PDA

View Full Version : Its time to kill the fat for good!

advancednoob87
07-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah its a lame name I know, but its true, I am going on a trip to Israel next summer, and I want to have a beach bod to show off. That gives a time frame, but in the long run I am doing this to live a healthier lifestyle. Genetics have something against me as I am prone to have diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, so I need to start now (I will be 20 on Sunday).

Last year I was able to get down to 225lbs from 280lbs for a little while, but due to mishandled stress I gained back all but about 15lbs. I want to lose it now for good and begin putting on muscle (another thing I am genetically prone to do). I hate to say it, but I am now the fat friend and the fat family member, and I want to change that. My father was a competitive bodybuilder for a while, and my mother was an aerobics instructor, and the both remain in great shape as did my sister, all my cousins and aunts and uncles, and I can tell their all worried about me in a loving way. SO ITS TIME!

Here is the diet I put together to get me in the swing of eating healthy:

Meal 1 (Around 6:30am)
3 Hardboiled Egg Whites (51 Calories)
Cup of Skim Milk (90 Calories)
One Slice of Whole Wheat Bread with a small amount of Peanut Butter(Around 125 Calories)
Protein Shake (210 Calories)

Meal 2 (Around (9:30am)
Protien Bar (180 Calories)

Meal 3 (Around Noon)
Chicken Over Spinach (130 Calories)
1 Apple (Around 75 Calories)
Peanut Butter on a Slice of Wheat Bread (200 Calories)
2 Whole Hard Boiled eggs (150 Calories)

Meal 4 (Around 4pm)
2oz Trail Mix (274 Calories)

Meal 5(Around 8pm)
Protien Shake (210 Calories)
2 Chicken Servings (260 Calories)
Small Salad with Fat Free Dressing (30 Calories)
Peanut Butter on a slice of whole wheat bread (150 Calories)
A piece or serving of fresh fruit (Around 50 Calories)

I also lift four or five days a week, go for walks quite frequently and do cardio on the days I dont lift.

So in the end of this long first post I would like to list my goals:

1.Get down to 200lbs. and a reasonable body fat percentage
2.Lose as little muscle as possible while losing fat
3.Look good for my trip in the spring
4.Start bulking after I hit my fat loss goals

-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
YES!!!! It was a tough day, but I made it through without temptation. My roommates made rice crispy treats and I was able to say NO. It felt super good. I also got to the gym and lifted chest and triceps. Overall a good day, now its all up to me. Well I will see how I hold up tomorrow my first day dieting at work.
-Geoffrey

ryan_knn
07-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Good job getting through the first day! It gets easier I suppose as you go along. Ive been tempted a few times and have given in on some but I try to keep it at a minimum. Anyways good job and keep working hard.

cawiau
07-11-2007, 08:31 PM
good job getting started.
Now you need to stick to it no matter what.

Wish you the best.

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 08:54 PM
good job, I look forward to following your progress!

advancednoob87
07-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the good word, I have completed yet another day of sticking to it. I now know I can do this. Tomorrow should be the same, except that dinner is my cheat meal, but I am gonna try to keep it healthy. I am already feeling a little more confident then I have in the past and I am pretty sure a girl actually smiled at me at work today. I feel great, and its only been two days, I am excited to see what happens in two months.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Another day gone by. I stuck with it all day and because every Friday I go over to the Rabbi's house for Shabbos dinner, that is my planned cheat meal. And as I figured I would do I ate, it felt good, but only because I have been good for the past few days. I so on to tomorrow, I am planning on eating my planned diet all day, but instead of the chicken for dinner I will have a small beef burger with no bun or anything else other then what I am supposed to. I live with roommates and although they understand my diet they are super skinny, and they will be making jalepeno poppers and other stuff for themselves. I am going to stay away from all that and stick to it.
-Geoffrey

Oh by the way the girl that smiled at me yesterday sat next to me on the shuttle to work and we talked for a bit, and today whenever she saw me at the office I recieved a big smile. Damn I feel good

advancednoob87
07-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Today was a rough day, I woke up and my stomach was bothering me so I couldn't eat breakfast. So I had my protein bar at about 9am and kept my diet for the rest of the day. For dinner I ate two small hamburgers between peices of onion rather then any roll, I also had my slice of whole wheat with peanut butter, fruit, and protein shake. Because I ate two burgers instead of one I made up for the lost calories at breakfast.

Tomorrow is going to be another tough one because its my birthday, but I am going to stick with it all day and maybe just maybe allow myself to have a LITTLE sushi with dinner. Then on Monday I am going to start with the HIIT and lifting again!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Yay today was my birthday, but damn I forgot my lunch and just ate lots of sushi. Well tomorrow is my day off, so I have got a sweet bike ride planned and I am going to eat super healthy. Then Tuesday will be my first official weigh in with no shoes and in the morning before I eat anything.
-Geoffrey

getula
07-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Happy Birthday man. Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow, I have too as well.

Stay healthy,
Getula.

advancednoob87
07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Well today went well. I went to the gym and lifted biceps and back, and did about 10 minutes of cardio. After that I went and did a short hike in the mountains to complete my cardio. I kept my diet all day although I woke up late so I had to compress some of the meals, is this bad? I ate them spread by about two hours. Tomorrow I got called in to work so my official weigh in will have to wait untill Wednesday. All considering I feel sort of crappy today, hopefully this will change tomorrow, but I know I messed up this weekend.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Today was a good one, worked all day, but stuck to my diet well and lifted and did half an hour of cardio. I am pretty excited to weigh in tomorrow whether good or bad I want to know where I stand.
-Geoffrey

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
good luck witht he weigh in!

advancednoob87
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Well I weighed myself wearing only boxers for the first time and I came in at 259lbs. I am pretty happy and I cant wait to see how I do in the next month!
-Geoffrey

krissymoo
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey, was reading your post, good luck :)
It gets easier... then it gets harder (in my experience). But don't worry, a meal gone bad is not the end of the world... not even 10 meals... you just get back up and do it again :)

advancednoob87
07-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks, it was easier, but it seems as if today and yesterday were really tough. So far today I am on top of my diet, but I have an overwhelming urge for a real turkey sandwich. I have been considering hopping over to subway and grabbing a 6" on wheat to appease my appetite and skip the bread and peanut butter with dinner. Yesterday was tough because my roomates went out and came back with loads of ice cream bars, but I managed through that. But what is really troubling me is the fact that everytime I smell something good or see someone eating something delicious I get cravings. I have held out thus far, but it is definately tough.
-Geoffrey

krissymoo
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
have a cheat day? cheat days are a good release... like if you have a craving... tell yourself "sunday... sunday... sunday" it does help :)

advancednoob87
07-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Okay one last update for the day. I was able to put off my cravings, instead I had a veggie burger with dinner it was an extra 90 calories, but worth it because it kept me from cheating. I went to the gym as well and did a nice workout of shoulders and abs and then a sweaty 30min on the bike. Good workout, and a great view from the excersize bike.
-Geoffrey

