PDA

View Full Version : hey SIXPACK... can u post your diet?

BreakOnThrough
11-15-2004, 01:24 PM
sixpack-- bro can u post your meals for the day and also your workout routines for each day?

thanks bro

oblivious
11-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I am a little curious myself...

BreakOnThrough
11-15-2004, 01:31 PM
dude's pretty big and cut up in the pic he posted in charlebois contest prep thread. more curious about the nutrition than liftin though.

uhockey
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Look at his Log under Derek's workout section BreakOnThrough.......you like to call other people out for not using the search option, use it.

BreakOnThrough
11-15-2004, 02:05 PM
dude quit bein annoying. how does a med student have so much free time to be on bb.com? shouldnt u be reading grays anatomy or harrisons principles of internal medicine, or the PDR?

uhockey
11-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Shouldn't you be training? You're so dedicated and hardcore.....also, Gray's anatomy is just a little bit outdated and the PDR is more useful for the general public than physicians.

xxghostxx
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
dude quit bein annoying.

Come on man, hockeys a great contributor to this forum..if you want annoying, search for a dude whom last week posted a question about eating a piece of feces if it contained complete proteins..

BreakOnThrough
11-15-2004, 02:33 PM
mm, ok thats humor. e

Sixpack
11-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Here is my log on Fitday what i eat everyday and yes alot of MRP protein powder and oats and veggies. That what I eat everyday and I love it
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Hagsaz

Geoff2010
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
damn! how can you survive on such a limited diet... do you not have time to prepare food, or do you just really enjoy what you eat?

I mean, don't get me wrong... Oats are my favorite carb source, but don't think i could do 12-1300 calories a day of Oats :)

LiL_JaY
11-15-2004, 06:10 PM
****t... i fought i ate heaps of oats, i eat 3 cups a day on workout days thats like 1000cals

Sixpack
11-15-2004, 06:18 PM
I could prepare more if I wanted to I actually enjoy what I eat, the oat are usually mixed with divinci sugar free syrup and BSL flavoring, I eat chicken , egg whites and from time to time fish, my only carb source is oats and veggies as I respond and feel the best taking these in, I get tired from eating rice, sweet potatoes etc. I am type 2 diabetic and I feel sluggish while eating anything too starchy like potatoes or rice , no fruit either. I feel good and love what i eat.

damn! how can you survive on such a limited diet... do you not have time to prepare food, or do you just really enjoy what you eat?

I mean, don't get me wrong... Oats are my favorite carb source, but don't think i could do 12-1300 calories a day of Oats :)

ironlung
11-15-2004, 06:48 PM
BSL Protein Blend (MPI) quanity 12??? Hmmmm..... Looks like a "sponsered" diet to me. Anyway, real food is ALWAYS better than any supplemental "products".

xxghostxx
11-15-2004, 06:54 PM
BSL Protein Blend (MPI) quanity 12??? Hmmmm..... Looks like a "sponsered" diet to me. Anyway, real food is ALWAYS better than any supplemental "products".

haha if you knew sixpack, i'd say it's more of a davinci sponsored diet considering all the oats he's taking in :)

ironlung
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
haha if you knew sixpack, i'd say it's more of a davinci sponsored diet considering all the oats he's taking in :)

sad.. truely sad...

Sixpack
11-15-2004, 07:20 PM
No sponsorship here guys I just love BSL and divinci, the BSL protein is a milk protein isolate,blend and used as MRP with oats during the day. I teach school all day and coach after school . I am a head BB coach. So with travel and preperation etc there is no way in hell I am eating what the girls want to eat after games lol. I pack my own meals and eat during school etc. On weekeneds I eat almost all whole food meals as I have time to. I am also a personal trainer at night etc. It works for me and BSL protein is a life saver. Do what works for you and stick with it. I wake up at 3am preworkout breakfast and get home at 630pm , in bed my 8

sad.. truely sad...

