PDA

View Full Version : Schlot16's 10% By September 1, 2007 Cut Log

Schlot16
07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Alright, it is July 18th, 2007, and I have been hovering in the low-mid 150 lbs range for the last 2 months, I am a 5'7'' 19 year old, and i'm around 12% body fat. I start my sophomore year of college on September 4th, 2007 - and I want to be 10% body fat by the time I move in -- so I look cut for all the fine ladies at Ohio University ;)

That being said, I have 45 days to cut 2% body fat. A hefty task, but I'm going to try my best. I'll post nutrition facts, work out routines, and blogs of my progress.

Here's a picture to use as a starting measuring point:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/11062887/profilepic/182142orig.jpg
July 17, 2007 - 153 Lbs, 12% body fat
---
Will update with a picture every week from now until September.. wish me luck!

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 10:56 PM
good luck!

Schlot16
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Day 1 -

Exercises
Bench Press - 135lbs - 3 sets of 5
Bicep Curls - 65lbs - 3 sets of 10
Tricep Extensions - 50 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Shoulder Raises - 40 lbs - 2 sets of 10, 50 lbs 1 set of 10
Peck Fly - 60 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Dumb bell Press - 60 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Forearm Rolls - 50 lbs - 2 sets of 25
Shoulder Shrugs - 160 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Lat Pulldowns - 90 lbs - 3 sets of 10
**Weights listed are combined totals if dumb bells were used**

Cardio
Bike outside - 6 miles

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1800
Grams of fat: 25
Grams of protein: 200
Grams of carbs: 150

Self-Analysis
Good workout, pushed myself to do 50 lbs with the shoulders on the last set and that felt good. My diet was solid, fat was a bit low but other than that i did alright.

Schlot16
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Day 2 -

Exercises
Dumbell Deadlift - 40 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Dumbell Squat - 40 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Dumbell Calve Raise - 40 lbs - 3 sets of 30

Cardio
N/A

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1365
Grams of fat: 59
Grams of protein: 108
Grams of carbs: 86

Self-Analysis
I had to go down to Ohio U for my transfer orientation, so my nutrition wasn't pretty. We had Bob Evans for breakfast, and I had a ham & cheese omelet, which is where 40 grams of fat came from. I got my lower body workout in when we got home in the late hours of the night.

Schlot16
07-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Day 3 -

Exercises
Bench Press - 135lbs x's 5, x's 5, x's 6
Tricep Extensions - 50 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Shoulder Raises - 40 lbs - 2 sets of 10, 60 lbs 1 set of 5
Peck Fly - 60 lbs - 3 sets of 10
Lat Pull downs - 80lbs x's 10, 100x's 10, 110x's 5, 70 x's 12

Cardio
Bike outside - 6 miles at average of 12 mph

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1880
Grams of fat: 31
Grams of protein: 195
Grams of carbs: 225

Self-Analysis
Strong workout today, starting to get my bench strength back slowly, as i put up 135 with less problems today. Everything else felt good as well. Cardio outside was tough because it was really windy today.

Bgreise24
07-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Alright, it is July 18th, 2007, and I have been hovering in the low-mid 150 lbs range for the last 2 months, I am a 5'7'' 19 year old, and i'm around 12% body fat. I start my sophomore year of college on September 4th, 2007 - and I want to be 10% body fat by the time I move in -- so I look cut for all the fine ladies at Ohio University ;)

That being said, I have 45 days to cut 2% body fat. A hefty task, but I'm going to try my best. I'll post nutrition facts, work out routines, and blogs of my progress.

Here's a picture to use as a starting measuring point:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/11062887/profilepic/182142orig.jpg
July 17, 2007 - 153 Lbs, 12% body fat
---
Will update with a picture every week from now until September.. wish me luck!

dude no offense but.........bulk dont cut 12 is low enough i mean come on now and 2% in 45 days is not a hefty task especially if you are dedicated

Schlot16
07-21-2007, 12:16 PM
dude no offense but.........bulk dont cut 12 is low enough i mean come on now and 2% in 45 days is not a hefty task especially if you are dedicated

You have your visions and goals, and I have my own.

Schlot16
07-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Day 4 -

Exercises

Cardio
Bike 6 Miles @ 12 MPH [30 min]

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1520
Grams of fat: 27
Grams of protein: 167
Grams of carbs: 176

Self-Analysis
Easy day, tried to slim down the calories today since I don't do much on the even days. Bike time improved on my 6 mile mapped out track that I ride, it only took me 28:30 today, whereas it took me 33 minutes yesterday.

MrSinister
07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
haha mate your bf is fine i go to uni myself and you're already ahead of most guys.. start putting on more lean muscle!

Schlot16
07-21-2007, 08:57 PM
haha mate your bf is fine i go to uni myself and you're already ahead of most guys.. start putting on more lean muscle!

I understand where you are coming from saying I should be adding muscle, but let me just say that I PLAN on doing so.. just not until I get down to around 10%. I say this because I've been 19%-25% fat for the last 5 years or so, and I set my goal to be 10% when I started working out in January, something I honestly never saw myself achieving. I am so close right now, and I intend on bulking up and cutting back down, but I think this is something I have to do.

If I don't reach 10% by September 1st, then oh well. I plan on bulking the whole first semester of my soph year in college, then cutting after the new year. Does that make you feel better, or would you still say I'm crazy and should be bulking? Lol :)

I appreciate the constructive criticism you guys have given me though, I'm glad someone out there is reading this to the point where they want to give their input, so thanks!

MrSinister
07-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I understand where you are coming from saying I should be adding muscle, but let me just say that I PLAN on doing so.. just not until I get down to around 10%. I say this because I've been 19%-25% fat for the last 5 years or so, and I set my goal to be 10% when I started working out in January, something I honestly never saw myself achieving. I am so close right now, and I intend on bulking up and cutting back down, but I think this is something I have to do.

If I don't reach 10% by September 1st, then oh well. I plan on bulking the whole first semester of my soph year in college, then cutting after the new year. Does that make you feel better, or would you still say I'm crazy and should be bulking? Lol :)

I appreciate the constructive criticism you guys have given me though, I'm glad someone out there is reading this to the point where they want to give their input, so thanks!
to be honest i think its silly to go by numbers as they're so inconsistent, i mean unless you're getting properly tested with a hydrostatic machine then all these numbers are not even accurate, so not only do you not really know if you're actually 12% now but you'll never know when you're 10% either...
the timeframe you've given is about 7 weeks and if you're 150 then to lose 2% fat means losing 3 pounds! you should be able to do that in 3 weeks.. imo you're fine now and would look better with more muscle mass, but course its up to you. dont let a bulk put you off, do it right and you'll get bigger and your bodyfat will stay the same maybe even drop but you'll look a lot better.. the most you can show at school is arms (sleeveless t's e.t.c) so get them bigger and youll be making good impressions :p

Schlot16
07-21-2007, 09:18 PM
to be honest i think its silly to go by numbers as they're so inconsistent, i mean unless you're getting properly tested with a hydrostatic machine then all these numbers are not even accurate, so not only do you not really know if you're actually 12% now but you'll never know when you're 10% either...
the timeframe you've given is about 7 weeks and if you're 150 then to lose 2% fat means losing 3 pounds! you should be able to do that in 3 weeks.. imo you're fine now and would look better with more muscle mass, but course its up to you. dont let a bulk put you off, do it right and you'll get bigger and your bodyfat will stay the same maybe even drop but you'll look a lot better.. the most you can show at school is arms (sleeveless t's e.t.c) so get them bigger and youll be making good impressions :p

Again, I appreciate the comments and criticism Sinister, wow - I just checked your page -- that's an impressive transformation you've made. congrats!

--I know that my numbers aren't accurate, but I've used the same method since day 1, so even though they are skewed, they are consistent. I do plan on packing on muscle, I'm using the mirror/pictures right now more than my scale anyway!

My long term goal is to be 170-185 and a single- digit bf. This is a long term project of course!

One step at a time. I would rep you, if I had repping powers. but I am not worthy lol!

MrSinister
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Again, I appreciate the comments and criticism Sinister, wow - I just checked your page -- that's an impressive transformation you've made. congrats!

--I know that my numbers aren't accurate, but I've used the same method since day 1, so even though they are skewed, they are consistent. I do plan on packing on muscle, I'm using the mirror/pictures right now more than my scale anyway!

My long term goal is to be 170-185 and a single- digit bf. This is a long term project of course!

One step at a time. I would rep you, if I had repping powers. but I am not worthy lol!
lol no probs i dont follow the reps anyway! and thanks. its old tho.. im 230 now, just started cutting again.
good luck with it anyway, i subbed to the thread

Schlot16
07-21-2007, 09:52 PM
lol no probs i dont follow the reps anyway! and thanks. its old tho.. im 230 now, just started cutting again.
good luck with it anyway, i subbed to the thread

Alright sweet. Feel free to check in from time to time!

Schlot16
07-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Day 5 -

Exercises
Abdominals:
-100 Crunches
-20 Leg Throws
-Swimmers (2 sets of 30 seconds)

Cardio
Bike 6 Miles @ 12 MPH [30 min]

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1255
Grams of fat: 25.5
Grams of protein: 186
Grams of carbs: 78

Self-Analysis
Sundays are either rest or cardio days, and I went with the bike today. Since I didn't do much, I tried to eat around 1300 cals today, to throw my body off a bit. I also kept carbs down, and ate a lot of chicken and protein.

