PDA

View Full Version : Making my dreams come true- 25% to 10% in 5 months!

TourMaline
07-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Hey everybody! Thanks for reading this thread :), here is a little about me- I am a 19 year old male who was obese until about this time last year. I lost about 66 lbs following a Atkins diet from about March of 06 till July of 06- I lost a HEAP of muscle but I got my weight down to about 187 lbs (correct BMI). I was left skinny fat!

I just kind of did weights on and off and stuck with a CKD style diet for about a year (from that point until now)- I did gain some muscle and got my BF down to about 25% (from 30+) and gained about 11 lbs. So my stats are now as follows: 6 ft tall and 198 lbs with 25% BF and I am so very motivated now to get down to 10% by the 19th of December, 2007!

Here is the diet I am currently on it is following a 40/40/20 style:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk, 3 caps fish oil

Meal 2: 1/3 cup brown rice (raw), 3 caps fish oil, 250 g chicken breast

Meal 3: 1/3 cup brown rice (raw), 1 serving Musashi protein powder, 3 caps fish oil

Meal 4: 1/3 cup brown rice (raw), 3 caps fish oil, 250 g chicken breast

Meal 5: 2 cups cottage cheese, 3 caps fish oil

1 cup skim milk can be used throughout the day (tea/coffee) + splenda

Total calories: 2256 and macros are 42/41/17

I lift weights 3 times a week and I do the following exercises with this rep/set structure:

Bench press: 4 sets of 5 reps + 1 drop set

Bent over barbell row: 4 sets of 5 reps + 1 drop set

Dead lift: 3 sets of 1 rep

Crunches on gym ball: 3 sets of 20 reps

I just thought I would start this log to stay motivated and ask for advice along my 5 month journey :). Thanks for reading and If you have any suggestions on how to change this plan for the better- please post a reply and let me know! Thanks everybody :D

TM

The Director
07-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Good luck, hope you do fine. So you're not doing keto with this eh? let me know how you do the first 3 weeks. No cardio?

TourMaline
07-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the luck/ Yeah I think I will mix things up a bit and go 40/40/20 instead of keto...Ah yes my cardio will be going for a run with my dog nearly every day- I forgot to put that in.

TourMaline
07-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Hey everybody this is just an update of my day. I stuck to my diet pretty well except I forgot to take my fish oil caps! So now I am scoffing 5 down at 11:30pm. I also discovered a new treat- chocolate protein powder + splenda + smooth peanut butter = YUM! So I need to add a tablespoon of PB and some Parmesan cheese (I made parmigiana) to my daily calorie totals- Apart from that my diet was perfect!

It was hard though as my brother brought home a big serving of hot chips (french fries) coated in chicken salt...I just got my dog on the leash and did a walk/jog for 20 mins until he was done eating them- I guess that counts as cardio as well.

Thats my entry for the day 20/07/2007, thanks for reading :).

The Director
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
If you stall, take out the skim milk before anything else.

TourMaline
07-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the advice man.

It is 1:17pm and I am eating my first meal- I think I am going to change my sleeping patterns. Although I am on holidays, it is kinda screwing my meals over as my family is eating lunch whilst I eat oat porridge.

I plan on hitting the gym hard today, I look forward to hit my muscles so hard!

TourMaline
07-21-2007, 02:10 AM
I had a great workout today, although I was a little unsure how to perform a deadlift with perfect form so I just tried my best.

I am finding it REALLY REALLY hard to eat all my meals today- I just feel so very full. It is 7pm at night and I still have to eat about 300 grams of chicken breast and a whole bowl of cooked brown rice + 2 cups of cottage cheese :(...I think I might be sick I really cant eat it all.

I had a little dietary mishap today when I was asked to make salt and pepper squid for my family (my recipe...but it is coated in rice and corn flour and deep fried)...I abstained from eating a whole meal of it and just nibbled on a few pieces of deep fried squid, I think the total extra calories from the squid would be around 150-200 or so, so its no big deal...I just wont eat all of my rice.

TourMaline
07-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Wow my diet was a bit off it today! I had meal 1 perfect ...but the other 3 went off the rails! Chicken briyani (a DELICIOUS Indian basmati rice ditch) was cooked today so I ate that. It was Basmati rice with chicken cooked in a creamy curry and baked...I tried to pick out all the chicken from the dish and ate about my brown rice requirements for the day with the basmati rice instead (if that makes sense).

Maybe I will just cut out my fish oil for the day today?

Meal 5 looks like it will be on plan and I didn't get to do any cardio today :(.

TourMaline
07-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Okay today I kept my diet perfect, but I am reallt struggling to rat all the food I have to eat- It feels like im just eating too many calories I am ALWAYS full! No cardio today.

I plan on doing a hectic weights workout in a little while and downing some more fish oil and then my whey and cottage cheese...I really dont know how I will eat it all!!!

