PDA

View Full Version : Substitute for post-workout whey?

BigTruckGuy3500
12-10-2004, 05:41 PM
What is a good fast digesting protein for post workout, other than whey? Any actual food? I was thinking maybe powdered milk, because of its convenience, but then milk isn't the quickest to digest. Any ideas?

Incase you're wondering why, I've found out that there is something (rennet) used in the processing of whey which I can't have.

Maximum6
12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Drink Fatfree Milk and have a piece of fruit. If not..eat eggs.

mivi320
12-10-2004, 06:53 PM
What is a good fast digesting protein for post workout, other than whey? Any actual food? I was thinking maybe powdered milk, because of its convenience, but then milk isn't the quickest to digest. Any ideas?

Incase you're wondering why, I've found out that there is something (rennet) used in the processing of whey which I can't have.

Egg whites would fulfill the place of whey if you don't have access to whey protein. Any source of lean protein should do the trick IMO. Just be sure to keep fat to a minimum for post workout.

BigTruckGuy3500
12-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Egg whites would fulfill the place of whey if you don't have access to whey protein. Any source of lean protein should do the trick IMO. Just be sure to keep fat to a minimum for post workout.
You think a tuna sandwich or two with fat free mayonaise on wheat bread would work?

mivi320
12-10-2004, 07:37 PM
You think a tuna sandwich or two with fat free mayonaise on wheat bread would work?

That would work fine bro if you can't stand the tast of egg whites. Personally, I would go with the egg whites as they are the most easily digestible natural protein source and the percentage net utilization by our bodies is 94%. Tuna would also suffice here; do whatever floats your boat. Generally, you want carbohydrates and lean protein post-workout with no or little fat.