MrSinister
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
1255 argh mate thats wayyyyyy too few calories, even the 1800 u take in on a normal day id say is a little too low.. you dont want calories to go so low that your body turns to breaking down muscle for energy. Plus it wont do much for your metabolism.
eat a bit more, and do a little extra cardio to compensate imo.
and for abs try doing more resistance work, heavy cable crunches and weighted decline crunches e.t.c

Schlot16
07-22-2007, 10:22 PM
1255 argh mate thats wayyyyyy too few calories, even the 1800 u take in on a normal day id say is a little too low.. you dont want calories to go so low that your body turns to breaking down muscle for energy. Plus it wont do much for your metabolism.
eat a bit more, and do a little extra cardio to compensate imo.
and for abs try doing more resistance work, heavy cable crunches and weighted decline crunches e.t.c

Thanks Sinister,

yeah, 1255 was definitely too low, I will work on eating a little more this week and we'll see what happens.

I'm still nursing a nagging sore knee, which is why i have been riding my bike outside for 6 miles a day.. not nearly as effective as running was for me imo.. hopefully by august i'll be able to start running for 25-40 min again.

As for abs, thanks for the advice. Somehow, they sorta show for me once and awhile, which is encouraging, especially if my BF is actually a lot higher than my supposed 12%.. so who knows what'll show up once the fat starts to cut loose!

Schlot16
07-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Day 6 -

Exercises
Bench Press - 135 x's 5, 135 x's 7, 145 x's 6
Tricep Extensions - 55 lbs - 2 sets of 10
Shoulder Raises - 40x's 10, 50x's 10, 60 lbs x'5
Peck Fly - 60 lbs - 2 sets of 10
Lat Pull downs - 90lbs x's 10, 100x's 10, 110x's 5, 70 x's 12

Cardio
Bike outside - 6 miles at average of 12 mph

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1720
Grams of fat: 38
Grams of protein: 237
Grams of carbs: 108

Self-Analysis
Strong workout today, put up 145 for 6 on the bench press for my third set. I'm easing myself into higher weights with each session, and it feels good! :)

I'm going to try this method of cutting, where you carb and calorie cycle.. here's the link: http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/carbcycling.html#mitch

MrSinister
07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
are you able to do a more divided 3 or 4 day split with the weights? cause atm you're packing what you can into one session which imo isn't the best way to lift.. unless this is your first time lifting weights which it could be.
also another thing which i dont think you're doing, get into sprints! you can even do it with your bike.. find a nice hill around your area, sprint up it on the bike... slowly come down.. sprint back up again, slowly come down(coming down is the recovery) do this as many times over as you can (no more than 15minutes worth or so tho) the fat will melt away. u can do it running and stuff too, its called HIIT cardio.

Schlot16
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
are you able to do a more divided 3 or 4 day split with the weights? cause atm you're packing what you can into one session which imo isn't the best way to lift.. unless this is your first time lifting weights which it could be.
also another thing which i dont think you're doing, get into sprints! you can even do it with your bike.. find a nice hill around your area, sprint up it on the bike... slowly come down.. sprint back up again, slowly come down(coming down is the recovery) do this as many times over as you can (no more than 15minutes worth or so tho) the fat will melt away. u can do it running and stuff too, its called HIIT cardio.

You think that I have too much packed into one day Sinister? How would you split those exercises up exactly?? I'm also looking for lower body exercises that would be more effective than the ones I am doing, are there any suggestions?

IN regards to cardio, I am going to try HIIT with sprinting once my knee heals up to 100%, which should be any day now.

MrSinister
07-23-2007, 08:57 PM
You think that I have too much packed into one day Sinister? How would you split those exercises up exactly?? I'm also looking for lower body exercises that would be more effective than the ones I am doing, are there any suggestions?

IN regards to cardio, I am going to try HIIT with sprinting once my knee heals up to 100%, which should be any day now.

id just split it up more.. something like this (for now)
day 1 chest/tris/abs
day 2 off
day 3 legs / abs
day 4 off
day 5 back/biceps/shoulders
day 6 off
repeat

for the leg workout do something like
squats
leg press
leg extensions
calf raises

3 x 8-10 reps for each

btw if u had knee problems id avoid running sprints for a while, u can do hiit on the eliptical of cycler.. they work as good or better, and no knee joint impact.

Schlot16
07-23-2007, 09:05 PM
id just split it up more.. something like this (for now)
day 1 chest/tris/abs
day 2 off
day 3 legs / abs
day 4 off
day 5 back/biceps/shoulders
day 6 off
repeat

for the leg workout do something like
squats
leg press
leg extensions
calf raises

3 x 8-10 reps for each

btw if u had knee problems id avoid running sprints for a while, u can do hiit on the eliptical of cycler.. they work as good or better, and no knee joint impact.

Cool - Thanks for the advice again man.. How often would you do HIIT sprint intervals in a week?? every other day?

MrSinister
07-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Cool - Thanks for the advice again man.. How often would you do HIIT sprint intervals in a week?? every other day?

yep on them days off would be perfect

Schlot16
07-23-2007, 09:11 PM
yep on them days off would be perfect

I will have to start doing something along those lines soon, will let you know how that goes!

Schlot16
07-24-2007, 07:42 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7880/musclecomparison2hg9.jpg

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3117/724zp7.jpg

Schlot16
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Day 7 -

Exercises

Cardio
HIIT Training on the Elliptical - 15 MIN

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1305
Grams of fat: 45
Grams of protein: 159
Grams of carbs: 64

Self-Analysis
First day on the carb cycling plan that I posted last night, and I think my macros were nearly dead on to what they were supposed to be. I did HIIT training on the stationary bike this morning, and that wasn't too bad, but I felt winded after for sure!

Some people posted and said they think my BF is as high as 15%, while others say it is as low as 12%. If you look at it, if I am indeed 15%, that means I am 22.68 lbs of fat (152.6 x's .15 = 22.68) and if I am 12%, I am 18.312 lbs of fat. To achieve my goal, I would have to lose as much as 7.42 lbs to get to 10%, or if I am 12% - I have to lose 3.1 lbs.

On this carb cycling plan, it says that you can expect to lose between 1-1.5 lbs each cycle - (1 Cycle = 6 days), so we will see what happens with this!

To read more about it, here's the link: http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/carbcycling.html#mitch

MrSinister
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
thats a better looking workout :)
good to see u did hiit, how were you doing it, what intervals how long e.t.c?
ur slowly leaning up more.. i would guess you're around 13-14% myself, like i said.. u would reall benefit better from a clean bulk, and more muscle on you makes it MUCH easier to cut, muscles use calories to work.. but i know you prob dont wanna hear this :p
hopefully the carb cycling works out

Schlot16
07-24-2007, 06:56 PM
thats a better looking workout :)
good to see u did hiit, how were you doing it, what intervals how long e.t.c?
ur slowly leaning up more.. i would guess you're around 13-14% myself, like i said.. u would reall benefit better from a clean bulk, and more muscle on you makes it MUCH easier to cut, muscles use calories to work.. but i know you prob dont wanna hear this :p
hopefully the carb cycling works out

Haha, I figured you would like the HIIT..

What I did was, I rode our stationary bike in the basement (it was raining outside today) as such::

2 Minutes - 'Jog Pace'
1 Minute - Sprint 80%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 80%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 85%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 85%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 90%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 95%
1 Minute - Jog
1 Minute - Sprint 100%
Totals:
15 Minutes of Bike time
130 Cal Burnt
3.2 Miles

And yes, I am aware that I would benefit from a clean bulk.. I plan on clean bulking in a month or so, and you can track my progress then too! haha.

MrSinister
07-24-2007, 07:02 PM
yep thats pretty much all you do, see you have a good cardio workout in 15mins (plus whatever cooldowns/warmups)
and if it ever gets too easy, keep turning the resistance levels up :p

Schlot16
07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
yep thats pretty much all you do, see you have a good cardio workout in 15mins (plus whatever cooldowns/warmups)
and if it ever gets too easy, keep turning the resistance levels up :p

cool deal, i'm anxious to see how this turns out..

how's your process going?

MrSinister
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
cool deal, i'm anxious to see how this turns out..

how's your process going?
im only a week into my cut, i'll post pics and ill let ya know in about 10-12 weeks :)

Schlot16
07-24-2007, 07:11 PM
right on, good luck bro.

Schlot16
07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Day 8 -

Exercises
Bench Press - 135 x's 8, 145 x's 5, 155 x's 3
Bicep Curls - 65lbs - 2 sets of 10
Tricep Extensions - 50 lbs - 2 sets of 10
Shoulder Raises - 40x's 10, 50x's 10, 60 lbs x'10

Cardio
HIIT-Bike: 15 Minutes

Schlot16
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1300
Grams of Fat: 44
Grams of Protein:160
Grams of Carbs: 40

Self-Analysis
Another good day for me.. lifts felt strong, despite the fact I am lifting on quite a deficit. Bench increased to 155 for 3 today.. will go for 160 on Friday. As for the carb cycling, I am going to call today day #3, since on Monday I only had 108 carbs.. so I've gone 108-52-40 in terms of carb intake, tomorrow I will be shooting for 265g carb.

