PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein on waking up?

struck
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I usually eat ~535 calories on waking up, but with addition of ON Whey protein it becomes 645. I was wondering if I should postpone whey protein to the next meal instead?

First meal includes all-bran extra fiber with milk, small omelet, and some brown bread.

I know it's good to get in protein when you wake up, but I think I am already getting enough calories to add ON Whey protein for the first meal. Doesn't really makes much of a difference, if I take it 2-3 hours later.

What do you say?

Patrok
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
depend what is your goal man, i personally eat ~1200cal for breakfast...

cut = eat less than maintenance
bulk = eat more than maintenance

breakfast should be your BIGGEST meal of the day !

kmkordvani23
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Have ON Casein Protein as you wake up... It will take longer to break down so when your eating the proteins from the meal will fuel you now then the casein will fuel you after.

struck
07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Yes. It's not that I have problem with losing fat or gaining muscle. I have long figured out the caloric intake. But, I have basically started to wonder if taking WHEY protein in the morning is important because everything I am eating in the breakfast has lots of fiber (total of ~16gm), so that will be absorbed slowly.

kmkordvani23
07-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Just take the powder... Personally I usually do not have time for that breakfast. My bfast consist of powder with banana and peanut butter... I envy your breakfast ;-)

The fiber intake is great... what is in your omelet?

struck
07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Omelette consist of egg (sure thing :D), salt, less than 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, red n black pepper, and onions.

Sometimes I replace it with lightly fried egg.

On another note, maybe I was just trying to push the next meal (2hours) a little bigger, which currently just consists of 120 calories ... hehe

kmkordvani23
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I have a really old pan... and being a cheap-lazy ass I refuse to buy a brand new non-stick one which i should. So i stick to scrambled eggs w/ mushrooms. heh.

P.S. back to topic of powder in the morning. Do it!