PDA

View Full Version : loosing the fat for good!

Snoopimp
07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I decided to make a journal not only to see what input people would give me but to give myself a method to always be able to check back on my journey and make any needed changes for the better to ultimately achieve my goal. So here it goes...

Height: 5'8
Body Type: Mesomorph
Current Weight: 190.5 lbs
Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs
Current BF%: 18%
Goal BF%: 8%
Time-Frame: 20 weeks
Goal Weight-Loss Per Week: 1.5 lbs
Start Date: Tuesday, July 10th 2007

Workout Plan: Intense lifting I will try to keep my load as high as possible while cranking up the intensity. I will blend some of principles of HIIT into my weight lifting regiment...I will also do moderate cardio every weight training day AFTER lifting for 15-30 minutes. Walking on an incline or stair master. Saturdays when time permits, will be my conditioning training day... roughly a little over an hour of drills I have picked up from my football and mixed martial arts training. My ultimate goal is to look shredded but I wan't to keep and improve my conditioning. I will also be working out my abdominals slightly during this day.

Monday - Back and Biceps
Tuesday - Chest and Tricep
Wensday - Shoulders
Thursday - Arms
Friday - Legs
Saturday (If possible) - Conditioning
Sunday - Off

Diet Plan: The diet plan that I chose is a timed-carb-cycle diet with absolutely no cheat days. It's pretty much a no carb diet that allows you to take in carbs only post workout and during your carb refuel days.

I have mine set up in the way that my weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are my carb refuel days. The only difference here is that I will replace my egg whites in the morning with Kashi's "Get Lean" cereal. And add 1 slice of whole wheat bread or cup of brown rice to each meal and replace the weekday green veggies with carrots, beats, corn, and sweet potatoe. And replace any shakes with real food.

Supplements: I have Animal Pak on back-order (site I use is out of stock) so as of now the only supplement I will use is my protein powder, ON 100% Whey and Muscle Milk.

Snoopimp
07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
My first day has been really awesome and I'm excited for the progress and results I will start to see in a few weeks.

I had a killer back and bi workout today and was able to squeeze in 15 min of cardio before my mom was there to pick me up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do deadlifts cause of my time restriction and the barbells were occupied but I promised myself I'll do them during my leg day so I will :P

My diet today was pretty solid;

9AM: 1 tablespoon of EV olive oil, 1/2 cup of nonfat cottage cheese, 1 slice of honey roasted turkey breast, 1 cup of egg whites, and a little bit of onions all turned into a real tasty omlette for breakfast! This is my new favorite breakfast of choice and I'll be making this alot.

NOON: Made me a lean turkey burger (170 cal, 32g protein) and had it with 2 cups of mixed broccoli, string beans, and cabbage.

3PM: 1 Chicken Breast with 2 cups of mixed broccoli, string beans, spinach, and asparagus

Pre-Workout: 1/2 banana, 2 tablespoons of wheat germ, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 tables spoons of ON 100% Whey and 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter, mixed in a blender with lots of ice for a thick shake.

Post-Workout: 1/2 banana, 4 small-medium size strawberries, 1 packet of "Weight Control" oatmeal, 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey, 1 cup of skim milk, mixed in blender to make a nice and tasty banana-berry chocolate smoothie!

Pre-Sleep: I just finished eating a can of tuna, no mayo.