Oh yeah I have a cheat day, or a cheat meal, Friday nights I go over a local Rabbi's house for dinner and enjoy a great cheat meal.

krissymoo
07-19-2007, 12:31 AM
ah, i read that... sorry... i have an entire day... sometimes two... lol *blush*

advancednoob87
07-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Well a great start to a great day. I only had two eggs left so I ran out to pick some up. While at the store I saw avocados and decided it would be a great break from peanut butter so I got one to try and got 2.5 dozen eggs and a diet pepsi (I rarely drink soda, but I needed the caffiene). So I got back to my place and threw down on some eggs and a protein shake then I made a quick version of guacomole with the avocado and a bit of healthy salsa and spices. I had that on a slice of wheat rather then pb and it was an amazing change, and I figure if I eat all of it today it pretty much exactly replaces my peanut butter. I have been having a great time switching things up so it doesn't get monotonous. Like yesterday I had my peanut butter for lunch on the apple and the eggs on the bread just to change things up.
One thing I should mention is that I switched my second meal protien bar for a protein shake by Muscle-Tech, it has 45g of protein and 4 to 7 carbs depending on the flavor, they taste great and I can down them quickly at work which is the original reason for switching.
I have a good day planned, maybe go for a hike and definately hit the gym, I will update later!
-Geoffrey

One more note, eating healthy is expensive. As a nearly broke student it is tough, but I get by and still have some spare change to put in my mountain bike fund!

advancednoob87
07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Forgot I had a couple pics from last night, and since my bodyspace wont let me upload them here they are!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/ghr7891/DSCN0238.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/ghr7891/DSCN0240.jpg

Bod1ggity
07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Look like you are in the high 20%, possible 30%'s... bf wise. My recommendations are as follows

1. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. (25 minute sprint intervals)
2. Protein Shake immediatly after morning cardio
3. Good Complex carbs in the morning (steel cut oats or quinoa)
4. 6 meals a day, 3 hours apart with BCAA's in between each meal
5. weight training 3 days a week
6. No carbs after 3pm. (this is assuming you wake up at 7am and go to bed at 10pm)
7. 4oz of grapefruit juice with each meal.
8. Calculate your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) and consume 300-500 less calories than you burn each day.
9. Take in plenty of EFA's throughout the day, either in fish, olive oil, flaxseed oil...ect

djhath
07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
9. Take in plenty of EFA's throughout the day, either in fish, olive oil, flaxseed oil...ect

Excuse me for hijacking, but I'm curious as to how much is 'plenty' ... On my GNC Fish Body Oils 1000 container, it says to take 1-2 daily (I take 2). I've read of people who have taken 15g-20g per day.

advancednoob87
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Look like you are in the high 20%, possible 30%'s... bf wise. My recommendations are as follows

1. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. (25 minute sprint intervals)
2. Protein Shake immediatly after morning cardio
3. Good Complex carbs in the morning (steel cut oats or quinoa)
4. 6 meals a day, 3 hours apart with BCAA's in between each meal
5. weight training 3 days a week
6. No carbs after 3pm. (this is assuming you wake up at 7am and go to bed at 10pm)
7. 4oz of grapefruit juice with each meal.
8. Calculate your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) and consume 300-500 less calories than you burn each day.

Um, I will have trouble with a few of those. I go to work at 6am so working out before that is improbable. I follow a lot of those already, but I was wondering specifically about the grapefruit juice, it has a ton of sugar, what is the point
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Well another day done good and another end of the day report.

I stuck with eating clean all day. Substituting the avocado for peanut butter was a great decision and for dinner I had some steak it was amazing. I did a biceps and back workout, it was tough and really good. For cardio I rode my bike a couple miles to meet a buddy at a trailhead and we hiked for about forty minutes and then I rode a longer way back. It was super tough in the heat, but very fun. I feel super good and am confident I can finish this.

One question. I have noticed that I am definately building muscle, fast. Most or all of my weights have gone up and I notice they are getting bigger which is good, but does that mean I am not losing fat? I know the sticky said you can do both for about 6 months, but I have been lifting on and off for several year. What is going on. If it helps I have been known to put on muscle very quickly.
-Geoffrey

Bod1ggity
07-20-2007, 06:28 AM
Um, I will have trouble with a few of those. I go to work at 6am so working out before that is improbable. I follow a lot of those already, but I was wondering specifically about the grapefruit juice, it has a ton of sugar, what is the point
-Geoffrey

The sugar is fructose and has little or no effect on Blood sugar levels, similar to apples. Its also a high source in dietary fiber and low in calories. It lowers insulin levels which decreases fat storage and allows for you to burn more calories as energy.

advancednoob87
07-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Thats great to know, I will pick some up tomorrow!
Thanks

Well a quick update for the day. I did great all day at work and ate everything I was supposed to. Now after work I cheated, as I allow myself on Friday evenings. Although this week I cheated a bit more then last week, I had a Quiznos sub on wheat and my bread and avocado and then ate a small dinner at the rabbi's house. I felt like **** for cheating that, bad, but it was good in all because I learned that a cheat meal is not an excuse to go crazy. Tomorrow I am substituting my chicken and eggs in meal 3 with tuna because I was to lazy to cook tonight.

This brings me to my last point, I am feeling great. As I mentioned before my confidence has gone up as well as my general outlook. I am not nearly perfect, but getting better at talking to girls and even just peers.

-Geoffrey
A note is that I have been suffering from lack of sleep, it has been bothering me, and effecting my attitude, but less now that I am eating well and excersizing.

advancednoob87
07-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Another day gone by. Today was pretty good, but due to a lack of sleep I was not able to down my breakfast so I had a 230cal protein shake when I got to work and pushed all of my meals back a bit. Other then that I kept a great diet all day and felt good. I am going to get some good sleep tonight for tomorrow, but it still depresses me that I cant workout for three days a week. I am going to figure out a way to remedy this.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I was good all day and then... just kidding, I stuck to the diet including breakfast. It was a great day, and I am excited for my next weigh in. One mistake though, for some reason I thought I hadn't worked Biceps and Back for a while, but in reality that was my last workout on Thursday, so tomorrow is chest, triceps. Later on tonight, once the air cools down I am going to go for a decent walk because I wanted to do my cardio outside. I feel good once again and feel like this is going to happen!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
One more good day on the bill. I worked my chest and triceps and then for cardio I played tennis for around an hour it felt great. I am very excited for my weigh in on Wednesday, but in the bottom of my stomach thier is an inkling of doubt. For some reason I keep feeling like I am gaining weight, all my lifting weights have gone up and my body is definately changing, so maybe its just in my head, but I guess we'll see in a couple of days!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
The days are moving by really fast and I am really excited for my weigh in tomorrow morning, I got called in to work tomorrow, so I will have to run by the gym to use the scale early in the morning.

