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN 3 MONTHS

cawiau
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I have nothing against personal trainers, I've just had a hard time finding a good one. That doesn't mean that they're all bad, just that I haven't found one who right for me. I don't expect instant results but i do know my body responds well to consistancy(spell check).

I have a lot on my plate at home so I w just wanted to take some of the guess work out of working out. I really want to do this for me, I'm making changes, positive changes but my only support comes from my boys, bb.com and people I've met at the gym. I've had to lie to my family about going to the gym when I didn't have mone for a babysitter. If i told them "Hey could you watch the boys while I go to the gym?" their response would be NO! They believe stuff like that, going to the gym or beauty shop, is a privilage for those who deserve it. I am thought not to deseve it because I divorced my abusive husband (who's on his 7th year of a 15 year sentence) and basically went against my church and the idea of praying and working it out. So to them I deserve whatever hardship comes my way, especially being a fat slob.

But enough of me ranting, I really feel that I need help so I am going to stick with this trainer and gym for the next 3 months. (I bought a package so I wouldn't be tempted to back out.)Like I said before this is all about me.

I have a policy that always work for me : Just brush it off :D

It amazes my fiancee to the point that it start getting on her nerve now.

I can go from having a huge fight, cursing and all to having a very sociably acceptable with smiles and great ambiance in less tha one minute.
She never understood how I did it but my life needs that.

I cannot let one instant or fact ruin the rest of my day. So, I put ot on the backburner till I have time for it. SO,just brush it off...

Try it.

Next...I am sorry to hear about your past but it makes you stronger in the long run...for you and your boys. I understand what you mean about the church because my family is highly religious and that is one of the point I disagree with them about.
God never said to stay in a relationship when you are miserable just for the sake of being married...Never understood that mentality.
2 of my fiancees aunt are miserable...I mean impossible to miss miserable in their marriage. Husband cheating and the whole world knowing, abuse., you name it they got it. But guess what...they go to church close to 3 times a day, part of church commity and god knows what else. and they will die before they even consider divorce.

Think about you and your boys. That should be your priority and not what the rest of the world thank of you. Can you sleep well at night? Do you feel guilty? If not...than girl you are doing great!

You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be treated with respect. And don't let anyone tell you different.
So girl be on your way to be a sexymama because you were born to be one.

Show your boys what a strong woman should be so they know what to look for when they get outhere.

And more importantly....KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH!!!

eyez1279
08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I've been at the docter everyday this due to severe swelling of my face, legs, and hands. I was undergoing tests this week because my kidneys weren't functioning properly due to all the meds they had me on. I was on one for my epilepsy, one for low blood pressure, one for bell palsy and one for my heart. Needless to say I've been overmedicated and now I will have to be weaned off of everything except my heart medication. This is what I was told by my regular doctor.

Now I have been miserable all week. Anytime I try to take a walk or even climb the stairs my ankles swell up and I can't get my shoes on, at least that was the case until I met Dr. Rice yesterday. She completely took me off of everything including the heart medication. She's 75 years old and told me I would be her patient from now on because these "nuts" were going to kill me with all these meds. She sent me home with instructions of eating a big green salad for dinner and drinking as much distilled water as possible and then she told me to come back tomorrow.(Which would be today)

When I woke up this morning I didn't have any swelling and I felt soooo much better.I went back to her this morning and she wrote me a prescription for a multi-vitamin once a day and 6 small meals a day along with 2 glasses of distilled water with every meal, she also recommended that I take up some form of martial arts such as karate. I was also told to buy a ****meter and by the time she sees me again, next month, she wants to see my progress in a walking log. The only thing we didn't see eye to eye on was weight lifting, she sees it as unnecessary, due to the fact that I'm a woman. She also believes that weight lifting should be left to men because I shouldn't want to look like a man. Well, what she don't know won't hurt her, and I'm picking my weights up again after my b-day.

I have to go back to the hospital next week for an EKG and other tests and blood work so I will keep you posted.

cawiau
08-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I've been at the docter everyday this due to severe swelling of my face, legs, and hands. I was undergoing tests this week because my kidneys weren't functioning properly due to all the meds they had me on. I was on one for my epilepsy, one for low blood pressure, one for bell palsy and one for my heart. Needless to say I've been overmedicated and now I will have to be weaned off of everything except my heart medication. This is what I was told by my regular doctor.

Sorry to hear :(...some doctors seriously need to go back and redo their internship and residency...Heck, maybe med school would be good too.
I hope I don't perform that poorly when I become an M.D.

Now I have been miserable all week. Anytime I try to take a walk or even climb the stairs my ankles swell up and I can't get my shoes on, at least that was the case until I met Dr. Rice yesterday. She completely took me off of everything including the heart medication. She's 75 years old and told me I would be her patient from now on because these "nuts" were going to kill me with all these meds. She sent me home with instructions of eating a big green salad for dinner and drinking as much distilled water as possible and then she told me to come back tomorrow.(Which would be today)

When I woke up this morning I didn't have any swelling and I felt soooo much better.I went back to her this morning and she wrote me a prescription for a multi-vitamin once a day and 6 small meals a day along with 2 glasses of distilled water with every meal, she also recommended that I take up some form of martial arts such as karate. I was also told to buy a ****meter and by the time she sees me again, next month, she wants to see my progress in a walking log.

Finally, someone that knows what they are doing :D
good to know you are doing good and feeling better already!
Remember too take care of yourself! ;)

The only thing we didn't see eye to eye on was weight lifting, she sees it as unnecessary, due to the fact that I'm a woman. She also believes that weight lifting should be left to men because I shouldn't want to look like a man. Well, what she don't know won't hurt her, and I'm picking my weights up again after my b-day.

I have to go back to the hospital next week for an EKG and other tests and blood work so I will keep you posted.

Remember, she is 75 :D
Different generations different time
Give your body time to rest and recuperate!
Keep us posted :)

eyez1279
10-13-2007, 05:35 AM
This has been a tring year, a real test of faith, BUT I stil haven't given up and hae started walking and wearing a ****meter. My tainer has me doing alot of body weight exercises like push-ups, sit-ups and squats. I have yet to do one pull up yet but I tried and thought my arms were going to jump off and run away. I have a goal of 10,000 steps a day, the closet I got was 9446 steps.
so wish me luck I'm back on track.

first class
10-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Stay encouraged and no matter what be consistant, it will all come together in time. No one can do it all over night. When you look back next year from now you will be so proud of yourself. We all have up and down times with our workouts, and body weight. I look forward to seeing you transform. Always rememver nothing is impossible!!!! It's mind over matter, and how bad do we really want it.

eyez1279
08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
This has to be so sad,I don't know HOW I went so long with out updating this thing. I know that this forum is incredibly helpful and motivating but I just lost track of everything when I started going to school with a new major, Information Systems. And I've also been doing my job as an in home child care provider, which sometimes leaves me with no free time. I've also found a special friend who encourages me in my weightloss by bringing me sweet treats like fruit bowls and low cal smoothies. Things are really looking up and my weight will eventually go down.