PDA

View Full Version : post-post workout carbs

Mr. Gilmore
11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
is oatmeal good for post-post workout carbs? also, does anybody have some good suggestions on what carbs and other foods are good here?

bigpump23
11-23-2004, 08:40 AM
any complex carb would be good, oatmealt, brown rice, baked potateo

xxghostxx
11-23-2004, 08:58 AM

exactly, carbs are important, the debate to whether or not high or low gi are more optimal doesn't need to be started again, just make sure you are taking in carbohydrates!

e_burna
11-23-2004, 09:42 AM

I've heard that regular baked potato isn't all that good for you really, and you should stick to sweet potato's. Is this true?

uhockey
11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Yes, although white potatos really aren't THAT bad, sweet potatos have a preferable nutrient content and lower GI.

bigpump23
11-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, although white potatos really aren't THAT bad, sweet potatos have a preferable nutrient content and lower GI.
what he said, but baked is still very good

Mr. Gilmore
11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
thanks!!!!

xxghostxx
11-23-2004, 12:14 PM
exactly, carbs are important, the debate to whether or not high or low gi are more optimal doesn't need to be started again, just make sure you are taking in carbohydrates!

haha woops, a perfect shining example of my not reading the thread question well enough :) Any kind of complex carbohydrate is optimal like bigpump said, keep in mind a sweet potato or yam is of more benefit to you, but following a shake and your preworkout meal, a normal potatos glycemic index along with whatever protein or fat in this meal will be skewed by a considerable amount, they are still a fair source. My post post workout meal is always oats, yams, black beans, or the very recent ezekiel sandwhich, I try to make my post post carbohydrate intake equivalent to the preworkout intake, just a way to keep it nice and simple.

Sixpack
11-23-2004, 12:44 PM
This meal is very important a complex carb is a must , avoid the white potatoes etc and white rice, stick to whole grains etc

Melkor
11-23-2004, 02:59 PM
haha woops, a perfect shining example of my not reading the thread question well enough :) Any kind of complex carbohydrate is optimal like bigpump said, keep in mind a sweet potato or yam is of more benefit to you, but following a shake and your preworkout meal, a normal potatos glycemic index along with whatever protein or fat in this meal will be skewed by a considerable amount, they are still a fair source. My post post workout meal is always oats, yams, black beans, or the very recent ezekiel sandwhich, I try to make my post post carbohydrate intake equivalent to the preworkout intake, just a way to keep it nice and simple.
rofl...

At this point you want a complex carb and a slower digesting protein with little fat. Something like chicken and sweet potato. Any good complex carb will do, even if it's medium GI you'll still be fine.

taffer
11-23-2004, 04:36 PM
sweet potato is my favorite....and kangaroo, yum!

if you are taking in a big hit of dex post-workout, its always good to get some green vegies in too, just for more nutrient density :)

armz_ha
11-23-2004, 04:50 PM
is oatmeal good for post-post workout carbs? also, does anybody have some good suggestions on what carbs and other foods are good here?

good ones are oats, yams, potatoes, brown rice, or even bananas...

Rippd
11-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I use frosted mini wheats