Schlot16
07-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Day 9

Exercises
Abdominals:
-100 Crunches
-20 Leg Throws
-Swimmers (2 sets of 30 seconds)

Cardio
HIIT--Bike (15 Min)
Distance: 4.4 Mi
Cal Burned: 145

MrSinister
07-26-2007, 06:26 PM
add some weight on those crunches :p no need to be doing 100!

and dont worry too much about the calorie reading on hiit, it'll generally read lower than a steady state cardio session but it doesn't tell half the story, its the after effects and metabolism boost e.t.c where hiit shines

Schlot16
07-26-2007, 06:39 PM
add some weight on those crunches :p no need to be doing 100!

and dont worry too much about the calorie reading on hiit, it'll generally read lower than a steady state cardio session but it doesn't tell half the story, its the after effects and metabolism boost e.t.c where hiit shines

Haha, yeah.. I know, just a habit of mine I guess :D

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1305
Grams of Fat: 45
Grams of Protein:151
Grams of Carbs: 40

Self-Analysis
Alright, day 3 of low carbs is over.. and thank you god. I can barely function on those types of numbers! Tomorrow I'm back in the gym, and I'm eating 2 things of oatmeal, toast, and peanut butter before 9:15..

I could honestly use a cheat day.

MrSinister
07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I could honestly use a cheat day.
then have one.. not a whole day, but have a pizza for dinner or something, it aint gonna hurt once off

Schlot16
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
then have one.. not a whole day, but have a pizza for dinner or something, it aint gonna hurt once off

All in good time.. I'm seeing how long I can go without caving in.

Schlot16
07-27-2007, 09:11 AM
---Day 10---

Exercises
Bicep Curls - 65lbs - 1 sets of 10, 1 superset
Tricep Extensions - 45 lbs - 2 sets of 10

Cardio
N/A

Schlot16
07-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1450
Grams of Fat: 43
Grams of Protein:125
Grams of Carbs: 141

Self-Analysis
I had a real "meh." Day today.. Workout was fine, and nutrition was fine up until around 5 pm, then I don't know what happened.

Thought about ordering chinese food and stuff for dinner, but then decided against it, and I think I let the situation at home get to me or something, because at this moment I am unmotivated. I came to the realization today that I probably don't even look too good right now, because I don't have much muscle mass on my frame - so I just look a lot younger than I am, small, and skinny-fat, and I'm not sure if I want to keep trying to cut at this point, or whatever..

but man, what a downer mood I am in. :(

MrSinister
07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
cutting makes u depressive, its only natural when you're deprived from arguably the humans greatest pleasure!
but yeah if it makes u feel any better, no u dont need to be cutting :p

Schlot16
07-27-2007, 10:49 PM
cutting makes u depressive, its only natural when you're deprived from arguably the humans greatest pleasure!
but yeah if it makes u feel any better, no u dont need to be cutting :p

Haha, tomorrow is my day off of everything, so I am going to treat it as such :D

Schlot16
07-28-2007, 10:36 PM
---Day 11---

Self-Analysis
I took today completely off, in all regards. No workout, no diet.. and I have to say that even though it was nice to eat crappy food and treats, while not working out at all... it isn't who I am anymore. This time last year, I would have eaten the same way, (which I guestamate approx 4000 cals today.. oops!) and not even thought about it.. but honestly, the gratification that comes from eating what I crave is so small compared to the gratification that I get when I work my ass off for a month straight and see results in the mirror anymore.

I also went to the Third Eye Blind concert here in Cleveland tonight, and it was a lot of fun.. they are a great band, and they said that they are coming out with their 4th album in 2008! :)

For fun, here's a factoid for you. This morning I weighed myself at 152.4. I just ate half of an oreo dessert pie, and I weighed myself at 156.4. Nice cheat day :D

I'm going to go ahead and call today my carb up day, and go low tomorrow again.

Schlot16
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM
---Day 12&13 --

Day 12 Self Analysis
The day after my cheat day I weighed myself in at 155.4 lbs, and my scale said 12% still (woohoo!) I ate rather clean and did HIIT cardio on my stationary bike in the basement for 15 minutes. Then a buddy of mine called me up to play some pick up ice hockey, so I got a nice 2 hours of skating in last night.

---Day 13---

Exercises
Lat Pull downs - 75lbs x's 10, 90x's 10, 105x's 5, 75 x's 12

Schlot16
07-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Sometimes, I just don't get it.

Like I said, Sunday morning I woke up from my cheat day, and I was 155.4, up from Saturday morning's weight of 152.4 - and I expected the bloating, so I wasn't mad. Especially because my scale still gave me a reading of 12% fat.. For whatever reason it has said 13% for the better part of the last 2 weeks, so seeing 12% through the weekend was fine by me.

Today I woke up, and the weight is getting closer to what it was on Saturday, as it usually takes me 2-3 days for my body to regulate the bloating of a cheat day. I was 153.2 today, and this time my scale didn't say 12, or 13.. but 14%.

Um... hold on a second, what?

This is coming after I did very intense HIIT training on Sunday morning, ate correctly all throughout the day, AND busted my ass playing hockey for 2 hours last night.. and you are telling me that I went up 2%?

This obviously leads me to believe that I'm at the point where that scale is just a mere ball-park guideline, because I look better today than I did this time last week.. but it is telling me that I am fatter than last week.

This also hurts my morale, because if this is how it is going to go, I don't think I can make it.. my goal is 10% by September, yet I am going the opposite way.. when I am eating right and busting my ass for 9 days straight, take 1 off, and i not only lose the progress i made, but went 2 giant steps backwards?

This is ridiculous.

Here is my two week comparison picture, have I seriously gone that much backwards? I thought I was looking better honestly. Any responses would be appreciated, as I am not in a good place with this right now.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1488/2weekfa3.jpg

MrSinister
07-30-2007, 05:44 PM
r u kidding..
u are definitely leaner! look how much tigher you are around the obliques especially compared to the left!
listen to this advice, STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO THE SCALE!
you've gotta understand scales are used to measured weight standing on them, nothing MORE.
they dont know your muscle composition, height e.t.c and there is no way at ALL they can give an accurate bodyfat reading, ignore it completely! dont ever look at it again please! :p
looks like the hiits paying off already

Schlot16
07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
r u kidding..
u are definitely leaner! look how much tigher you are around the obliques especially compared to the left!
listen to this advice, STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO THE SCALE!
you've gotta understand scales are used to measured weight standing on them, nothing MORE.
they dont know your muscle composition, height e.t.c and there is no way at ALL they can give an accurate bodyfat reading, ignore it completely! dont ever look at it again please! :p
looks like the hiits paying off already

Lol.. alright alright.. I'll try.. but that's not going to be easy.. I'll have to seriously take it from the bathroom and put it somewhere else for awhile.

I'm gaining weight and I'm eating under maintenance.. and I can't figure that one out for the life of me.

Cardio
Biked outside 5 Miles

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1620
Grams of Fat: 38.5
Grams of Protein: 182.5
Grams of Carbs: 112

Self-Analysis
Had a good day lifting wise, but like I said my morale was way low after that scale said what it did, but then again I'd rather go by pictures to determine if I am progressing or not I guess in the end.

Schlot16
07-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Day 14

Exercises
N/A

Cardio
-Biked outside 5 Miles
-HIIT: 15 Minutes

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1820
Grams of Fat: 50
Grams of Protein: 230
Grams of Carbs: 126

Self-Analysis
Woke up this morning and did my HIIT on the stationary bike.. felt pretty good with that. After that, I took the rest of the morning/afternoon off, and then decided to go for a bike ride outside after dinner, since it was 85 and sunny. Tomorrow I'll be making my monthly weigh in, and honestly July was a mess for me so I'm not too concerned on my Month vs Month progress.. as I'm at the point where going up in weight isn't necessarily a bad thing.

MrSinister
07-31-2007, 05:57 PM
hope u had a good breakfast before the hiit!
and yeah, dont worry about the weight.. go by the mirror.. how much longer you going to be doing this cut for anyway?

Schlot16
07-31-2007, 06:34 PM
hope u had a good breakfast before the hiit!
and yeah, dont worry about the weight.. go by the mirror.. how much longer you going to be doing this cut for anyway?

Lol, is 1800 calories a cut for me still? If it is, then thank god.. because 1300 was killing me. I don't know, I think I'll keep this up until I feel I have a solid base to build off of, then work my way up from there.. That won't be too hard, considering I'll be in college in a month anyway. (cringes at the thought of getting fat again)

Schlot16
08-01-2007, 05:15 PM
August 1, 2007
Day 15

Monthly Update
Weight: 152.4 lbs
Body Fat: 12.5%

Exercises
Bench Press - 135 x's 5, 145 x's 5, 155 x's 3
Lat Pull downs - 90lbs x's 10, 100x's 10, 110x's 5, 70 x's 15

Cardio

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1475
Grams of Fat: 53
Grams of Protein:177
Grams of Carbs: 57

Self-Analysis
Strong day of lifting, got my HIIT on the bike in this morning as well. I kept my carbs down under 60 grams, and ate my bodyweight + some in terms of grams of protein.

What I have been doing is eating 1300-1700 calories a day during the week, and on Saturdays eating whatever I want.. because even if I go off the deep end on Saturdays, I still am under the extra 3500 calories I would need to eat in order to gain 1 lb.. this way, I am throwing my metabolism off, and still burning fat during the week.. we'll see how it works out in the long haul I guess!

