PDA

View Full Version : Is Hydroxycut still an amphetamine?

HardHat87
11-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I was told that some of the fat-loss supplements can come up in a drug test as amphetamine. I am wondering if this is still true due to the ban on ephedra. Your opinons are welcome
Thanks

Kharnal
11-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Ephedrine works in much the same way as an amphetamine, only to a lesser degree, so I suspect to be able to be picked up in a drug-test...simply because they are so sensitive. Heck, they even pick up poppy seeds as a morphine.

But hydroxycut doesn't contain ephedrine anymore, so it's a moot point.

Now, I am not an expert, so don't take my word for it. But I have wondered about the same thing myself....:D

Ryan Mez
11-26-2004, 03:38 PM
hell nah.. If it was id be snortin that **** everynight.

BuStEr-K
11-26-2004, 03:45 PM
i cant really answer your question but I can tell you ive had 2 drug tests in the last 3 months at my work both on days I had ephedrine HCL in my system, also the days before the drug tests I had ephedrine HCL in my system.. I passed the tests just fine..

Matt96teg
11-27-2004, 11:01 AM
When I worked for the state for a few months back I had a drug test and I was taking ephedra and I passed. No problem at all.

onshow
11-27-2004, 05:52 PM
it is very much dose dependant. you'd have to have a fair bit of ephedra in your system to pop up a positive test for amphetamines, but i am sure it is possible.

you shouldnt have an issue with the hydroxy's though as they aren't ephedra based anymore.