PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Body Fat

covermyer
07-11-2007, 06:17 AM
I?ve slowly developed a shale i say passion for lifting. I currently go to the gym 7 days a week and love it. The thing i hate the most though is i feel all the lifting i do is not showing up. I really do need to drop about 3-4% body fat to see the definition that I want. I?m currently lifting 6 days a week with 2-3 days of interval running. If anyone has an suggestions as to what my next steps should be. One concern is that i don?t want to sacrifice my muscle gains by doing to much cardio to lose the body fat. Also I've contemplated taking things like hydroxycut hardcore or such just wondering what others think.

DD66
07-11-2007, 07:19 AM
I?ve slowly developed a shale i say passion for lifting. I currently go to the gym 7 days a week and love it. The thing i hate the most though is i feel all the lifting i do is not showing up. I really do need to drop about 3-4% body fat to see the definition that I want. I?m currently lifting 6 days a week with 2-3 days of interval running. If anyone has an suggestions as to what my next steps should be. One concern is that i don?t want to sacrifice my muscle gains by doing to much cardio to lose the body fat. Also I've contemplated taking things like hydroxycut hardcore or such just wondering what others think.

You Dont mention nutrition. 85% of how your body looks is nutrition. Learn how to eat correctly. Read up on Vince Gironda. I think its basic, simple and good.

m1k3g0rd
07-11-2007, 08:25 AM
I can't imagine needing to lose fat when you're 6' 1" & 180lbs?? Working out 7 days a week you're probably doing some serious overtraining. Slow down and give your muscles a chance to catch up and you'll probably start seeing that definition.

matth87
07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
im 6'1 i just started cutting last week went from 187 to 184.6 in a matter of like a week... when i hit 178-180 lbs ill be right where i want to be i think

Lotto20
07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
sounds like u might be overtraining.........try to lift 3 days a week mon.wed.fri then have 2 HIT sessions per week........eat a clean diet and youll see results....just be patient