Schlot16
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
August 2, 2007
Day 16

Exercises
Abdominals:
-Weighted Crunches (50 reps)
-20 Leg Throws
-30 Seconds of Swimmer kicks

Cardio

Schlot16
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1470
Grams of Protein: 158
Grams of Carbs: 74

Self Analysis
Was really tired when I woke up this morning, and a bit sore. I thought about skipping out on the HIIT, but I've pretty much ingrained daily cardio into my everyday lifestyle.. so I went into the basement and churned out 15 minutes of intervals.

I also weighed myself today, and I was 151.4.. I'll keep a monitor on that and see if it keeps going down or not.. but after about 30 days of this so called 'routine' I am going to set new goals for the fall.. I'm guessing I am going to try to clean bulk a bit.. but we'll see how the girls react to my current physique before I go and put on muscle+fat during a bulk.

MrSinister
08-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1470
Grams of Protein: 158
Grams of Carbs: 74

Self Analysis
Was really tired when I woke up this morning, and a bit sore. I thought about skipping out on the HIIT, but I've pretty much ingrained daily cardio into my everyday lifestyle.. so I went into the basement and churned out 15 minutes of intervals.

I also weighed myself today, and I was 151.4.. I'll keep a monitor on that and see if it keeps going down or not.. but after about 30 days of this so called 'routine' I am going to set new goals for the fall.. I'm guessing I am going to try to clean bulk a bit.. but we'll see how the girls react to my current physique before I go and put on muscle+fat during a bulk.
do i see clean bulk, now you're getting sensible :D
lol forget what the girls think!

Schlot16
08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
do i see clean bulk, now you're getting sensible :D
lol forget what the girls think!

Haha, dude.. I am just getting used to not wearing 36 inch waist jeans (I wear 30's now, its a crazy feeling) I just remember being fat sucked. :(

MrSinister
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Haha, dude.. I am just getting used to not wearing 36 inch waist jeans (I wear 30's now, its a crazy feeling) I just remember being fat sucked. :(

i hear ya.. i been there too (was in 42s once) its nice to be lean but damn when i finished my last cut i just remember how much i want to put on more muscle, just the same as i'll feel when this cut ends.. its a never ending cycle but it keeps u motivated :)

Schlot16
08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
i hear ya.. i been there too (was in 42s once) its nice to be lean but damn when i finished my last cut i just remember how much i want to put on more muscle, just the same as i'll feel when this cut ends.. its a never ending cycle but it keeps u motivated :)

If I ever break into the 40's, I'll pay for you to come here and kill me.. no joke.

But yeah, I'm debating.. I want to either......

A)Maintain my weight, keep lifting.. see what kind of 'newb' gains I can make, and then once I hit a wall, start bulking..
or
B) start bulking, have no self-esteem, wear 36 inch waist pants..ugh, I cringe at that thought, but if it makes me a huge beast when I cut down next spring, it might be worth it.. besides, Ohio isn't exactly the nicest of weather during the Fall-Winter months lol..

Dilemma.

MrSinister
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
why u assuming your waist is going to go up so much? bulk clean and the fat gain will be small to nothing, its one of the worst misconceptions about bulking.. dont look at my picture for a good example as im not 100% clean (i like eating ;) but done more sensibly theres no reason you'll put on flab.. especially in your case where more muscle is only going to help you shred fat a lot easier..

Schlot16
08-02-2007, 08:19 PM
why u assuming your waist is going to go up so much? bulk clean and the fat gain will be small to nothing, its one of the worst misconceptions about bulking.. dont look at my picture for a good example as im not 100% clean (i like eating ;) but done more sensibly theres no reason you'll put on flab.. especially in your case where more muscle is only going to help you shred fat a lot easier..

Haha, you are huge though (not fat, no homo) - I'm relatively small compared to where I was prior to my fat loss. Had I known how to cut the 'correct' way, I probably wouldn't be sitting here with this decision between bulking or staying, but - you live and learn I guess..

I don't know, I'm considering my options right now.. so we'll see in time.

Schlot16
08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
August 3, 2007
Day 17

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 8
-145 x's 8
-155 x's 8!!!

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10
-75 x's 7!!

Tricep Extensions
50 x's 10
55 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-40 x's 10
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-50 x's 25
-50 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-90 x's 10
-105 x's 10
-120 x's 5!

**Weights listed are combined totals if dumb bells were used

MrSinister
08-03-2007, 09:33 PM
better looking weights session! nice stuff

Schlot16
08-03-2007, 10:57 PM
better looking weights session! nice stuff

Hah, thanks man. I ate quite a healthy breakfast prior to my lifting session, I think that helped.

Unfortunately for afterwards, I can't say the same for my nutritional values for the day.. I drank my PWO shake, but after that.. I proceeded to order a pizza, take it down, a few cookies, a pop tart, reeses peanut butter cups, you name it. I'd say I had about 5500 calories worth of food today. Consider that a carb up? I do. haha. :D

Its alright though, I'm not too mad with myself (my stomach was, however) - I'm just lifting and trying to keep a healthy diet for the most part right now, and if I lose fat from gaining muscle while I do that then awesome.. I'm not bulking per se, but i'm not necessarily cutting either.. more of a 'maintain' mode + lifting and cardio.. how does that sound for a short-term plan, Sinister?

MrSinister
08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
an ok compromise, just go a little more on the bulking side, cause imo if you're just maintaining then the rest of the world is going forward, meaning you're going backwards!
just suck it up and bulk, follow a good weights program, do your cardio but not too much, and eat a bit more... gain muscle and probably lose fat, win win :)

Schlot16
08-04-2007, 08:49 PM
an ok compromise, just go a little more on the bulking side, cause imo if you're just maintaining then the rest of the world is going forward, meaning you're going backwards!
just suck it up and bulk, follow a good weights program, do your cardio but not too much, and eat a bit more... gain muscle and probably lose fat, win win :)

Plus, more food for me. lol :D

This weekend has been horrible with food, wow..

Schlot16
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
August 4-5, 2007
Days 18,19

I took the weekend off of eating correctly, and I haven't done any lifting since Friday.. which is normal. I usually don't lift on the weekends (I will be when I am at University, but, for now I'm just relaxing and enjoying the rest of the summer weekends) - and I have also taken the weekend off of eating correctly.

I have been flip-flopping between wanting to try and cut the remaining fat and starting a bulk phase for the better part of a month, and the initial thought of gaining weight scared me. This is because I have always attributed weight gain to 'getting fatter' - because well, that was how it was for me in the past.

I know that this time around, a lot of the gain will be muscle, because I workout all the time.. when I used to gain weight, it was because I was eating more and not doing ANY exercise... now I'll be eating more and exercising.. so I'm not to worried about it.

Plus, if I feel I have gained more fat than muscle, I know how to cut correctly now, and that eases the fear I used to have. So, after this weekend, I will not be eating 1300-1400 calories a day in efforts to cut, but I'll up my intake to around maintenance.. and once my body gets used to taking in 2000-2300 a day again, I'll up it slowly until I start gaining about 1lb a week.. and we'll see where that takes me.

I just thought I'd update you all, in case you were wondering what my plans were.

Any suggestions, comments, or conerns are appreciated in this thread, so feel free to drop some of your opinions on me as I continue to try and build a better body.

MrSinister
08-05-2007, 10:54 PM
as you could guess, thumbs up from me :P
and as you know how to cut, always keep in mind that with more muscle mass cutting gets a lot easier/faster.. i dunno if i've bought this up or not but no1 shreds up like a pro bodybuilder and they hardly even do cardio, watch any pro they just do some LIGHT sessions, its their diet and the muscle mass it just eats fat up like nothing.

Schlot16
08-06-2007, 10:26 AM
as you could guess, thumbs up from me :P
and as you know how to cut, always keep in mind that with more muscle mass cutting gets a lot easier/faster.. i dunno if i've bought this up or not but no1 shreds up like a pro bodybuilder and they hardly even do cardio, watch any pro they just do some LIGHT sessions, its their diet and the muscle mass it just eats fat up like nothing.

Yeah yeah, I knew you'd like the sound of me bulking.. seems to be what everyone thinks if you are under 170 lbs haha!

I have a question for you though, I'm assuming you have bulked more than a few times, have you done it both clean and dirty? I've been reading that everyone says "eat the same, but more of it.. you'll put on minimal fat this way" - and I have read other things that say "either way, calories are calories.. it just depends on how healthy you want them to be" - so my question for you was - which way do you use/prefer?

Also, should I just start eating my maintenance (I think its 2300, not sure exactly) for a week, then increase slowly until I start seeing weight gain? Any help is appreciated.

Schlot16
08-06-2007, 10:27 AM
August 6, 2007
Day 20

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 5
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10
-75 x's 3

Tricep Extensions
55 x's 10
55 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-40 x's 10
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-50 x's 25
-50 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-90 x's 10
-105 x's 10
-120 x's 5
-75 x's 12

MrSinister
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah yeah, I knew you'd like the sound of me bulking.. seems to be what everyone thinks if you are under 170 lbs haha!

I have a question for you though, I'm assuming you have bulked more than a few times, have you done it both clean and dirty? I've been reading that everyone says "eat the same, but more of it.. you'll put on minimal fat this way" - and I have read other things that say "either way, calories are calories.. it just depends on how healthy you want them to be" - so my question for you was - which way do you use/prefer?