Today was good I worked all day and was pretty busy, it was nice, but I dont like the long hours and the drug testing (: and this week I am working almost every day. But I kept my diet and felt pretty good. After work I hit the gym and did shoulders, a little abs, and 25min on the excersize bike. It was a good workout and then after I ate a late dinner keeping my diet, but replacing the chicken with a peice of flank steak, it was delicious.

One question I have is how important is it to have the meal evenly spaced, I eat all five, but I cant always space them perfectly three hours apart, will this hinder me much?
-Geoffrey

I will be sure to update after the weigh in!

advancednoob87
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Well I had my weigh in this morning and weighed in at 257lbs, which was nice especially considering the strength gains I have put on in the last few weeks!

Well today has been rough so far I got called for a trip (I am a flyfishing guide) and I was walking this creek in the backcountry near Bigsky, Montana when my right boot fell apart. I was about quarter of a mile from the car and about five minutes into the trip. Like the idiot I am I decided to do the whole trip with one boot and one bare foot. I bruised the whole bottom of my foot and cut it in several places, but my clients had a good time. But it made for a stressful and painful day so I took it out on a footlong turkey sub on a wheat roll. It was bad, but oh so good, I am going to the gym later so I will update one more time tonight!
-Geoffrey

cawiau
07-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Well I had my weigh in this morning and weighed in at 257lbs, which was nice especially considering the strength gains I have put on in the last few weeks!

-Geoffrey

Good Job on dropping the 2 lbs!
Keep on going!

advancednoob87
07-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Just got back from my workout, I trained my back and biceps which is by far my favorite workout. After that I threw down on 25min on the bike and was literally soaked with sweat by the time I was done, it felt great. For dinner my roomates made chicken fajitas with no oil or anything bad at my request so I had some chicken it was a great change and it made up for my splurge for lunch today. I should probably also add that I started taking fish oil and a multivitamin several days ago. Well since I am working overtime this weekend there will be NO cheat day and I am keeping the diet until I decide I deserve another treat. I feel good!
-Geoffrey

cawiau
07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
good call on the no cheat ;)

advancednoob87
07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Lol, yeah I am going to hold off cheating as long as I can!

Well today was a good one, I was super busy at work so I had trouble timing my meals, but I still ate all of them. In the morning I couldn't stomach about half of my bread with peanut butter, but I ate everything on my diet for the rest of the day. One issue I have is that I need to drink more water, I am going to work hard on this for the next few days to get in the habit.

After work I ate dinner then hit the gym, and this is another area that needs work. On my next day off I am going to design a better workout plan, because today I tried a chest/tricep workout and realized I didn't give my muscles enough time to heal so that needs more work. I didnt have the energy to do cardio afterward, thats what a 12.5 hour day does to you!

Overall my day was good I am definately keeping the diet tomorrow, it really is becoming less of a diet and more like a routine. I remember all of my meals and am feeling the changes take place!
-Geoffrey

cawiau
07-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Another good day to add to the list.
We seem to have a common problem..meal timing.
No matter how hard I try to keep it 3 hours max appart I always fail.
Goes from eating lunch at 11 or 12 than next meal is all the way at 5 because I was stuck in a 2-3 different meetings all day or was all over the place.

So 5 end up eating 2 meals instead of 1 to make up or something.

I need to get a boring job where I just seat around so I could get my meals in regularly :D

Good luck and keep up the good work!

advancednoob87
07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree with you about the boring job, its terrible that I really cant time my meals right. I will be looking for a job in a few weeks, and I am definately going to take that into consideration.

Well today was okay, another tough one at work, but once again I stuck to my diet and pulled through. My timing was off, but everything else was good. Tomorrow, I will keep it once again and be great. I took today off from working out due to this ridiculous six day work week, it is really tiring me out.
-Geoffrey

cawiau
07-27-2007, 07:40 PM
good job again...
Just keep at it and everything will fall into place

advancednoob87
07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps. Oh and here is a picture I found of me a few years back when I was probably 285lbs.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/ghr7891/geoffquietlakecatch-2.jpg
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Okay, well, today was easy. Kept my diet well and was a bit better about the timing of my meals. Just looking at the picture above motivates me. I ate well, but had a somewhat depressing day. Work just is not going well, and I know I should probably keep this journal to the topic of fat loss, but all of the work stress is beginning to effect me. it helps me to keep the diet, but I find myself depressed more often and looking in the mirror and saying "hey fat ass" more often. Tonight I talked to my family thousands of miles away, and that made nothing easier. After dinner and the family talk I was so frustrated I just got out and ran. I only made it about ten minutes, but it definately eased my stress.
So a list of the bad:
- my ipod died today
- work troubles
- family troubles
- depression
- out of whey and cant get more until monday
The Good:
- I got out and ran
- Kept the diet
- Still motivated

Thanks for reading, I really mean it!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Today, was actually a good one, I kept the diet all day and now that my work week is over I can get rid of the stress that has dominated my last few posts. I have not done any cardio yet today and I dont know if I am going to. I feel pretty good, and am beginning to get excited for my weigh in on Wednesday. Tomorrow I am starting a new workout routine which I will post later. For now though I think I am on the right track.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Today was another pretty good one, its nice to be off work. I kept my diet...well mostly. I went with a friend I havn't seen in a while to this amazing burrito place that just reopened I have a bison burrito with beans and rice, it was amazing, and I dont feel very bad. I know now that I can control myself better then I ever could have a couple of weeks ago. I lifted back and biceps, and once the sun sets I will go do some cardio and update one last time for the night.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-30-2007, 10:17 PM
So I just got back from a nice long walk. It was enjoyable and now I am heading to bed. So the end of the day report is that it was a good one, and tomorrow will be a full diet day, although the timing of my meals will be off due to a fishing trip in the morning. I will update tomorrow, and then Wednesday is weigh in time!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
So today was great. I fished the whole morning, and although it messed my meal timing up, my spirits were boosted and I got some cardio in through hiking. I combined my 2nd and 3rd meal, but still ate evrything I was supposed to. I trained shoulders and abs pretty hard which also felt good,and I am thinking of starting yoga to boost my flexability. For more cardio I am going for a nice walk in a few minutes.