RipStone
11-15-2004, 08:24 PM

Sorry but is BSL+black star labs....and is it just a mrp? link?

ironlung
11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Sorry but is BSL+black star labs....and is it just a mrp? link?

Is it? Tell me, I was quoting, not you :rolleyes:

RipStone
11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Is it? Tell me, I was quoting, not you :rolleyes:

I dunno thats why I was asking if BSL=black star labs and wanted to know some info about the product Sixpack uses.

bam88
11-16-2004, 01:53 AM
Damn.. you're taking 13 servings of protein blend a day... I wish I had that kind of money, then i wouldn't have to eat so much chicken..lol

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Yes black star labs or protein customizer, and its cheaper then chicken when u really look at the price of chicken and protein. It works for me thats all that matters I could really care less what others think about it sorry, but it ain't broke don't fix it
Ripstone pm me bro I will give u a link . ITs a protein blend of milk protien isolate and whey isolate. Its to be used between meals . I mix it with oats for slower digetion its a great blend
Peace

kbickham
11-16-2004, 08:44 AM
Here is my log on Fitday what i eat everyday and yes alot of MRP protein powder and oats and veggies. That what I eat everyday and I love it
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Hagsaz

reading your fitness journal , looks like you droppd 30lbs in a couple days lol

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 08:55 AM
I update it on my lunch break

reading your fitness journal , looks like you droppd 30lbs in a couple days lol

Steve_W
11-16-2004, 09:11 AM
lol no he means the weight progress thing at the bottom of your public journal.

What probably happened was that he didn't use fitday for a long time and when he used it again his weight has changed alot so that'll explain the sudden drop.

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh yes that is it lol I sighed up a long time ago also etc. Steve bro I am trying to hit the 300 gram carbs mark bro u are making me look bad hitting over that easily lol , I wish I could have the fruit lol

lol no he means the weight progress thing at the bottom of your public journal.

What probably happened was that he didn't use fitday for a long time and when he used it again his weight has changed alot so that'll explain the sudden drop.

Steve_W
11-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Oh yes that is it lol I sighed up a long time ago also etc. Steve bro I am trying to hit the 300 gram carbs mark bro u are making me look bad hitting over that easily lol , I wish I could have the fruit lol

lol, I hit over 400 daily. :)

Personally I think you eat way too much protein, and could replace heaps of that with oats, or other carbs. Excess protein will just be converted to glucose anyway so why not just eat carbs, carbs taste good. I love carbs.

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Ya I have been playing with my ratios a little bit I still want to get at least 1.25 grams to 1.5 grams per pound

lol, I hit over 400 daily. :)

Personally I think you eat way too much protein, and could replace heaps of that with oats, or other carbs. Excess protein will just be converted to glucose anyway so why not just eat carbs, carbs taste good. I love carbs.

Steve_W
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Ya I have been playing with my ratios a little bit I still want to get at least 1.25 grams to 1.5 grams per pound

Rather get protein per LBM. Why feed the fat? :)

xxghostxx
11-16-2004, 11:59 AM
I wish I could have the fruit lol

Haha the two bananas and 4 Kiwi fruit a day augment my carbohydrate intake pretty descently, not to mention all the fricking oats!

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Well i am going to shoot for 1.25 grams per pound, about feeding the fat ? Maybe its been a long day lol, I will shoot for 1.75 grams per pound to 2 grams per pound of carbs

Rather get protein per LBM. Why feed the fat? :)

Steve_W
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Well i am going to shoot for 1.25 grams per pound, about feeding the fat ? Maybe its been a long day lol, I will shoot for 1.75 grams per pound to 2 grams per pound of carbs

LBM (Lean body mass). Your weight minus your fat. Otherwise known as FFM (Free fat mass).

Sixpack
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Yup gotcha it has been a long day teaching freshman PE lol

LBM (Lean body mass). Your weight minus your fat. Otherwise known as FFM (Free fat mass).

