PDA

View Full Version : what does bodybuilder means to you?

freebsd
11-26-2004, 12:49 PM
---what's your definition of a bodybuilder?

BluSilver
11-27-2004, 04:18 AM
To me, a TRUE bodybuilder is someone who is pushing themselves not for aesthetic reasons, but to challenge him/herself and learn about life from bb's obstacles. A bber is a determined, motivated, hard worker.

Dark Phoenix
11-27-2004, 07:59 AM
A like what you said

I want to look good, I will admit that first thing. But I am pushing myself to the point of wanting to puke many times just to know that I can. Some people say I am obsessed, I call it dedication. To be bigger isn't something that I want to do, it is something I have to do in my mind; just to know I can

Also it menas to be a glutton

skelooth
11-27-2004, 08:14 AM
A bodybuilder is someone obsessed with their own body :)

But hey, there's nothing wrong with that ;)

Guztur
11-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Bodybuilder?
A person who never eats what he likes, but if he does - he regrets it for ages.
Sad but true.

Moreps
11-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Someone who competes.

RussG
11-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Someone that sets a goal for their body and does everything in their power to achieve it, coupled with a healthy and active lifestyle (have to exclude the anorexics setting goals and fitting into the definition ;))

Graphite
11-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Someone that sets a goal for their body and does everything in their power to achieve it, coupled with a healthy and active lifestyle (have to exclude the anorexics setting goals and fitting into the definition ;))

My exact definition too.

A.FreeRadical
11-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Someone who engages primarily in weight training activity who utilizes the most advanced knowledge about nutrition to acheive a physique equal to or better than the one he/she already has.

I don't think competing in formal competitions has anything to do with it. Although, I am sure competitors need to make a distinction. For that a "competitive bodybuilder" works for me.

Here is the Merriam Webster dictionary definition. It includes two definitions:

Main Entry: body·build·ing
Pronunciation: -"bil-di[ng]
Function: noun
: the developing of the body through exercise and diet; specifically : the developing of the physique for competitive exhibition
- body·build·er noun

aA.FreeRadical a

SeaHawk22
11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Someone who will do whatever it takes to improve their body.

ToBeOrNotToBe
11-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Someone who engages primarily in weight training activity who utilizes the most advanced knowledge about nutrition to acheive a physique equal to or better than the one he/she already has.

Best definition of BBer in this thread!