So finally I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow, and am hoping it will be another great day.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Weigh In!

I am down to about 254, it feels so good. I know there is probably a bit of muscle loss in that because its a lot of weight, but I must be doing something right YES!
I will update again later as I am starting some new stuff today!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Today was a good one, I went for a walk up in the mountains and lifted chest and triceps. I ate according to my diet perfectly all day, and enjoyed it. One thing that I did change up was that I added creatine to my diet. I took 5grams before my workout and definately felt a difference, now I plan on taking 5 grams on my workout days and 2.5 grams on my off days. I am willing to sacrifice weight loss, for muscle preservation with the same fat loss. I feel good, and my weigh in made me feel great so I am still motivated. I will update again tomorrow!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-02-2007, 07:48 PM
So after all of these easy days along came a hard one. I had a rough day, I ate all according to my diet, well until dinner when I went ape**** on a ton of beef, chicken, and Boca burgers that I had around the house. I had skipped my trail mix and was very hungry. I felt bad at first, but got over it and I still feel like I am progressing. I did not work out today, but I will tomorrow!
-Geoffrey

Hotmoltenlava
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Nice work. Keep it up!

cawiau
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
You are seriously kicking ass :D
No joke!

Keep up the good work!

advancednoob87
08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys, you guys happen to be doing great as well!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-03-2007, 10:44 PM
So today was easy, I kept the diet all day and it felt great, and then I ate my planned cheat meal as it is Friday night, and although it was not healthy it was somewhat clean, and as always very delicious. I have been having trouble taking in enough calories, for instance today I only was able to eat half of my trailmix, and this is a regular thing. I think when I get a few days off I will recreate my diet and make the meals more even and managable. It also helps that I will be able to get a new job soon. I am searching now, and I want a job where I will have time to workout and go to class, but that I can eat regularly when I need to.
No excersize today, gotta wait until Monday to get to the gym, but I may run tomorrow.
-Geoffrey

cawiau
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
good job on following the diet plan!!!
Keep at it bro!!

advancednoob87
08-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks! I have 10 months to look good, that means lose the fat and hopefully bulk a bit, I feel like I can do it!

Today was good, I kept to the diet once again until dinner, I was out of food at my place so I grabbed a bison burrito, this made up for me missing my 4th meal and my dinner. I then walked to the grocery store and got a peach to satisfy my sweet tooth. I also grabbed some more food so tomorrow will be a full on diet day. At first I felt bad about the burrito, but two cheat meals isnt that bad, not as bad as a whole cheat day. Once again I am working on a new diet plan and would LOVE some advice!
Thats it for today, and mark my word, on Monday I will kick the cardio truly into gear after having been lazy for so long!
-Geoffrey

Illuminatus
08-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Bro!

You can do this!!!

Back in 2002 I was 250 pounds at 6'2". I had a 46 inch waist!

1.5 years later, I was 187 lbs. and probably about 7.5% bodyfat... with a 32 inch waist!

And that was with only five months of serious lifting for the final five months.

If ya want... I'll PM ya the routine and diet I used. It's very brief.

advancednoob87
08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
That would be great, I love looking over routines and using those routines to contribute to my own and make it better.
-Geoffrey

new2lifting
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps. Oh and here is a picture I found of me a few years back when I was probably 285lbs.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/ghr7891/geoffquietlakecatch-2.jpg
-Geoffrey

damn, I wish I lived in Montana

I would be fishing every weekend

beautiful country out there

advancednoob87
08-05-2007, 06:44 PM
You are right about the beautiful country, but that picture was taken on a private lake in Connecticut. I am just in Montana for school, although I love it here.

So my update:
Today was a good one, I am working on a new diet based on a 40/40/20 split. It should be good, but I did keep my current diet for the whole day today. For dinner I got a pound of 99% lean ground turkey and made burgers. If anyone would like the recipe it is great, and I ate them without rolls or cheese. I worked out today, lifting biceps and back and then I did 25 minutes on the excersize bike I feel great. Once again my weigh in is coming up and that makes me a bit anxious, but we'll see. I am going to a birthday party tonight, but I will not eat anything or have any drinks. I will update again tomorrow!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-06-2007, 09:55 AM
So I have to be truthful and report on what happened last night. I went to the birthday party and ended up eating a piece of cake. The I got pulled into having a few drinks. After I left and walked back to my place I went slightly ape**** and ate everything I wanted in my apartment. I feel pretty bad, and I now know how I got fat in the first place. The cake was a trigger and brought back a hint of my old eating disorder. Well hindsight is 20/20 and now I am more motivated then ever. I will post again later.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
AHHHHH! Today is fallin apart already, not as bad as yesterday, but it seems as if my body is against me. I had my first and second meals and then my buddy talked me into going to get another burrito, ahhhh. I am going to finish the day strong, and then rethink my diet, and make the new one tonight and start it on Wednesday.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-06-2007, 08:08 PM
One more update today, I finished the day strong, adjusting what I ate on account of the burrito I ate. I worked my chest and triceps, and am going for a nice walk a bit later. I am taking a beginner yoga class tomorrow that I am very excited for.
I made the decision at the gym that I will not have another cheat other then my scheduled Friday night dinner (and I will keep that as healthy as I can) until I go below 240, and at that point I will decide whether I will allow myself one.
-Geoffrey

chrischap01
08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
good luck!

Give us a report on the yoga class, I am thinking of giving that a try soon.

cawiau
08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
One more update today, I finished the day strong, adjusting what I ate on account of the burrito I ate. I worked my chest and triceps, and am going for a nice walk a bit later. I am taking a beginner yoga class tomorrow that I am very excited for.
I made the decision at the gym that I will not have another cheat other then my scheduled Friday night dinner (and I will keep that as healthy as I can) until I go below 240, and at that point I will decide whether I will allow myself one.
-Geoffrey

Wishing you the best bro...and keepup the great job!!!
And you have been doing a good job on losing the weight?

advancednoob87
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I will know tomorrow how I am doing!

Well today was a good one, stuck to my diet and made some new healthy food while deciding how to rework my diet. I must say the tuna avocado mix is amazing, again just ask me if you would like the recipe. So here is my new diet, this is pretty much it, I will post all of the nutrition info tomorrow, but it looks good, and I think it will be a welcome change.