Also, should I just start eating my maintenance (I think its 2300, not sure exactly) for a week, then increase slowly until I start seeing weight gain? Any help is appreciated.

ive never done it as clean as i should hence how soft i get, im getting better each time around though. with the endo in me i gain fat real easy though i dont have much trouble losing it either..
thats literally how i do it though, pretty much eat the same foods only larger quantities, but course i also throw in more cheats than i should and hence it gets dirty :rolleyes: dont be this undiciplined and you'll be fine :)
and yeah i think going to maintenance and adjusting from there will be fine, u dont wanna increase too fast obviously.
nice weights session above too ^^^

Schlot16
08-06-2007, 08:54 PM
ive never done it as clean as i should hence how soft i get, im getting better each time around though. with the endo in me i gain fat real easy though i dont have much trouble losing it either..
thats literally how i do it though, pretty much eat the same foods only larger quantities, but course i also throw in more cheats than i should and hence it gets dirty :rolleyes: dont be this undiciplined and you'll be fine :)
and yeah i think going to maintenance and adjusting from there will be fine, u dont wanna increase too fast obviously.
nice weights session above too ^^^

Haha, see my problem is, I like good food.. therefore, I am more prone to eat stuff that isn't deemed 'clean.' - but I'll try my best to eat clean (at least 75-80% of the time)

Schlot16
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
August 7, 2007

:::Progress Picture Update:::
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2484/musclecomparison3bm4.jpg

Left Picture: 153 lbs
Right Picture: 156 lbs

What's the verdict here, gaining fat, muscle, both?

Schlot16
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Exercises
N/A

Cardio
HIIT-Biking for 15 Minutes

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 2040
Grams of Fat: 79
Grams of Protein:180
Grams of Carbs:153

Self-Analysis
Well, I took a progress picture this morning, and surprisingly enough, I can see a difference since I started working out (again) 3 weeks ago.. my shoulders and delts are starting to give my upper body that V look, which looks better than that block-ish physique I had been carrying around for awhile. My weight jumped from 151.4 on Friday to 156 after my cheat weekend, I'm not sure how permanent that weight is, but either way I would say I look alright at 156 if this is where I am at.

I did some HIIT cardio today, just because I hadn't done any cardio since last Thursday (whoops?) - and it felt good.. I went further than I ever have during the 15 minutes of intervals (4.6 miles) and burnt off 150 calories during the session alone.

I'll be keeping track of my weight this week, but will not make any significant changes to my diet based on the numbers.

MrSinister
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
yeah def looks like your shoulders have gotten bigger.. keep it up its working :)
nice hiit too, too bad u never knew about it sooner!

Schlot16
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah def looks like your shoulders have gotten bigger.. keep it up its working :)
nice hiit too, too bad u never knew about it sooner!

Thanks for the encouragement man.. appreciate it!

and this bike hiit has been a life-saver as my knee has been messed up for most of the summer.. pretty lame that i could tweak it by doing running sprints so easily.

Schlot16
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
August 8, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 8
-145 x's 8
-155 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10
-75 x's 7

Tricep Extensions
55 x's 10
55 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-40 x's 10
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-50 x's 25
-50 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-90 x's 10
-105 x's 10
-125 x's 5
-75 x's 15

Cardio
HIIT-Bike for 15 minutes

Schlot16
08-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1785
Grams of Fat: 54
Grams of Protein: 172
Grams of Carbs:160

Self-Analysis
Strong day of lifting, no progress with the weight, but the session was solid through and through.

MrSinister
08-08-2007, 11:42 PM
nice, but really every new session should be better than the last, whether it was a couple of more reps or more weight.. push yourself! :p
and do curls last, they are really out of place being done second and interrupt the tris/shoulders/pecs

Schlot16
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
nice, but really every new session should be better than the last, whether it was a couple of more reps or more weight.. push yourself! :p
and do curls last, they are really out of place being done second and interrupt the tris/shoulders/pecs

Actually I do my curls last, that list isn't the order that I do everything.

Schlot16
08-10-2007, 12:11 PM
August 10, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 8
-145 x's 8
-155 x's 8

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10
-75 x's 10

Tricep Extensions
55 x's 10
55 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-40 x's 10
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 7

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-50 x's 25
-50 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-90 x's 10
-105 x's 10
-120 x's 7
-135 x's 5
-75 x's 15

Schlot16
08-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, today my family and I had to go on a road trip for a wedding, and the only thing I had to eat today was dinner. We stopped at Arby's, and I ate a Bacon Cheddar Melt Sandwich, Curly Fries, and a Diet Coke..

my totals for today look something like this:
1140 calories
50 g fat
50 pro
120 carb

But, Thursday was a full-blown dirty eating day, I think I ate about 5000 calories on Thursday.. so, in the end I averaged about 3000 between Thursday and Friday. So far this week, I have averaged 2200 calories a day, which is an average of 100 below my so-called maintaining numbers.. we'll see how this plays out for me.

living
08-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Great progress man :D

Inspirational stuff.

Schlot16
08-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Great progress man :D

Inspirational stuff.

Thanks for the comment, I'm trying!

______

Just to update my journal here,

I got home this afternoon and I stepped on the scale to see what the damage was over the last few days, and it said 161 lbs.
I weighed 153.5 on Thursday morning, and like I said Thursday was a cheat day for me (I ate about 5000 calories) followed by Friday (1200) and Saturday I would say I put in about 3000, and today was approximately 2000-ish.

My average for the week was 2300 calories a day, which is what a lot of online calculators have projected my Maintenance intake to be (some say 2600, i say B/S) - and I hope that my body is just holding water from the salty foods i ate and such.

Even if my maintenance was lower than 2300- let's say 2000(which it isn't but for argument's sake), i still would have been less than a pound over for the week (2100 out of 3500) - so unless I am severely mistaken, my net weight right now should be 154-155 lbs, tops.

unless someone can correct that logic?

MrSinister
08-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the comment, I'm trying!

______

Just to update my journal here,

I got home this afternoon and I stepped on the scale to see what the damage was over the last few days, and it said 161 lbs.
I weighed 153.5 on Thursday morning, and like I said Thursday was a cheat day for me (I ate about 5000 calories) followed by Friday (1200) and Saturday I would say I put in about 3000, and today was approximately 2000-ish.

My average for the week was 2300 calories a day, which is what a lot of online calculators have projected my Maintenance intake to be (some say 2600, i say B/S) - and I hope that my body is just holding water from the salty foods i ate and such.

Even if my maintenance was lower than 2300- let's say 2000(which it isn't but for argument's sake), i still would have been less than a pound over for the week (2100 out of 3500) - so unless I am severely mistaken, my net weight right now should be 154-155 lbs, tops.

unless someone can correct that logic?
makes sense, the thing is though you take this stuff SOOO accurately! the truth is you really dont know your maintenance, noone does! they are a VERY rough guide and can never tell an individual whos body composition differs between everyone exactly what their maintenance is, maybe yours is, in real life, a bit higher than that calculated reading gives. Such is the price you pay when try to be so precise with a diet, thats why ppl just cut and bulk ;)

Schlot16
08-13-2007, 05:57 PM
makes sense, the thing is though you take this stuff SOOO accurately! the truth is you really dont know your maintenance, noone does! they are a VERY rough guide and can never tell an individual whos body composition differs between everyone exactly what their maintenance is, maybe yours is, in real life, a bit higher than that calculated reading gives. Such is the price you pay when try to be so precise with a diet, thats why ppl just cut and bulk ;)

Yeah, I know.. I read into things too much, but I was just trying to figure out if I seriously gained 5 pounds or if I am just lugging around water retention, that's all. :D

Schlot16
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
August 13, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 8
-145 x's 8
-155 x's 8

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10
-75 x's 5

Tricep Extensions
55 x's 10
55 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-90 x's 10
-105 x's 10
-120 x's 7
-135 x's 5
-75 x's 15

Cardio

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1430
Grams of Protein: 161
Grams of Carbs: 85

Self-Analysis
Was planning on increasing the bench press to 160 x's 3 today, but I must have tweaked something in my back on Friday, because it was giving me a hard time while I was benching this morning. I eliminated the set of shoulder raises with the two 20-lb free weights, and added a set of 10 with the 35-lb weights. I upped my forearm rolls weight and I increased repetitions for my lat-pull downs, and I am trying to work on getting my shoulder and back strength even with my chest.
i wasn't that hungry today, but I made sure I at least hit my ratio for protein.. I'll make up for the low day later this week.

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
::::Progress Picture::::
--4 Weeks into routine--

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5638/musclecomparison4vx5.jpg

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
^ nice weights session, hopefully your back pulls up ok and wasnt anything serious... def ready for 160, its only 5lbs! ;)
good to see you're gaining weight too

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 06:12 PM
^ nice weights session, hopefully your back pulls up ok and wasnt anything serious... def ready for 160, its only 5lbs! ;)
good to see you're gaining weight too

Yeah, I know I can pump 160 for at least 3, I was just pissed that I have something nagging me in my back while the bar is being lowered.. like it feels like a stupid muscle tweak, just enough to annoy me but it doesn't hinder my lifts.. so i'll just suck it up and do it tomorrow. :D

as for the rest of today...

Excercises
Abdominals - 50 weighted crunches

Cardio
HIIT-Bike 15 Min

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1840
Grams of Fat: 66
Grams of Protein: 172
Grams of Carbs: 158

Self Analysis
Basically a resting day, I felt wiped out from Monday's session honestly. I am about to do my HIIT cardio (8pm) and I'll be lucky to get through it (I will, I'm just dragging like mad today) - My energy levels were so low today, and after my chicken at 6 pm I was starving, so I whipped up a super-carb loaded thing of Oatmeal that I just ate a little bit ago -- Apple Cinnamon Cherios, Oats, Ovaltine, and Peanut Butter. Surprisingly it was very tasty, and it filled me up.

