PDA

View Full Version : kapalnfx's One Year Journey

kaplanfx
07-13-2007, 10:32 AM
This is the start of a journal in which I plan to set a series of short term goals which will ultimately lead me from my current 220 lbs and mid 20%'s body fat, to under 200 lbs and under 12% bodyfat by JULY 1, 2008.

More to come soon... (diet, exercise log, short term goals)

-kap

EDIT: This was supposed to go into the "logs" section, can a mod move it? Thanks.

Finnegan Bell
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I sent a request to Mods,good luck with ur journey

kaplanfx
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Hit the gym yesterday, still quite sore as last week was my first real set of workouts since January. I have a nagging shoulder injury which is holding up better than it had been, I'll be going to the doc on Friday to have it looked at once again. Workout was pretty good:

Bench Press - 4 sets
Triceps pushdown - 4 sets
Triceps extensions - 4 sets
Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 sets
Pectoral Flys (on flat bench) - 2 sets

Chest seems to be the toughest on my shoulder, I am slowly working the weights back up to my old levels.

Cardio: 30 mins ellipse machine (lvl 8), 10 minutes recumbent bike (lvl 10)

Diet was decent although I woke up around noon and didn't get in all my meals.

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop ONS weigh
Meal 2 - Turkey Burger
Meal 3 - Turkey Burger
Meal 4 - Chicken Breast, Sweet Potato

I'd normaly have veggies at each meal but I was all out and didn't show till last night.

My only sups are flax caps and a multi-vitamin

Going to hit the gym again tonight and run tomorrow morning

Current weight is 216lbs, bodyfat unknown but it's gotta be somewhere in the 20's. I am doing this to look better and feel better so I am less concerned with the numbers than some. I'll be going on look and feel as much as possible, but sometimes it's important to track statistics so I can adjust diet/exercise as necessary.

Any tips/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

-kap

kaplanfx
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Forgot to mention that I did cable crossovers yesterday too (x3 sets).

Diet has been good so far today:

Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop ons weigh
Meal 2: Half Chicken Breast (aprox 4 oz.), 1 cup broc****
Meal 3: Half Chicken Breast (aprox 4 oz.), 1 cup broc****

Also had 3 glasses of green tea and some flax caps. I plan on having two turkey burgers, a sweet potato, and 2 scoops of ons for the remainder of the day.

So I just calculated my calories and macros:

Looks like my calories will come out at 1700 (too low)
with Fat 48, carbs 91, and protein 219
That comes to a split of 61/25/13

I'd prefer maybe a 50/30/20 so this means I need too add about 300 calories of something healthy that is about 2/3 carbs and 1/3 fat as an additional meal. Any suggestions? should I just go for some another half cup of oatmeal with a few extra servings of flax per day?

-kap

cuda
07-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Forgot to mention that I did cable crossovers yesterday too (x3 sets).

Diet has been good so far today:

Meal 1: 5 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop ons weigh
Meal 2: Half Chicken Breast (aprox 4 oz.), 1 cup broc****
Meal 3: Half Chicken Breast (aprox 4 oz.), 1 cup broc****

Also had 3 glasses of green tea and some flax caps. I plan on having two turkey burgers, a sweet potato, and 2 scoops of ons for the remainder of the day.

So I just calculated my calories and macros:

Looks like my calories will come out at 1700 (too low)
with Fat 48, carbs 91, and protein 219
That comes to a split of 61/25/13

I'd prefer maybe a 50/30/20 so this means I need too add about 300 calories of something healthy that is about 2/3 carbs and 1/3 fat as an additional meal. Any suggestions? should I just go for some another half cup of oatmeal with a few extra servings of flax per day?

-kap

well 91 grams of carbs does seem low for a day

kaplanfx
07-16-2007, 06:11 PM
well 91 grams of carbs does seem low for a day

I'm thinking about adding a half cup of brown rice to the chicken meals. Also I didn't realize how fatty ground turkey is, I'm using the lean kind so I wonder if fitday's macros are a bit off. But yeah I'm def low on carbs and low on calories.

-kap

kaplanfx
07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Got my workout in last night:

Deadlifts - 4 Sets
Bent Over Rows - 4 Sets
Lat Pull-downs - 4 Sets
Seated Rows - 4 Sets
Bicep Curls - 3 Sets

30 mins ellipse machine, lvl 8

Still trying to work on shoring up the diet, I definitely did not eat enough yesterday. It's been a week and a half since I started and I think most of the water weight is gone. I lost about 8lbs so far, but I expect to lose 2-3 for the next 4 or 5 weeks.

I had planned to get up at 6 this morning and go for a run, I got up, but fell back asleep. I need to go to bed earlier (11 or so) and get up on time to get these runs in as I think I'll feel better all day.

-kap

kaplanfx
07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm getting into better shape already, I play in a softball league and last night was our final game. I was moving around pretty well and not nearly as out of breath as I had been in other games. Unfortunately seeing as it was the last game we went out to celebrate. I had three "lite" beers, which pretty much canceled out my calorie deficit in terms of diet. Alcohol is a weakness of mine, every time I have tried to stop completely that has been the thing that ultimately kills my lifestyle change. I end up drinking then convincing myself that since I broke my diet already I may as well pig out. Now I just promise myself that if I drink I won't eat anything and I will drink lots of water (1 glass per drink).

Also I had planned to cook after the game and I got home so late that I didn't get a chance to shop. This means today I've been forced to pick up food at work. I've been eating as healthy as possible.

eggs (4 whites 2 wholes) for breakfast with a piece of whole wheat toast. I got two grilled chicken breasts and a bunch of steamed veggies at the cafe in my building which I divided up into 3 meals which I have been eating throughout the day. Dinner will be fine as I will shop on my way home.

Going to hit the gym up tonight, I'll post my workout later.

-kap

P.S. keeping this journal is definitely an encouragement, even if no one were to read it I feel a sense of motivation from it.

kaplanfx
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Went shopping last night. I'm adding olives and brown rice to get more fats/carbs in my diet. Cooked all my food. Also I finally got my ass out of bed for a morning run today like I had been planning for two weeks to do on my off days. Still feeling good.

-kap

kaplanfx
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Just checking in, I'm still keeping up. The weekend was a little rough as I was at a mansion in the boonies for a wedding, no gym equipment and no way to prepare my own food.

Hit the gym last night:
Benchpress 4x
Cable Crossover 4x
Incline Dumbell 4x
Tricep pushdowns 4x
Tricep Extension 4x
30mins elipse machine

My diet was good yesterday as well, today I have:
6 whites 1 yolk + oatmeal (3/4 cup) + 1 scoop whey
5oz chicken + 1 cup broc****
5oz chicken + 1 cup broc****
2x 3oz turkey burger + sweet potato
2 scoop whey + 1/4 cup dry oats
9 flax caps + multivitamin

Gotta keep putting up my logs. I'm starting to track weight+reps for my workouts so I'll be posting those soon. Constantly trying to improve the diet, I think I need a bit more calories.

-kap

Hotmoltenlava
07-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice work!

I like that you are making this a year long project. You can make incredible changes in a year. Too many people think short term and are unhappy with their short term results.

Have a good one.

kaplanfx
08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Well I basically failed again, but I'm not giving up, I'll never give up. This time I've decided not to start off by cutting as it wears me down. I'm going to get in better shape then slowly lose the weight.

I've started a new thread in the more appropriate workout journals section:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109892391

-kap