TourMaline
07-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Tuesdays are just so very hectic for me! I only had 5 hrs of sleep and worked from 7am to 7pm (I am a massage therapist to suppliment my chiropractic education). I managed to eat kind of clean, but I had to resort to getting a low fat roll from McDonalds (very low in fat but still 430 calories!). I think I managed to adjust the calories so I got my required amout of protein in and a decent amount of calories (still lower than maintenance). Did no cardio today and I am absolutely exhausted.

Hope to have a GREAT workout tomorow with the weights and get some cardio going!

TourMaline
07-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Today my diet was pretty much perfect (I havent eaten all my meals yet though) except for a small protein bar I ate (~100 cals) and a tiny tiny bit of chocolate. I had a good workout but I felt a little lethargic due to a headache I have been having all day (very very tight back muscles from all the massaging). Did no cardio today as well.

I wonder if anyone can answer this: Why can I NEVER EVER finish all my food for the day...I just feel like I cant eat that much each day. Ever since I have started this change in lifestyle I have just not had the appetite to finish all my food...Why?

Thanks for reading :).

The Director
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Today my diet was pretty much perfect (I havent eaten all my meals yet though) except for a small protein bar I ate (~100 cals) and a tiny tiny bit of chocolate. I had a good workout but I felt a little lethargic due to a headache I have been having all day (very very tight back muscles from all the massaging). Did no cardio today as well.

I wonder if anyone can answer this: Why can I NEVER EVER finish all my food for the day...I just feel like I cant eat that much each day. Ever since I have started this change in lifestyle I have just not had the appetite to finish all my food...Why?

Thanks for reading :).

Keep at it, I've been getting 5 hour sleep too, sleep at 5:30, wake up at 10:30, my eyes are dry as well..sucks. You take pre measurements?

TourMaline
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Good afternoon all! It has been exactly 1 week since I started eating this squeeky clean and here are my results:

Scale weight loss: 0.6 kg/ 1.32 lb LOSS

Waist measurement loss: 3 cm/ 1.2 inches LOSS

Those results are just from 1 weeks worth of dieting and heavy lifting- no cardio as of yet!

Okay I gotta run now guys, late for a family commitment! Thanks for reading :).

EvoSummer
07-25-2007, 10:30 PM
1.2 waist loss? Nice job man that's a great improvement. Keep at it.

TourMaline
07-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks alot man...Im in it for the long haul!

TourMaline
07-31-2007, 04:56 AM
Hey guys! I just got home from a camp (4 day camp so Friday to Monday) and all meals were catered. I tried to pack meals but they only lasted me for 1.5 of those days- the camp was very rural...And the food way bad. This also means my last workout was wednesday which was nearly a week away....I hope the damage done wasnt too bad...

Back to the diet and exercise plan tommorow...I hope the gain from this camp wont discourage me too much...

TourMaline
08-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I feel like I have no energy to do anything...

TourMaline
08-10-2007, 12:23 AM
3 weeks on the diet:
Scale weight loss: 0.1 kg/ 0.22 lb loss

Waist measurement loss: 1 cm/ 0.4 inches loss

This is taking wayy too long...I need to add more cardio in I guess...

FrostFox
08-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Going from 25% to 10% isn't something that many people can do in 5 months.

I suggest you replace your cardio with HIIT. It's far better for burning fat and sparing muscle, and it takes only a maximum of 15 minutes a day!

TourMaline
08-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah I know it wont happen, it is just a goal :). My cardio machine broke so can I just do HIIT in the park next door (run for 20 seconds, walk for 20 seconds or something similar)?

TourMaline
08-11-2007, 02:09 AM
I did my first ever HIIT session today- It only went for 3 and a half minutes (60 mins jog, 30 seconds sprint) and I couldnt take anymore! I am soo unfit! But I felt great afterwards :). I just did it in the massive field I live nearby to, the walk to the field was the warmup and the walk back was cooldown. Man did my shins HURT though =S.

I will try incorporate this 2 days a week.

lose10kilos
08-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah I know it wont happen, it is just a goal :). My cardio machine broke so can I just do HIIT in the park next door (run for 20 seconds, walk for 20 seconds or something similar)?

lol isnt it beeter to put goals that we can achieve?

goodluck with it tho, i hope u get there !

TourMaline
08-11-2007, 05:51 AM
^ I thought I could get there, but now being realistic, I know it wont happen and thats okay :).

Here is my weekly timetable:http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4905/ttzk1.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ttzk1.jpg)

TourMaline
08-14-2007, 04:32 AM
I am finding it hard to stick to a fixed diet...same thing over n over again...

The Director
08-19-2007, 05:22 PM
dude..you CAN get there..25 to 12% is achievable, I'm going to do it. You just need to get a good diet down and go for it..you had good results from atkins, get on CKD and just do it man.