Liquid
11-18-2004, 01:31 PM
finally i found this thread, spent last 20 mins looking for it

anyway this is a post so i can find it easily later

The_New_Me
01-11-2005, 11:58 AM
so Steve are you saying that he should only be eating about a 1 gram of protein per pound of LBM.... not total weight?

Big_Spaz
01-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Steve,

I don't really know you and I respect your opinion, but man you are way off on this protein bit. I would say at least 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. Keep the carbs at about 1 gram. But that's just my opinion.

-Spaz

uhockey
01-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I hear something about gravel, rocks, and school floors..............

alan aragon
01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Steve,

I don't really know you and I respect your opinion, but man you are way off on this protein bit. I would say at least 1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day. Keep the carbs at about 1 gram. But that's just my opinion.carbs @ 1g/lb? dude, i eat that many carbs by noon.

here's my take on protein..

for the typical strength athlete or bodybuilder, the peer-reviewed research, most notably of which has been done by the protein godfather peter lemon, indicates 1.7g/kg as the upper limit of effectiveness. i've also read lemon stating an observed upper limit of 1.8g/kg in another review, & this comes out to 0.81g/lb. here's the medline link if you're interested in checking out the abstract of lemon's review:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=9841962

take note that little or no peer-reviewed research has been done on various levels of protein intake's influence on whole-body protein balance (ie, catabolism vs anabolism) in the following populations:

1) bodybuilders on anabolics/androgenics, in dieting or off-season phases
2) bodybuilders on creatine, in dieting or off-season phases

^^deductive reasoning, as well as many anecdotal empirics indicate the above 2 populations might benefit from more protein than the upper limits indicated by research. the question is, how much. this is yet to be determined by controlled trials, but i personally doubt more than 1.5g/lb (3.3g/kg) would be insufficient to cover even the needs of the above, especially if total caloric needs are met by the prot + the other macros.

i recommend that BBrs start with 0.6-0.7g/lb target weight, & graduate up from there as needed, or as plateaus arise. it's not the greatest thing health-wise to be chronically taking in more protein than you can use, when you could make the same gains with less.

xxghostxx
01-11-2005, 01:02 PM
carbs @ 1g/lb? dude, i eat that many carbs by noon.

I'm with you on that one for sure. As for my personal opinion of protein needs, 1.25-1.5g/per lb lean mass is my opinion of needs for a bodybuilder. I've gone above this and didn't see much benefit from it.

Sixpack
01-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I am at a 40-40-20 diet right now i can post my new diet if u wish bro I am bulking lean of course about 35-3600 cals

I'm with you on that one for sure. As for my personal opinion of protein needs, 1.25-1.5g/per lb lean mass is my opinion of needs for a bodybuilder. I've gone above this and didn't see much benefit from it.

Steve_W
01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I am at a 40-40-20 diet right now i can post my new diet if u wish bro I am bulking lean of course about 35-3600 cals

Considering you're a trainer, teacher etc you of all people should know that ratios are not important.

Sixpack
01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
They are not IMO its just how it turned out to be bro I don't figure it out etc I just looked at my fitday journal etc I have been getting pm's up the ass on this, Ratrios are not big deal to me, GOOD quality food and carbs and protein fat at each meal besides pre and post WO are

Considering you're a trainer, teacher etc you of all people should know that ratios are not important.

Makeupmonsterdo
01-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Happy Birthday, Sixpack!

Maximum6
01-11-2005, 07:27 PM

ahhaha

this has to be the 5th post i've seen that you are picking of sixpack lol :D

anyway...i say if a meal is balanced.....it will usually come down to 40-40-20 ...