My weight was down to about 156.2 today, which means I'm still holding a bit of water but no big deal.. I should really be trying to gain weight right now, but as you can see, I've been reluctant to eat over maintenance.. 1830 is as close as i've been to it in awhile, and I'm still probably a few hundred below at that number.. I don't know but I am like deathly afraid of putting fat back on, especially after I just got rid of it.. I guess 18 years of being overweight does something to you psychologically :(

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
i know what its like i been there before too, but u gotta understand when u get some muscle your fat worries diminish rapidly.. ok, if u bulk now you wont be as ripped as you always wanna be YET, but when you gain a much better muscle mass base that u want the cutting will go heaps better and when you're leaner you'll have the muscle to show off too.
i'll show you my story.. i looked pretty similar to you when i started, this is AFTER i lost some weight towards the end of high school, early on and all through primary i was a chubby kid.. anyway here's me at the beginning
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36950&d=1052032242

then i bulked (dirty) this isn't the end result but about half way through
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=328337&d=1156462105
i got bigger but fatter than that in the end, but then after a cut i was real happy with how it turned out
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=351915&d=1165452747

build muscle base first, cut down to show off that base, be happy :)

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 06:42 PM
i know what its like i been there before too, but u gotta understand when u get some muscle your fat worries diminish rapidly.. ok, if u bulk now you wont be as ripped as you always wanna be YET, but when you gain a much better muscle mass base that u want the cutting will go heaps better and when you're leaner you'll have the muscle to show off too.
i'll show you my story.. i looked pretty similar to you when i started, this is AFTER i lost some weight towards the end of high school, early on and all through primary i was a chubby kid.. anyway here's me at the beginning
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36950&d=1052032242

then i bulked (dirty) this isn't the end result but about half way through
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=328337&d=1156462105
i got bigger but fatter than that in the end, but then after a cut i was real happy with how it turned out
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=351915&d=1165452747

build muscle base first, cut down to show off that base, be happy :)

Wow.. that's some good stuff there man! Ugh, I know that It'll be worth it, but it is just hard to get mentally prepared to gain fat I guess.. how clean did you eat would you say? 75% of the time? I might as well enjoy it while I'm going up.. but I don't want to just eat ****.. I was thinking if I kept myself to a routine 80% of the time that I could just take it easy on the weekends and stuff, which would be super easy to do in college..

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
not even 75! my diet was plain horrid i didnt know what i was doing! i was dumb as with it, i did eat a lot, just not the right stuff.. for an ecto or meso that might work, not for an endo!
a proper bulk u dont put on much fat, that bulk though was reeeal dirty with take away food 5-6 times a week.
eat the right amounts of food, keep it clean, and do some cardio (i never did cardio until i started cutting and i was so unfit at the time it was bad) and youll be fine!

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 06:53 PM
not even 75! my diet was plain horrid i didnt know what i was doing! i was dumb as with it, i did eat a lot, just not the right stuff.. for an ecto or meso that might work, not for an endo!
a proper bulk u dont put on much fat, that bulk though was reeeal dirty with take away food 5-6 times a week.
eat the right amounts of food, keep it clean, and do some cardio (i never did cardio until i started cutting and i was so unfit at the time it was bad) and youll be fine!

Haha, thanks again for the encouragement.. it's just going to be tough doing this while at college, trying to make impressions and stuff while looking like a blob.. :-\ but I guess when it is all said and done, I'll look damn good? lol

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Haha, thanks again for the encouragement.. it's just going to be tough doing this while at college, trying to make impressions and stuff while looking like a blob.. :-\ but I guess when it is all said and done, I'll look damn good? lol

dunno what college u go to but my schools we always wore clothes? :p no-ones gonna see ****, and just like anywhere u have your mix of thin, muscular, and fatter people... besides, you aint gonna look like a blob! i can tell u would look small in clothes (no offense, i mean opposed to a "blob" !)

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 07:18 PM
dunno what college u go to but my schools we always wore clothes? :p no-ones gonna see ****, and just like anywhere u have your mix of thin, muscular, and fatter people... besides, you aint gonna look like a blob! i can tell u would look small in clothes (no offense, i mean opposed to a "blob" !)

Haha, point taken.

And yeah, I don't look huge in clothes.. yet. lol.

that was the best cardio session ive had in awhile for the record, in 15 min i went 5 miles and burnt 160 cals

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Haha, point taken.

And yeah, I don't look huge in clothes.. yet. lol.

that was the best cardio session ive had in awhile for the record, in 15 min i went 5 miles and burnt 160 cals

nice work! dw about calories though... on the elliptical in my 15minutes i go a little over 2k (about 1.5miles?) and apparently burn 360cals! but thats cause i go on the harder levels and the sprints arent as quick, the readout is still bullsh|t though

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
nice work! dw about calories though... on the elliptical in my 15minutes i go a little over 2k (about 1.5miles?) and apparently burn 360cals! but thats cause i go on the harder levels and the sprints arent as quick, the readout is still bullsh|t though

Yeah, I know this.. but, those readings were higher than they have ever been - meaning the intensity was better.. so i'm happy about it.

Anyways, I'm planning on having a "Calorie Up" day like I usually do once a week, last week I hit about 5500 cals and I usually hope for around 5000.. since my eating has been so inconsistent (one day will be 1300, the next will be 2100..stupid!)

Sinister - how many cals do you think I should be taking in on a bulk? I have no idea what number to even start with.. 2500? 2800? 3000?

MrSinister
08-14-2007, 08:15 PM
tbh im not the best person for this as ive never really counted cals!
but if u go by them calculators your maintenance is about 2400 (i just put in your stats and got that number) so u want to end up eventually getting to around 2700 maybe 3k tops a day, but work your way up..they say up to 500 over is perfect for a clean bulk.
Slowly add a hundred calories a day or something for a few weeks until you end up around that target, easy as hell to add 100cals, just have a few teaspoons or PB or something.

Schlot16
08-14-2007, 08:40 PM
tbh im not the best person for this as ive never really counted cals!
but if u go by them calculators your maintenance is about 2400 (i just put in your stats and got that number) so u want to end up eventually getting to around 2700 maybe 3k tops a day, but work your way up..they say up to 500 over is perfect for a clean bulk.
Slowly add a hundred calories a day or something for a few weeks until you end up around that target, easy as hell to add 100cals, just have a few teaspoons or PB or something.

oh, i can easily add 100 calories, i just didn't want to add too much! lol.

thanks for the responses tonight as always you've been helpful and encouraging!

Schlot16
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
August 15, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 5
-145 x's 5
-160 x's 5**New High**

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Peck Fly
-60 x's 10
-60 x's 10

Lat Pull downs
-105 x's 10
-120 x's 10
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5**New High**

MrSinister
08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
strong sesh, nice pr's!

Schlot16
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
strong sesh, nice pr's!

Hey, thanks!

I put 160 on the bar and I decided I was going to do 5, and it was really not that difficult.. but it was nice to put up 160 while benching for the first time since my heavier days..

I also went up to 150 on lat pull downs for 5, my goal of evening out my back and chest is basically done! I didn't want to be one of those strong chest - weak back people.. which is why i've emphasized my back, shoulders, and lats more than my tricep, bicep and benching for the most part.. now that i'm almost all evened out, i'll be more prepared to start my bulk.

Schlot16
08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Cardio
N/A

Nutrition Summary
Calories: 1840
Grams of Fat: 48
Grams of Protein: 192
Grams of Carbs: 182

Self Analysis
Benched 160 for 5, Did 150 on lat pull-downs.. and ate decent today.. not getting enough calories for a bulk yet, but i'm starting to get mentally prepared for that. I think I will indulge tomorrow with a 'dirty calorie up' tomorrow.. i'm not 100% sure but if I do, it will be good :)

Schlot16
08-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I thought I'd post a quick update since I haven't for a few days.

Thursday I had approx 6000 calories and i went to Cedar Point with my dad on Friday so I didn't work out.. but I did go to the gym on Saturday and do cardio and both biceps and triceps.

The scale said 161 this morning and I'm starting to feel like I am getting fat. I'm sure its more of a mental thing but my mid-section is definitely a little more loose than i've been used to for the last few months.. I'm kinda worried about gaining more weight at this point.. :(

MrSinister
08-19-2007, 05:41 PM
well seriously 6k cals lol.. thats more than me when i was dirty bulking and i had 70lbs on you!
dont worry though its not fat, maybe just more water... and of course you are gonna feel bad at first when bulking up... keep it clean tho!

Schlot16
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
well seriously 6k cals lol.. thats more than me when i was dirty bulking and i had 70lbs on you!
dont worry though its not fat, maybe just more water... and of course you are gonna feel bad at first when bulking up... keep it clean tho!

I averaged 2600 a day this week even with 6000 on Thursday..

i feel so crappy i'm going to go bike.