Meal 1
Eggs- 180 (w/ hormel bacon bits)
Wheat- 100
Avocado/Tuna- 215
Protein Shake- 210

Meal 2
Muscle Milk- 230 (costco has them for cheap so I can actually afford them)

Meal 3
Avocado/Tuna- 215
Wheat- 100
Eggs-150

Meal 4
Apple- 70
Trail Mix- 270

Meal 5
Avocado/Tuna- 215
Wheat- 100
Shake- 210

That comes out to 2240 calories, which should support my weight loss.

I went to a yoga class today and I have to say wow. It was a beginning class, but I left without the energy to lift, so i am putting the workout off until tomorrow. It was an hour session of stretching and breathing and I would highly recommend it to anyone, seriously, I felt like a doofus at first, but I am glad I got the nerve up to go.

This diet should be good, because I no longer have to buy chicken and beef, which was a major wallet killer, so I am looking forward to steping head first into this.
-Geoffrey

I am also thinking of giving the creatine a rest, I dont feel any diffeerent, so maybe I should wait until I have lost some more, any input?

advancednoob87
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Okay, so I killed the week. Between my randon splurges and not enough cardio, I didn't lose any weight. I Started my new diet today and am planning on kicking the cardio up a notch. I feel terrible and am ready to make this **** happen!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
The first day on the new plan went great, the increase in fat through the avocado and the muscle milk keeps me full for longer and I had no urge to cheat today. I lifted shoulders and worked my abs and then to kick off my new cardio regimen I hit a full 30min on the excesize bike. It was a good day overall, and I am excited to try and see how this diet goes at work, it should be fine, but timing is always tough for me. Even today I had to squeeze a couple meals together, I am still getting all of the calories though.
Well I watched one of my two motivating movies last night, Rocky, and I know I can do this!
-Geoffrey

stark6935
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Good work so far. If I get really hungry, and think I'm about to cheat and eat garbage I just make an enormous salad. I use fat free dressing, chicken, probably half a head of lettuce, and whatever other veggies I feel like eating on there. I figure if I kept the salad under 300 calories or so its not such a big deal. Plus, lettuce is like 80% water, so that way I know a lot of that will just come out of me in the days ahead.

I don't do this very often, but I think its a good way to keep yourself from eating a ton of junk. Keep up the effort.

advancednoob87
08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Thats a good idea, and what I have done in the past is eaten vegatables and other healthy food when I am hungry, but last week for some reason my body craved junk food.
Well that is over now and today was great I kept to the diet all day and ate everything neccesary. This diet is great and although it is high in fat I stay full for longer and feel fine. I went to the gym today and lifted back and biceps and did a full 30min. on the excersize bike. It was a great day.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Another day, and a great cheat meal. I as usual went to the Rabbi's house tonight for dinner and as usual I ate a ton, but now I am confident that I can keep the diet for a whole 'nother week before cheating again. And as I said earlier the only cheat I will be having until I am under 240 are these Friday night meals. I didn't work out today it was my off day, but tomorrow I am planning a long bike ride that will end in me watching the meteor shower at midnight on top of a mountain. Well thats it for today!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-11-2007, 07:03 PM
So today rocked, stuck to the diet and it felt great. My big bike ride for the day got pushed back until tomorrow, so I didn't work out today, but tomorrow I will go to the gym and do a good amount of cardio. I am going to a movie later and instead of getting any food I will be bringing a small amount of trail mix to keep me settled. So in all it was a great day and now that I have a couple days off it is time to excersize, eat healthy, and love the last days of summer.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I am super exhausted, so I will make this short. I ate weird today. I ate the same things as those on my diet just a little more and at akward times. I was sort of all over the place looking for a job so I took what I could get when I could get it. Although I did have time to sit down and read through a couple Men's Health magazines which are always motivational. I worked out, hit my chest and triceps, but didn't do any cardio. I am a bad boy :(
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-13-2007, 10:50 PM
So today was another good one. Stuck to the diet pretty much exactly, although I ate a chicken breast instead of some other stuff, but I should be around the same calories. I went fishing this morning and ended up hiking so I counted that as my cardio. I lifted shoulders and worked my abs at the gym. I also sat in the sauna for a few minutes. Tomorrow I will keep the diet again and prepare for my weigh in (praying for some loss) and I am going for a night hike, so that should be an adventure. Thats all for the day, just a note that I felt great today!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Today was a good one, I stuck with the diet for the most part, again switching out things as necessary. I did a rough 2mile hike this evening which got my heartrate up. This has got to be short, I am exhausted, but excited for my weigh in tomorrow! Also worked my biceps and back at the gym.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Quick update, I am 252lbs on the scale at the gym. But I am not excited, that scale is not accurate I know it. I went to the store and tried a bunch of scales their, and they all read between 251 and 254. I am thinking of buying a scale, or would it make more sense to invest in calipers?
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Okay, almost bed time, but first the end of the day report. So I am down to 252 that is pretty good, and I stuck with the diet perfectly all day. I didn't lift, but I did 30min on the excersize bike as well as sat for 10 or 15minutes in the sauna. I have shin splints so until I feel better I will be keeping the impact excersizes to a minimum. Well late so goodnight, but it was a good day!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Well another perfect day. I felt fat all day, like fatter then usual, but I ate according to the diet all day and it felt great. I went to the gym this evening and threw down on chest and triceps, and then I jumped on the excersize bike and cranked out a sweet 30 minutes. I am feeling a bit better now, but I was seriously depressed earlier and felt like crap. Well two more days at this job, then I start a new job where hopefully things will be a bit easier.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Well today was a truly terrible one, so this will be short. I kept to my diet all day except for my planned cheat meal tonight at the Rabbi's, so diet is not a problem. Didn't get to the gym as today is one of my off days, so that was fine as well.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Another day on the diet, and another day gone by. I am starting a new diet tomorrow, which is basically the same as my diet now except minus the avocado, I am going to try dropping the fat level down a bit. I am also adding a bit more protein so I stay full for longer. Um no cardio today, but I am going to the gym in the morning before I start my new job.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-20-2007, 11:06 PM
So sorry I missed yesterday, my internet was down, but now that its working again here is todays report. i worked all day which forced me to eat according to the diet all day, it was extremely clean and felt great. I got a tub of Syntha-6 protien for a before bed snack and that is great as well. Did not work out today, but once again I am excited to rock my biceps and back tomorrow. That is about all for now, great day though, be back tomorrow.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
So officially this week I weighed in at 249!!!!!!!!!!!! I broke 250 that is pretty big motivation and I am pretty excited to go all the way. My internet crapped out yesterday, but here is a brief recap. I ate according to the diet all day with some extra trail mix at night because I was really hungry, I also lifted back and biceps, but was bad and did no cardio.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-23-2007, 12:39 AM
So today was a rough one, and the next couple of days will be as well, school starts soon and my Aunt and Uncle are in town for a couple days, so I will be taking advantage of any good food I can eat before going back to strict control. I will still be working out even though I missed my workout today, and I will be showing them some nice easy hikes. I am pretty proud of breaking 250, so I am going to try as hard as possible to keep it that way, but this week is going to be a bit shakey.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-24-2007, 10:58 PM
So as of tomorrow the break is over, I will be back to the routine. I didn't do TOO bad over the past couple days, but I was far from perfect. I know I can do this and am ready to get back to the grind!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
It was a pretty good day, I ate well, but didn't work out. I am planning on resuming the workouts tomorrow morning. I am exhausted, but tomorrow I will post my workout routine as well as the way my diet is currently.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I am not doing so good. I ate perfectly today until tonight, when I gorged on trail mix. The worst part, I was not even hungry. I feel terrible. I am going to see my parents for the first time in 3 months at the end of September and I really want to look good. I have to concentrate on doing my best, I did go to the gym though and lifted chest and triceps, it was nice, I am definately maintaining my strength. College starts tomorrow, maybe class will be good motivation, lots of girls. Well here is my workout plan, its really not all that impressive.

