PDA

View Full Version : Maximuscle

cryton
07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, not sure if this is the right place, so sorry in advance if it isnt.

Im going to buy Whey Protein (Progain) from http://www.maximuscle.com/ and was wondering what the most popular flavour is. The Whey i have right now, is strawberry and is disgusting. Is it possible to actually get a good tasting shake?

PS - UK based company
Thanks.

b_r_o_w_n
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
to be honest, don't get maximuscle. im not sure on the stuff you are getting but maximuscle cyclone is about ?35-40 for only 10 days worth. not worth forking that out.

i recommended getting unflavoured whey protein from somewhere like myprotein.co.uk. cheap and extremely good quality.

but, if you are still going for the maximuscle, get banana or chocolate. strawberry tastes like bile.

cryton
07-13-2007, 05:09 PM
how does unflavoured taste? The one I have now is Strawberry and i can just about drink it, got in from Holland and Barrets and its stikin'! I was going to go with maximuscle because of how well advertised they seem to be in Uk.

b_r_o_w_n
07-14-2007, 09:53 AM
well with unflavoured, its best to add some fruit to it (especially banana). this way, you get the flavour plus all the nutrients and vitamins in banana.

Holland and Barrets suck to be honest. all their stuff is poo (not literally) and you are better getting it from a online retailer, for example myprotein.co.uk or creatinestore.co.uk (?). cheaper and better quality.

I was going to go with maximuscle because of how well advertised they seem to be in Uk

you have just basically answered the question of why they are so expensive. they advertise massively to make noobs think they are the best. not true. you can get everything in progain or cyclone for half the price if you look around.