MrSinister
08-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I averaged 2600 a day this week even with 6000 on Thursday..

i feel so crappy i'm going to go bike.

lol nice..
i had a big drinking night saturday (friends bday) i dont even wanna count what i had but i felt horrible the next day yet i forced myself to go do some cardio.. made me feel 100x better after it :D

Schlot16
08-19-2007, 06:54 PM
lol nice..
i had a big drinking night saturday (friends bday) i dont even wanna count what i had but i felt horrible the next day yet i forced myself to go do some cardio.. made me feel 100x better after it :D

Hah.. well, I just got done with that, and I'm thinking of going back down to 1700 until the scale levels back out in the 150's, or is that a dumb idea?

MrSinister
08-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Hah.. well, I just got done with that, and I'm thinking of going back down to 1700 until the scale levels back out in the 150's, or is that a dumb idea?

dumb :p
dont worry about the weight fluctuations, its only a scale.. work on getting that muscle coming!
if u wanna be safe, stick around 2300ish for now.. and slowly increase

Schlot16
08-19-2007, 07:13 PM
dumb :p
dont worry about the weight fluctuations, its only a scale.. work on getting that muscle coming!
if u wanna be safe, stick around 2300ish for now.. and slowly increase

Ugh.. for some reason I just feel like I'm getting huge. and not ripped huge.. I don't think the fact I am stressing about college is helping my frame of mind and my nutrition habits, either.

again I'm wishing that the weight is water retention because of how much i ate total this week, and because of the fact i had high sodium foods (pizza, chinese..) on Thursday and Friday.

I know my nutrition has been ****ty and I have no excuses, but I do know that I have a track record of eating when I am stressed.. I'm actually amazed that considering how stressed I am, that I am not eating more. (go willpower!)

I'll try and clean up my act here.. but I can't guarantee that I'll eat 100% clean.. but I am going to try. :-|

MrSinister
08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Ugh.. for some reason I just feel like I'm getting huge. and not ripped huge.. I don't think the fact I am stressing about college is helping my frame of mind and my nutrition habits, either.

again I'm wishing that the weight is water retention because of how much i ate total this week, and because of the fact i had high sodium foods (pizza, chinese..) on Thursday and Friday.

I know my nutrition has been ****ty and I have no excuses, but I do know that I have a track record of eating when I am stressed.. I'm actually amazed that considering how stressed I am, that I am not eating more. (go willpower!)

I'll try and clean up my act here.. but I can't guarantee that I'll eat 100% clean.. but I am going to try. :-|

remember also u dont put on fat that fast! u lose it slow and you put it on slow, so its not like you really fattened up at all, water if anything.. maybe muscle! muscle will show more weight on a scale than fat will.
and stop fretting over college, man up man :p even though having a good body can help, you gotta build up your confidence inside!

Schlot16
08-19-2007, 07:29 PM
remember also u dont put on fat that fast! u lose it slow and you put it on slow, so its not like you really fattened up at all, water if anything.. maybe muscle! muscle will show more weight on a scale than fat will.
and stop fretting over college, man up man :p even though having a good body can help, you gotta build up your confidence inside!

True man, true. I'm being a puss. It is really weird though, like I'm losing hair and stuff.. I want to be strong and lean, but I guess I have to get the strong part down first, then I'll worry about abs.. I feel bad for anyone who reads my journal I whine about this stuff constantly! I guess I'm the only one who feels like this when it comes to adding mass.

I have a question for whoever wants to answer it -- how much does a preacher curl bar weigh? I use one when I do my bicep curls, and I think my weight is off when I post in this journal. On Saturday I did my 3rd set with 35 lb plates on each side and I'm curious as to how much that bar weighs?

Schlot16
08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
August 20, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5 *new high*

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10

Tricep Extensions
60 x's 10
60 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-120 x's 10
-135 x's 7
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 2 *new high*

MrSinister
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
sweet pr's! 170 next on both pulldown and bench :)

depends on the bar, they vary in length and thickness but roughly the preacher weighs about 18-20lbs.

Schlot16
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, I do my bicep curls with the bar + 25 lbs on each side then the final set has 30 lbs on each side, so i'm doing 70 lb curls then 80 lb curls? sweet. lol.

Schlot16
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Cardio
N/A

Nutrition Summary
Cals - 1880
Grams-Fat - 60
Grams-Protein - 185
Grams-Carbs - 170

Self Analysis
Good day in the gym in my opinion. I pumped 165 for 5 on the bench, and turned around and did 165 on the lat pulldowns for 2.. so i'd say my back has caught up to my chest in terms of strength! :) Shoulder exercises are feeling easier with each session, which is amazing.. back in May I could barely do raises with the two 20-lb weights in my basement, now I'm doing 35's.

Hell, even my nutrition wasn't bad.. I did have to make a 500 cal thing of oatmeal at 10 pm so that I didn't under-eat today by too much, but I can't complain with the 185 grams of protein taken in today either.

Schlot16
08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
August 21, 2007

Exercises
N/A

Cardio
N/A

Nutrition Summary
Calories-1500
Grams,Fat - 41
Grams,Protein - 108
Grams,Carbs - 184

Self Analysis
Lazy day, I plan on doing some cardio tonight though.

MrSinister
08-21-2007, 06:42 PM
only 1500 cals ??? :o
i doubt u need to do cardio then

Schlot16
08-21-2007, 06:45 PM
lol, do you seriously want me to eat another 800? it's already almost 9 pm!

i'm behind on my protein, i need at least another 40-50 grams if i am going to get 1 lb/ bodyweight.. i guess i could make a chicken breast.

ugh, I just feel so crappy today for some reason, i didn't do any cardio and i probably shouldn't.

MrSinister
08-21-2007, 06:53 PM
ahh didnt realise the time, but still that is a tad low, i know we're not that similar physically but thats 1000 cals behind me on a cutting diet! :p
i seriously advise the chicken breast (tho im a veg :p ) u def need it :p
d/w about the cardio... you're over the deficits remember, time for lean muscle! you're gonna get the opposite effect with cals that low

Schlot16
08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
ahh didnt realise the time, but still that is a tad low, i know we're not that similar physically but thats 1000 cals behind me on a cutting diet! :p
i seriously advise the chicken breast (tho im a veg :p ) u def need it :p
d/w about the cardio... you're over the deficits remember, time for lean muscle! you're gonna get the opposite effect with cals that low

Alright, well.. I made myself a chicken breast and ate that..so new totals for the day:
1811cals, 44fat, 160pro, 188carb

I might eat something else just to get into the 2000's.. we'll see.

Schlot16
08-22-2007, 08:07 AM
August 22, 2007

:::Picture Comparison Update:::

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9560/musclecomparison5tr1.jpg
Left Picture: 153
Right Picture: 160

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7779/augyg9.jpg

7 lbs in 5 weeks, is that too quick of a gain rate? comments appreciated as well.

Schlot16
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
August 22, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-135 x's 5
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-65 x's 10
-65 x's 10

Tricep Extensions
60 x's 10
60 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-120 x's 5
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 5*high-reps*

Workout Summary
The extra set of benching really made me tired when it came to the 165 set.. I almost didn't get the last rep but I didn't want to look like a puss and get stuck.. it's kinda frightening when you hit that point and you don't have a spotter! lol. I managed to squeeze out 5 reps on the lat pull down at 165, but it is hard as hell to pull more something that weighs more than you like that. I feel good at the progress I've made over the last 5 weeks or so - my bench has gone up from 135 to 165 and my back has gone from barely being able to do 110 to 165 as well. My weight is up 6 lbs since the start, and I don't feel like as weak as I did at the start. I know I have a long way to go before my lifts are 'respectable' around here, but I'm working on it.. Oh yeah, being able to bench your weight is cool! :D

Schlot16
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories- 2080
Grams,Fat - 56
Grams,Protein - 197
Grams,Carbs - 196

Self Analysis
Good day all around, read the workout summary for info on this morning's session..my nutrition was better today, over 2000(yeah, I know.. only by 80.. but still! lol)Already pretty sore from the workout, but that's a good thing :D

MrSinister
08-22-2007, 09:55 PM
i like all that volume! good weights session!
7lbs in 5 is fine, great really.. lookin at the pics it doesnt look like any fats been gained, and i dunno if im trying to hard to notice but your shoulders look bigger.
btw dont worry about trying to impress ppl with numbers around here, just worry about the weights for your own progression... ive never used a spotter in my 4+ years lifting and i grow fine :)

Schlot16
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
i like all that volume! good weights session!
7lbs in 5 is fine, great really.. lookin at the pics it doesnt look like any fats been gained, and i dunno if im trying to hard to notice but your shoulders look bigger.
btw dont worry about trying to impress ppl with numbers around here, just worry about the weights for your own progression... ive never used a spotter in my 4+ years lifting and i grow fine :)

Well, as long as I'm not ballooning up I guess I'm doing something right! I think my back is definitely getting wider from the pull-downs, I don't take progress pictures of my back (not sure how i would honestly) but looking in the mirror it just looks wider.

I'm not trying to impress anyone really, I'm just trying to build myself a kick-ass base so that when I cut down to 8-12% fat, I look damn good. :D

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey everyone, I found a much better picture for the 5-week comparison, so here it is..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/MuscleComparison51.JPG

Critique and Comment if you'd like :D

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
August 23, 2007

Exercises
N/A

Cardio
N/A

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Nutrition Summary
Calories- 1940
Grams,Fat - 55
Grams,Carbs - 193
Grams, Protein - 170

Self-Analysis
Day off, took it easy and relaxed. :)

MrSinister
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
day offs are good.
i was meant to do one yesterday but still ended up going in to do cardio, especially cutting it just feels like such a waste... this is becoming a sickness :)

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
day offs are good.
i was meant to do one yesterday but still ended up going in to do cardio, especially cutting it just feels like such a waste... this is becoming a sickness :)

Haha, I hear you man.. I was the same way when I was dropping pounds left and right.. I probably won't eat clean this weekend, I'm leaving next Friday so this is my last weekend at home.. gotta enjoy the awesome food around while I can :D lol.

