PDA

View Full Version : Eating VS Shakes

elmcse
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
If this has been discusses, I am sorry. I searched but couldn't find my answer.

I am trying to eat 6-7 times a day, while at customers site I find it hard to take time to assemble and heat up chicken, tuna and rice etc...every 2.5 -3 hours.

Do you think it would be ok to add a few more Whey shakes / Met RX bars every day?

So my diet would look like this...

6AM 2 scoops whey, 1/2 C oats, 6-8 skim milk

9AM 1 scoop whey, 1/2 C oats, Nuts

12PM Chicken, wheat bread, nuts

3PM 1 scoop whey 1/2C oats

6PM Protein, Carbs, Fats

9PM Casein Shake

I try to stay @ 1900 - 2300 Calories perday close to 40/40/20

Does this look ok, or too little real food? Any suggestions?

kmkordvani23
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
If this has been discusses, I am sorry. I searched but couldn't find my answer.

I am trying to eat 6-7 times a day, while at customers site I find it hard to take time to assemble and heat up chicken, tuna and rice etc...every 2.5 -3 hours.

Do you think it would be ok to add a few more Whey shakes / Met RX bars every day?

So my diet would look like this...

6AM 2 scoops whey, 1/2 C oats, 6-8 skim milk

9AM 1 scoop whey, 1/2 C oats, Nuts

12PM Chicken, wheat bread, nuts

3PM 1 scoop whey 1/2C oats

6PM Protein, Carbs, Fats

9PM Casein Shake

I try to stay @ 1900 - 2300 Calories perday close to 40/40/20

Does this look ok, or too little real food? Any suggestions?

I mean i am time crunched between two jobs.. I barely have enough time to have 2 "real" meals a day. and when i do i cherish it :-) but i do basically the same thing you do

i have 4 shakes a day on lifting days
2 bars on lifting days
1 real lunch

and if im lucky a real breakfast...

elmcse
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks... anyone else have thoughts??!?

sarahchickfsu
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I think it looks fine as long as your macros stay in line.

jcrue11
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
The bars don't have the best ingredients, but are better than nothing I guess. Try finding an alternative to the bars, possiby make your own from one of the recipes off this forum.

pinkdelight
07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi, I have added 2 more shkes a day, as although eatting clean my weight stayed the same, and worked out I weren't having enough although I weren't hungry so now on 4 shakes a day so my body doesn't go in starvation mode agian, to get more fat loss! I am all for the shakes they are convenient

JIGSAW
07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
You could throw some weight gainer in there....thats what I do out here. Eating 3 times a day is nearly impossible....so a Cyto shake here and there makes up for, in a way.

RememberMe
07-12-2007, 03:08 AM
That's a tough question because some people really respond to shakes and can handle taking them in multiple times a day but If your going to have a lot of them id say do something like this...

meal1:food
meal2:whey
meal3:food
pwo:whey
meal5:food
bedtime:casein

That's probably a good bet. You wanna get at least half of your calories from actual food, The reason for this is because food has a thermogenic effect and liquids do not. If your looking to lose some weight its really important to incorporate as much food as you can because food causes the body to use energy and thus burn more calories and up your metabolism.

The Solution
07-12-2007, 03:19 AM
if ur going to incorporate so many shakes.. u will need a mutli vitamin bottom line..

u are getting literally no nutrtion from having so many shakes a day.. also dont rely on oats as ur sole carb source either.. try to vary it up if all possible

also if i were you.. why not bring some protein sources that are easy to carry.. cans of tuna/chicken

how about some hard boiled eggs? maybe some cut up turkey? its not very hard to bring some turkey in a baggie.. and pop it on some whole wheat bread and have a piece of fruit on the side is it?

make things simple and get some tupperware

RememberMe
07-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Get a big piece of tupperware and add the following ingredients.

2 Cans of Tuna
2 Cups of Whole Wheat Penny Pasta
2 Teaspoons of Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.

Bring a apple/banana in the bag with your tupperware.

Eat half of the tupperware with the banana, Next meal have the other half with the apple. Pretty simple huh? :)

elmcse
07-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks...I will try and mix it up.