Day 1:
Chest-
10x3 Bench Press
10x3 Incline Press
10x3 Machine Fly
Triceps-
10x3 Tricep Pushdowns
10x3 Reverse Pushdowns
Day 2:
Shoulders-
10x3 Behind the Neck Press
10x3 Dumbell Shoulder Press
Abs-
10x3 Weighted Crunches
Day 3:
Biceps-
10x3 Standing Dumbell Curls
10x3 Seated Preacher Curls
10x3 Barbell Curls
Back-
10x3 Machine Rows
10x3 Barbell Rows
10x3 Lower Back Extensions

That be it plus cardio added on to everyworkout
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Just a quick message because I am feeling very sick. I was not able to eat several hundred of my calories today due to nausea and a headache. I worked out when I felt well in the morning, did shoulders and abs. Good night.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Last night was rough, I am deathly afraid of puking (completely ridiculous I know) so I spent about 3 hours preventing myself from hurling. I dont know what made me sick, but it was terrible, but today I was fine. Although I didn't eat according to the diet, I ate extremely clean. There was one thing I wanted to cover in this entry due to my last weigh in of summer tomorrow and that is the extent and chance of me achieving my goals. I will list them below.

Goal 1- To live a healthier lifestyle and have full control over how I live my life (discipline!)

Goal 2- By the end of next May (to look good for beach and traveling) achieve a leaner form, I hate to say it this way, but I want to look good, I want to catch people staring at me, and not because of all the blubber surrounding my frame.

Goal 3- Higher self-esteem, I find mine slowely rising, but I still have not worked up the courage to talk to girls.

That about covers it, I really would like to get down to a lean 200 lbs by the end of winter (March) and bulk for a month then cut for summer.

Now I am just praying that I weigh in at under 250lbs this week even including the break because that was a big step for me last week. From the 240's the 230's seem much closer. I am working pretty hard, but enjoying myself at the same time. I know once I see the difference I will be hooked, but I havn't seen it yet.

Went to the gym today lifted back and biceps, it felt great, and since tomorrow is my off day I will definately hit up some cardio, and get the blood flowin. Well that about covers it for today.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-29-2007, 09:01 AM
So I weighed in this morning at 246!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels good to know that something I am doing is working. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get my bodyfat tested so I will know where I stand with that! This got me thinking, I am down 20lbs already, so what stopping me from hitting 225lbs by the beginning of winter, which is now my new short term goal!
-Geoffrey

MoNtreaLGirL
08-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Hello, I'm new on the site and I'm from Quebec in Canada and my main language is French so I'm sorry for the future mistakes in my text...

I don't have any weight to loose in theory but I want to be in a better shape and to decrase my % bf that is in the superior limit if my balance is good... I read you advancednoob87 (is that it??) and I think you do very well.. Its hard work to have a hot body but the hot body can be nothing to girls' eyes if you don't have the self esteem you,re working to have. BEsides you have to do it for you first and not to have the girls' attention. As a girl who reads you I think you will surely have some girl attention with time and increase of confidence.

I think we have to develop good habits too and not only a strict diet to maintain the good results long after the reach of our goals.. In my case, i'm not a fitness model nor a bodybuilder so I give myself a chance. When I skip a workout or have a not healthy meal I tell myself that at least I haven't abandoned my goals and I continue the good work the next day. I have learned in my case that too much rigidity leads me to eat more and be a couch potatoe.

I wish you good luck and I encourage you to continue the good work...

Simmon M
08-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Good luck with your goals bro. Looks like your on the right track. I know how it feels to go from the 260's to the 250's to the 240's and soon you'll be at the 230's. Feels awesome ... a personal monumental achievement. I started at the exact same weight as you - 265 back in March 07 and this morning (8/29) I finally hit 229!

We're all here with you for support ... keep at it. Even when you slip just lift yourself up and hit the cardio and weights strong! Good luck!!!

advancednoob87
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Thank you guys for the support, I really appreciate it. I was stupid today and splurged a little bit, I jumped on a bunch of trail mix once again, but it was not that bad, I probably ate around maitnance. I also played four hard games of raquetball. Tomorrow is back to the grind, I am getting my body fat measured in the morning, which I am a little nervous for, but I am a motivated person. This is going to happen, I can feel it!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
08-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Well I got my body fat tested, and it turned out to be 22% which is pretty exciting. It seems as if I am really not THAT far away. I know that there is hard work ahead, but I am not doing to bad. I calculated it out and this would mean my lean body mass is about 192lbs so any wishes of getting below 200lbs are dead, but I can hopefully achieve the low body fat percentage that I would like to one day obtain.

Well thats it for now, I will update again a bit later with the daily report.

advancednoob87
09-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Sorry I haven't been great at updating for the past couple days. I had some eating problems. I really went wild on the food, I have been enjoying myself too much, but today I put that to a stop. Some of you may have noticed my inconsistancy, and that is my biggest problem, and I am working very hard on solving it.
On a better note today was the perfect day, I ate lighter to compensate for the past couple days, and I did this workout a coworker recommended, it was awesome, I haven't felt that spent in years. It was a crazy shoulder/back ciruit followed by some bicep exersizes and some HIIT. I want to start hitting up some spinning classes on my off days, and keep doing this type of workout on lifting days.
This evening was good as well, I went to several parties, but managed not to drink anything. As usual the girls just sort of looked over me, but this is a problem that will be solved in the next year! Well thats whats good
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Well another day done well as far as diet goes. I ate pretty precisely accroding to my diet which was nice, but the day was not great overall. My stomach was killing me and I went to the bathroom avery 30minutes for the whole day, I really need to find out what caused this. I was cramped up and felt ****ty all day. What should I do to replenthish all of these lost liquids? Would Gatorade be good for this. I was not able to go to the gym today because of my stomach, but tomorrow I have another circuit training workout planned. Hopefully I will feel better or else I may have to go to the doctor, thats how bad I have been feeling.

