PDA

View Full Version : Price of Prescription Growth Hormones???

hiimbored
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I made a post yesterday about wanting to get taller. I'm going to be going to the doctor in a few days and I was just wondering what the price of growth hormones could be? Also, are they injected, or pills, or what? If anybody knows any of this, please let me know. I would just like to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!

sicosico
11-28-2004, 07:51 PM
I made a post yesterday about wanting to get taller. I'm going to be going to the doctor in a few days and I was just wondering what the price of growth hormones could be? Also, are they injected, or pills, or what? If anybody knows any of this, please let me know. I would just like to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!
if you ahve insurance you'll be covered

Crizzle
11-28-2004, 08:19 PM
not necessarily. most insurance companies wont cover anything cosmetic. this, i believe, would be considered cosmetic, being that it is not a health related issue. however, if you are extraordinarily short for your age, insurance may cover a percentage of the medication, which is very expensive from what i hear....not sure on an exact price though.

neuron
11-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Your insurance will cover it. It's not cosmetic...lol

pogue
11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Only if you are deficient in GH. If you go into the doctor and say you want to be taller, I don't think there is much he can do for you.

neuron
11-29-2004, 06:40 PM
and then you enter the rhelm of the psychological. Being short can be psychologically traumatic, and therefore a reasonable health-risk - therefore covered by insurance.

scratch
11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Well, as for insurance coverage, I really can't help you there, because there are so many factors (indications, individual plan, copays, etc), but human growth hormone, or somatropin (generic drug name, just do a search under that to get brand names as they vary by country) is VERY EXPENSIVE, so get out that money tree, costs can range from $200-$2000 CDN/dose, and since our drug prices are controlled in Canada, they are much lower than in the US... some drugs that may cost $21 in Canada will cost $126 in the US. The dose is given daily, and it is an injection. Hope that helps!

Blakester
11-29-2004, 09:46 PM
I took Growth hormone for a little over 2 years. And have been off of it for probably a year. Our insurance covered it for us but we had to battle them for it. The cost of it was very steep but the insurance took care of it. Yes it is a shot once a day, doses range depending on your body weight at the time. over thoes 2 years i grew a little over 7 inches. Hope that helps!

drewkowsky
11-29-2004, 09:49 PM
no offense bro, but I cant figure out why you would want to subject yourself to growth hormone injections for fake height
ok it wouldnt be fake, but you know what I mean

of course I am fairly tall so I guess I cant talk

really_stupid
11-29-2004, 10:12 PM
You only live once, why live it being short! lol :D

drewkowsky
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
You only live once, why live it being short! lol :D
maybe he's a Hindu?

Desp
11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
maybe he's a Hindu?

rofl.

Anyway, I didn't know you could take something to make you grow taller... that's interesting... you could technicaly grow as much as you wanted, pending you continued you inject yourself... yes?

sicosico
11-29-2004, 10:31 PM
rofl.

Anyway, I didn't know you could take something to make you grow taller... that's interesting... you could technicaly grow as much as you wanted, pending you continued you inject yourself... yes?
no , excess gh will just add width and it only work during puberty or early teenage levels, I suggest you read up more

Desp
11-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Well I'm tall enough so I don't really care. Only add width, eh?