MrSinister
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Haha, I hear you man.. I was the same way when I was dropping pounds left and right.. I probably won't eat clean this weekend, I'm leaving next Friday so this is my last weekend at home.. gotta enjoy the awesome food around while I can :D lol.

so what happens.. (aussie here, have no idea)
do you guys go off to the college and live there? how long for? how do u eat? what stuff u got access to ?

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
so what happens.. (aussie here, have no idea)
do you guys go off to the college and live there? how long for? how do u eat? what stuff u got access to ?

Yep.. I leave my house to go to Ohio Univeristy for the Fall Quarter (Sept 1- Nov 21st I think) and I stay on campus in a dorm. I will have a small fridge and a microwave in my room, and I have access to the dining halls for whatever is being made that day.. I'm bringing tupperware containers in hopes that they have chicken, and I will take that with me and store it in the room (booyah!)

The nice thing about the school is the recreation center.. this thing is massive.. 4 floors of basically anything you need for sports/lifting.. so I'll basically live there (when I'm not in out..I mean, when i'm not in class :D)

MrSinister
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
rec centre sounds insane...
but it sounds like a prison :p

Schlot16
08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
rec centre sounds insane...
but it sounds like a prison :p

..I have the exact same feeling towards it..
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

MrSinister
08-23-2007, 11:29 PM
..I have the exact same feeling towards it..
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

can u just live at home and go to classes when needed or do u actually have to stay with them? thats how it is here.. im a 10min bike ride from my uni :D

Schlot16
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
can u just live at home and go to classes when needed or do u actually have to stay with them? thats how it is here.. im a 10min bike ride from my uni :D

You can commute from home if you wanted, but I live almost 4 hours away, but if you lived in the city or something I suppose you could do that!

Schlot16
08-24-2007, 10:34 AM
August 24, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-70 x's 10
-70 x's 10
-80 x's 10

Tricep Extensions
60 x's 10
60 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-120 x's 7
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Schlot16
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Alright, well I took the weekend off as always, enjoyed myself with some foods but I didn't gorge myself with 6000 calories both days, in fact I think I held myself to about 3000 Friday and Saturday, my week average is going to end up being under 2300, unless I rack up 1700 calories in the next 4 hours..

My weight fluctuated a lot the last 2 days thanks to salty foods, but at like 5 pm today I was back to about normal anyway.

This is my final week here at home, I'll be doing my weight sessions still (Mon,Wed,Friday) and then I leave Saturday morning for school.. I'm guessing I will change my routine so I can work out different muscle groups on different days, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a good week split?

MrSinister
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Alright, well I took the weekend off as always, enjoyed myself with some foods but I didn't gorge myself with 6000 calories both days, in fact I think I held myself to about 3000 Friday and Saturday, my week average is going to end up being under 2300, unless I rack up 1700 calories in the next 4 hours..

My weight fluctuated a lot the last 2 days thanks to salty foods, but at like 5 pm today I was back to about normal anyway.

This is my final week here at home, I'll be doing my weight sessions still (Mon,Wed,Friday) and then I leave Saturday morning for school.. I'm guessing I will change my routine so I can work out different muscle groups on different days, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a good week split?
let me know what days u got available and what equipment and ill write u up a quickie

Schlot16
08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
let me know what days u got available and what equipment and ill write u up a quickie

Right on man, that'd be awesome! Just curious what does your week split look like?

MrSinister
08-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Right on man, that'd be awesome! Just curious what does your week split look like?

currently its so basic... just your typical once a week split, i do something a bit more complex when i bulk up, but cutting its just simple. looks like this

1 back
2 chest
3 legs
4 cardio
5 shoulders
6 arms
7 cardio

lowish reps 5-6, as heavy as i can go. just trying to maintain strength.. the cardio days are really off days but i have a problem taking days off right now :/

Schlot16
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
August 27, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-70 x's 10
-70 x's 10
-80 x's 10

Tricep Extensions
65 x's 10
65 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-120 x's 7
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Schlot16
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Nutrition Summary
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8376/fitday82707wn7.png

Self-Analysis
Strong workout today, I increased my weight on my tricep extensions to a 65 lb weight.. I plan on keeping my bench at 165 through this week, I will start going heavier once I start lifting at school next week..

My weight this morning was 159.6, which techically is 1 lb lower than last monday.. but I suspect I was holding some water from a cheat when I weighed 160.6.. I'll probably end this month 159-160, which will be a 6-7 lb gain this month.

MrSinister
08-27-2007, 09:03 PM
we wanna see all these lifts balloon up when u get to the school and get serious :p

Schlot16
08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
we wanna see all these lifts balloon up when u get to the school and get serious :p

Haha, if I wasn't in such a limbo about this bulking I'm sure I would have made more progression than I already have.

every day i sit here and go, screw this, lets get some abs, and then i get pissed because i lost the only semi-abs i ever had in my entire life span.. and on the other hand im saying well lets get strong as **** then worry about the abs in a few months.. I dont know how you guys deal with knowing you are going to gain fat and look not as good while you are bulking..

that being said, I look like crap at the present time as it is, so who am I to be complaining about my structure.

MrSinister
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Haha, if I wasn't in such a limbo about this bulking I'm sure I would have made more progression than I already have.

every day i sit here and go, screw this, lets get some abs, and then i get pissed because i lost the only semi-abs i ever had in my entire life span.. and on the other hand im saying well lets get strong as **** then worry about the abs in a few months.. I dont know how you guys deal with knowing you are going to gain fat and look not as good while you are bulking..

that being said, I look like crap at the present time as it is, so who am I to be complaining about my structure.

bahhh i had "abs and obliques" when i finished my last cut but in the end i just though argh i want more muscle

Schlot16
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
bahhh i had "abs and obliques" when i finished my last cut but in the end i just though argh i want more muscle

haha.

Alright well today I didn't work out and so far I have had 2150 calories.. i feel like eating more but i'm not sure if i should.

Schlot16
08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
August 29, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-70 x's 10
-80 x's 10
-90 x's 4 *increased weight, new highs*

Tricep Extensions
65 x's 10
65 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Shoulder Shrugs
-170 x's 10
-170 x's 10 **new highs**

*Just a side note, since it is almost september first, and my overall plan has shifted since the beginning of this journal, I think I am going to be making a new Workout Journal.. should I put it in the workout journals section? I'll keep you guys posted, but it is mostly just Sinister that would need the heads up on this possible switch. lol.

Schlot16
08-29-2007, 10:55 AM
6 Week Pictures::

Alright, I dont know how often i'll get progress pictures up from here on out, I don't want to look like a d-bag at school taking pictures in the community bathroom lol..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/MuscleComparison6.JPG

Back Shot:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/Aug282.JPG

MrSinister
08-29-2007, 05:29 PM
August 29, 2007

Exercises

Bench Press
-145 x's 5
-155 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Bicep Curls
-70 x's 10
-80 x's 10
-90 x's 4 *increased weight, new highs*

Tricep Extensions
65 x's 10
65 x's 10

Shoulder Raises
-50 x's 10
-60 x's 10
-70 x's 10

Forearm Rolls
-55 x's 25
-55 x's 25

Lat Pull downs
-135 x's 5
-150 x's 5
-165 x's 5

Shoulder Shrugs
-170 x's 10
-170 x's 10 **new highs**

*Just a side note, since it is almost september first, and my overall plan has shifted since the beginning of this journal, I think I am going to be making a new Workout Journal.. should I put it in the workout journals section? I'll keep you guys posted, but it is mostly just Sinister that would need the heads up on this possible switch. lol.

lol i feel special :D ye put it in the workout journal section, you're not losing fat anymore and youll def get a few extra ppl to jump on board and give input. Nice weights too.

Schlot16
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
lol i feel special :D ye put it in the workout journal section, you're not losing fat anymore and youll def get a few extra ppl to jump on board and give input. Nice weights too.

Haha, you've been consistent with your input and it has helped me a ton, i owe you reps for life. lol.

My nutrition sucked ass today, my stomach has been a black hole today.. I'm probably up to 3000 calories and I'm still starving!

Schlot16
08-30-2007, 09:03 PM
wow guys, i don't know what is wrong with me but i've been eating semi decent half of the day then crap the rest.. definitely dirty days the last few, hopefully that settles out once i move in.

MrSinister
08-30-2007, 10:19 PM
wow guys, i don't know what is wrong with me but i've been eating semi decent half of the day then crap the rest.. definitely dirty days the last few, hopefully that settles out once i move in.

dicipline!
check out matthors cooking corner if u want more ideas for meals... funny as videos and some are pretty damn good recipes.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4231773

Schlot16
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
dicipline!
check out matthors cooking corner if u want more ideas for meals... funny as videos and some are pretty damn good recipes.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4231773

haha, yes i know. don't worry, i mean my calories were about the same.. just had pizza and stuff today, idiott. lol.

Schlot16
09-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to officially let everyone know that I will no longer be updating this thread, I have moved to the workout journal section.. good luck to everyone in the fat loss section, and don't be shy - stop by and say hello in my journal once and awhile!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4412773