Well on a nicer note here is a little picture of me today at the end of the day in a pair of shorts that were at one time snug.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/ghr7891/DSCN0294.jpg

Thats it for the day
-Geoffrey

swoljerboi
09-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice job man... I was at 232 a bout two years ago. Im at around 210 right now. I was at about 32 percent body fat now Im at a 23.9. Im pretty proud of it. Keep up the work and good luck to ya.

advancednoob87
09-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Nice dude, I am really looking forward to hitting those weights, 225 is my next goal, and then 200, although it depends what body fat % I have by then. I got measured at 22% so I am going to aim for 10% and then bulk until I hit about 15% then cut back to 10% and so on.

Well today was a good one, although in the morning I was still sick and was not able to workout. I ate clean all day and felt pretty good after I got some ko pectate lol. Just for those following me, my diets generally fall apart after a few days, but I make shift with different similar foods ie. if I should eat tuna I will eat chicken etc. Eventually I know I will really have to dial in my diet, but for now this seems to be working. I went for a 16min. run walk this evening just to get out and that made me realize how far I have to go.
Today was not the best feeling day, some days I feel like I am really making progress, but today was sort of a grind. I am excited to look in the mirror and see a new me, I am also excited for Wed. to see how those cheats earlier this week effected me!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Today was pretty good, I hit a hard circuit workout in the morning, but felt sort of weak throughout it. I ate very well all day and made it though temptations at lunch only eating one extra piece of wheat bread. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning before a spinning class I am hoping to live through. It should be great cardio and I love cycling so I am pretty excited. I am starting to get a bit impatient at the slow progress, but slow progress is better then none at all. Well I will update tomorrow after my weigh in and spin class!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Well I hit 244 today, ti felt sweet breaking 245 because now I am less than 20lbs from my short term goal, and I now that it is very possible to do between now and December 10th. I also decided that my ultimate goal with no time limit is to turn my body into a living breathing aphrodesiac, lol.

Well I will update tonight, but I am please with the progress, but am ready to hit the point where I can bulk!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Well a long day for sure, but I ate very clean and did good. I did 30 minutes of cardio on the excersize bike which was good, and I am planning on lifting tomorrow. My diet will change a bit after these next couple days, but it will still be very good, I promise ;) I am watching Pumping Iron now to get a little kick of motivation, but I feel pretty good physically.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Well I kept the diet all day until night came. My roomates grilled lamb, so I ate that, and then I dove into some trail mix. Then I found a package in my room that my grandparents sent me and I gorged on candy for a while then I went with a buddy of mine to a pita place and I had a pits. Damn I feel stuffed, and since the Rabbi is out of town for tomorrow there will be no cheat meal until next Friday so this replaced it. I am playing raquetball tomorrow, so I am going to take it hardcore to get rid of this gross night. I am reallly struggling to end this inconsistency, I want to get RIPPED so badly, I have never wanted anything this badly, yet I always fall apart in the face of challenge. I AM VOWING TO STOP!

I did hit the gym today, did a good whole body ciruit although I was a bit pressed for time.
Well thats it, I am motivated, but really need to work on self control!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-07-2007, 11:50 PM
This was the second day in a row I lost control. I kept it all day, then bamthe night comes along and college partying kills me. My buddy got a gift certificate to this pizza place, so we gorged ourselves then went around to parties. I am fine with parties, but the pizza killed me. I really have to stop this and well, here goes nothing. I am promising myself and rewarding myself. The plan is that if I can go below 240 by the end of this month, when I see my parents again for the first time since before I started I will reward myself with some non-food item that I would like. This means no more cheats save Friday night dinners, which I will make an effort to stay somewhat healthy.

I did play 4 games of raquetball today and I think this will be an every Friday thing which is good because I love raquetball. When I was walking back to my car from the court I saw two cute girls and one smiled at me and said "Hi" it really supprised me as I didn't know her. I know it really means nothing, but it is motivating to me.
Well thats it for the day, so wish me luck I will need it to stop this stupid cheating.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-09-2007, 12:02 AM
So this will be short. i have thrown away this whole week. I think my new ciruit lifting routine may not be right for me. I am going back to the old way and seeing how things work. I really f'ed up, these three days have been the biggest mistake since the start. I keep saying tomorrow, but this time I really mean it.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Heck yeah, finally a good day. Now its time to start killing it. I ate very well today, and although I didn't make it to the gym I feel pretty good. I am going to the gym tomorrow after work and I am planning on staying perfect with my diet until Friday night and then that will be the only cheat for a while.
Also even though it may slow down progress a bit I am going back to my old split lifting routine, but am adding cardio to the end of every workout.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Well tomorrow is the big weigh in. I am paraying that I did not gain that much weight. I cheated a bit last night, but today I was pretty good and tomorrow I am starting as new diet I created so the change up should help. I did do about 20min cardio today between walking and biking, I also lifted back and biceps yesterday. Tomorrow I am working for most of the day, but I am planning on hitting chest and triceps after work!
-Geoffrey

FrostFox
09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
You're doing good! If you find yourself cheating, you should be able to notice this and stop. If it's a forced cheat (family dinner, whatever) eat as little as possible and stay away from the unhealthy foods, drink water, etc.

You can hit 215 in 3 months if you do everything correctly.

advancednoob87
09-12-2007, 07:46 AM
215 in three months would be crazy! So cool though.
I was suprised at my weigh in this morning that I went down, a lot, well 241lbs it is. I thought the scale might be broken, but I recalibrated it back to zero like 4 times, but if it really was not working then I guess I will find out next week.
The couple days of cheating has become a trend and I really think its once my current diet gets old I lose motivation. So now I know when this happens I have to make a "new" diet or just switch things around so it feels new on my body.
-Geoffrey

Yeah I hate those forced cheats, their will be a few this week, but I feel good and know I can resist temptation!

advancednoob87
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
SO the scale at the gym may have been broken, so I went out today and bought my own scale. With the Jewish new year this week I have had a hard time sticking to any set diet, but on Saturday I should be back on track. I am sort of in a rush, but I will summarize the week on saturday, it was not a good one, but I am still motivated and ready to jump back on the bandwagon!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Sorry for my absence, my computer decided to stop connecting to the internet, so i am now sitting in the library.