Sixpack
01-11-2005, 08:43 PM
I think my pics speak for themselves , macros do matter up to a certain point u have to have balance hehe

dressagerulz23
01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
carbs @ 1g/lb? dude, i eat that many carbs by noon.

here's my take on protein..

for the typical strength athlete or bodybuilder, the peer-reviewed research, most notably of which has been done by the protein godfather peter lemon, indicates 1.7g/kg as the upper limit of effectiveness. i've also read lemon stating an observed upper limit of 1.8g/kg in another review, & this comes out to 0.81g/lb. here's the medline link if you're interested in checking out the abstract of lemon's review:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=9841962

take note that little or no peer-reviewed research has been done on various levels of protein intake's influence on whole-body protein balance (ie, catabolism vs anabolism) in the following populations:

1) bodybuilders on anabolics/androgenics, in dieting or off-season phases
2) bodybuilders on creatine, in dieting or off-season phases

^^deductive reasoning, as well as many anecdotal empirics indicate the above 2 populations might benefit from more protein than the upper limits indicated by research. the question is, how much. this is yet to be determined by controlled trials, but i personally doubt more than 1.5g/lb (3.3g/kg) would be insufficient to cover even the needs of the above, especially if total caloric needs are met by the prot + the other macros.

i recommend that BBrs start with 0.6-0.7g/lb target weight, & graduate up from there as needed, or as plateaus arise. it's not the greatest thing health-wise to be chronically taking in more protein than you can use, when you could make the same gains with less.crap! i eat like 1.8g protein/lb of lean body mass/day :eek: guess i should cut back... but even cutting back to 1.5g/lb lean body mass, will put my protein intake at under 28%, which seems real low :confused:

Kurz
01-12-2005, 06:15 AM
I think my pics speak for themselves , macros do matter up to a certain point u have to have balance hehe
bro - not a flame, but your pics really dont speak for themselves on this issue.......seriously, you are in good shape, but you have the same physique as many in their early 20's............it's a good physique, but common and I hate to say it, but many of the dudes I see dont care nearly as much as you do nor do they train as hard nor do they eat as strict.............point being, with your desire and dedidcation ,you should go for the gold bro.....try and add 20lbs to that frame at least......you got the genetics...........remeber, this wasnt meant to be rude, it's constructive critisim.........

Sixpack
01-12-2005, 07:14 AM
LOL na bro I don't have good genetics believe me I was a college athlete I worked my ass off in the offseason running hills,sprints etc. I am working on the 20 pound thing bro eating 3600cals per day upping my carbs and getting 1.5gs of protein per pound, and about 2gs carbs per pound trying at least.. My diet has changed for the better. Its always strict but at least I have a variety now and its helped me so much with energy,mentally and physically. I take pride in working out etc, without athletics anymore this is what I work for and its fun

bro - not a flame, but your pics really dont speak for themselves on this issue.......seriously, you are in good shape, but you have the same physique as many in their early 20's............it's a good physique, but common and I hate to say it, but many of the dudes I see dont care nearly as much as you do nor do they train as hard nor do they eat as strict.............point being, with your desire and dedidcation ,you should go for the gold bro.....try and add 20lbs to that frame at least......you got the genetics...........remeber, this wasnt meant to be rude, it's constructive critisim.........

Kurz
01-12-2005, 09:33 AM
LOL na bro I don't have good genetics believe me I was a college athlete I worked my ass off in the offseason running hills,sprints etc. I am working on the 20 pound thing bro eating 3600cals per day upping my carbs and getting 1.5gs of protein per pound, and about 2gs carbs per pound trying at least.. My diet has changed for the better. Its always strict but at least I have a variety now and its helped me so much with energy,mentally and physically. I take pride in working out etc, without athletics anymore this is what I work for and its fun
props bro..Im in the same boat..........I need to learn to listen to what I preach!

pete35887
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
props bro..Im in the same boat..........I need to learn to listen to what I preach!

i hear ya man...lol i think we all do

and if i were to to mix a weight gainer shake in the moring and drink it for lunch or somewhere around there, it would be cool right, what im getting at is that protien shakes aren't like creatine and start turns to waste when it hits liquid or anything right. I thought i might have read something about that before but i don't think so.