Yesterday was great, my first real day back on track after the holidays. I know I gained at least a couple pounds back, plus the fact that the scale at the gym was definitely off. But yesterday was good and today was as well and I went to the gym and did a whole body split workout that had me dead by the end. I am looking forward to my weigh in this week to see where I stand after all this cheating, but I am honestly back and ready to do this right.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Okay sooooo... sorry about my absence, but my internet was down, and I was not able to get to the library for a couple days. But you should all know that my weigh in this morning put me at 245.1, so I did gain, but I am back on the wagon and ready to break 225lbs. by the time winter break rolls around! I will post a longer update later.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
So my first day back on track went very well. I just did 30minutes on the excersize bike to get me back in the groove. I was discouraged all day, but I really want this. I know it can turn my life completely around and that is what I want. I am still about 20lbs. down so now I just have 20 more to go before winter break. I feel so much bigger because of these last couple days, and I feel truly terrible. Tomorrow will be another perfect one, NO cheat, and I will either play raquetball or lift!
-Geoffrey

stark6935
09-20-2007, 11:14 PM
keep on trying man.

advancednoob87
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I am still in the game!

Perfect day today, I ate perfectly following a new diet plan. It really felt great, and aside from my vacation this weekend, I really dont see any pitfalls ahead. I am in a race with time to break 225lbs by the beginning of winter break and I know I can do it. Tomorrow is a workout day and I am really excited although I have been going to the gym lately!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Yay another perfect day with the exception of working out. I had to stay late at work then go to a school meeting so I was not able to hit the gym today, but I ate very well all day following my new plan except I missed the timing by a couple minutes for two meals. This bummed me a bit, but I am confident that this Thursdays weigh in is going to be okay. I am pretty excited to break 240 now that I am back in the swing of things.

I am flying to Minneapolis this weekend so that may not be the best dieting weekend, but after that I have at least one month that will be uninterupted weight loss. I will try to do well on my trip, but I will be running around all day so I dont know how well I will do.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Well once again it has been a while since I posted, but vacation is over and it is now the time to take the losing to the next level. I am updating from the Minneapolis airport, so tomorrow will be the start day for the new plan. During my huge layover now I am going to build a diet that I know I can keep and utilize to achieve my goals, the next being to break 225lbs before the beginning of my winter vacation (early January) this is totally possible, and I will weigh in Wednesday morning to see where I stand, that should give me enough time to get rid of all my gained water weight and see how far I am from my goal.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
09-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Well here is the diet as well as a recipe, of one of my favorite healthy dishes!

Foods/Recipes

Avocado Tuna Salad: 3 servings
1 Large Avocado
? Cup Hot Salsa
1 TSP Garlic (preferably fresh)
2 Cans Tuna
2 Dashes Chili Powder
Pinch Salt
1 TSP Lemon Juice

Mix all ingredients in a bowl mixing until smooth and the tuna is spread evenly throughout.

Meal 1
Around half an egg white carton (appx. 7 whites)
Banana
Cup Skim Milk
? cup egg protein (optional)
Two Fish Oil Caps

Meal 2
Serving Avocado Tuna salad
Apple

Meal 3
4oz Roasted Chicken no skin
Serving veggies
Two Fish Oil Caps

Meal 4
Few Almonds
Lean Protein of Choice

Meal 5
Other Half Egg Carton
Serving Veggies
Two Fish Oil Caps

After Workout
Fast absorbing protein shake
1 serving oats

-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
It was great to get back on track. I ate very well all day making sure to consume something at 2 to 3 hour intervals throughout the day. I did a cardio workout which was just 30min. medium intensity on the excersize bike. Tomorrow morning I will begin my circuit training again.

Well Now after wasting almost an entire month and packing back on a couple pounds (will find out how many on Wed.) I am confident and ready to make my winter goal!
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Well the official Wednesday weigh in is in and good, I am currently sitting at 242.9lbs not too bad, but not great either. I am really excited to break 240lbs and then from there I will only be 15lbs. from my next goal of 225lbs by the beginning of January (hopefully sooner).

Oh and yesterday was another pefect day I did my ciruit workout and ate very well. I will update again later today.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
10-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Well I am really back into this, another perfect day to add to the count! I feel great and am definately going all the way.

I did 30min on the excersize bike and even though I am lifting tomorrow I tried a max bench because a friend was at the gym and willing to spot. I did three reps of 200lbs. which is great considering my max bench was 185lbs at the beginning of the summer.

I will be sure to update tomorrow!
-Geoffrey

FrostFox
10-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Just keep at it. It takes about 30 to 60 "perfect" days to begin to see results, which is why so many people give up after one or two weeks. If you want to get shredded, you are looking at six months of "perfect" days. You can get there - it's up to you to decide whether or not you will do it.

advancednoob87
10-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks dude, although I must say I have seen a bit of change in the 20lbs I have lost, and although subtle I can tell by how I feel as to how well I am doing. I know I haven't posted in a few days so I will fill you guys in. On Friday I had my planned cheat meal, along with a beer. But Saturday was back to the grind and although I did not make it to the gym I ate great all day and prepared some of my food for the week. I am excited for my next weigh in, and am planning on eating perfectly until then and beyond. My motivation is through the roof.

It may just be me, but I have been catching girls staring at more then before, and when I was in Minnesota a hot bartender gave me a free drink! I am excited to see how things go when I hit my short term goal of 225lbs and then the final of less then 10% BF.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
So I have to be quick because my laptop is running out of batteries, but my official Wednesday weigh in is in and at a good 237.1lbs. I must have had some more water weight to go because I lost over 5lbs in the last week, but I have been eating pretty well so I am back on track in that sense. I will try to update as much as I can, but that can be tough.
-Geoffrey

advancednoob87
10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
So anyone who is following can check out my new progress pictures on bodyspace in the next hour. The last couple days have been good, yesterday was my cheat day for the week until after my next weigh in. I have a long term plan forming and this is what I currently have. I am playing intramural touch football, and although its a relatively noncompetitive event I am going to start doing sprints and excersizes more geared to the sport because I really like playing it! And after that and after Thanksgiving hopefully I will be under 230lbs. and then for the month of December I am going to do the velocity diet. I have been researching that and it seems perfect to get my discipline up and my body fat down for my trip to Florida in January and then depending on how I feel I will do a clean bulk!
-Geoffrey